Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Shruti

Bangalore, India

#1589 Oct 15, 2013
santhosh wrote:
sanskrit is the mantra that is not language now days nobody can speak sanskrit only use for prayers in temple.
Sanskrit might be dead in India but not in world. Nasa is using it if not Indians but people from west are learning and using it.So might be one day come instead of jave people will use sanskrit so at that time people might learn. If dont belive check NASA sight.
tamilan

Klang, Malaysia

#1590 Oct 17, 2013
tamil is 30000 years old, the prove is kumari kandam,sanskrit is just 2000 years old....kumari kandam is a sunken land sanskrit is is for hindu religion..tamil is for tamil religion ....mahabarata is just a fake stories and ramayana too..aryan bring their religion and connect the tamil religion to form hinduism...there are only 1 god in the world and how can 300 gods for hindus..tamil people origin god is siva lingam...hindus is vishnu siva brahma and more..
arun

Chennai, India

#1591 Oct 18, 2013
do u know that Tamil is the very oldest living language of india.it is proved by our literature.go and search tholkappiyam and their written periods.then u all will know that Tamil is the oldest living language.even govn of India has announced that Tamil is the first language spoken in India.so sanscrit is not the oldest language.
Raccheal

Chennai, India

#1592 Oct 19, 2013
Many scientist proved Tamil is oldest Lagrange because கு&#29 90;ரி& #2965;்க ண்&#29 75;ம், Kumarikkaṇ&#7789 ;am; 30,000 BC – 16,000 BC where Tamil people lived now sunk in sea . Kumarikkaṇ&#7789 ;am was joined with two countries which was Africa and Australia even Aryans who found Sanskrit entered India through Khyber pass in 1500 BC before that Tamil people lived in India now Tamil people are scattered all over the world now they have no voice to prove it and Tamil spoken by Eelam Tamil people is the pure Tamil. Tamil spoken by Indians are merged with Sanskrit words already Tamil people have lots of problem do' hurt them by rubbish word if u don't agree Tamil is not oldest Lagrange its OK .
Raagul Nagarajan

Noida, India

#1593 Oct 19, 2013
MURALI DHARAN wrote:
TAMIL IS THE OLDEST LIVING LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD. ALL NORTH INDIANS SUPPORTING SANSKRIT SUCK.
Dear Murali,

I can empathize with you saying Tamil is the oldest language, which also reflects my belief, but please refrain from separating North and South India, which is such an immature and child-like behavior. We are just "Indians". And everyone has the right for believing in their version of truth. In case, you cannot respect it, atleast don't try to trample on it. Thank you.
Tamil Selvi

Bikaner, India

#1594 Oct 19, 2013
Tamil sound like an old language. Look its limitations and limited script and sounds. That itself shows that it has primitive origin. On the other hand Sanskrit is very systematic and scientifically structured. Too structured to have been naturally evolved. Sanskrit was made too systematic by Brahmins only to make it available to bright minds. Average people cannot learn Sanskrit. As a result it failed to become the language of masses. Today we have such great movies in Tamil and great songs. I love Vijay. In Sanskrit, there are no movies as average people cannot understand it. I wish to learn Sanskrit. I know I am smart.
Arohana

Chennai, India

#1595 Oct 19, 2013
SANDY wrote:
TAMIL IS THE OLDEST LANGUAGE CHECK OUT LEMURIA CONTINENT OR KUMARI KANDAM
In Tamil national mysticism
In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Tamil nationalists came to identify Kumari Kandam with Lemuria, a hypothetical "lost continent" posited in the 19th century to account for discontinuities in biogeography. In these accounts, Kumari Kandam became the "cradle of civilization", the origin of human languages in general and the Tamil language in particular. These ideas gained notability in Tamil academic literature over the first decades of the 20th century, and were popularized by the Tanittamil Iyakkam, notably by self-taught Dravidologist Devaneya Pavanar, who held that all languages on earth were merely corrupted Tamil dialects.
R. Mathivanan, then Chief Editor of the Tamil Etymological Dictionary Project of the Government of Tamil Nadu, in 1991 claimed to have deciphered the still undeciphered Indus script as Tamil, following the methodology recommended by his teacher Devaneya Pavanar, presenting the following timeline (cited after Mahadevan 2002):
ca. 200,000 to 50,000 BC: evolution of "the Tamilian or Homo Dravida",
ca. 200,000 to 100,000 BC: beginnings of the Tamil language
50,000 BC: Kumari Kandam civilisation
20,000 BC: A lost Tamil culture of the Easter Island which had an advanced civilisation
16,000 BC: Lemuria submerged
6087 BC: Second Tamil Sangam established by a Pandya king
3031 BC: A Chera prince in his wanderings in the Solomon Island saw wild sugarcane and started cultivation in Kumari Kandam.
1780 BC: The Third Tamil Sangam established by a Pandya king
7th century BC: Tolkappiyam (the earliest known extant Tamil grammar)
Mathivanan uses "Aryan Invasion" rhetoric to account for the fall of this civilization:
"After imbibing the mania of the Aryan culture of destroying the enemy and their habitats, the Dravidians developed a new avenging and destructive war approach. This induced them to ruin the forts and cities of their own brethren out of enmity".
Mathivanan claims his interpretation of history is validated by the discovery of the "Jaffna seal", a seal bearing a Tamil-Brahmi inscription assigned by its excavators to the 3rd century BC (but claimed by Mathivanan to date to 1600 BC).
Dear Sandy,
Can you tell me where i can refer this interesting piece of Tamil history...
dhanasekar

Chennai, India

#1596 Oct 20, 2013
Dear sonu'G' why you are drawing a line between north and south. Please understand we are Indians. If you are educated person please go by 'History'. There's no sanskrit before 1500BC as the aryans came to india from the west approximately from germany via kyber and bolan passes. But dravidian and indian language tamil remains here for laks and laks of years.
Sonu singh wrote:
Sanskrit meaning "a culturly fullfill place"
i don't know why tamil people not digest sanskrit language as oldest language.
north people respected the all culture & all world & indian language .
"espessilly utter pradesh"
Sanskrit is not just a language. it is a language. which given alot thing to world
once time in india only sanskrit language spoken by all indian
because that time any language was not born yet.
Marathi Manus

Ashburn, VA

#1597 Oct 21, 2013
Friends now u plz dont fight on Language issue. And dont say north or South Indian.. Just say we r INDIAN.. JAY HIND
change 2013

Bangalore, India

#1598 Oct 21, 2013
dhanasekar wrote:
Dear sonu'G' why you are drawing a line between north and south. Please understand we are Indians. If you are educated person please go by 'History'. There's no sanskrit before 1500BC as the aryans came to india from the west approximately from germany via kyber and bolan passes. But dravidian and indian language tamil remains here for laks and laks of years.
<quoted text>
For Your Information, you get updated with current research and findings. Aryan invasion theory is discarded. Scientists have done a study on Indian gene pool. Where it has been proved that there was no foreign gene mixed. It was all created in 19th century. Please read the post earlier in last page by shruti.or else research on it.
Bittu

New York, NY

#1599 Oct 22, 2013
From my point of view and based on my research Tamil is not at a tall is language of india it comes from Srilankan .there is no question about oldest language in india it is oviously Vedic Sanskrit from there it has converted to Hindi.
Vinay

New York, NY

#1600 Oct 22, 2013
Dear dhanasekar if u wanted to know about reality then refer to Ved and also the Shankaracharya has already said that only sanskrit is a historical Indo-Aryan language, the primary liturgical language of Hinduism and a literary and scholarly language in Buddhism and Jainism. Developing from Vedic Sanskrit.
Marathi Manus

Ashburn, VA

#1601 Oct 22, 2013
Sanskrit is the oldest langauage in india many languages borns from sanskrit and many words refferred from Sanskrit to other foreign languages, if u said about Tamil then Tamil is just remain in Tamil Nadu..
Pramoth

Brighton, UK

#1602 Oct 26, 2013
to all those people arguing above, let me to say something..there is something which is genetically proven that the first man to enter india belongs to tamil and is said to be 70000 years ago..then assume which is older..still if you say sanskrit is older, then it is older...but the fact is that history of tamil was rewritten. as someone said about kumari kandam, it is ofcourse true.
Pramoth

Brighton, UK

#1603 Oct 26, 2013
i am not saying tamil is great, but its just a reply for the one who mentioned above that tamil is not used in majority of the countries. let me to prove one thing. tamil is an official language in more than five countries. could anyone mention any other indian language that has got official status in more than five countries???
gokul

Coimbatore, India

#1604 Oct 26, 2013
enna mozhi pesinallum tamil than da taaimozhi naan tamilan perumai padaran
sabka baap

India

#1605 Oct 28, 2013
Pramoth wrote:
i am not saying tamil is great, but its just a reply for the one who mentioned above that tamil is not used in majority of the countries. let me to prove one thing. tamil is an official language in more than five countries. could anyone mention any other indian language that has got official status in more than five countries???
English is an official Language in more than 20 countries...English is great and is awesome !
Full On

India

#1606 Oct 28, 2013
Pramoth wrote:
to all those people arguing above, let me to say something..there is something which is genetically proven that the first man to enter india belongs to tamil and is said to be 70000 years ago..then assume which is older..still if you say sanskrit is older, then it is older...but the fact is that history of tamil was rewritten. as someone said about kumari kandam, it is ofcourse true.
Not to be surprised...In one survey they found out that Dinosaurs spoke Tamil.
Full On

India

#1607 Oct 28, 2013
Tamil is oldest Language of Sri Lanka..Not India !

womeniser Raavan used to speak tamil.
Bharathi

Ashburn, VA

#1608 Oct 30, 2013
Tamil is the world oldest language.the first human language is born in "kumari kandam"that is fully submerged.that language is tamil.the theories that go by existence of tamilkandam is more than that conflict so there are many evidences present about kumari continent.if anyone can't believe this visit graham hencock site.so tamil is the world first human language

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Here For Now 619,795
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Rider on the Storm 31,775
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 687,439
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min doltbuster 987,443
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr ChromiuMan 6,496
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Love Trump 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr SmokinJoe 4,319
More from around the web