Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Chaste Hindu

Jamnagar, India

#1649 Nov 17, 2013
talking*
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1650 Nov 17, 2013
Chaste Hindu wrote:
<quoted text>
In which purana? Also, don't give reference from a translated version or some other scriptures written just a few centuries back. Why would the puranas be talk about languages?! I don't get it..
in matsya purana it says the manu the south indian king escaped from flood and his boat landed in the malaya hills. from there he started his new life.

in bhavisya purana it says that the vedas where lost in the flood. and it was rewritten and then also evil people destroyed it and after that only it was written in pure sanskrit.

and in puranas the rivers of bharatham were mentioned and the river kumari is also mentioned in the south. kumari was the river which flowed through the kumari kandam.

so, the vedas and puranas are also one of the living literature proof for the kumari kandam.
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1651 Nov 18, 2013
and also in ramayana it is mentioned when rama went to lanka to free sita ,in that versus kapata city is mentioned. kapatapuram city was the capital of the pandian kings during the second tamil sangam which was submerged in the sea. so if we calculate the period of ramayana when it happened we can calculate the period of second tamil sangam. and if we calculate the period of manu in matsya purana we can calculate the period of the first tamil sangam that took place before the flood. so even though the brahmins destroyed the first veda and the tamil literatures along with it. the veda itself says about the kumari kandam. tharmathin vaalvu thannai soothu kavvum tharman meendum vellum this is a saying of lord krishna. so you brahmins have no way of hidding the truth and please stop speaking lies anymore and learn tamil. which is the language of god. tamil words were given to man by god. if you go through tamil language you will find the truth. a=sivan,aa=cow,soul,curtousy,e =half,ee=lend,vu=sivan,astouni sh,voo=food,meat,yea=arrow,hig hness,i=beauty,o=boat,av=earth ,kaa=gaurd,forest,ku=tumbler,k oo=earth,kai=hand,ko=king,god, kav=evil doing,saa=death,chee=lowerthin gs,su=red,fire,goodness,se=mor ning,cho=big wall of kongs court,gna=patience,tie,thaa=as king,thee=fire,danger,thu=eat, thoo=cleanliness,white,they=sw eat,god,thai=stitch,naa=tongue ,ni=more,like,noo=elephant,arn aments,ney=love,nai=sorrow,pit y,no=pain,now=wooden box,paa=song,poo=flower,pey=fe ar,pai=bag,po=go,ma=moon,maa=b ig,huge,mee=up,over the,top,moo=elderness,mey=top, mai=darkness,mo=fight,yaa=no,v aa=come,vi=sky,knowledge,vee=f lower,end,vey=neem,spy,vai=kee p,sharpness,
there are more one letter words in tamil which are the basics of the language. these words are given to human by god. allthese words are used by people all over the world to express their feelings. tamil is the basic language from where all other languages evolved even sanskrit
Chaste Hindu

Kolkata, India

#1652 Nov 18, 2013
jacob tirunelveli wrote:
and also in ramayana it is mentioned when rama went to lanka to free sita ,in that versus kapata city is mentioned. kapatapuram city was the capital of the pandian kings during the second tamil sangam which was submerged in the sea. so if we calculate the period of ramayana when it happened we can calculate the period of second tamil sangam. and if we calculate the period of manu in matsya purana we can calculate the period of the first tamil sangam that took place before the flood. so even though the brahmins destroyed the first veda and the tamil literatures along with it. the veda itself says about the kumari kandam. tharmathin vaalvu thannai soothu kavvum tharman meendum vellum this is a saying of lord krishna. so you brahmins have no way of hidding the truth and please stop speaking lies anymore and learn tamil. which is the language of god. tamil words were given to man by god. if you go through tamil language you will find the truth. a=sivan,aa=cow,soul,curtousy,e =half,ee=lend,vu=sivan,astouni sh,voo=food,meat,yea=arrow,hig hness,i=beauty,o=boat,av=earth ,kaa=gaurd,forest,ku=tumbler,k oo=earth,kai=hand,ko=king,god, kav=evil doing,saa=death,chee=lowerthin gs,su=red,fire,goodness,se=mor ning,cho=big wall of kongs court,gna=patience,tie,thaa=as king,thee=fire,danger,thu=eat, thoo=cleanliness,white,they=sw eat,god,thai=stitch,naa=tongue ,ni=more,like,noo=elephant,arn aments,ney=love,nai=sorrow,pit y,no=pain,now=wooden box,paa=song,poo=flower,pey=fe ar,pai=bag,po=go,ma=moon,maa=b ig,huge,mee=up,over the,top,moo=elderness,mey=top, mai=darkness,mo=fight,yaa=no,v aa=come,vi=sky,knowledge,vee=f lower,end,vey=neem,spy,vai=kee p,sharpness,
there are more one letter words in tamil which are the basics of the language. these words are given to human by god. allthese words are used by people all over the world to express their feelings. tamil is the basic language from where all other languages evolved even sanskrit
You said there is the mentioning of tamil language in the purana but you couldn't give any reference. Yes, I know the matsya event and the king manu. But just because he was from the south that doesn't mean he used to speak tamil or you tamils are his descendants. I'm from the north-east, pragjyotisha, the kingdom of 'narakasura'. Does that mean I'm a asura and descendant of narakasura? No!

Also, I don't know if I'm correct but I've heard that its meantioned in the vedas that "The Godmen gave the Earthmen the vedas" written in sanskrit.

And why would the brahmans destroy the vedas when all the sacred texts had been written by the brahmans themselves? Also, I'm not a brahman.

Without any evidence and written texts you cannot prove that tamil is the oldest language. While archaeologists from all over the world have found sanskrit literature and scripts dating tens of thousands of years old. And so they have reputed Sanskrit as "The Mother of ALL Languages"!
Full On

India

#1653 Nov 18, 2013
jacob tirunelveli wrote:
<quoted text>
in matsya purana it says the manu the south indian king escaped from flood and his boat landed in the malaya hills. from there he started his new life.
in bhavisya purana it says that the vedas where lost in the flood. and it was rewritten and then also evil people destroyed it and after that only it was written in pure sanskrit.
and in puranas the rivers of bharatham were mentioned and the river kumari is also mentioned in the south. kumari was the river which flowed through the kumari kandam.
so, the vedas and puranas are also one of the living literature proof for the kumari kandam.
Those evil people who started destroying the vedas were Tamils.
Full On

India

#1654 Nov 18, 2013
Tamilan wrote:
Those who wanna blame LTTE and My Leader Prabhakaran, I would Rather Say You Guys Dont The Difference Between a Terrorist And A Freedom Fighter, Dont Give a Damm About Rajiv Gandhi, He got What He Deserved, Why D fuck did Rajiv Gandhi send in d Indian Army ?? Was it To Rape Innocent Tamil Womens?? Why Didnt Any Other Senior of Congress Didnt Come To The Trichy Meeting ? When The Prime Minister Of The Nation Was On Trichy ?? So The Congress Knows Abt the Assaination !!?? Why Didnt Rajiv Gandhi Visit Netaji Daughter When She Came To India ??
U Aryans Are Only Concerned About Ditching Tamilans, as if Rajiv Gandhi Was a saviour of India !!
Indian Army was sent to counter unrest in neighbouring country as their is a pact between two countries for mutual military help when required. If prabhakaran was a freedom fighter why are you so much worried? are u a lankan? Lankan Tamils are not Indians...are they? when a foreignor comes and kills your PM ..you justify that act....what a stupid Tamil theory. Just because Nepal is a hindu nation...any Hindu can come from nepal and kill my countries PM??? and my countrymen justify the act...that shows how far you guys are away from Indianism or being a part of this country... more than us...u are worried about people living in Lanka.
Full On

India

#1655 Nov 18, 2013
Natarajan wrote:
Nobody can say the age of Tamil, but still we have some proof of 10000 years old of scripts in Tamil.
Tamil is the oldest language of this earth, our ancestors are more intelligent than anyone in the world, all intellectual properties are purposefully destroyed.
LOL :D
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

#1657 Nov 18, 2013
Full On wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian Army was sent to counter unrest in neighbouring country as their is a pact between two countries for mutual military help when required. If prabhakaran was a freedom fighter why are you so much worried? are u a lankan? Lankan Tamils are not Indians...are they? when a foreignor comes and kills your PM ..you justify that act....what a stupid Tamil theory. Just because Nepal is a hindu nation...any Hindu can come from nepal and kill my countries PM??? and my countrymen justify the act...that shows how far you guys are away from Indianism or being a part of this country... more than us...u are worried about people living in Lanka.
Dint our Indian Muslim condemned the ACT of US who attacked Afganistan and Iraq? and you know that for what purpose was the India pakistan War on 1971? Then why should'nt we fight for our Blood relations who are affected in Lanka. Our contribution to India and the World is unique. you just explore the history.
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1658 Nov 18, 2013
Chaste Hindu wrote:
<quoted text>
You said there is the mentioning of tamil language in the purana but you couldn't give any reference. Yes, I know the matsya event and the king manu. But just because he was from the south that doesn't mean he used to speak tamil or you tamils are his descendants. I'm from the north-east, pragjyotisha, the kingdom of 'narakasura'. Does that mean I'm a asura and descendant of narakasura? No!
Also, I don't know if I'm correct but I've heard that its meantioned in the vedas that "The Godmen gave the Earthmen the vedas" written in sanskrit.
And why would the brahmans destroy the vedas when all the sacred texts had been written by the brahmans themselves? Also, I'm not a brahman.
Without any evidence and written texts you cannot prove that tamil is the oldest language. While archaeologists from all over the world have found sanskrit literature and scripts dating tens of thousands of years old. And so they have reputed Sanskrit as "The Mother of ALL Languages"!
dear fool the vedas were written in tamil by the manu.thats why the brahmans destroyed it and rewrote it in sanskrit. and about your narakaasura gene i dont know but what the whole world know is south india was the land of tamils. and that even south of malaya is pure tamils.
who said we dont have written proof. we have tholkaapiyam that was written in second tamil sangam dated 5500 bc, agathyam was destroyed in the flood that was written before 9000 bc.

and who said archeologist found sanskrit scripts all over the world, you dont have scripts even in india before 350 bc. 65% of scripts found in india are in tamil.

another proof for vedas written by tamils is the agathya samgithai in veda which was written by agathyar. and in veda chapter 1-165-192 written by agathyar only. how did they came in vedas. all vedas were in tamil it was translated to sanskrit and the original vedas were destroyed as it is said in the vedas itself.
Kandiyar

Bangalore, India

#1659 Nov 18, 2013
Peace wrote:
Brother Jacob..the texts mentioned in Kankam was written by who? The person Who writes anything is restricted to what he has seen and specially when it is such a late period in history. And FYI Lord Mahavira and Lord Sidharth came from a Hindu Family. If u say Aryans wrote their own History then what is the proof that the texts written in cankam period are valid and true !
I can prove.

The very first 'ma' word is literally has 'great' as meaning in tamil.
'maha' is sanskritised word of the tamil word 'ma'(refer mango english word ma + kaai/gaai = maangaai/maankaai literally means ripe mango on the other hand maa+pazham(pazham generally means fruit)so it is called as great fruit maambazham).

'Mahavira' is 'maaveeran' means the great brave heart. mahavira is 24th theerthangarar of jainism.budhism and jainism comes from 'samanam'.samanam is the oldest religion of all.
Theerthangarar = theervu+thandha+karar literally means solution given hands.siddha(master of all arts,still tamil medical treatment or method been called as 'siddha') means saint in tamil where people followed 'aaseevagam' as their life principle,so from the principles of 'aaseevagam' samanam religion came. so both the siddhartha and mahavira doesn't belongs to hinduism,in fact there is no religion/term called hinduism on their time.
Kandiyar

Bangalore, India

#1660 Nov 18, 2013
Full On wrote:
<quoted text>
My half of the family serves in defence forces. I am aware of the Indian strategy and the cinese and paki strategy against India. Just talking and countering will not help India in any ways. Sitting at your home and talking stupidity is a tamil trait. U destroy Beijing and their missiles will do Nothing? Lankan Tamils are not Indians...I am surprised that ppeople from tamilNadu suport Lankans(Lankan Tamils) just because they are Tamils and not Indians is total bull shit. Tamils attacked Ram in early age, Indian PM in modern age. Tamils have been always the biggest threat to country's integrity.
You bullshit what do u know about defense strategy??Tamils attacked ram? who is ram???? ramayana is just a story.
tamils support tamils we are same race.like bengalis supported bengalis at the time of riots and genocide in east pakistan(bangladesh).read history and comment
Kandiyar

Bangalore, India

#1661 Nov 18, 2013
Chaste Hindu wrote:
<quoted text>
You want evidence right. "Indus civilization" belongs to tamils not to sanskrit people,"poompugar civilization" another one is under research which is much older than the so called dwaraka mystery.go and refer to archeological guidance or websites.
Chaste Hindu

Chapra, India

#1662 Nov 18, 2013
Yes, Hind belongs to tamil, manu was a tamil, ravana was a tamil, Lord Ram was tamil, Ram Setu is tamil, Hind mahasagar is tamil, lanka is tamil, vedas are tamil vedas, Lord Brahama is tamil, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva is tamil, dinosaurs were tamil, planet earth is tamil, Veda Vyas was tamil, temples are tamil, civilization is tamil, osama is tamil, iit sector is tamil sector, galaxy is tamil galaxy, we are in tamil way galaxy, everything is tamil.. tamil tamil everywhere tamil. All tamil all tamil, aai aai yo..

Now Ramayan is a story. Fu,ck you tamils. If you don't have any respect for our heritage then fu,ck off from our land its of the Hindus not some tamils who came into existence just a few centuries back. How old is the word tamil? Give reference and prove it. When was this word used for the first time?
Tamilan

Cardiff, UK

#1663 Nov 18, 2013
Full On wrote:
<quoted text>
What The ____ Did Rest Of The Congress Men do when the so called great PM was of the nation came to trichy ?? why did none of congress biggies get hit when the PM came all d way to trichy ?? so internally congress knows d assaination isnt it ?? Rajiv Deserved What he did to srilankan tamil women, and why should i consider myself as d part of a nation which is never worried about me and my people ?? tamil fishermen are repeatedly attacked by ceylon navy, the government is not cared about it, who is indra gandhi to give kacha theevu to ceylon?? saying we want peace, so y didnt she give kashmir to pakistan to stabalize peace ?? is there nothing to sell to private sector in the country than neyveli lignite corporations share ?? y do they wanna feed us to radation in kudankulam, by installing some outdated machine from russia ?? and moreover u north indians do u respect us and our emotion ?? when we were raising our voice for the gory murders of srilankan tamils, what did you guys do ?? when the people of my origin was mercilessly murdereded in ceylon u had no worries, u are still insulting us as a madrasi.. s im a madrasi.. not an indian. fuck the nation.. for me prabhakaran is the selfless leader who gave his everything for his people, i dont care about what u so called indians think about a madrasi..
n im a proud madrasi... not a saala north indian.
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1664 Nov 18, 2013
Chaste Hindu wrote:
Yes, Hind belongs to tamil, manu was a tamil, ravana was a tamil, Lord Ram was tamil, Ram Setu is tamil, Hind mahasagar is tamil, lanka is tamil, vedas are tamil vedas, Lord Brahama is tamil, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva is tamil, dinosaurs were tamil, planet earth is tamil, Veda Vyas was tamil, temples are tamil, civilization is tamil, osama is tamil, iit sector is tamil sector, galaxy is tamil galaxy, we are in tamil way galaxy, everything is tamil.. tamil tamil everywhere tamil. All tamil all tamil, aai aai yo..
Now Ramayan is a story. Fu,ck you tamils. If you don't have any respect for our heritage then fu,ck off from our land its of the Hindus not some tamils who came into existence just a few centuries back. How old is the word tamil? Give reference and prove it. When was this word used for the first time?
as i told you agathyars scripts are there in vedas and vedas are the translated from tamil. i give you the birth of tamil as you asked. we have the siddha books and scripts(palm leaf scripts). we have the book about the origin of agathyar. it is also a tamil veda. in that book it is said that when god siva tried to create himalayas the ocean plates hit the indian plates instead of raising the himalayas this raised the southern land so,siva sent agathyar who was with lord siva in kailash to balance the southern plate and bring it back to normal. when agathyar started to leave to the earth he saw a bundle of palm leaf script which gave beautiful smell. he asked siva what is that. siva answered him "this is tamil the language of the heaven." and siva gave that script to agathyar and tought him tamil. and asked him to teach tamil to the humans. then agathyar came to the world stood at the south of india. so the ocean plates went down and himalayas raised. so according to tamil veda the origin of tamil is infinite. it was given by god siva to agathyar. tamil came to south india before the himalayas was created in the north. now you can calculate the age of tamil.
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1665 Nov 18, 2013
dear chaste hindu,

iam not trying to hurt your feelings , as you said you from the gene of naragasura i believe you are not a brahmin. by birth iam a christian, but reading all bible as well as vedas i decided to stand apart from religion. if you read bible and vedas simultanously you will not find any defference in both . all religous books say the same thing about god. the stories of past are the same only the names of the places were altered. because everthing was translated from tamil veda. the jews were none other than who lived in afghanistan along with the indus people. it is clearly mentioned in bible. the drought that dried up the saraswati river is also mentioned in bible. so, no doubt in tamil reaching them in early days.still we have tamil people in afghanistan and pakistan. what all vedas are trying to say is after this kali yuga there will be no religion as it was before the brahmins arrived in south india. tamils had no religion but they worshipped god siva only. the only extra message that the bible has is the definition of the devil. it is 666. in tamil we call brahmins as andanan. the letters in tamil and english are same so it is easy for me to explain.'a' is 6 in tamil. so 'a'nd'a'n'a'n. just see by your eyes . the fight between rama and ravana is also in bible but in other names. in tamil vedas and sinhala scripts it is said that rama destroyed the body of ravana,but the soul of ravana is immortal so,agathyar tought rama the mandiram to tie the soul of ravana. by the help of the manthiram rama tied the soul of ravana and arrested it in hell. according to bible at the end of kali yuga the ravana's soul will be released from hell and it will make its gene people to attack innocent people and kill them. there are hardly few years to complete the kali yuga. no doubt why the north indian brahmins supported the srilankans.
Chaste Hindu

India

#1666 Nov 19, 2013
It really is not easy to believe all of the scripts. Everyone translated the vedas into their own language an made their own version of events in them including the puranas. So which is the first one? Of course the tamils will say theirs is the first, but the other vedas written in sanskrit say, sanskrit is the oldest. Yes, tamil is one of the oldest language known, I do believe. But the oldest scriptures found by archaeologists are written in sankrit. So for now I'll stick to sanskrit. If a script older than the present ones are excavated written in tamil then I'll say Tamil is the oldest. That will be fair.. Also recently sanskrit scripts were excavated from a south indian temple dating 7700 BCE. That would be over 9700 years old. You'll find the reference on the internet.
jacob tirunelveli

Kolkata, India

#1667 Nov 19, 2013
Chaste Hindu wrote:
It really is not easy to believe all of the scripts. Everyone translated the vedas into their own language an made their own version of events in them including the puranas. So which is the first one? Of course the tamils will say theirs is the first, but the other vedas written in sanskrit say, sanskrit is the oldest. Yes, tamil is one of the oldest language known, I do believe. But the oldest scriptures found by archaeologists are written in sankrit. So for now I'll stick to sanskrit. If a script older than the present ones are excavated written in tamil then I'll say Tamil is the oldest. That will be fair.. Also recently sanskrit scripts were excavated from a south indian temple dating 7700 BCE. That would be over 9700 years old. You'll find the reference on the internet.
dear please mention where we can find the sanskrit inscriptions that are dating before 350 bc. i dont know whether you are cheating or just blughing. the known script of sanskrit in india is 350bc only.
shameem ahmad mughal

Mumbai, India

#1668 Nov 19, 2013
There is controversy between Sanskrit and Tamil language as far as knowledge is concerns Sanskrit is the oldest language in the india and Tamil was evolved after Sanskrit
Thamizh

Irvine, CA

#1670 Nov 19, 2013
Ignorance is name of all of you. Killing anything is not acceptable.
Any of you studied Linguistics? if not go study and you will find Tamil rendered it's grammatical structure to perfect sanskrit. Sanskrit means perfected. I am neither Tamil nor north Indian, I am red meat American but vegetarian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Spider1954 63,198
I'm so wet right now and want to talk dirty wit... (Jun '13) 10 min Marcen18064742 64
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 55 min Eduardo 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,529
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,358
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 653,560
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 2,562
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 106,460
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web