Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1503 Sep 26, 2013
Can any one give references for Non European roots on languages .An excellent beginning I got for Mathematics.^The crest of Peacock^ by George Gheverghese Joseph.
anandan sundarsrajan

Udhampur, India

#1504 Sep 27, 2013
MURALI DHARAN wrote:
TAMIL IS THE OLDEST LIVING LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD. ALL NORTH INDIANS SUPPORTING SANSKRIT SUCK.
Yes

Tamil is the oldest language of the world coz Tamil is not just a language bit it is the first evolved some that made up all languages the mother. Thamizh means speech from within or ones self spoken.Samaskritham is a very new language compared to yo Tamil Te word samskrith means put together or collaborated ad it was done by the ancient twmils themselves then the ones who invaded India took up that language and made it wide and made others to learn in forcefully as they do with Hindi today ! The ones who invaded the Tamil lands were called aariyans that means they are ignorant of the norms of this land the unawares so taking their sounds and comfortable phonetics we developed Sanskrit for them ....... Denying Tamil as the oldest is denying the Mother itself so those who who are egoistic about Sanskrit are just simple racists in a hunting mode !!!!!!
Vinod

Chennai, India

#1505 Sep 28, 2013
Tamil is the oldest language. There are proofs and evidences for it. Many researchers around the world have accepted that Tamil is the world language on earth. The oldest scripture, literature are in Tamil. Nalanada the first university in the world had Tamil as the medium of instruction. The scripts of Tamil language has been found in many parts around the world. Mayans have used Tamil in their culture. There is enough proof for it. There are Tamil markings found in Egypt which dates back to a very long time. It was Tamils who ruled most of the Southern Asia. Cholas, Pandiyas ruled most of the India. But as time progressed, the civilisation from the northern part of the Asia (who were referred to as Aryas), started spreading out to southern asia. But the powerful dynasty of the chola and pandiya kings didn't allow these Aryans to invade into southern Asia(India not existed in those olden days). The Aryans(northen Asians) couldn't conquer the southern Asia because of Chola and Pandiya dynasties. So they started moving with the Tamils in a friendly manner. They were astonished by knowing the power of the their identity - Tamil is not just a language, its an identity. Tamils were well versed in literature, science, astrology, wars, studies, siddha, palmistry, bull taming, wars. There was not a single field in which Tamils were lacking in. Tamils in olden days were great architects. The foreign aryans were impressed with the built in structures by tamils for worshipping gods. There were named as gopurams and temples. Impressed with so many things of the tamils, the Aryans (northern Asians) started copying many words, cultures from the Tamils. Hence they made up some cooked up language of just words and named it as Sanskrit. They used it just for worshipping gods. This is how Sanskrit was born. Sanskrit had borrowed a lot of words from Tamils. But later on they tried to establish it as a unique language. But Sanskrit is 'language' of copied words. In fact its not a language at all. Its a cooked up dish of words.
Now why the north Indians are trying to say that Sanskrit is older compared to Tamil (But it is not), even though they know that Tamil is the oldest language and Sanskrit is no where close to it. Though Sanskrit was born out of Tamil, it gave birth to other languages like Hindi. Hindi is a shoot out of Sanskrit. Most of the north Indian who speak Hindi know very well that Tamil is the oldest language. But they cannot claim Hindi, which is their mother tongue as the oldest language for which they would become a laughing stock. So they want to save their pride at least a little by saying Sanskrit as the oldest language because Hindi is a shoot out of Sanskrit. But they very well know Tamil is the oldest language. The politics is also behind this. The central government which is mainly formed by the support of the north imposed Sanskrit as a second language in CBSE (Kendriya Vidyalaya) schools from 5th to 9th. By doing so they want to height the pride of hindi indirectly by imposing Sanskrit in Kendriya Vidyalayas. Because Hindi is a shoot out of Sanskrit. Its out of pure jealousy that some of the north Indians do not want to accept Tamil as the oldest language. Tamil is the first language spoken by the first man on earth. Tamil people are spread around the globe. Tamil is the official language of India, Srilanka, Singapore, Pondicherry. Tamil is the medium of education in Malaysia. Tamils are spread in Srilanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius, Australia, Europe, South Africa, US, UK, Greenland, UAE.... The beauty of Tamil cannot be described by mere words. The whole world has accepted Tamil as the oldest language and its greatness.
We are proud of being Tamils.
hindilover

Jacksonville, FL

#1506 Sep 29, 2013
Tamil is older than sanskrit. I am a north indian. Its not a debate on who is better. Fact is we are all the same. Tamil is still older. No bias answer
nachi vriddhachalam india

Pondicherry, India

#1507 Oct 1, 2013
should be tamil from kumarigandam [eg... tholkappiam..]. sanskrit will be next
nachi vriddhachalam india

Pondicherry, India

#1508 Oct 1, 2013
tamil
North Indian ARD

Pondicherry, India

#1509 Oct 1, 2013
From my Studies, I think Tamil could be older than Sanskrit as in Tamil literature, there were some mentioning about rivers which were drained 10,000 years back.
Foreign researchers whom I met claim that Tamil is the oldest language and all other languages are it's descendants.
Whatever both are classic and considered as very ancient languages not only in India but all over the world.
As Indians, we should be proud of both the languages.
Imayavaramban

Ashburn, VA

#1510 Oct 1, 2013
you are a stupid,Sanskrit originated from Tamil also you have no knowledge about literature and I am M.A. in tamil literature not a 4th grade student like you refer properly and then post things in internet
adam rodriguez

Ashburn, VA

#1511 Oct 1, 2013
recent research shows that a language called Tamil is the mother of our Mexican language also mayans script.......also Tamil is spoken by one guy called agasthe
Papa

India

#1512 Oct 3, 2013
Imayavaramban wrote:
you are a stupid,Sanskrit originated from Tamil also you have no knowledge about literature and I am M.A. in tamil literature not a 4th grade student like you refer properly and then post things in internet
With what grade you passed M.A ?:D if you are a M.A. in Tamil literature then obviously you will know only one thing...Tamil and literature from Tamilians :D...you should leave tis forum.
shruti

Kundan, India

#1513 Oct 3, 2013
Hi All! I have been reading all the comments and many times kumari kandam is mentioned. The word kumari is not a Tamil word It is Sanskrit and kandam is also story if you notice no Tamil lady put kumari or Kumar in name. But is mostly followed in north. I am a malayali who has been to many parts of India but presently in Bangalore.
I don't believe in Aryan invasion theory. It was all invented in 19th century. British people wanted to prove all the Veda knowledge was a gift of their ansectores so they made up stories like that. We Indians are still fighting on that. Even Aryan invasion theory is discarded now by scientist it is a myth. And genetic pool of all north Indian and south are same. Please read the research done by
Vinod S

New Delhi, India

#1514 Oct 3, 2013
shruti wrote:
Hi All! I have been reading all the comments and many times kumari kandam is mentioned. The word kumari is not a Tamil word It is Sanskrit and kandam is also story if you notice no Tamil lady put kumari or Kumar in name. But is mostly followed in north. I am a malayali who has been to many parts of India but presently in Bangalore.
I don't believe in Aryan invasion theory. It was all invented in 19th century. British people wanted to prove all the Veda knowledge was a gift of their ansectores so they made up stories like that. We Indians are still fighting on that. Even Aryan invasion theory is discarded now by scientist it is a myth. And genetic pool of all north Indian and south are same. Please read the research done by
Dear Shruthi, Neither you are thorough in Sanskrit Language Nor Explored the Tamil Names. for your info below

"Punniyakumari"
"Selvakumari"

Kumaran :- The other name of Lork Karthikeya / Shanmukha / Murugan.
shruti

Noida, India

#1515 Oct 3, 2013
Vinod S wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Shruthi, Neither you are thorough in Sanskrit Language Nor Explored the Tamil Names. for your info below
"Punniyakumari"
"Selvakumari"
Kumaran :- The other name of Lork Karthikeya / Shanmukha / Murugan.
Vinod how can you say that I am not aware of Sanskrit and Tamil. I studied Sanskrit in school and Tamil also I can speak atleast. And even northies keep kumari in name commonly when compared to Tamilian. They usually keep Amma in the tail. For eg meenakshi is a Sanskrit term which means meen fish in Sanskrit and akshi means eyes. The word shanmugan is derived from sankrit itself. Shan means 6 and mukh means face. The one who has 6 faces. The letter sh is not in Tamil then how come it is a Tamil word. Kumar is denoted generaly who is not married or in adolescent age. Before that stage a person will denoted as balak or balika means child. And in Rajputs ladies will always put kumari before their name not their caste or fathers name.

Since: Aug 13

Chennai, India

#1517 Oct 3, 2013
shruti wrote:
<quoted text>
Vinod how can you say that I am not aware of Sanskrit and Tamil. I studied Sanskrit in school and Tamil also I can speak atleast. And even northies keep kumari in name commonly when compared to Tamilian. They usually keep Amma in the tail. For eg meenakshi is a Sanskrit term which means meen fish in Sanskrit and akshi means eyes. The word shanmugan is derived from sankrit itself. Shan means 6 and mukh means face. The one who has 6 faces. The letter sh is not in Tamil then how come it is a Tamil word. Kumar is denoted generaly who is not married or in adolescent age. Before that stage a person will denoted as balak or balika means child. And in Rajputs ladies will always put kumari before their name not their caste or fathers name.
meenatchi->meenakshi....mee n+aatchi which means the princess of pandiyan kingdom...atcham means eyes in tamil this atcham turned to aksham->aksha in sanskrit similar to motcham->moksha,atcharam-- >akshara, latcham->laksha...theetchai in tamil means enlightening a soul...thee+atchai-> lightening the eye theetchai->deeksha in sanskrit...though sanskrit name meenakshi looks like fish eye it is more near to meen aatchi which means fish rule bcoz meenatchi is not only princess but also a ruler...but there is one name in pure tamil "angayarkanni"-am+ka yal+kanni-am(azhagiya - beautiful), kayal(fish), kanni(eye)..the one who has beautiful eyes like fishes...so the word ankayarkanni is free from sanskrit but meenakshi is dependent on tamil word meenaatchi...kumaran is the root word in which the sanskrit word kumara and kumar came...shamugan is a sanskrit word but independent equivalent tamil word for it is aarumugan...
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1518 Oct 4, 2013
Ok meenatchai was a lady who was princess so madhur meenakshi temple is actually meenatchai temple. One more thing if kumaran is Tamil word then why it is used in Sanskrit a lot like rajkumaran meaning prince in Sanskrit but in Tamil prince is not called the same. According to Skanda purana (purana on karthikeyan) he got name karthikeya because he was born to kritika.
And om saravanay namah sholoka for karthikeya itself is Sanskrit. The word murugan is from shanmugan mugam became murugan.
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1519 Oct 4, 2013
Please wiki the word kumari. It's origin is given.
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1520 Oct 4, 2013
Thrivikraman wrote:
<quoted text>
meenatchi->meenakshi....mee n+aatchi which means the princess of pandiyan kingdom...atcham means eyes in tamil this atcham turned to aksham->aksha in sanskrit similar to motcham->moksha,atcharam-- >akshara, latcham->laksha...theetchai in tamil means enlightening a soul...thee+atchai-> lightening the eye theetchai->deeksha in sanskrit...though sanskrit name meenakshi looks like fish eye it is more near to meen aatchi which means fish rule bcoz meenatchi is not only princess but also a ruler...but there is one name in pure tamil "angayarkanni"-am+ka yal+kanni-am(azhagiya - beautiful), kayal(fish), kanni(eye)..the one who has beautiful eyes like fishes...so the word ankayarkanni is free from sanskrit but meenakshi is dependent on tamil word meenaatchi...kumaran is the root word in which the sanskrit word kumara and kumar came...shamugan is a sanskrit word but independent equivalent tamil word for it is aarumugan...
.
Ok as per you "ksha" is a invention to replace all "tcham"in Tamil. If you pronounce these words like the way you wrote it sounds extremely funny. The beauty of words are lost. My dear friend please analyze things unbiased manner. Yes Tamil is a great language. Their were many languages which were old like Tamil only got lost like Pali, prakrit, Mythili etc.But the beauty of Tamil language is that it has survived. In India if you read their are around 300 languages on past 10 year which has extinct. Now let's talk about Sanskrit It hurts when I see some comments from Tamil supporters so abusive to Sanskrit. It is a great language holding so much wisdom and intelligence in it. All our Vedas are written in Sanskrit which holds so much scientific knowledge not only science but also economics, medicine, physics, everything. It is a facts present in Vedas that prooves that Indians used to count in crores when the whole world was stuck in 9.Shushurath father of surgery. Wrote a book in sankrit shushurath samhita not sure of the name of the book. And Gita when entire wold is learning Sanskrit and learning these facts. We are speaking like this. It is sad. Drawback of sankrit is that the brahmans restricted it so that common man does not gets its knowledge. Even in North India Tulsidas converted Ramayanam from Sanskrit to local language of people. Now why India was called golden bird because of its wealth and knowledge. They say that Sanskrit has little similarity between Latin languages. FYI, we had worlds first university nalanda and takshila in which more than ten thousand subjects were taught and students from all over the world came and learnt. So some words they might have incorporated in thier language like Amma has become Muma or mumi. And if Aryan invasion is true then their should be discussed landscape of some other country. It is all described Ganges and Yamuna. And Tamil scholars equally admired and learnt Sanskrit as wel as Tamil. Aryabhattas work in mathematics is in Sanskrit. Ravan I found people were saying Dravidian king. How can he be he was son of a rishi. Hence he was a Brahmin.and composed shivtandav strotram in Sanskrit. He had snatched Lanka from his elder brother kuberan illegaly. The term Aryan means a noble man in Sanskrit and dravida mean meditarian. These mere words misused by Karl Marx and gave us bad memories of world war 2. Sanskrit is also most logicaly correct as per NASA for programing. Both Tamil and Sanskrit equaly belong north and south. These languages are our wealth and should respected preserved and loved.
Vinod S

New Delhi, India

#1521 Oct 5, 2013
shruti wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ok as per you "ksha" is a invention to replace all "tcham"in Tamil. If you pronounce these words like the way you wrote it sounds extremely funny. The beauty of words are lost. My dear friend please analyze things unbiased manner. Yes Tamil is a great language. Their were many languages which were old like Tamil only got lost like Pali, prakrit, Mythili etc.But the beauty of Tamil language is that it has survived. In India if you read their are around 300 languages on past 10 year which has extinct. Now let's talk about Sanskrit It hurts when I see some comments from Tamil supporters so abusive to Sanskrit. It is a great language holding so much wisdom and intelligence in it. All our Vedas are written in Sanskrit which holds so much scientific knowledge not only science but also economics, medicine, physics, everything. It is a facts present in Vedas that prooves that Indians used to count in crores when the whole world was stuck in 9.Shushurath father of surgery. Wrote a book in sankrit shushurath samhita not sure of the name of the book. And Gita when entire wold is learning Sanskrit and learning these facts. We are speaking like this. It is sad. Drawback of sankrit is that the brahmans restricted it so that common man does not gets its knowledge. Even in North India Tulsidas converted Ramayanam from Sanskrit to local language of people. Now why India was called golden bird because of its wealth and knowledge. They say that Sanskrit has little similarity between Latin languages. FYI, we had worlds first university nalanda and takshila in which more than ten thousand subjects were taught and students from all over the world came and learnt. So some words they might have incorporated in thier language like Amma has become Muma or mumi. And if Aryan invasion is true then their should be discussed landscape of some other country. It is all described Ganges and Yamuna. And Tamil scholars equally admired and learnt Sanskrit as wel as Tamil. Aryabhattas work in mathematics is in Sanskrit. Ravan I found people were saying Dravidian king. How can he be he was son of a rishi. Hence he was a Brahmin.and composed shivtandav strotram in Sanskrit. He had snatched Lanka from his elder brother kuberan illegaly. The term Aryan means a noble man in Sanskrit and dravida mean meditarian. These mere words misused by Karl Marx and gave us bad memories of world war 2. Sanskrit is also most logicaly correct as per NASA for programing. Both Tamil and Sanskrit equaly belong north and south. These languages are our wealth and should respected preserved and loved.
Dear Shruthi, Sanskrit is also a beautiful langauage but not as older as Tamil according to the proof researched. and The vedhas were borrowed from tamil and documented, for example whithout the mathematical calculation the megastructures like Temples cannot be built in the perfect manner in contrast with "Pissa Tower". And there are no records saying that sanskrit script is carved on the stones.Thirukural is which that contains the real fact not the GITA and the entire world will agree and accept this.Sanskrit is the language which fully contains superstitious concept Ramayana and Mahabaratha itself is the imaginary stories and all are of imagenary charecters.each and every word in tamil has the meaning the words borrowed by the sanskrit from tamil is just meaningless one fine example is that the term Shivalinga(Meaningless) which is blindly borrowed from the Tamil word Sivaalangam(Meaningful and can be explained).
Vinod S

New Delhi, India

#1522 Oct 5, 2013
anonyamous wrote:
Whatever Mr.Shiva you Tamilians were able to survive till now only because of migration to regions.YOu people migrated to other countries coz ur own land wasnt supporting you,the enviornment,scarcity of water etc etc.You people should be thankful Karnataka coz its still feeding you guys.You guys need water for you and your family at Karnataka and water at Tamilnadu for your parents.eitherway you want water from Karnataka Only.
You are talking as if the Karnataka is your Father's state.
shruti

Bangalore, India

#1523 Oct 5, 2013
Vinod S wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Shruthi, Sanskrit is also a beautiful langauage but not as older as Tamil according to the proof researched. and The vedhas were borrowed from tamil and documented, for example whithout the mathematical calculation the megastructures like Temples cannot be built in the perfect manner in contrast with "Pissa Tower". And there are no records saying that sanskrit script is carved on the stones.Thirukural is which that contains the real fact not the GITA and the entire world will agree and accept this.Sanskrit is the language which fully contains superstitious concept Ramayana and Mahabaratha itself is the imaginary stories and all are of imagenary charecters.each and every word in tamil has the meaning the words borrowed by the sanskrit from tamil is just meaningless one fine example is that the term Shivalinga(Meaningless) which is blindly borrowed from the Tamil word Sivaalangam(Meaningful and can be explaineed).
I don't know whether Ramayana and Mahabharata are imaginary or not but what you wrote is completely imaginary. There satellite pictures of Ramsethu. And also evidences of dwarika city. Srilanka and Indian Govt has set up a project to build bridge on it and also adding to your knowledge you can google a documentary done by history channel on atomic usage in Mahabharata. Alright even if it is a story or imagination then also it is a great work. There is no character in Ramayana or Mahabharata which you can't find in real life. Now you say that Veda was in Tamil and copied to Sanskrit. Where is the Tamil Veda.? Shiva is sense and linga is senseless. In what sense you are saying this. Do you even know meaning of Shiva. Shav is deadbody in Sanskrit the ei tatva is life Shiva is life. And a great poet in Hindi vinobhacharya explained in beautiful way even he is god of destruction then why he is worshiped , because anything New have to come then it has to destroy. A rose is beautiful because it will bloom in spring but if is there for ever then its beauty is lost that is why end is imp. And in Gita also death is described as a beautiful lady. Which relieves you from everything. Similarly Vishnu means vishistha+anu. Vishistha means special and anu means atom. So it is special atom. You know Hinduism not only tell about heaven and hell but it is much scientific and deep. Atom (anu) was already discovered by Indian sages. Gita is also was in Tamil. Please justify what you say. Now my answer to your temple things are that in Tamilnadu Tamil kings equaly encouraged Sanskrit . Regarding inscriptions Halebeedu temple I found inscriptions in Sanskrit and old Kannada. In North also many old temples like somnath temple has shloka written in Sanskrit. Padamnabh swami temple also have inscription in Sanskrit and even Egyptians built Pyramids a without the mathematics. Which is also much more older. Visit Jantar Mantra in Jaipur and Delhi you will find yantras to calculate position of planets older days. So my dear friend justify Wat you say with evidences. Simply to quote I can also say Tamil is old Aramic. And Google who discovered zero, decimal etc. Please analyze facts properly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 110,009
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr George Justapawn 675,488
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr another viewer 982,282
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Holy God s Child 619,347
More from around the web