Since: Aug 13

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

i request to read the below article published in keetru to all tamils in this forum who blindly believe whatever told by dravidar kazhakam,dmk,admk who are the main reason to make the entire non tamil indians to hate tamil people and make them to see tamils as inferior,language chauvinists,anti indians,untouchable persons..i think google translator will help to non tamil indians...
http://www.keetru.com/index.php...

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Qtiyapa wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking...mamuni mayan? I know Mayan civilization...why your rishis like agastya came to nalanda to study? just to learn sanskrit..learn the literature and go back and convert the same in Tamil...?? do u get it? and also in Kali yuga...Demons need to be scared...as demons are the Tamils as mentioned in all early sanskrit literatures....All vedas in all languages point out demons coming mostly from the southern part...that was TamilNadu...now u get why u resemble them?:D Also your culture and attitude ... You guys are actually Africans ...migrated to India.
so for you tamils are demons?...and they came to nalanda to study sanskrit?...ok i think you seems to a master in sanskrit's vedas,puranas,upanishads,ithih asas since we came from distant south whereas you people have sanskrit knowledge as sea level and bathing in that sea...can you answer this pls i have already asked this to another one guy in this forum but he didnt reply hope u ll reply me...what is the nila suktam in yajur veda talks about? who is the goddess mentioned in this suktam? whose consort is her? in which part of the world the goddess has temples?...
jacob tirunelveli

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Qtiyapa wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking...mamuni mayan? I know Mayan civilization...why your rishis like agastya came to nalanda to study? just to learn sanskrit..learn the literature and go back and convert the same in Tamil...?? do u get it? and also in Kali yuga...Demons need to be scared...as demons are the Tamils as mentioned in all early sanskrit literatures....All vedas in all languages point out demons coming mostly from the southern part...that was TamilNadu...now u get why u resemble them?:D Also your culture and attitude ... You guys are actually Africans ...migrated to India.
if you dont know abut mamuni mayan it is your stupidity. please visit aintiram read it carefully. you ariar demons will be thrown out of india soon. this is the land of tamils. you dont belong to india. you are afganistan terrorist group. hahahaha. go and read literatures of aintiram and american university of mayonic science and technology. you dint tell me why sanskrit school of grammer is named after the tamil literature aintiram. please write something fruitful. nobody from india came to learn sanskrit . you afganistan brahmins came to india and learned our technology and wrote them in sanskrit.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

^American university of mayonic science^You need lots of money to study the courses offered in piece meal.I regret that instead of throwing brick bats with each other and people must try to clarify the opinions with evidences simple enough to follow by layman.
I am also interested in knowing
^what is the nila suktam in yajur veda talks about? who is the goddess mentioned in this suktam? whose consort is her? in which part of the world the goddess has temples?...^Which blog or link or research source we can find answers.
Jacob seems to know more about history, please provide chronological events and record in this forum. It is a pity that you have not bothered to know the antiquity of major South indian languages.and yet arguing for Tamil blindly?
Since Jacob studied a lot on religions, please provide the period of floods (as mentioned in Sangam literatures)correlating with other religions. Without mentioning chronology it is like the story of the elephant description by four blind people.
There were many periods of ups and down for Tamil as well as other languages. Whenever, sanskrit dominated, Brahmanism was ruling and destroying other relgions .Jainism oldest religion is almost extinct now . Same as Buddhism only in other countries and almost extinct from India , in spite of an attempt to revive by Ambedkar. But we need to know what happened before any religion was practiced. There are lots of literature left by these religions similar to Tamil literature.
Note , but for Tamil thatha, we would have lost Tholkapiam too.Now we can read online all the olai read by tamil thatha painfully.Can any one upload the AINTRAM OLAIS for future generation to research .It cannot be the monopoly of American university , located at Chennai to mint money like many yoga gurus do at the west, hijacking our age old knowledge and repackaging to mint . If anything I have mentioned is not true, my ignorance can be tolerated in this forum.
jacob tirunelveli

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

mr.mudaliar nila suktam is sung in praise of devi the god of creations. she is also said to be one of the wife(third) of lord vishnu. the nila suktam is full of prayer to devi asking for blessings. there is no other things in nila suktam. according to tamil sanga literatures the first tamil sangam started around 10400bc and the king who started this sangam was kaaisina vazhuthi pandian. maamuni mayan, agathyar, thuvarakai komaan and many poets and also kings submitted their literatures. The first diluge occured around 6000bc. the second sangam started around 5650 to 5700bc. the poets who participated were thurunamaakini(tholkaapiyar) , athankottu aasaan, thuraalingar, sempootsei, vaiyaapikanaar, panam paarananaar, vaaipiyanar, kazhaarampanar, avinayanar, kaakkai paadiniyar, narathanar, vaamananar. the second diluge destroyed kavatapuram around 1750bc. kavatapuram is a historical proof from roman historical writer pliny of 30bc , and ramayanam. the third tamil sangam started around 1500bc and ended at 350bc. the second diluge around 1750 bc coinsides with the submerge of twaraka. the proof of first flood in other languages are matsya purana that says about tamil king manu who escaped the flood and started his life from kerala. noah's story is also a memorized and copied story of matsya purana. because this same story is written in sumer also. the king who was mentioned was agathyar with 7 vedas and literatures.
jacob tirunelveli

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

neela devi is also called bhoomadevi. she is the earth. she was created by the energy of vishnu. she is blue in colour and she loves all and gives good to even those who offended her. jupiter is the planet associated with neela devi. her temples are all over india and nepal. i know trivandrum lakshmi varaha temple and one in tirunelveli. she is always seen with fighting demons. she is also the lakshmi who gives wealth and neela devi with a tiger .iam a christian but years ago i had a dream i was sitting in front of a heavenly treasure. devil came there with his demon men and tried to take that treasure i was no match to that demons. suddenly a big flash of light came from sky neela devi and her tiger stepped down from that light . the demons were no match to the tiger it tore them off and they ran for their life. neela devi and the tiger left the place and i handed over the treasure to the responsible people. and i heard a blessing of neela devi from sky for me. after that dream only my life changed and i concentrated more on my growth . i knew only jesus but i dont know why goddess neela devi came in my dream and blessed me.

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Mudaliar wrote:
^what is the nila suktam in yajur veda talks about? who is the goddess mentioned in this suktam? whose consort is her? in which part of the world the goddess has temples?...
nila suktam talks about the goddess nila or neela devi or the water goddess one of the three consorts of vishnu...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nila_Devi
neela means water in tamil root word is neeluthal(stretching) since water has the ability of stretching,neelu means water in telugu also,this word is particularly famous in pandyan kingdom...here la in nee"la" should be the small la which we use to denote "palli" in tamil ie school...(there is no proper word in devanagari to show difference between la and lha..).vishnu gives his heart to lakshmi for residing,bhu devi formed from the thigh of mahavishnu whereas nila devi is entirely filled in vishnu's body this is why his colour is depicted as blue, this is like sivan's arthanareeswara form including siva in right sakthi in left...as per tamil vaisnavites vishnu is the atma representing spiritual world in a human body, sridevi or lakshmi is the mental energy or swarkaloga representing mind...niladevi is the vital energy or bhuvarloga representing the senses,movable bloods,sensory nerves...bhudevi is the physical energy or bhuloka reperesenting stable hard parts of a human body like skeleton...so a human to realise the atma he should use his powers sri,nila and bhudevi residing in his body...this is the reason why in every tamil vaishnavite temples the priests asks the visitors to see first the "thaayaar"(goddess) before seeing vishnu...among the 7 chakras of human body vishnu represents swadhistaanam associated with the panjabootha 'water' which is responsible for human's emotions sexual desires and reproduction...before the creation of planets and other living things this entire universe will be filled with water and narayana in a small baby form resides in a banyan leaf floats in that water(niladevi) as per below picture...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images...

This is similar to a sperm travelling in a liquid...since vishnu is the only male or paramathma as per vaishnavism...so whatever happens inside a human body happens in universe also this is why a tamil siththar sings as andamae pindam,pindamae andam(universe is the body and body is the universe)
nila devi is the consort of narayana(krishna's previous form) and this why krishna is often seen as a lover of cows that delivers milk products, stealing butter a product of milk and defeating seven bulls(jallikkattu) to marry the cowherd girl nappinnai(radha) which are all representing narayana's affection towards nila devi...

http://jayasreesaranathan.blogspot.com/2008/0...

the only temple where vishnu is seen with sri,bhu,nila devi is in thiruthangal near sivakasi in pandiyan kingdom

http://temple.dinamalar.com/New.php...

http://kumbakonamtemples.in/ninra-narayanan-t... --thiru-thangal.html

this too i know because i lived in that place...but this temple is very famous among n.indians watched many times numerous n.indians visited here but not recognition like srirangam and thirupathi
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Great going, thanks to Jacob and Thirivkraman,
As for the links , I will sure digest them, at the earliest.Please note that my writings are instant recapitulation of my past readings.I need to express caution for Wikipedia and many sites which are biased and poisoned by white men in collusion with some Sanskrit scholars.Even so called pundits have difference of opinion on following Pannini grammar .It is true that out of 2% of Brahmins , very few can still can recite ex tempo the.Vedas, Puranas etc.Even Vashnavisim came up countering Saivism inducting poisons and pitted against each other.If I am correct Sankaracharya^s ^interpretations of scriptures was not accepted by by Madvacharya,Chaitanya?
I wish to know , what was before Brahmanism , Jainism, Buddhism etc . Tantra culture originated before what? Was it to to counter the Brahminical forces or lost out to Brahmincal ,vedic rituals , sati practices etc. Well I may digressing from antiquity of language.
Since Tamil antiquity is highly depended upon literatures , we need more proofs for dating Sangams .What sources are available , archeology, anthropology etc. What is the status of Aricamedu excavations, Kaveripattanam/poompuhar etc.
One have to be depended more on old records where you do not find Aryan, Dravidian, South North ETC.If unavoidable, the true colors of those words are to be kept in mind.
Sometime before I happened to study Surya Siddanta, an English translation of sanskrit version. Any tamil version in web?
As I am busy now with Biological Anthropology, Introductory biology but with latest Genomics, genetics,etc will follow the forum but may not be able to contribute substantially. Lastly what is the status of Tholkappiam grammar , Can it be learned ? How much of modern Tamil is depended upon those rules?. Is there any work going on to translate latest status of art ,in Technology,Science ,Computer etc. Why we cannot revert to tamil alphabetical numerals instead of Arabic numerals( those Arabic numerals were originated from Tamil letters is another story I read)Will that put the clock back in knowledge evolution.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Incidentally I did read some posts from the blog, ^non random thoughts^, but not all. There we can find genuine research materials. How much has been accepted by peers , I do not know.
Rajasekar RRR

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Spoken primarily in several
southern Indian states, Tamil also
holds official language status in India ,Sri
Lanka Malaysia ,Canada and Singapore. It is one the
oldest languages still in use today
and has around 80 million total
speakers.
Tamil is the world 1st language .....
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Rajasekar RRR

It will be interesting and useful to know ,how many , and which universities Tamil is taught as first, second language and research is going on past literature !!!. What is the status in all other fields of education?
Abimanasingham Sitthawatt

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

There is no evidence to prove that Sanskrit was in use before Tamil language. However,there are literary and acrchaeological evidences to prove that all the "ancient" Sanskrit and Tamil literature, Grammar books and lexicons were composed by a Tamil Mahayana Buddhist Monk. As an example: There is a Tamil Lexicon called "Ceenthan Tivaakaram." It has 12 chapters and each ends with a stanza. Go through those stanzas to confirm my statement.In addition to this there are a number of ancient Tamil literature that confirm this.Written Tamil is the only ancient language in which there is a definite scientific reason for a word to give meaning.The Western scholars had come to the conclusion that a word is conventional. But, Tolkaapiyan in his Tolkaapiyam had said:&#2990;&#3018; &#2996;&#3007;&#29 86;&#3021; &#2986;&#3018;&#29 92;&#3009;&#2975;& #3021; &#2965;&#3006;&#29 92;&#2979;&#2990;& #3021; &#2997;&#3007;&#29 96;&#3007;&#2986;& #3021;&#2986;&#2980; &#3021; &#2980;&#3019;&#29 85;&#3021;&#2993;& #3006;. Commentaries written for this sutra by Nacchinaarkiniyar and Seenaavaraiyar eplain how a Tamil word gives meaning!
kalai mani

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Tamil is very old language and easy to learning.....f##k malayali's
DR SUMATHI

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

I have read the above comments.Some are very informative and some are ridiculous.Before commenting please research properly.No matter which language came first language is just a mode of communication.All the languages should be loved because it brings one closer to each other.Everybody will feel their languages are greater.please do not deny their rights.I don't deny tamil is the oldest language which is very unique and beautiful and same goes to other languages too.Tamil and sanskrit is god created language so treasure it.Please stop degrading other languages.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

DR SUMATHI

Let us not worry about the people who are misfit for this forum. It will be better to identify the posts which are informative and providing links to follow through..Also build constructive arguments for ^ridiculous^ ones leaving out those use foul language.
Instead of quoting God, there is nothing wrong in establishing ,finding and doing research for the roots of Languages. True there can be other opinion for their respective mother tongue. There is lot of research is going on various new frontiers on evolution of man, languages etc. Some are just using new research tools not available in earlier decades.

Just yesterday I read that there exists in Tamil and Malayalam scripts written before Vedas in Sanskrit which were recorded from verbal to writings.(Vigyan Bhairav Tantra/Siva Grantha). Can any one throw light with links?

Abimanasingham Sitthawatt

Also, what was the time period for"Ceenthan Tivaakaram." and where we can read the same?

^There is no evidence to prove that Sanskrit was in use before Tamil language.^Can we have concrete evidence a bit more for better understanding, if there is any for Tamil language.
muhammad sharjeel

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

well m from bihar but staying in tamil nadu.....so i know both the languages somewhat
...studied in dav so had an opportunity to study sanskrit....and now m im chennai for 4 years so have learned enough tamizh
.....in my knowledge sanskrit is the oldest language of india
.....and it sounds better then any other indian lang....very poetic and has deep meaning......
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

muhammad sharjeel wrote:
well m from bihar but staying in tamil nadu.....so i know both the languages somewhat
...studied in dav so had an opportunity to study sanskrit....and now m im chennai for 4 years so have learned enough tamizh
.....in my knowledge sanskrit is the oldest language of india
.....and it sounds better then any other indian lang....very poetic and has deep meaning......
Try to understand the topic before giving opinion.The topic ^which is the oldest?^ and not from where and not based on current status of languages.^Very poetic^, will fit many languages.In this forum we need to look for the time period that fit and convincing.
1. What is the difference?
2. One for common and the other for elite with coded words for memory and retain the subtle knowledge.
3. What about mantra and tantra,,which one dominated?
4. Which are pure Sanskrit literature without mix up of other language?
5. Which Tamil literature are completely free from Sankrit words.
6. Which Purana is free from Sanskrit translation or adaptation?

We need look for evidences created before Jainism ,Buddhism saivism , etc. Also links for research papers accepted by scholars.There are blogs for Tamil, Sanskrit, Kannada , Malayalam and Sanskrit.
What is the readership of those blogs?
If any body can post the links , the members can discuss constructively.

Two such blogs I came across both have enough materials and require patience and many hours of study,
1. Random thoughts
2. Ajitvadaikayil
The links will be posted in the next page.
arunnath

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

tamil is oldest langauge
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

arunnath wrote:
tamil is oldest langauge
Are you referring to ^KAL thonri man thonra kalathil, Tamil existed^
Can we quantify with time element,with sources for the same .
jacob tirunelveli

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

the original pirazhnava vedam is published as book by tamilnadu government with association with aum s&t . please buy that book and find the answers to your questions. pirazhnava vedam is written by maamuni mayan in 10000bc in sambo theevu. pirazhnavam means twisted nine. it explains about the universe, how it was created om light and om sound. and how an small particle starts its energy and become the huge universe. the sanskrit people from afganistan memorised this and wrote it in sanskrit with lot of mistakes. they omitted the om light they mentioned only the om sound. and they kept the same name for the veda as pranava veda. so stupid. still indians are beleiving that stupid brahmanans

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

705 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Krackerjacks 115,116
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Holy dr Shrink 599,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min dirty white boy- 720,560
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min cretin56 224,191
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Regina 532,798
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min lisw 172,402
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Charlie Sheen 256,524
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••