Pat

Bangalore, India

#1474 Sep 13, 2013
Here you go...

The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.
Lord Shiva is founder of Sanskrit..
Shankr wrote:
As far as my learning is concerned. Tamil is the oldest language in the world. Sankrit language which is not the origin of all Indian languages. Yes it is to the Indo Aryan languages like Hindi and punjabi but not to the indgenious Languages like Tamil a mother of all other languages like Malayalm,Telugu Kannada and etc,,,,
Many people will say that Sankskrit was used for writing religious stuffs and etc.. but we all have to understand that the creators of the sanskrit are the Aryans who were intruders to the Indian soil and the illiterate Aryans learnt the arts and lit frm the Dravdians of the indus valley the oldest civilisation ,who spoke the native language Tamil.
Then after the Aryans fabricated Hinduism and and forced their created Sanskrit and stuff like the caste system in Hinduism, these are well known facts, the birth of sanskrit is only during the 1500bc after the arrival of the Aryans.
The birth of Tamil Language is unknown but one of the earliest text is even dating back 5000bc, which clearly speaks for itself,Tamil as the OLDEST LANGUAGE.
Its a good debate to be discussed, but not feel superior or inferior about which language is first or older one. My personal feeling is to be a HUMAN FIRST not the caste, country, rich, poor etc etc.,,
bhanu

Hyderabad, India

#1476 Sep 14, 2013
hindu warrior wrote:
sanskrit is the oldest language in the world.tamil is not the oldest living langusage in india but sanskrit is.sanskrit is not a dead language.a dead language means it is not used anymore.sanskrit is still used in every hindu temple for holy rituals and mantras.there is a wrong assumption that tamil is older than sanskrit.this is very wrong.tamil evolved from sanskrit.sanskrit is not created by mere men but lord shiva himself.sanskrit is also called the language of the devas.vedas are anadhi(birthless) they are not created by god but his breath.even bhrami scripts are older than tamil.i m not degrading tamil but sanskrit is the father language of tamil and other language of the world.
man we are talking in the historical sense means dating back to perfect time .if you want to talk about fantasies and gods do it some where else
and also father of languages who taught you that ?????
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1477 Sep 14, 2013
^How I answered means because of Agasthi Munivar^. PAT, Bangalore
How may Agasthi Munivar are recorded in Literature in Tamil,Malayalam and Sanskrit? and Purana?
1. Who came from North and when?
2. Agasthi from Kerala and was an expert in Malayalam ,Tamil and Sankrit
3. Who was the Agasthiyar who is the creator of Tamil grammar and when?
4.Who was the Agasthi who is the father of Sidda Medicine.
5. What is the difference between Sidda medicine and Ayurveda medicine.

6. How many temples are there for Agasthiyar and where are they?
Keep the constructive arguments on so that true Indian antiquity and culture are bought out as common knowledge and erase all the poison injected for the past two centuries.
Thrivikraman

Ashburn, VA

#1478 Sep 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
Here you go...
The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.
Lord Shiva is founder of Sanskrit..
<quoted text>
vedas were cosmic sounds which is used by tamil siththars...root word of vedha is "veidhal" means refining for example "koorai veidhal" means making the roof of a house using a grass ,small stick particles obtained from forests...sanskrit word vedham came from modern tamil name vaitheegam but oldest name for vedha is marai in tamil...vai+(th)+eegam-means knowing about earthly or planetary objects..."vai" means earth or planetary objects, "th"-connecting word,"eegam"-'adaith al' or 'aridhal' that means acquiring or knowing..."aanmeegam "-"aanma(athma)+eega m"- acquring or knowing about aanma(athma)...now see the word vai in tamil..."vai"kai-sin ce lord sivan put his hand on earth brought water to fulfills the thirsty of his subordinates..."vai" thegi(seetha)-vai-earth, thegi-body which means the one born from earth...vaitheegam also refers to worshipping or knowing about vishnu "vin" is the root word vinnavan or vainavan(vaishnava)- vai(earth)+avan(he)...avan will be called as "ava" by brahmin peoples...so a vedha brahmana will be called as vaitheega paramanar in tamil...param(paramporul) means the stable one which has never birth or death that denotes lord sivan...paraman->praman- >brahman...as per saivism brahma is one among the five creatures of paramasivan(others are thirumaal(vishnu),uruthiran(ru dra),maheswaran,sathasivan)... dear pat if you are an expert in vedhas can you provide the details about the "nila suktam" in yajur vedham?...which god this suktam talks about?...in which part of the world the deity associated "nila suktam" has temple?go any where in google and you get answers for this only from tamilans or tamil based blogs...
Thrivikraman

Ashburn, VA

#1479 Sep 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
Shiva is a founder of Sanskrit....(Hindu Mytho says ma'an)
<quoted text>
which god you are talking about sivan? sathaasivan? paramasivan? or just shiva itself?
Guru

Pune, India

#1480 Sep 15, 2013
Dear Venkatesan, May I ask you how many gnanapeet awards has tamil language or tamil literature has earned?

We are Indians lets fight against english or western languages. Lets not fight among ourselves.

Regards,
Guruprasad J.P.
venkatesan sreenivasan wrote:
How my dear kannadigas can say kananada is best. let them give detail of in how many counries kananda is national r second language like tamil.
Rakesh

Hyderabad, India

#1481 Sep 17, 2013
tamil was derived from kannada before kannada and old tamil it was kandamilu which seperated into kannada and tamil only for the reson that tamilins love there language most you can find the many net site that saying tamil was older language actul mater tamil was not the present indias lang it language born in kandalan kulam which has gone under indian occean those people who migrated that time to india and language mixed with prakrith and kannada then after it became kandamilu old tamil and tamil which is now use in the world
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1482 Sep 17, 2013
^language mixed with prakrith and kannada then after it became kandamilu old tamil and tamil which is now use in the world ^

Can you give some evidence for the time line either though literature or otherwise any archeological findings.Also try to give pure Kannada words eliminating Tamil and Sanskrit words.Unfortunately Google do not show any search results for Kandamilu
karthik

Bangalore, India

#1483 Sep 18, 2013
tamil
Rishi

Mumbai, India

#1484 Sep 19, 2013
Mcm wrote:
Tamil is the original Indian language. Sanskrit not a Deva Bhasha, it is Only A "VEDA BHASHA". and Sanskrit is only a intermixed form of ancient europian's language an Dravidian language. Europian syntax and dravidian syntax are entirely different. All Indian Languages use Dravidian syntax. Malayalam and Tamil are interrelated dravidian languages.
MCM... Tamil is the original Indian language & Aryans came to India & were not native Indians, Sanskrit only intermixed form of ancient European language ... This is not 19th & 20th century where such quakery & foolishness of westerners ( entrenched in Church propaganda ) were listened to and taken as Gospel of Truth... Welcome to 21st centuary, world over scholars, historians and archaeologist and unanimously accepted that Aryans were in fact native Indians who migrated every where in the world including Europe & not the other way around. Quite frankly while India was thriving with its Vedic culture in beautiful & advanced cities at the time Europe was in caves...

Among many Western fools; who propagated this concocted Aryan went to India & setteled & wern't natives Indians and rig veda is the oldest & only 2000 yrs old concoction, Max Muller amoung them was an idiot of the first order and in his dying years accepted his foolery with Indian History, rich culture and Vedas in candid repentful admissions on several occasions. India today has more than 400 surviving local languages. In 1960's it had more than a thousand...

Tamil was & is indian language but not even close to being as ancient, sacred,integral & imp as Sanskrit... which is Deva / Veda language also of Rishi's & scholars... of India.
God

Mumbai, India

#1485 Sep 19, 2013
Thrivikraman wrote:
<quoted text>
which god you are talking about sivan? sathaasivan? paramasivan? or just shiva itself?
Only one god I heard in my life among mentioned above i.e. shiva...who are the others? I know Santosh Sivan.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1486 Sep 19, 2013
Rishi wrote:
<quoted text>
MCM... Tamil is the original Indian language & Aryans came to India & were not native Indians, Sanskrit only intermixed form of ancient European language ... This is not 19th & 20th century where such quakery & foolishness of westerners ( entrenched in Church propaganda ) were listened to and taken as Gospel of Truth... Welcome to 21st centuary, world over scholars, historians and archaeologist and unanimously accepted that Aryans were in fact native Indians who migrated every where in the world including Europe & not the other way around. Quite frankly while India was thriving with its Vedic culture in beautiful & advanced cities at the time Europe was in caves...
Among many Western fools; who propagated this concocted Aryan went to India & setteled & wern't natives Indians and rig veda is the oldest & only 2000 yrs old concoction, Max Muller amoung them was an idiot of the first order and in his dying years accepted his foolery with Indian History, rich culture and Vedas in candid repentful admissions on several occasions. India today has more than 400 surviving local languages. In 1960's it had more than a thousand...
Tamil was & is indian language but not even close to being as ancient, sacred,integral & imp as Sanskrit... which is Deva / Veda language also of Rishi's & scholars... of India.
200 Years false and distorted history can be erased only if we build constructive arguments maitainig dignity of words..Quote source references for the people to understand the truth.
Muller was not an idiot but faithful servant of East India company and had hidden agenda to destroy Indian Antiquity..Later ,at the fag end of his life accepted his false propaganda.But Westerners and vested interests still carry his Theory and Time lines.
Shiva

India

#1487 Sep 19, 2013
The languages of India are divided into two large groups, the Indo-Aryan languages and the Dravidian languages.

sanskrit was the languages spoken by Ariyan who invaded India by Kyber-pass.
Dravidian is the Originated language from South India by the kingdoms of Chera, Chola & Pandiya's & Sri lanka, there was huge continent called kumarikandam was sunked in sea due to this, there was no proof to prove to tamil is the oldest language.

Also you can see The cambodia temples was build by a Tamil King Pallava and Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, South Africa, Australia, With 77 million population speaking tamil, since it was a part of Kumarikandam.

People dont compare tamil & sanskrit. Both are different.

You can think In tamil and other language uses sanskrit words because the Tamil areas in mainland India became a part of British India. In Sri Lanka, the Tamil areas was under the control of Portuguese, Dutch and later British.This situation completely eradicated the political notion of Tamils and reduced them to a minority status under political model implemented by British on their process of liberating their colonies They &#8203;&#8203;were active in the freedom movement of India and other countries. After Independence, they &#8203;&#8203;became citizens of India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and other former colonies. Independent of their religion, caste and country, most Tamils &#8203;&#8203;follow the ideology of Tamil Nationalism characterized by the patriotism to the Tamil language, culture and desire for an independent Tamil state.
Michael Wood referred the Tamils as the last surviving classical civilisation on Earth.
rahul

Warangal, India

#1488 Sep 20, 2013
my dear friend kannada is derived from tamil only. not only kannada, telugu and malayalam are also from tamil only.if u prove me kannada is oldest than tamil i l give u 1 lakh rupees.
anonyamous

Bangalore, India

#1489 Sep 21, 2013
alaghu pandian wrote:
tamil is oldest language
poda mayire
anonyamous

Bangalore, India

#1490 Sep 21, 2013
mudaliyar poda mayire
anonyamous

Bangalore, India

#1491 Sep 21, 2013
Rishi if you practically think there is no Aryan race itself.It is created at the time World war II by Germans.
anonyamous

Bangalore, India

#1492 Sep 21, 2013
Kannada, has the oldest inscripts (Nishadi) from the Proto-Old Kannada days. Also the oldest Tamil inscription dating back to 350BC has generous Kannada words (refer the scholar Iravatham Mahadevan). So in all essence of the oldest language, Sanskrit certainly is. Of the oldest spoken languages in India, Kannada and not Tamil takes the crown
anonyamous

Bangalore, India

#1493 Sep 21, 2013
Whatever Mr.Shiva you Tamilians were able to survive till now only because of migration to regions.YOu people migrated to other countries coz ur own land wasnt supporting you,the enviornment,scarcity of water etc etc.You people should be thankful Karnataka coz its still feeding you guys.You guys need water for you and your family at Karnataka and water at Tamilnadu for your parents.eitherway you want water from Karnataka Only.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1494 Sep 21, 2013
Anonymous , It is unfortunate that you cannot maintain dignity and get into Aryan and State issues.I wonder why Tamil got Classical status first.Topic is clear whether Sanskrit or Tamil. It is not enough to quote inscriptions only, one need lot more evidences to claim antiquity.If you go through my earlier comments you will understand better.True Kannada and Telugu had their time for centuries but got corrupted with Sankrit more ? and literatures started appearing very late. Grammar by Agasthyar(lost completely) and Only Tholkappiam survived !!! Now that Kannada also included as classical by compromising from 2000 years to 1500 years antiquity. This is my understanding . I will correct if this forum disagrees. 100 years before a renowned South Indian Historian considered Kannada as a sister to Tamil. But proto Tamil, Damily etc are the root for all South Indian Language.Again we are diverting the issue from Tamil or Sanskrit. I agree I am a late starter to join this debate.As such I understand with little study done so for that Indian history is distorted and less said is better for South Indian contribution . As for as script is considered , I was surprised to read that Panini Grammar was not written in Sanskrit!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min River Tam 837,728
Black people really are dunb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 min Tony17 2
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 28 min asoneosborne 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Rosa_Winkel 612,163
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min marge 589,733
Poll Why does bill clinton hold his mouth wide open? (Feb '08) 50 min set free in truth 14
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 50 min Tony17 443
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr set free in truth 176,854
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 4,223
More from around the web