Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit Vs Tamil

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments (Page 69)

Showing posts 1,361 - 1,380 of4,077
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bala Tamizhan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1530
Oct 5, 2013
 
Hi shruthi,

When was indian government formed. Its only 60 years history.
Is it Vallabhai patel thought, Like that Any thing can happen.
We are spreaded across worl, working for out tamil nation people.

And also no need to tell about current CM, she is also a north indoa women. so we will get a goo time in our Tamil history to get a separate nation. everything i possible.

Please check Sudan into north and south.
Its recently happened.
you cant separate Tamil nadu into 2 state, But Tamil nadu to a different nation. before few months how our young guys ught for tamil people assassination by India.

It will get shapes to gt a new nation. Dont treat as slaves and helping Srilankan armies by giving war ships to kill our own tamil nation people.
Bala Tamizhan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1531
Oct 5, 2013
 
I agree shruthi that all the incidenta you are mentioning.

But why india lended their army support to Srilanka.

Even if srilanka was left alone, our peoples will wont be dies this much.

Worst India attacked tamil nation people at the back, that we dont know.

And also we are getting waters from karnataka, we are in india so we are requesting water by law.

If we are a separate nation, then karnataka or india has to be in world court to answer that a river passing over multiple nation has to give water as per rule.
Min it.

Then as usual war betwen tamil and india. US requires base in south asia, so surely they will support us. Canada a real nation for humans rejected common wealth, they will support us. All goo countries will support us. If we loss also we are happy in that, as we are courageous people.
Bala Tamizhan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1532
Oct 5, 2013
 
God cant kill particular worst people, so it would happen randomly.
I agree that Tsunami happened to punish us that not fought unitedly to our tamil peoples. In that also worst singalanese were killed.

Tamil peoples also killed in some numbers but the ration is small.

No need to worry about that, I had faith in fate and god, who always design climax properly. Waiting for the good climax to those politicians and peoples who all including me who were silent on watching the cruel assassinations. How the worst singalanese people who did wrong things to tamil womens and childrens in Srilanka
shruti

Kumar, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1533
Oct 5, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
Hi shruthi,
When was indian government formed. Its only 60 years history.
Is it Vallabhai patel thought, Like that Any thing can happen.
We are spreaded across worl, working for out tamil nation people.
And also no need to tell about current CM, she is also a north indoa women. so we will get a goo time in our Tamil history to get a separate nation. everything i possible.
Please check Sudan into north and south.
Its recently happened.
you cant separate Tamil nadu into 2 state, But Tamil nadu to a different nation. before few months how our young guys ught for tamil people assassination by India.
It will get shapes to gt a new nation. Dont treat as slaves and helping Srilankan armies by giving war ships to kill our own tamil nation people.
You know one thing how many Tamiliana are there in Columbo. In 2008 there were many major blast done by LTTE. And in that market you know how many Tamils were there. So blasts only killed Sinhalese not Tamils or Wat. And one more thing do you support Maoist in our country. Ok now they will also have a reason but doing bomb blasts are not correct things are from both sides. And if you want to be separate country then go ahead get seperated and fight against Srilanka alone. By your comments above that you cherished the people who got killed in flood of uttarakhand innocent kids and all. I don't consider you as a human too or Indian. Because our culture is so strong that we will not think for any human like this. You are not an Indian. Just a Tamilian but all T amils are like you I don't believe. They are humans first then Indians and then Tamils seeing you I will not change my point of for others. Anyways Karunanidhi is Tamil right. He is even worst than Jayalalitha. Comparitively Jayalalitha is far better. And like you entire Tamilnadu doesnot want to be seprate.And please don't depend on Karnataka if you want to be a nation. Find your own resources or just god might bless you with a river seeing that you are Tamils.
Bala Tamizhan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1534
Oct 5, 2013
 
Dont worry shruthi Iam a better human being than all of you.

We led all the peoples to live safely in srilanka.

We were giving water to kerala even we require water. Not like your karnataka farmers will come to street for just not to give waters.

We come to street to get waters. But shame on you peoples in karnataka. Are you peoples are humans?

On one day All the karnataka peoples gathered to protest giving water, Same day heavy rain crushed you people. On these signs also you wont realize in God. Everything thing can happen when you people crush our tamil people.
shruti

Kumar, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1535
Oct 5, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
God cant kill particular worst people, so it would happen randomly.
I agree that Tsunami happened to punish us that not fought unitedly to our tamil peoples. In that also worst singalanese were killed.
Tamil peoples also killed in some numbers but the ration is small.
No need to worry about that, I had faith in fate and god, who always design climax properly. Waiting for the good climax to those politicians and peoples who all including me who were silent on watching the cruel assassinations. How the worst singalanese people who did wrong things to tamil womens and childrens in Srilanka
Please ask god to send a river to Tamilnadu. Telling you anything is waste. If scroll up near Topix bar local Pakistan is written It is their created things to make us fight. So mind Wat you say publicaly why asking US to support ask Pakistan or Bangladesh they will support. It is very sad to come across somebody like you. Defaming entire Tamils. What is the difference between Sinhalese who killed Tamils. They were also happy when innocent people were killed and you are also happy when innocent people got killed. When kids lost their parents and people lost families because they were North Indians and Sinhalese because they were Tamil. Do you think that those kids or people killed Tamils. How immature you are! Even politicians now also they are not doing anything good for country but for that common man is not answerable. You don't have that much sense even to analyze. If Rajive Gandhi sent army to Srilanka do you think common man is behind that? Please make a separate country for yourself . If possible watch your thoughts.
shruti

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1536
Oct 5, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
Dont worry shruthi Iam a better human being than all of you.
We led all the peoples to live safely in srilanka.
We were giving water to kerala even we require water. Not like your karnataka farmers will come to street for just not to give waters.
We come to street to get waters. But shame on you peoples in karnataka. Are you peoples are humans?
On one day All the karnataka peoples gathered to protest giving water, Same day heavy rain crushed you people. On these signs also you wont realize in God. Everything thing can happen when you people crush our tamil people.
Yes the worst people you mentioned were those little kids who lost their lives and who did not even know anything. So shameful. Your words are insult to humanity. Please I am no more interested in people like you. And kerla doesn't depend on your water that is when kanyakumari you people took then Palakkad came to us in treaty.In Kerala we get ground water. And also till now have survived on water given by Karnataka ok.
shruti

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1537
Oct 5, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
Dont worry shruthi Iam a better human being than all of you.
We led all the peoples to live safely in srilanka.
We were giving water to kerala even we require water. Not like your karnataka farmers will come to street for just not to give waters.
We come to street to get waters. But shame on you peoples in karnataka. Are you peoples are humans?
On one day All the karnataka peoples gathered to protest giving water, Same day heavy rain crushed you people. On these signs also you wont realize in God. Everything thing can happen when you people crush our tamil people.
Don't call yourself human. And Defame entire Tamils. I have many Tamil friends and they are not like you. Only for you make a separate Nation. Because reading things Tamils will also would not like you to be with them.
shruti

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1538
Oct 5, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
Hi shruthi,
When was indian government formed. Its only 60 years history.
Is it Vallabhai patel thought, Like that Any thing can happen.
We are spreaded across worl, working for out tamil nation people.
And also no need to tell about current CM, she is also a north indoa women. so we will get a goo time in our Tamil history to get a separate nation. everything i possible.
Please check Sudan into north and south.
Its recently happened.
you cant separate Tamil nadu into 2 state, But Tamil nadu to a different nation. before few months how our young guys ught for tamil people assassination by India.
It will get shapes to gt a new nation. Dont treat as slaves and helping Srilankan armies by giving war ships to kill our own tamil nation people.
If Rajiv Gandhi sent forces then it was his mistake not common man was responsible for and also in very next elections he was thrown of and then when he was busy in doing election campaign he was killed. Ok even if you now also many politicians are doing wrong things. So many scams are there so Wat can a common man do. They are the biggest terrorists. If you see karunanidhi he is a equal terrorist he wasted such a prime area atleast Jayalalitha converted it to hospital.
Bala Tamizhan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1539
Oct 6, 2013
 
Hi shruti,

you dont have rights to talk about our tamil people. Stop commenting about our people and me. I know how Iam a human. Try to be a good human.

Even you know how to share a river if it flows over many countries and states.

It has to be shared. But you sin people using for yourselves, and only open dams when floods coming, at that time our farmers will suffer a lot and many killed during floods.

At that flood time also try o build a canal and send water to sea.

if one door closed another door will open. Same way our tamil people will find and another source. Really the water sin will crush you all the peoples in north and karnataka.
shruti

Suri, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1540
Oct 6, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
Hi shruti,
you dont have rights to talk about our tamil people. Stop commenting about our people and me. I know how Iam a human. Try to be a good human.
Even you know how to share a river if it flows over many countries and states.
It has to be shared. But you sin people using for yourselves, and only open dams when floods coming, at that time our farmers will suffer a lot and many killed during floods.
At that flood time also try o build a canal and send water to sea.
if one door closed another door will open. Same way our tamil people will find and another source. Really the water sin will crush you all the peoples in north and karnataka.
I have not said anything bad about Tamils. It is you who are saying bad. The country which you are cribbing in that country court only justified that water should be shared alright. As per you the innocent people who died in natural calamity is a result of Tamils died in Srilanka then. Then the Tamils who died in Srilanka also faced it due to some sin done by them. It is your logic. So I am giving back to you. For you only blood of your community is blood and others are water. I said if you want to be a seperate nation then don't depend on India for water.Who are you to tell me to not to write about Tamils they are my country people. Just because people like you are there then it doesn't mean everybody is like you. Don't call yourself a human because you are not. You know these kind of problems are there in this world because people like you are there. Why to blame srinlankans they were also doing same like you favouring their community people. If I say Tamils were responsible for the killing of Jews done by Hitler because they sat and watched it so they deserve this so does it make sense. No right so innocent people who got killed in Uttarkhand are not responsible for it and they are not worst people as per your comment. And I will reply to your post because if people like you are not corrected then you will pollute entire community like your heart.
Bala Tamizhan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1541
Oct 6, 2013
 
Hi

did you understand what Iam saying, please check laws. when a river lowing through other states or other country it has to be shared, even pakistan sharing water, india sharing water wit China. So if we are separate nation also you will be under pressure to give. even china decided to change the route of brahmaputra, but they dropped because of pressure that a water goes to different countries should not be touched like that.

Have you got it now.

dont touch on my humanity. If Iam a kannadan I will give water. Because water is most for those who are dying than who requires water for bathing.

Have you got it.

Ok tell me whether id you compromise that kannadan not giving water is correct or not.

then only there is meaning to chat with you.

If you are also one among with that foolish people. then sorry I will disconnect chat.

Because you will tell stopping water and prayer for rain water or Tamil people also a humanism. Then who is scolding the people who are doing wrong things is not a humanism.

We met war with pakistan and china.
No body will tell that Vajpayee done war with mushraff, Only india Vs pakistan.

Same way if any of your worst peoples comes to streets ato block water, then whole kannadan is worst people.

Try to educate them to share water.

Previously our older lady king laid war on Bangalore to get water.

thi could happen again.

Since: Aug 13

Suri, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1542
Oct 6, 2013
 
shruti wrote:
Ok meenatchai was a lady who was princess so madhur meenakshi temple is actually meenatchai temple. One more thing if kumaran is Tamil word then why it is used in Sanskrit a lot like rajkumaran meaning prince in Sanskrit but in Tamil prince is not called the same. According to Skanda purana (purana on karthikeyan) he got name karthikeya because he was born to kritika.
And om saravanay namah sholoka for karthikeya itself is Sanskrit. The word murugan is from shanmugan mugam became murugan.
dear shruti, i have already mentioned in my previous comments that sanskrit is a modified tamil form so there is nothing wrong if sanskrit have tamil names...rajakumaran can be written as rasakumaran in kodunthamil(spoken or modified tamil)and arasakumaran in pure tamil...sa will convert to ja in sanskrit...sanskrit doesnt use tamil's soul letter in beginning when it is modified so actually the sanskrit letters starting with a,aah,e,eeh,u,uuh,ae,aaeh,ai,o h,ooh,ouh as we think are all tamil words even Aariyan(arya) also tamil word ariyan means ayyappan or ayyanaar as per soodamani nikandu eg. uruthiran->rudra,ari->ha ri,aran->haran,irudayam- >hrudaya...murugan born from krittika or sivan's third eye?...as far as i know kiruthikai is type of a viratham dedicated for murugan...six fire sparks emitted(kandhu-emission,kandha n->skandha) from sivan's third eye dropped in saravanapoigai transformed to six childs brought up by karthigai girls so the name karthikeyan(kar+thee+keyan-the one who removes black or dark and gives the light)...karthigai->kruttik a(soul letter ah removed in ka leaving just "ik") just like karuthanan->krushnan...aaru mugan becomes shanmukha..mugam->mukha...m urugan named from "muruguthal" means young,valour,beauty...usually murugan refers to the pose when he use a peacock mount and rooster flag...peacock denotes beauty and rooster denotes valour(rooster most courageous in birds and peacock most beautiful bird)...interestingly vaelar in tamil also denotes murugan...murugan's chanting nama is six letter word like his six face "sa ra va na ba va"...

Since: Aug 13

Suri, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1543
Oct 6, 2013
 
Bala Tamizhan wrote:
I will agree you can kill pabakaran, But how dare showing racism in killing 150000 tamil peoples. Surely God will kill the peoples who supported to kill Srilankan tamils. I think this is what happened in Kedarnath killing more than 3000 peoples. God will soon tally it.
Prabakaran born in a hardcore hindu saivite family...since he named his first charles antony(named after late ltte field marshall) he is seen as a christian leader...but in reality his another son's name is balachandran(krishna) and his daughter's name is dwaraka...prabhakaran is a big devotee of krishna and had belief in bhagavad gita...but everything went against him...dravidian parties imposed aryan-dravidian theory in srilankan issue also separated srilankan tamils and indians...but prabhakaran doesnt hate india and the chinese come to srilanka only after prabhakaran died...nobody can save india from china since chinese well placed in srilanka and their first target will be kudankulam and it would never happened if prabhakaran is there...prabakaran very much inspired by the activities of nethaji...he never seen nethaji as an aryan but indian...many tamils beleive as if though nethaji reincarnated as prabhakaran since his activities similar to nethaji...when rajiv gandhi was murdered many congress leaders,mlas,mps,ministers,off icers were not with him because the plan to kill him was well known among them but rajiv dont know...4 days before the sriperumbudur bomb blast rajiv gandhi warned usa's intervention in kuwait...but these matters doesnt taken into account in rajiv gandhi murder case...cia,kashmir jihadis,sonia gandhi,subramania swamy,karunanithi are all to be accused but at the end everything pointed prabhakaran...prabhakaran in one of his interview denied his part in rajiv's death and his face went sad when asked about rajiv's death...a picture showing many sinhala soldiers beating rajiv in colombo airport is available show sinhalese's brutal face but facist sonia gandhi never seen him as a husband joint hands with sinhala who beaten rajiv gandhi killed srlankan tamils to hide her deadliest face...
Shruthi

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1544
Oct 6, 2013
 
Thrivikraman wrote:
<quoted text>
dear shruti, i have already mentioned in my previous comments that sanskrit is a modified tamil form so there is nothing wrong if sanskrit have tamil names...rajakumaran can be written as rasakumaran in kodunthamil(spoken or modified tamil)and arasakumaran in pure tamil...sa will convert to ja in sanskrit...sanskrit doesnt use tamil's soul letter in beginning when it is modified so actually the sanskrit letters starting with a,aah,e,eeh,u,uuh,ae,aaeh,ai,o h,ooh,ouh as we think are all tamil words even Aariyan(arya) also tamil word ariyan means ayyappan or ayyanaar as per soodamani nikandu eg. uruthiran->rudra,ari->ha ri,aran->haran,irudayam- >hrudaya...murugan born from krittika or sivan's third eye?...as far as i know kiruthikai is type of a viratham dedicated for murugan...six fire sparks emitted(kandhu-emission,kandha n->skandha) from sivan's third eye dropped in saravanapoigai transformed to six childs brought up by karthigai girls so the name karthikeyan(kar+thee+keyan-the one who removes black or dark and gives the light)...karthigai->kruttik a(soul letter ah removed in ka leaving just "ik") just like karuthanan->krushnan...aaru mugan becomes shanmukha..mugam->mukha...m urugan named from "muruguthal" means young,valour,beauty...usually murugan refers to the pose when he use a peacock mount and rooster flag...peacock denotes beauty and rooster denotes valour(rooster most courageous in birds and peacock most beautiful bird)...interestingly vaelar in tamil also denotes murugan...murugan's chanting nama is six letter word like his six face "sa ra va na ba va"...
Hey Hi, The things which you are saying can be vise-versa also. The word can be taken from Sanskrit to Tamil. Provide me some evidence just because you have said it why should I blindly go with you. Ayyapan does not mean Arayan. Nowhere in world dictionary you will find Aryan is a Tamil word. You are just bending and twisting at your own convenience without facts. let me teach you tamil. Ayappan does not mean Ariyan. It is a tamil word which means Ayya+ Appa. Ayya means mother in tamil and Appa means Father.So his mother and father are Vishnu and Shiva. Murugan came to an existence with the term Aarmugan became murugan when local people change and as you know pronunciation differs from person to person place to place. So I t can be like that,And One more thing parvathi derived from parvath means Hill in Sanskrit and Parvathi means who lives on hill. In Tamil Hill means Malla. So don't twist bend and make it tamil. Ok Please go through a comparison between Tamil and Sanskrit. Take time and read the next by me to understand the greatness and beauty of both the languages.
Shruthi

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1545
Oct 6, 2013
 
There is a beautiful comparison of both the languages. I am posting this in two parts because of the word limits. Read and find how these both languages complimented each other in ancient times.
The six most ancient languages in the world are Sanskrit, Tamil, Hebrew, Arabic, Greek and Latin. All these six are classical languages as well. Of these six classical languages Tamil and Sanskrit are the two classical languages, which flourished in India since very ancient times.what I would like to call a bird's eye-view of these two languages, to enable you to have a fleeting glimpse of greatness and glory of these two hoary languages which together constitute the pride of India.
Sanskrit,the exact antiquity of Sanskrit cannot be established with any degree of certainty. This is because, we have written records only for the past 5000 years. Therefore, history beyond that period is in the realm of fancy and conjecture. The Rig Veda, the oldest among the Vedas is said to be 10,000 years old, if not older. But, there are no written records to prove this fact. But, the fact remains that Sanskrit was the lingua franca of India for thousands of years.
The four Vedas and the Upanishads, the Brahma-Sutra written by Veda Vyasa, the two epics Ramayana and Mahabharata and the Bhagavad-Gitawhich forms part of the Mahabharata are all in Sanskrit. There are numerous devotional works and hyms in Sanskrit.
Sanskrit literature is one of the richest in the world. The number of standard works in Sanskrit is mind-bogging and runs into several hundreds. In ancient times, some Kings were also erudite scholars. For example, Harshavardhana who ruled a large segment of India between 606 to 647 AD was an erudite Sanskrit scholar and wrote a number of literary works in Sanskrit like Nagananda, Rathavali and Priyadarsika.Sanskrit grew from strength to strength, so long as India was ruled by Hindu Kings. It reached the pinnacle of its glory during the Golden Age of the Guptas. Indeed, the Golden Age of the Guptas was also the Golden Age of Sanskrit. Kalidasa, the tallest literary figure in Sanskrit and author of plays like Meghaduta, Abhijnana-Sakuntalam,Kumara Sambhava, Raghuvamsa etc. lived during this period. It is not only literature but also all forms of art and science had a luxuriant growth and development during the Gupta rule. Varahamihira, an eminent scientist lived during the Gupta age and wrote brilliant works on various faculties like astronomy, geography and botony. His brilliant works include Brihat Samhita and Loghu jataka. A!ya Bha , the great mathematician, laid the foundation of the number system. Zero was invented by him. He was also a great astronomer who wrote Surya Siddanta, in which he proved that the earth revolved round its axis. Many such examples can be cited to prove that it is not only art and literature, but also science and technology made rapid strides during the Golden Age of Guptas. Decimal system was invented during the Gupta period.
Sanskrit is a veritable storehouse of knowledge and there are
standard text-books in it in all faculties or disciplines including science,technology, mathematics, astrology, astronomy, botany, medicine etc. So,it is not as if Sanskrit is literature alone, including devotional literature and nothing else. It is gratifying that the Government of India is doing its level
best to promote the learning of Sanskrit in India, including spoken
Sanskrit. This is a good augury, because Sanskrit and Indian culture and civilisation have been indissolubly bound together, right from antiquity. However, this alone is not enough. Max Mueller translated the Rig Veda and the principal Upanishad into English. There are several English translations of the Bhagavad-Gita.
Shruthi

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1546
Oct 6, 2013
 
I shall now give a brief resume of Tamil literature. If there is any Indian language which is equal to Sanskrit it is Tamil only and not any other Indian language for that matter. Sanskrit is a match for Tamil. Conversely, Tamil is a match for Sanskrit in grandeur and greatness.
It is difficult to say how old Tamil is. But, it is the considered opinion of Dr.M.Varadarajan, an outstanding Tamil scholar that it is 25,000 years old. It has a vast repertoire of classical works. The earliest extant classic in Tamil is, of course, Tolkappiam, which is said to be 5000 years old. But, there are references in Tamil literature about works earlier to Tolkappiam, but these have been irretrievably lost to posterity. Generally speaking Silappadigaram, Chintamani, Manimekalai, Valayapathi and Gundalakesi are considered as five great classics in Tamil literature, of which the last two have been lost to posterity. But, the greatest classic in Tamil literature is undoubtedly Kamba Ramayanam, an epic poem of around 12,000 verses, written in grandiose style. The number of literary works in Tamil is legion. And each literary work has a distinctive flavour of its own. For example, Villibharatam, excels in the use of choice diction and resonant rhymes while Kalingathu Bharani glorifies heroism on the battlefield. There are also several devotional works in Tamil like Devaram, Tiruvachagam, Thiruppavai, Tiruvembavai, Nalayirathu Divya Prabandam, Thiru Arutpa and Thiruppugazh, to mention only a few among them. This is because piety has been the hallmark of Tamils since antinquity.
One of the greatest works in Tamil which is of timeless value is, of course, Tirukkural, containing nuggets of wisdom. There are several commentaries on it, but that by Parimalazhagar is regarded as the best by erudite scholars. Modern students of Tamil literature can make profitable use of the rendition of the Tirukkural into simple prose by Dr.M.Varadarajan, a name to conjure with Tamil literature. His work Kallo Kaviyamo is a masterpiece, which has won wide acclaim.
The renaissance of Tamil language/ literature took place only during the British regime. New forms of writing in Tamil never known before, like skit, modern prose, article, essay, drama, one-act play, short story, novel, satire etc. blossomed only after scholars and writers in Tamil were exposed to English and its literature.
The twentieth century was a watershed in Tamil literature. There were hundreds of writers in Tamil who tried all forms of writing with success as explained earlier. Tamil periodicals like Ananda Vikatan, Kalki, Kumudam, Amuda Surabi and Kalaimagal gave a big boost to the prolific growth of Tamil literature notably novels, which were serialised and published as short stories and essays.
Tamil prose and poetry also underwent a transformation during the 20th century. The trend-setter in modem Tamil prose was T.V.Kalyanasundara Mudaliar, affectionately known as Thiru-vi-ka, while the trend-setter in modem Tamil poetry was Subramania Bharathi. In short, the largest and varied output in Tamil literature came about only in the twentieth century, the Golden Age of Tamil literature.
The British regime also enabled foreign scholars to learn Tamil language and its literature, owing to which the greatness and glory of Tamil literature spread to many foreign countries. For example, Tirukkural was first translated into English by G.U. Pope. Subsequently, there were other translations of Tirukkural. Now, there is a Penguin edition of Tirukkural about which every Tamil can feel proud.
Shruthi

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1547
Oct 6, 2013
 
Till now, I have given you a resume of Sanskrit and Tamil literature. Now, I will dwell on the growth of both Tamil and Sanskrit literature in Tamil Nadu since ancient times.
The ancient Tamils regarded both Tamil and Sanskrit as their two eyes, as some Tamil scholars have stressed time and again. They learnt both these languages with equal fervour.
There is no poet without a patron. Therefore, if both Tamil and Sanskrit flourished simultaneously in Tamil Nadu from ancient times, it was only because Tamil Kings patronised both Tamil and Sanskrit without any discrimination. Kanchi was a great seat of learning Sanskrit in ancient times.
Many Tamil scholars were equally proficient in Sanskrit too in ancient times like Agathiyar, Tolkappiar and others. It is debatable whether Kambar would have written his magnum opus Kamba Ramayanarn with such unrivalled excellence, but for his commendable proficiency in Sanskrit. Some poets, as for example, Villiputhurar and Arunagirinathar blended both these languages in their poems judiciously. In fact, there was a time, not long ago, when only those who were proficient in both languages were regbrded as scholars by the academicians. That was about 150 years ago.
But, four outstanding Tamil scholars namely Subramania Bharati and his friends and disciples Bharatidasan, Swami Vedachalarn who changed his name into pure Tamil as Maraimalai Adigal and V.K.Suryanarayana Sastriar who changed his name into pure Tamil as Paridimaal Kalaignar fomented Tamil frenzy among the people of Tamil Nadu, through their speeches or writings or both. Some Tamil scholars like Navalar Somasundara Bharathiyar denigrated Sanskrit. As if this was not enough, there were some politicians who launched in season and out of season vitriolic tirades against Sanskrit and branded it as an alien language. Hence Sanskrit began to languish in Tamil Nadu since the dawn of the twentieth century after flourishing continuously for thousands of years in Tamil Nadu.
There are many Western scholars who learn Sanskrit even today and realise much to their pleasant surprise that it is a veritable treasure trove.
There are many Muslims who learn Sanskrit in India and abroad even today. Recently, a Muslim scholar had translated the Bhagavad-Gita into Urdu from Sanskrit. Mr.M.M.Ismail, former Chief Justice of Madras High Court, who is propagating the greatness and glory of Kamba Ramayanam is well up in Sanskrit and speaks fluently in that language.
When western scholars who are Chrisitans and Muslims in India and abroad learn Sanskrit, there is no reason why Tamils should not emulate the shining example of their forbears and start learning Sanskrit right from now onwards. I hope you will ponder over this issue in all earnestness.
I have hitherto made a comparative analysis of Sanskrit and Tamil literature and explained with facts and figures as to how both Tamil and Sanskrit flourished in Tamil Nadu simultaneously since ancient times.
R.P.Sethu Pillai, a distinguished Tamil savant has said in one of his essays in Tamil that both Sanskrit and Tamil had a luxuriant growth by God's grace. It is hoped that both these ancient and classical languages will be learnt with avidity not by the people in India, but also by scholars in all countries around the world, so that India's priceless and peerless heritage may be known the world over, as a result of which India's prestige will soar throughout the globe.
Mudaliar

Pune, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1548
Oct 6, 2013
 
Dear Shruthi

Well done. Wish if you can highlight
1. The difference between Vedic Sanskrit and Classical Sanskrit

2. Script development of Tamil and Sanskrit

3. What is the difference between Old Malayalam and Kodun Tamil

4. Which Telugu and Kannada kings patronized Tamil?
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1550
Oct 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thrivikraman wrote:
<quoted text>
Prabakaran born in a hardcore hindu saivite family...since he named his first charles antony(named after late ltte field marshall) he is seen as a christian leader...but in reality his another son's name is balachandran(krishna) and his daughter's name is dwaraka...prabhakaran is a big devotee of krishna and had belief in bhagavad gita...but everything went against him...dravidian parties imposed aryan-dravidian theory in srilankan issue also separated srilankan tamils and indians...but prabhakaran doesnt hate india and the chinese come to srilanka only after prabhakaran died...nobody can save india from china since chinese well placed in srilanka and their first target will be kudankulam and it would never happened if prabhakaran is there...prabakaran very much inspired by the activities of nethaji...he never seen nethaji as an aryan but indian...many tamils beleive as if though nethaji reincarnated as prabhakaran since his activities similar to nethaji...when rajiv gandhi was murdered many congress leaders,mlas,mps,ministers,off icers were not with him because the plan to kill him was well known among them but rajiv dont know...4 days before the sriperumbudur bomb blast rajiv gandhi warned usa's intervention in kuwait...but these matters doesnt taken into account in rajiv gandhi murder case...cia,kashmir jihadis,sonia gandhi,subramania swamy,karunanithi are all to be accused but at the end everything pointed prabhakaran...prabhakaran in one of his interview denied his part in rajiv's death and his face went sad when asked about rajiv's death...a picture showing many sinhala soldiers beating rajiv in colombo airport is available show sinhalese's brutal face but facist sonia gandhi never seen him as a husband joint hands with sinhala who beaten rajiv gandhi killed srlankan tamils to hide her deadliest face...
Sir, Just for Knowing, then how come nalini, Murugan and few who were caught in Rajeev's Assasination, agreed that they were from LTTE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,361 - 1,380 of4,077
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

407 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 529,973
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 7 min Basten 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessarily so 716,462
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Clearwater 171,444
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min petesake 114,619
Smugglers welcome tighter borders (Apr '06) 19 min POS 14
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min KiMare 93,219
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Buck Crick 223,180
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Gabric 62
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 255,692
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••