Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
sunil

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#1458 Aug 26, 2013
hindu warrior wrote:
sanskrit is the oldest language in the world.tamil is not the oldest language in the world.sanskrit was created by lord siva.vedas were in sanskrit.vedas are ever exixting.they r not composed.they r called god's breath.vedas has no begining same like god.tamil came afterwards.sanskrit is the father language of all the languages of the world.tamil is not superior to sanskrit.it is very idiotic even to think tamil is superior to sanskrit.

TAMIL IS the Oldest language in this Earth.
sunil

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#1459 Aug 26, 2013
nikitha

Delhi, India

#1460 Aug 27, 2013
i am sure that tamil is the oldest language in india
Shankr

Bangalore, India

#1462 Aug 29, 2013
As far as my learning is concerned. Tamil is the oldest language in the world. Sankrit language which is not the origin of all Indian languages. Yes it is to the Indo Aryan languages like Hindi and punjabi but not to the indgenious Languages like Tamil a mother of all other languages like Malayalm,Telugu Kannada and etc,,,,

Many people will say that Sankskrit was used for writing religious stuffs and etc.. but we all have to understand that the creators of the sanskrit are the Aryans who were intruders to the Indian soil and the illiterate Aryans learnt the arts and lit frm the Dravdians of the indus valley the oldest civilisation ,who spoke the native language Tamil.

Then after the Aryans fabricated Hinduism and and forced their created Sanskrit and stuff like the caste system in Hinduism, these are well known facts, the birth of sanskrit is only during the 1500bc after the arrival of the Aryans.

The birth of Tamil Language is unknown but one of the earliest text is even dating back 5000bc, which clearly speaks for itself,Tamil as the OLDEST LANGUAGE.

Its a good debate to be discussed, but not feel superior or inferior about which language is first or older one. My personal feeling is to be a HUMAN FIRST not the caste, country, rich, poor etc etc.,,
shyam

Mumbai, India

#1463 Aug 29, 2013
Hello Hindu warrior ! People who read ur post can easily understand that ur not eligible to talk about languages, so shut ur ass. Already scientists have been proved that Tamil is the origin of other languages, which means dravidians.
sonali

Bangalore, India

#1464 Sep 1, 2013
there are references to rivers that dried up 10000 years ago in tamil literature...TAMIL GRAMMAR was written before 3000 years..there are references to SUBMERGED CONTINENTS in tamil..what else do we need..??
Prabhu SNM

Chennai, India

#1466 Sep 6, 2013
Dear siblings ,

We have to be proud , because either Tamil or Sanskrit would be the oldest language , and I see there aren't any valid proof for justifying either Sanskrit orTamil is an oldest language , I believe that both are the oldest languages and its quite tough to prove that one of them is older than the other , moreover I am worried that we are unable to pass our oldest languages to younger generations as our languages are dying slowly and we may end up losing Tamil language too , as we lost Sanskrit already :(, it's time to retain our languages and educate our younger generations of our heritage languages and their cultural influence , so that they we will not end up with tanglish or English or any new language , as you can see , even in this forum we are using English as a language and not Tamil or Sanskrit , so this is warning sign for us to wake up and save our languages, instead of arguing which one is older .
Srinath

Bangalore, India

#1467 Sep 7, 2013
From my opinion, Obviously we should accept Tamil is a one of the oldest languages in the world and older than others. because Agasthi munivar( Siddhar ) is a founder of tamil language and lots of myths behind in a language., we should abide all the true facts. No need to fight which is older inbetween sanskrit and tamil. Sanskrit also a very oldest one but however Out of 6 oldest languages in world only 2 languages( Chinese and Tamil) are being used most predominantly. Although tamil is a oldest languages. Peoples are not using pure tamil. Pure tamil is little difficult to understand.
UNESCO authenticated 6 languages are oldest.
1.Tamil 2. Sanskrit 3. Chinese 4.Latin 5.Greece 6.Hebrews

How I given this suggestion because of history, incredible things behind in the history. Which is oldest is a very difficult to answer because both also very oldest.
And How I answered means because of Agasthi Munivar.
yuvaraj

Chennai, India

#1468 Sep 10, 2013
hindu warrior wrote:
sanskrit is the oldest language in the world.tamil is not the oldest language in the world.sanskrit was created by lord siva.vedas were in sanskrit.vedas are ever exixting.they r not composed.they r called god's breath.vedas has no begining same like god.tamil came afterwards.sanskrit is the father language of all the languages of the world.tamil is not superior to sanskrit.it is very idiotic even to think tamil is superior to sanskrit.
Then why lord shiva, not blessed 64 divine arts in sanskrit, but gave to tamils? Do you know about 'Bothi Dharma' he is the father of 'Kung fu', he is from 'Kanchivaram(now called as Kanchipuram)' located in Tamil Nadu. Still he is worshiped as a God by Zen Buddhist. These info has been accepted by chineese itself. do you tell me anyone from sanskrit. You again and again connected the language with god, so I will tell you, In tamil many siddha's are there, they are worshiping God shiva. Go and search about tamil siddhars, you will get many things about tamil.
Sanskrit old as Avestan

Papanasam, India

#1470 Sep 13, 2013
Peace wrote:
@Jacob...If u will know how old are Hindu Vedas and Upnishdas u will know how old is Sanskrit.
Vedic Sanskrit & Avestan (of Iran, old Persia) belongs to Indo-Iranian branch of the Indo-European language family

Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam, Brahui (in Pakistan), etc... belongs to Dravidian language family

The Rigveda was composed in Vedic Sanskrit,
which is very similar to
Avestan, the ancient language of the
Persia Zoroastrian sacred text Avesta

The Vedas and the Avesta include the performance of sacrifice (Sanskrit yajna or Avestan yasna)

Sanskrit is as old as Persian (Iran) Avestan language
Pat

Bangalore, India

#1471 Sep 13, 2013
Oh hahaha... an other joke below, so now Tamil is older than Sanskrit... Wow, this is so called history... gr8
What they had said is rite my dear old boy, I feel you just prove with the help of Google and in google you find such kind of comments written you only big brainy guys like you...
If Karnataka people start digging the real history, then you will be stun.. If you talk history, Tamilians have come to Srilanka from Central asia dear... IIin that case, what language does people communicate in the time of Mohenjo-daro

Forget that.. In tamil, you people still use lingam, puram etc, those are Sanskrit words dear, Tamil have come from Sanskrit big boy...
Every body respect their language, In Karnataka, they don't care on any of the comments, Entire India, people lives in assumptions
Tamilan wrote:
ha ha ha ha joke of the year, i think u are a small boy in this area even we could not reveal our history how can we hide others, we will not speak with assumptions we have lot of proof ya.
We have & had a big history as well as relationship, it is not like with u guys for just 66 years.
They (Dravidian) are our relations not neighbors unlike north Indians.
listen boy, tamilnadu has enough electricity but this stupid central rulers are taking out our electricity and no one has the right to stop the river as it goes, naturally we had so much water but this stupid govt only allowed to build a dam in the mid of the river after independence to stop the water for tamilnadu.
Further, We will be very happy if the govt agrees that all dravidian langugare are very older than sanskrit.
Indians will rule this country especially real indians not foreigners.
Will see in future who rules india, Indians or foreigners.
Pat

Bangalore, India

#1472 Sep 13, 2013
Hey hero, you and your FKN scientists...
Which scientist said this ma'an, hope he might be an other tamilian who talks without a proper clarity...
Rama & Sri Krishna were using Sanskrit... do you know when and which era they were lived???
Some scientist say that Krishna lived 10,000 years back and some say 25,000 years. Now you FKN kid giving a comment...
Try to avoid your tongue you BA, before using shut ass etc.. African language is the oldest language, hope you still not aware haaa?
Who's father have born in that time ma'an??? you know one thing religion have hardly existed in 2000-2500 years back and before that there was no such caste or religion except red indian kind (gingale gingale) heheh, Scientist are still not capable to prove that, and they busy digging mud than nothing,and talk all shit
First learn history before you comment....
Every one respect their language, so better you do rather than hurting someone like a small kid.
Better commenting, at least work hard and take salary promptly...
shyam wrote:
Hello Hindu warrior ! People who read ur post can easily understand that ur not eligible to talk about languages, so shut ur ass. Already scientists have been proved that Tamil is the origin of other languages, which means dravidians.
Pat

Bangalore, India

#1473 Sep 13, 2013
Shiva is a founder of Sanskrit....(Hindu Mytho says ma'an)
Srinath wrote:
From my opinion, Obviously we should accept Tamil is a one of the oldest languages in the world and older than others. because Agasthi munivar( Siddhar ) is a founder of tamil language and lots of myths behind in a language., we should abide all the true facts. No need to fight which is older inbetween sanskrit and tamil. Sanskrit also a very oldest one but however Out of 6 oldest languages in world only 2 languages( Chinese and Tamil) are being used most predominantly. Although tamil is a oldest languages. Peoples are not using pure tamil. Pure tamil is little difficult to understand.
UNESCO authenticated 6 languages are oldest.
1.Tamil 2. Sanskrit 3. Chinese 4.Latin 5.Greece 6.Hebrews
How I given this suggestion because of history, incredible things behind in the history. Which is oldest is a very difficult to answer because both also very oldest.
And How I answered means because of Agasthi Munivar.
Pat

Bangalore, India

#1474 Sep 13, 2013
Here you go...

The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.
Lord Shiva is founder of Sanskrit..
Shankr wrote:
As far as my learning is concerned. Tamil is the oldest language in the world. Sankrit language which is not the origin of all Indian languages. Yes it is to the Indo Aryan languages like Hindi and punjabi but not to the indgenious Languages like Tamil a mother of all other languages like Malayalm,Telugu Kannada and etc,,,,
Many people will say that Sankskrit was used for writing religious stuffs and etc.. but we all have to understand that the creators of the sanskrit are the Aryans who were intruders to the Indian soil and the illiterate Aryans learnt the arts and lit frm the Dravdians of the indus valley the oldest civilisation ,who spoke the native language Tamil.
Then after the Aryans fabricated Hinduism and and forced their created Sanskrit and stuff like the caste system in Hinduism, these are well known facts, the birth of sanskrit is only during the 1500bc after the arrival of the Aryans.
The birth of Tamil Language is unknown but one of the earliest text is even dating back 5000bc, which clearly speaks for itself,Tamil as the OLDEST LANGUAGE.
Its a good debate to be discussed, but not feel superior or inferior about which language is first or older one. My personal feeling is to be a HUMAN FIRST not the caste, country, rich, poor etc etc.,,
bhanu

Hyderabad, India

#1476 Sep 14, 2013
hindu warrior wrote:
sanskrit is the oldest language in the world.tamil is not the oldest living langusage in india but sanskrit is.sanskrit is not a dead language.a dead language means it is not used anymore.sanskrit is still used in every hindu temple for holy rituals and mantras.there is a wrong assumption that tamil is older than sanskrit.this is very wrong.tamil evolved from sanskrit.sanskrit is not created by mere men but lord shiva himself.sanskrit is also called the language of the devas.vedas are anadhi(birthless) they are not created by god but his breath.even bhrami scripts are older than tamil.i m not degrading tamil but sanskrit is the father language of tamil and other language of the world.
man we are talking in the historical sense means dating back to perfect time .if you want to talk about fantasies and gods do it some where else
and also father of languages who taught you that ?????
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1477 Sep 14, 2013
^How I answered means because of Agasthi Munivar^. PAT, Bangalore
How may Agasthi Munivar are recorded in Literature in Tamil,Malayalam and Sanskrit? and Purana?
1. Who came from North and when?
2. Agasthi from Kerala and was an expert in Malayalam ,Tamil and Sankrit
3. Who was the Agasthiyar who is the creator of Tamil grammar and when?
4.Who was the Agasthi who is the father of Sidda Medicine.
5. What is the difference between Sidda medicine and Ayurveda medicine.

6. How many temples are there for Agasthiyar and where are they?
Keep the constructive arguments on so that true Indian antiquity and culture are bought out as common knowledge and erase all the poison injected for the past two centuries.
Thrivikraman

Ashburn, VA

#1478 Sep 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
Here you go...
The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.
Lord Shiva is founder of Sanskrit..
<quoted text>
vedas were cosmic sounds which is used by tamil siththars...root word of vedha is "veidhal" means refining for example "koorai veidhal" means making the roof of a house using a grass ,small stick particles obtained from forests...sanskrit word vedham came from modern tamil name vaitheegam but oldest name for vedha is marai in tamil...vai+(th)+eegam-means knowing about earthly or planetary objects..."vai" means earth or planetary objects, "th"-connecting word,"eegam"-'adaith al' or 'aridhal' that means acquiring or knowing..."aanmeegam "-"aanma(athma)+eega m"- acquring or knowing about aanma(athma)...now see the word vai in tamil..."vai"kai-sin ce lord sivan put his hand on earth brought water to fulfills the thirsty of his subordinates..."vai" thegi(seetha)-vai-earth, thegi-body which means the one born from earth...vaitheegam also refers to worshipping or knowing about vishnu "vin" is the root word vinnavan or vainavan(vaishnava)- vai(earth)+avan(he)...avan will be called as "ava" by brahmin peoples...so a vedha brahmana will be called as vaitheega paramanar in tamil...param(paramporul) means the stable one which has never birth or death that denotes lord sivan...paraman->praman- >brahman...as per saivism brahma is one among the five creatures of paramasivan(others are thirumaal(vishnu),uruthiran(ru dra),maheswaran,sathasivan)... dear pat if you are an expert in vedhas can you provide the details about the "nila suktam" in yajur vedham?...which god this suktam talks about?...in which part of the world the deity associated "nila suktam" has temple?go any where in google and you get answers for this only from tamilans or tamil based blogs...
Thrivikraman

Ashburn, VA

#1479 Sep 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
Shiva is a founder of Sanskrit....(Hindu Mytho says ma'an)
<quoted text>
which god you are talking about sivan? sathaasivan? paramasivan? or just shiva itself?
Guru

Pune, India

#1480 Sep 15, 2013
Dear Venkatesan, May I ask you how many gnanapeet awards has tamil language or tamil literature has earned?

We are Indians lets fight against english or western languages. Lets not fight among ourselves.

Regards,
Guruprasad J.P.
venkatesan sreenivasan wrote:
How my dear kannadigas can say kananada is best. let them give detail of in how many counries kananda is national r second language like tamil.
Rakesh

Hyderabad, India

#1481 Sep 17, 2013
tamil was derived from kannada before kannada and old tamil it was kandamilu which seperated into kannada and tamil only for the reson that tamilins love there language most you can find the many net site that saying tamil was older language actul mater tamil was not the present indias lang it language born in kandalan kulam which has gone under indian occean those people who migrated that time to india and language mixed with prakrith and kannada then after it became kandamilu old tamil and tamil which is now use in the world

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 57 min Doctor REALITY 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 57 min River Tam 104,533
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 394
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 981,211
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 6 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr bad bob 184,571
More from around the web