Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
muhammad sharjeel

Chennai, India

#1740 Dec 8, 2013
well m from bihar but staying in tamil nadu.....so i know both the languages somewhat
...studied in dav so had an opportunity to study sanskrit....and now m im chennai for 4 years so have learned enough tamizh
.....in my knowledge sanskrit is the oldest language of india
.....and it sounds better then any other indian lang....very poetic and has deep meaning......
Mudaliar

Tumkur, India

#1741 Dec 9, 2013
muhammad sharjeel wrote:
well m from bihar but staying in tamil nadu.....so i know both the languages somewhat
...studied in dav so had an opportunity to study sanskrit....and now m im chennai for 4 years so have learned enough tamizh
.....in my knowledge sanskrit is the oldest language of india
.....and it sounds better then any other indian lang....very poetic and has deep meaning......
Try to understand the topic before giving opinion.The topic ^which is the oldest?^ and not from where and not based on current status of languages.^Very poetic^, will fit many languages.In this forum we need to look for the time period that fit and convincing.
1. What is the difference?
2. One for common and the other for elite with coded words for memory and retain the subtle knowledge.
3. What about mantra and tantra,,which one dominated?
4. Which are pure Sanskrit literature without mix up of other language?
5. Which Tamil literature are completely free from Sankrit words.
6. Which Purana is free from Sanskrit translation or adaptation?

We need look for evidences created before Jainism ,Buddhism saivism , etc. Also links for research papers accepted by scholars.There are blogs for Tamil, Sanskrit, Kannada , Malayalam and Sanskrit.
What is the readership of those blogs?
If any body can post the links , the members can discuss constructively.

Two such blogs I came across both have enough materials and require patience and many hours of study,
1. Random thoughts
2. Ajitvadaikayil
The links will be posted in the next page.
arunnath

Ashburn, VA

#1743 Dec 10, 2013
tamil is oldest langauge
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1744 Dec 10, 2013
arunnath wrote:
tamil is oldest langauge
Are you referring to ^KAL thonri man thonra kalathil, Tamil existed^
Can we quantify with time element,with sources for the same .
jacob tirunelveli

Rajkot, India

#1745 Dec 10, 2013
the original pirazhnava vedam is published as book by tamilnadu government with association with aum s&t . please buy that book and find the answers to your questions. pirazhnava vedam is written by maamuni mayan in 10000bc in sambo theevu. pirazhnavam means twisted nine. it explains about the universe, how it was created om light and om sound. and how an small particle starts its energy and become the huge universe. the sanskrit people from afganistan memorised this and wrote it in sanskrit with lot of mistakes. they omitted the om light they mentioned only the om sound. and they kept the same name for the veda as pranava veda. so stupid. still indians are beleiving that stupid brahmanans
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1746 Dec 12, 2013
the original pirazhnava

om om iyalviri olinirai
nilaiyiyal kalaiperu miyalvirive
om om moolap porulneri
naarpurath thiyalnilai sulaichudare
om om ennilai arupaan
naangiyal kanakiyal sitravaiye
om om sudaroli moolak
kanalnilai ongurum perunthirane

anyone want to speak for sanskrit anymore.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1747 Dec 12, 2013
Thanks ,Jacob,sure Iwill try to buy if available online.Meanwhile watch the post on Piranava veda, from Ajit vadaikayil, a spokesperson for Sanskrit .I wish to know for the benift of this forum readers, how 10000 years old is arrived.Also, other than Tamil Nadu, any other recognised university or renowned authors have written reviwes on this book.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1748 Dec 12, 2013
Mudaliar wrote:
Thanks ,Jacob,sure Iwill try to buy if available online.Meanwhile watch the post on Piranava veda, from Ajit vadaikayil, a spokesperson for Sanskrit .I wish to know for the benift of this forum readers, how 10000 years old is arrived.Also, other than Tamil Nadu, any other recognised university or renowned authors have written reviwes on this book.
Jacob, A quick web reading gives me an impression that Pranava veda was published as early as early /late 19 th century based on pandit blind but had memorised scripts from young age.They were all in sanskrit. ALso, the book you are mentionig is a translation from sanskrit to Tamil ?
Entier Piranava veda is available for download. It wil take months to complete.Iam geting impression that for the past 2 or 3 centuries, Sankrit was promoted across the world , and west is capitalising since then. Tamil and Sanskrit were form time immemoriel, a debate this forum must give creditinal links and not on blind. Propaganda.and with hidden agenda.
jacob tirunelveli

Vadodara, India

#1749 Dec 12, 2013
mr. mudaliyar dont bluff without proof. you are behaving like a narathar here. i have given you the proof of original pirazhnava. without reading it dont give any suggestion.
jacob tirunelveli

Vadodara, India

#1750 Dec 12, 2013
Mudaliar wrote:
<quoted text>
Jacob, A quick web reading gives me an impression that Pranava veda was published as early as early /late 19 th century based on pandit blind but had memorised scripts from young age.They were all in sanskrit. ALso, the book you are mentionig is a translation from sanskrit to Tamil ?
Entier Piranava veda is available for download. It wil take months to complete.Iam geting impression that for the past 2 or 3 centuries, Sankrit was promoted across the world , and west is capitalising since then. Tamil and Sanskrit were form time immemoriel, a debate this forum must give creditinal links and not on blind. Propaganda.and with hidden agenda.
mr.mudaliyar atranslated script will have the same subject of the original. but look at the original book of mayan it explains all. because it is original. pranava vedam is the false propaganda by brahmins. only fools like you will beleive them.
Sandeep

United States

#1751 Dec 13, 2013
guyz, why we are fighting. Tamil is world oldest living language but sanskrit is world oldest language but not living not using by any person.
According to me, Sanskrit is oldest becoz our vedas, ramayan, mahabharta are written in Sanskrit in Satyag.
jacob tirunelveli

Vadodara, India

#1752 Dec 13, 2013
Sandeep wrote:
guyz, why we are fighting. Tamil is world oldest living language but sanskrit is world oldest language but not living not using by any person.
According to me, Sanskrit is oldest becoz our vedas, ramayan, mahabharta are written in Sanskrit in Satyag.
mr. vedas were copied to sanskrit from tamil. that is what proved by american university of mayonic science and technology. the original pirazhnava is recovered and publish by aums&t with association with tamilnadu govt. please refer to it.

Since: Dec 13

Delhi, India

#1753 Dec 13, 2013
Sanskrit is oldest language in india not tamil. Sanskrit is first language talk in india after this come tamil etc
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1754 Dec 13, 2013
Jacob

It is unfortunate you resort to personal comment.It is o.k ,Since Naradar did what he wanted to do for the benefit for all.. Give references of reviews for the book, by other University or renowned scholors.Or at least report in this forum what is the difference with Pranavaveda by Bhagavan Das published by the theosophical Society,Adayar with Anni Besant commentary during 1908 and uploaded that rare source by Dr.Guy Pettit in web for all of us to read. It is my humble opinion that Tamilnadu government should upload the original Piraznava veda for the benefit of all to upheld the antiquity of Tami Also look for evidences of the book published was not the translation from Sanskrit.
anvith

Ashburn, VA

#1755 Dec 14, 2013
MURALI DHARAN wrote:
TAMIL IS THE OLDEST LIVING LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD. ALL NORTH INDIANS SUPPORTING SANSKRIT SUCK.
I reckon its Sanskrit because its a language like mathematics you can speak it either way Tamil and Sanskrit may be brothers but yes stop speaking aryan Dravidian thing it has been Proved Indians have been from kashmir to kanyakumari greater than 5000 years ago
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1757 Dec 14, 2013
Mudaliar wrote:
DR SUMATHI
Let us not worry about the people who are misfit for this forum. It will be better to identify the posts which are informative and providing links to follow through..Also build constructive arguments for ^ridiculous^ ones leaving out those use foul language.
Instead of quoting God, there is nothing wrong in establishing ,finding and doing research for the roots of Languages. True there can be other opinion for their respective mother tongue. There is lot of research is going on various new frontiers on evolution of man, languages etc. Some are just using new research tools not available in earlier decades.
Just yesterday I read that there exists in Tamil and Malayalam scripts written before Vedas in Sanskrit which were recorded from verbal to writings.(Vigyan Bhairav Tantra/Siva Grantha). Can any one throw light with links?
Abimanasingham Sitthawatt
Also, what was the time period for"Ceenthan Tivaakaram." and where we can read the same?
^There is no evidence to prove that Sanskrit was in use before Tamil language.^Can we have concrete evidence a bit more for better understanding, if there is any for Tamil language.
yes there are hell lot of proof that sanakrit was spoken earlier than tamil. You people say jainism is the oldest religion but mahavir in tamil you cant even speak name of vardhamana mahavira. letters like "dha" "sha" is not there in tamil. Rishabdev one of the jain thirthankar. Theire names also if in tamil canot be pronounced. Yes vedas as per findings said to be oral tradition but the first language written was prakrit a localized form of sanskrit later brahmi script was adoted to write tamil. and Jain monks got it tamil nadu and jain inscriptions are there in caves of tamil nadu. recently read an article about the praise on India and sanskrit language and on vedas and upnishads from great scients of the world and historians in the world and felt proud about it. but we Indians here are fighting on silly things and degrading whatever our ancestors gave us.
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1758 Dec 14, 2013
Mark Twain: "So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked."
Will Durant, American Historian: "India will teach us the tolerance and gentleness of mature mind, understanding spirit and a unifying, pacifying love for all human beings."
William James, American Author: "From the Vedas we learn a practical art of surgery, medicine, music, house building under which mechanized art is included. They are encyclopedia of every aspect of life, culture, religion, science, ethics, law, cosmology and meteorology."
Max Muller, German Scholar: "There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." ('Sacred Books of the East')
Dr Arnold Toynbee, British Historian: "It is already becoming clear that a chapter which had a Western beginning will have to have an Indian ending if it is not to end in the self-destruction of the human race. At this supremely dangerous moment in history, the only way of salvation for mankind is the Indian way."
Sir William Jones, British Orientalist: "The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity is of wonderful structure, more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin and more exquisitely refined than either."
P. Johnstone: "Gravitation was known to the Hindus (Indians) before the birth of Newton. The system of blood circulation was discovered by them centuries before Harvey was heard of."
Emmelin Plunret: "They were very advanced Hindu astronomers in 6000 BC. Vedas contain an account of the dimension of Earth, Sun, Moon, Planets and Galaxies." ('Calendars and Constellations')
Sylvia Levi: "She (India) has left indelible imprints on one fourth of the human race in the course of a long succession of centuries. She has the right to reclaim ... her place amongst the great nations summarizing and symbolizing the spirit of humanity. From Persia to the Chinese sea, from the icy regions of Siberia to Islands of Java and Borneo, India has propagated her beliefs, her tales, and her civilization!"
Schopenhauer: "Vedas are the most rewarding and the most elevating book which can be possible in the world." (Works VI p.427)
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1759 Dec 14, 2013
Mark Twain: "India has two million gods, and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers; India is the only millionaire."
Colonel James Todd: "Where can we look for sages like those whose systems of philosophy were prototypes of those of Greece: to whose works Plato, Thales and Pythagorus were disciples? Where do I find astronomers whose knowledge of planetary systems yet excites wonder in Europe as well as the architects and sculptors whose works claim our admiration, and the musicians who could make the mind oscillate from joy to sorrow, from tears to smile with the change of modes and varied intonation?"
Lancelot Hogben: "There has been no more revolutionary contribution than the one which the Hindus (Indians) made when they invented ZERO." ('Mathematics for the Millions')
Wheeler Wilcox: "India - The land of Vedas, the remarkable works contain not only religious ideas for a perfect life, but also facts which science has proved true. Electricity, radium, electronics, airship, all were known to the seers who founded the Vedas."
W. Heisenberg, German Physicist: "After the conversations about Indian philosophy, some of the ideas of Quantum Physics that had seemed so crazy suddenly made much more sense."
Sir W. Hunter, British Surgeon: "The surgery of the ancient Indian physicians was bold and skilful. A special branch of surgery was dedicated to rhinoplasty or operations for improving deformed ears, noses and forming new ones, which European surgeons have now borrowed."
Sir John Woodroffe: "An examination of Indian Vedic doctrines shows that it is in tune with the most advanced scientific and philosophical thought of the West."
B.G. Rele: "Our present knowledge of the nervous system fits in so accurately with the internal description of the human body given in the Vedas (5000 years ago). Then the question arises whether the Vedas are really religious books or books on anatomy of the nervous system and medicine." ('The Vedic Gods')
Adolf Seilachar & P.K. Bose, scientists: "One Billion-Year-Old fossil prove life began in India: AFP Washington reports in Science Magazine that German Scientist Adolf Seilachar and Indian Scientist P.K. Bose have unearthed fossil in Churhat a town in Madhya Pradesh, India which is 1.1 billion years old and has rolled back the evolutionary clock by more than 500 million years."
Will Durant, American Historian: "It is true that even across the Himalayan barrier India has sent to the west, such gifts as grammar and logic, philosophy and fables, hypnotism and chess, and above all numerals and the decimal system."
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1760 Dec 14, 2013
come on we are from such a great country. Which has such a strong past. When the world struggling to find that the earth was round or flat. we had calculated the planets in our solar system the navgraha. No matter which language but the matter of fact is that we have such a great past. We had worlds first universities Nallanda and Takshashila where even students from Greek and Rome used to come and study. That is why many adopted words from our language you can find in other worlds language, For example,
English
Matru= Mother, Brathru= Brother, Navgathi= Navigation
India was ocean of wealth and knowledge in the past. That is why many parts of world discovered to find India. I feel proud being an Indian.
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1761 Dec 14, 2013
Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".
Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only."
Albert Einstein, American scientist: "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made."
Max Mueller, German scholar: If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India.
Romain Rolland, French scholar : "If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India."
Henry David Thoreau, American Thinker & Author: Whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt that some unearthly and unknown light illuminated me. In the great teaching of the Vedas, there is no touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, climbs, and nationalities and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great Knowledge. When I read it, I feel that I am under the spangled heavens of a summer night.
R.W. Emerson, American Author: In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence, which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the questions that exercise us.
Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border."
Keith Bellows, National Geographic Society : "There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won't go. For me, India is such a place. When I first visited, I was stunned by the richness of the land, by its lush beauty and exotic architecture, by its ability to overload the senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds... I had been seeing the world in black & white and, when brought face-to-face with India, experienced everything re-rendered in brilliant technicolor."
A Rough Guide to India: "It is impossible not to be astonished by India. Nowhere on Earth does humanity present itself in such a dizzying, creative burst of cultures and religions, races and tongues. Enriched by successive waves of migration and marauders from distant lands, every one of them left an indelible imprint which was absorbed into the Indian way of life. Every aspect of the country presents itself on a massive, exaggerated scale, worthy in comparison only to the superlative mountains that overshadow it. It is this variety which provides a breathtaking ensemble for experiences that is uniquely Indian. Perhaps the only thing more difficult than to be indifferent to India would be to describe or understand India completely. There are perhaps very few nations in the world with the enormous variety that India has to offer. Modern day India represents the largest democracy in the world with a seamless picture of unity in diversity unparalleled anywhere else."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24,634
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 985,583
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 3 hr discocrisco 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,462
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web