Sank

India

#1399 Aug 4, 2013
Vivek Nema wrote:
Yes Vedha is right ...
Gandhiji who got us our freedom is from Tamilnadu. India's first Prime Minister J L Nehru is from Tamilnadu, Nobel laureate Hargobind Khorana is from Tamilnadu, discoverer of zero (0) Aryabhatt is from Tamilnadu, to name a few
You missed some more details.Albert Einstein, is also from IIT, Chennai. Mahabaratha was translated from Tamil.
Sank

India

#1400 Aug 4, 2013
Mudaliar wrote:
Ya,.Who discovered minute fractions and used for day to day life?
I discovered when I was in Math Class.
Sank

India

#1401 Aug 4, 2013
funnytamilian wrote:
ha ha ha.. such a funny debate..
you know what.. a debate should be with points from both the arguing sides.. not just one side giving points and others just deny it without evidence.
i can easily see that the people who oppose tamil have the "My eyes are tied and the world is blind" attitude.
I am tamilian .. if you prove with evidence that sanskrit is older than tamil am ready to accept..
dont just push your egoistic jealous thoughts on tamils here.
Ha Ha Ha..for a change, why don't you prove Tamil is older that Sanskrit.
Sank

India

#1402 Aug 4, 2013
Vinod S wrote:
<quoted text>
You Idiot Kannada is the Language totaly borrowed from Tamil and Sanskrit and if u remove sanskrit and Tamil from Kannada. there is no language called Kannada.Think Before u write u Bloody fat head.
Sorry, Tamil borrowed from Kannada.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1403 Aug 4, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
I discovered when I was in Math Class.
Please name a few fractions just to prove how much trash you still carry.If you are not serious in constructive arguments why pock in this forum
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1404 Aug 4, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha Ha..for a change, why don't you prove Tamil is older that Sanskrit.
Go through the sites for proof.^Tamil is elder to Sanskrit^
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1405 Aug 4, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes only during the period of 2^nd to 7^th century, there after Sankrit swallowed Kannada , Telugu and Malayalam but Tamil managed to get rid of Sanskrit and today it is almost free from Sanskrit .And most of the tamil literature came into existence by Jains from Kannada.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1406 Aug 4, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed some more details.Albert Einstein, is also from IIT, Chennai. Mahabaratha was translated from Tamil.
How inadvertently you spoke the truth! Even Ramayana was by Valmiki from South.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1407 Aug 4, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Albert Einstein lifted the fourth dimension whole sale from Sanskrit.
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

#1408 Aug 5, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
Sank, It is Proved that Kannada is borrowed from Sanskrit because the script of sanskrit can be used for kannada and all other languages in india. but it cannot be used for Tamizh and Vice versa, this indicates Tamizh and sanskrit are different. However the Tamizh words used in Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam is not included the Sanskrit. Please throw your egoism and Think Broadly.
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

#1409 Aug 5, 2013
Sank wrote:
<quoted text>
CHARAN = COCKHEAD
Sank, Its True.
there are Few which you need to take into your Empty Brain.
Onnu which Became One in English
Sarpam became Sarpent
Manidhan became Man
There are some more words which were borrowed not all. And its true. However you are with empty brain please do not grow your generation same as you.
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

#1410 Aug 5, 2013
Mcm wrote:
<quoted text> Good, " Many other south Indian languages still preserving actual dravidian words ".not tamil. that is the correct statement.
Hey Mcm, the Pure Drividian Language is Tamil.
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

#1411 Aug 5, 2013
Mcm wrote:
<quoted text> It is Not the answer. My statements are True. Dont vomit foolishness. Others will laugh loudly!!!.
You Must give the Perfect Answer. You Agreed that Malayalam is copied or borrowed from sanskrit then how sure that the Malayalam is not borrowed from Tamil.
for example "come here" is "ingae va" and in old tamil its "ivv-idathukku va" and in today's malayalam its "ivvadae va"
prove now. for your info the word Malayalam means Malai - Aal Malai is Mountain and Aal is to Rule. Malayalargal in Tamil indicates the rulers of the mountains / hills. the above is just an example i can prove many like that. Most of my freinds are Malayalese not only the freind they are best and they agree that Tamil Language is the Mother of Malayalam Language. Please agree. and do not give foolish arguements.
Yashee

Kolkata, India

#1412 Aug 5, 2013
Tamil is the oldest my friend..... Sanskrit means "polished" it didnt exist till 1500BC even that.... The vedas were written in prakrit.... Sanskrit is a beautiful language but it isnt the mother of all other languages... 1st show me evidence of sanskrit in the earlier times.... The evidence of Tamil being older than sanskrit is Tolkapiyam (5000BC)
Vinod S

Bangalore, India

#1413 Aug 5, 2013
Vivek Nema wrote:
Yes Vedha is right ...
Gandhiji who got us our freedom is from Tamilnadu. India's first Prime Minister J L Nehru is from Tamilnadu, Nobel laureate Hargobind Khorana is from Tamilnadu, discoverer of zero (0) Aryabhatt is from Tamilnadu, to name a few
Mr. Vivek, Please google the below.
1. "Bodhidharman" to be the third son of a Tamil Pallava king from Kanchipuram.
2. Sir C V Raman 3. Siva Ayyadurai 4. Srinivasa Ramanujan
5. A P J Abdul Kalam (you may say that he is a Muslim but he is a Tamil Muslim. Actually Tamils are against the religion and very far from the Religion.
5. Illayaraja 6. A R Rehman and there are famous directors too.
Tamilistheoldest

Sydney, Australia

#1414 Aug 5, 2013
Both languages are indeed extremely ancient but Tamil seems to be the oldest by far. The meaning of Tamil itself means self speak or one's own speech while the meaning of Sanskrit is polished or refined. This itself demonstrates that Sanskrit just cannot be the oldest and Tamil definitely is older. I don't think we should argue over both languages as they are both something we should be proud of.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1415 Aug 5, 2013
True, we need to be proud of Thamizh and Sankrit.But the problem is Arabs, Greeks, Dutch, Portuguese , French ,Europeans hijacked sacred original Sanskrit manuscripts. Also history was distorted to the extent Indian roots antiquity need to be rewritten.So much trash is being created today that will affect future generations who do not know to read Thamizh or Sankrit and all other regional languages. While Tamizh was embraced by all religions in India, all ancient records were destroyed by the floods.Hence we have to look for other countries for proof.Hence the more constructive arguments for proof are required and sincere interest in knowing the proud history of motherland is necessary as well as the contributions to Tamizh by so many countries are to be brought to common man knowledge. Now I wish to know how Tholkappiam , the Tamizh Grammar^s antiquity can be proved ? Also for Silapathigaram and Manimegali.How do we correct wiki record that three Sangams are only myth and there is no proof. Indiran was worshiped by Tamizh people .Do this give any definte indication of antiquity of Thamizh?
Rithika

Chennai, India

#1417 Aug 6, 2013
jacob tirunelveli wrote:
<quoted text>
dear karuppannan, kumari and kandam are not sanskrit words dont speak anything without knowledge.kumari is virgin in tamil and kandam is continent.the name itself tells you the history of mankind. and tholkaappiyam is a tamil word. thol means old and kappiyam means guarded literature.kaappu-guarded,iyam -literature there is no meaning for kaappiyam in sanskrit. dontwrite whatever you think. understand tamil and then write .your name karuppanan is tamil means black elder brother.sanskrit is a language that was created to cheat others.dont be cheated. love tamil love history
Awesome replay & I am reading all your comments..excellent brother.
Rithika

Chennai, India

#1418 Aug 6, 2013
Mahadeva wrote:
Sanskrit is the oldest living language of India simply because it's all pervasive in modern day Indian languages (even Tamil has borrowed).
Going by the discovered manuscripts and literary works, Rigveda is considered the oldest 1500BC, and hence onceagian Sanskrit takes the crown of Oldest language.
Kannada, has the oldest inscripts (Nishadi) from the Proto-Old Kannada days. Also the oldest Tamil inscription dating back to 350BC has generous Kannada words (refer the scholar Iravatham Mahadevan). So in all essence of the oldest language, Sanskrit certainly is. Of the oldest spoken languages in India, Kannada and not Tamil takes the crown.

Are you idiot, Sanskrit was no more & it was dead language.

Tamil is oldest language & living forever..... Muddeva
Rithika

Chennai, India

#1419 Aug 6, 2013
jacob tirunelveli wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.kool in tamilnadu we learn about all history indian,international. but in north india u learn only north indian history. you dont know anything about tamil and its history. if you read history of tamilnadu written by a north indian author, there it will say that tamilnadu is a small village and mumbai is situated near newyork.dont be silly.your language stands nowhere near tamil. you people dont even now to speak sanskrit. but tamil is living since 10000 bc till now. 10000bc is according to the first literature in tamil. but we still dont know the real year tamil was born it may go beyond 10000bc. who said tamils are tribals. take a small example of our railways. noone in north india buys ticket to travel in unreserved class and if the ttr comes to check that he will be killed.recent news say that. but look at tamilnadu everybody even the illiterates buy ticket. now say who are tribals...
They can't replay on this...Excellent...keep it up brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 740,267
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Lost In Transition 173,856
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min feces for jesus 227,884
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Aura Mytha 259,721
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min well 95,539
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,209
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 543,117

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••