Gas is back over $2.50 a gallon. Than...

Gas is back over $2.50 a gallon. Thank you Bushco/Cheneyburton!

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Got Lemons? Make lemonade!”

Since: Mar 07

Milky Way

#2 Mar 12, 2007
I don't know how you would run a company, but if I were running an oil company I would be in it to make money...the more the better!

Did you know they are making the summer blend of gas right now. They have to start now to have enough for the summer months. As long as we are making 4 and 5 different summer time blends, the price will go up during summer. California has AT LEAST 4 different blends they use depending where in Cali. you live.

They have worked on alternative fuels... what about all that corn crap. Now, mexico says we are raising the cost of their torilla (spelling) because of all the corn we are using for fuels.

Milky Way

#4 Mar 13, 2007
I was going to give you facts and figures, but I don't think you would understand. Just go here: http://www.conocophillips.com/newsroom/other_...

They explain gross and net profit of oil companies much better than I can.

Don't believe EVERYTHING Brian Williams tells you.

“Searching for the True America”

Since: Jan 07

Dallas

#5 Mar 13, 2007
NotMyselfToday wrote:
I was going to give you facts and figures, but I don't think you would understand. Just go here: http://www.conocophillips.com/newsroom/other_...
They explain gross and net profit of oil companies much better than I can.
Don't believe EVERYTHING Brian Williams tells you.
I've seen these explainations before. I've read countless spins that the oil companies produce to defend the obscene profits made on the backs of the middle class and working poor in this country.

There are three things Bush will be remembered for-

1. The unbelievably stupid war in Iraq.

2. The completely inept rescue attempt in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

3. Out of control fuel prices.

That's it. How in the hell would you like for that to be your legacy? And what is bad is that we still have a couple of more years to go for this fool to possibly do more damage.

Oh and I am sure, that come election time in November of '08, the fuel prices will drop again as Bush will stick it to the American people one more time by trying to help the Republican Party keep control of the White House.

Holy cow, is this nightmare ever going to end?

Milky Way

#8 Mar 14, 2007
1. I was not defending the President, or anyone else.
2. Name calling was not needed.

I know economics, and I know how businesses are run. Do you honestly think a gallon of gas should still be selling for $0.45? It costs money to import, refine and distribute. Everyone along the way has their hands in the pot. From Joe Average that owns the gas station all the way back to Iraq. Ships need to be maintained, as well as the refineries (which we haven't had a new one built in almost 30 years).

If you don't like the profit they are making.. stop giving them your money.

Dallas

#9 Mar 14, 2007
NotMyselfToday wrote:
1. I was not defending the President, or anyone else.
2. Name calling was not needed.
I know economics, and I know how businesses are run. Do you honestly think a gallon of gas should still be selling for $0.45? It costs money to import, refine and distribute. Everyone along the way has their hands in the pot. From Joe Average that owns the gas station all the way back to Iraq. Ships need to be maintained, as well as the refineries (which we haven't had a new one built in almost 30 years).
If you don't like the profit they are making.. stop giving them your money.
I understand how businesses are run, as well. I have stocks in certain companies and of course I want them to do well. But I also want them to be responsible.

Telling someone not to spend their money with the oil companies will not fly. Their influence in our society is huge. Everything is related to fuel prices- everything. Products are delivered by trucks and other means and when fuel prices rise, especially to this degree- all prices for hard goods rise.
Serpico

Miami, FL

#10 Mar 14, 2007
Smarten up, loose the ego, and buy a Hybrid. Plain and simple.

My Camry Hybrid runs just fine. Cut my annual fuel cost by about 40%. And from what I understand, the Prius is even better.
HighMPG

Miami, FL

#11 Mar 14, 2007
Agreed.

Let the gas go up to $4. a gallon. I don't care, my Prius doesen't mind either.

“My Name should be sickofRNC”

Brevard, NC

#12 Mar 14, 2007
It's called the golden rule they have all the gold they make the rules.
John

Richmond, VA

#13 Mar 14, 2007
Barry Champlain wrote:
Amazing that gas prices ever-so-conveniently plummeted to $1.95 a gallon on the DAY BEFORE and DAY OF the November elections, and have just steadily climbed back up ever since....
Yes, the Democrats control Congress now. On top of that, I expect them jack up gas taxes.

Since: Feb 07

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Mar 14, 2007
HighMPG wrote:
Agreed.
that's good..but the higher price of gas effects everything (almost) in the American market. What makes everyone so mad is the fact that we know that the oil companies artificially inflate the price of gas but our politicians won't take any action. If we actually let supply and demand drive the market for fuel it would take at least ten years to straighten out this mess. I hate government regulating everything but in this case something needs to be done.
Reb
RightStuff

United States

#15 Mar 14, 2007
I hope the price of gas goes up to $10 a gallon so Illegals will have to stop driving. YES! Us wealthy people could care less about the price of gas.

Carmel Valley, CA

#16 Mar 14, 2007
HighMPG wrote:
Agreed.
Smug,but you can't eat your pruis.

“"veritas medius aecus vallum"”

Madison, AL

#17 Mar 14, 2007
RightStuff wrote:
I hope the price of gas goes up to $10 a gallon so Illegals will have to stop driving. YES! Us wealthy people could care less about the price of gas.
Agreed. Invest wisely.

Dallas

#18 Mar 14, 2007
RightStuff wrote:
May your illegal gardner accidentally kill your beautiful lawn. May your illegal cook accidentally piss in your soup.

There, that should teach you a thing or two you rich guy, you.:-)
Big Mike

Cocoa, FL

#19 Mar 14, 2007
Barry Champlain wrote:
So, no matter what lies, graft, corruption, price-gouging, war-profiteering, collusion and outright fraud is perpetrated, you're okay with it so long as the select-few Bushco/Cheneyburton "base" can continue padding their already multi-billion-dollar personal accounts.
Will there ever be a time when cons will just admit that there's an 800-pound gorilla in the room and stop making these lame excuses for why the oil industry has done NOTHING BUT PROFIT during the entire Bush II administration, regardless of circumstance, logic, truth, reason or ethics?
The neo-cons come up with excuse after excuse for this blatant thievery: Gas is up because oil prices are up; gas is up because of hurrican damage to refineries; gas is up because of holiday demand; gas is up because of pipeline damage; gas is up becuase a pigeon farted in Shinto, North Dakota yesterday.
It's never just an admission of the plain and simple truth that every single excuse given to date has proven to be an outright lie, and the record profits just keep rolling in.
<quoted text>
I agree, in the name of profit companies have moved their head offices off shore to avoid taxes but they still demand america protect them and their profits, in the name of profits companies shut down american factories throw thousands of people on the street and move the factories to china, mexico etc to make more profit
IMHO all companies that benifit from doing business in America should be forced to pay america taxes.
They want the benifits but don't what to pay for those benifits. As to gas prices come on gas prices go up to $3.00 a gallon but they have a banner year in profits. They are price fixing and that is a crime.
Big Mike

Cocoa, FL

#20 Mar 14, 2007
RightStuff wrote:
It's all relative if gas goes up to $10.00 a gallon your maid can't afford to drive to your house to work or you need to raise her pay. Also all food items that need to be trucked in will sky rocket, all plastic products that are made from oil by products will sky rocket. So when your car cost 150% more to buy, your beer, wine, clothes, paper products etc cost 10 times the prices you are paying now you are not going to be wealthy much longer. But hey you will be straving,
like the rest of us in the name of profit,
Authority

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Mar 14, 2007
Why isn't oil price-controlled when electricity, water, and natural gas ARE controlled?
Authority

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Mar 14, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Democrats control Congress now. On top of that, I expect them jack up gas taxes.
How else do you expect to pay off Dubya's $10 trillion debt?
John

Richmond, VA

#23 Mar 14, 2007
Authority wrote:
<quoted text>
How else do you expect to pay off Dubya's $10 trillion debt?
Actually, it's Congress (now led by Nancy Pelosi) who creates these budgets and then submits them to the President for signing. it is also Congress who sets the National Debt limit. Do you really think that Mr. Bush sits in the oval office all day deciding how and what to spend? As for the $9 Trillion dollar national debt, it predates Bush by decades.
The topic here is gas prices, and like I said earlier, the Democrat led Congress wants Americans to pay more for their gas.
Hurricane Katrina survivors, The Elderly, The Poor, and The Blind: that who will pay more every time they fill their gas tank thanks to the most regressive form of tax ever created.
tappy

Toronto, Canada

#24 Mar 14, 2007
Serpico wrote:
Smarten up, loose the ego, and buy a Hybrid. Plain and simple.
My Camry Hybrid runs just fine. Cut my annual fuel cost by about 40%. And from what I understand, the Prius is even better.
Your fortunate to afford one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min NoStress4me 64,899
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Anthony MN 654,523
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min crucifiedguy 281,962
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,604
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Peter Ross 857
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 973,971
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,224
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 45,309
More from around the web