Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Peace

India

#1367 Jul 28, 2013
Tamilan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Read about Agasthiyar and then say sanskrit is elder than tamil
Early man was always born warrior...coz there was no other profession bigger than that. To protect tribes every tribal men was a warrior. So nothing special happened with Tamils ! U too know the history and evolution too.
IndusChild

Ahmedabad, India

#1368 Jul 28, 2013
Hey all the fools listen... Sanskrit is the oldest language in the world and universe known as "Dev Bhasha". It has scientific significance. And the next oldest in India are Prakrit and Kannad of Indian land. Tamil is a crap African language that was assisted by an Indian Saint sent by lord Shiv Ji to educate the demons. Otherwise this language called tamil has no significance in Bharath. It is not at all Indian
Rithika

Trichy, India

#1369 Jul 29, 2013
shiva wrote:
I prefer sanskrit as the oldest language.
My dear u prefer what you want as wish, But the true "Tamil is the oldest language in the universal.
No one can hide....
Rithika

Trichy, India

#1370 Jul 29, 2013
jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so idiot. understand what we comment. i said tamils had no religion. they worshipped sivan who is the father of tamils. the first religion reached tamils was jainism. do you understand. whatever you say indian tamilian are blah blah... who are you to give us a seperate country. you idiot live in our land. respect us. you fools want to seperate every one by telling tales. and do you know one thing hindi and sanskrit originated in turkey.. recent researches say that. why should a true indian learn a turkies language. this is dravidam. you learn tamil. dharmam may seem to loose in front of adharmam but dharmam will definitely win that is fate...
Excellent boss.
Rithika

Trichy, India

#1371 Jul 29, 2013
Peace wrote:
Because we were barbarian we fought the brits. I know you were happy in the hands of your white masters :) because of your Innocence it took pretty long for freedom . You are extra silent. When I cant support a Paki in my country I cant support a Tamil in SriLanka. and Yes to count the number of Tamil silent and peaceful Tamil rowdies goto Madurai and Mumbai. Tamils are people who never gel up they find faults in every other human who is non-tamil except their white masters ! Stupid orthodox race

Super...bamboo gave him for learn.
Sanju

Ashburn, VA

#1372 Jul 30, 2013
djp wrote:
<quoted text>true most fact.every indian must realize this
oho!!! Other south indians were going to Tamilnadu to study the tamil words! It is possible now, but years ago, was it Possible?
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1373 Jul 30, 2013
Tamil -- Malayalam 1. Vizhi - Mizhi 2. Meendum - Veendum 3. Pavalam - Pavizham 4. Vaanam - Maanam etc. Can u Say which is formed First ? Answer is Dravidian Origin.? I thought that The word "Dravidam" has a similarity with "Thiruvithamkoor" (Travancore)(Kerala Dynasty). Anybody to protest ?
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1374 Jul 30, 2013
Hey all South Indians, Are u ready to find out " Pure DrĂ£vida words " which used in all South Indian Languages ? Eg: Naan, Njaan, Nenu, Naanu
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1375 Jul 30, 2013
Is there any evidence to prove, these Kings (chera-chola-pandya-pallava) used Tamil to speak ??//Kings dont need to speak with local peoples//. Just like our prsdnt dont understand south Indian Languages! But he is the head. DONT SAY ALL Things ARE FROM MADRAS. Cheras has Kerala relation, Their capital was in ThiruVANCHIkkulam, Kodungallur(muzris).
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1376 Jul 30, 2013
Vetri = victory ???
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1377 Jul 30, 2013
Dear Mcm
1.Silapathigaram was a creation by Chera king^s brother .And king were well versed in Sanskrit and Tamil.
2. Most early temple inscriptions starts first with Sanskrit line one and then followed by Tamil.(Meikeerthy)
3.Telugu and Kannada speaking Kings also patronized Tamil willingly.
4.True only Pandya kings promoted Tamil from time immemorial.(SANGAM LITERATURES)
5.Till today many counties currency has tamil words and Mauritius currency has Tamil numbers also
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1378 Jul 30, 2013
Mcm wrote:
Hey all South Indians, Are u ready to find out " Pure DrĂ£vida words " which used in all South Indian Languages ? Eg: Naan, Njaan, Nenu, Naanu
First find out when and where the word Dravida came into existence.Before the word Dravida, find out also for words Dramili, Tamily, Tamulu.Also find out pure Tamizh , telugu, Kannada and Malayalam words eliminating Sankrit words.
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1379 Jul 31, 2013
Hi Muthaliyar, there is a link to Chera Dynasty. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheraman_Juma_...
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1380 Jul 31, 2013
((Wikipedia Says)) Chilappathikaram is written by Ilango adigal (Brother of Chera King Chenguttuvan) who residing near ( Thiruvanchikkulam, Kodungallur). But he is not malayalee! Only a Jaina poet !. In Kerala, Kodugallur Bhagavathi Kshethram [Temple: Related to the Kannaki](Near ThiruVANCHIkkulam) was a Jaina Temple. What is the Conclusion ??? Question for Mudaliar.

“I am a Sri Lankan Tamil ”

Since: Jan 10

Sri Lanka

#1381 Jul 31, 2013
It's indeed tough to figure the the oldest language of the world. Though we are unable to pinpoint one, there might be some tell-tale evidences which take us somewhere closer to the answer we long for. Tamil and Sanskrit yet fit into the list of contenders for the oldest language of the world. By far, the oldest history records point to the origin of Tamil slightly being earlier than Sanskrit.

I am not trying to spot the absolute oldest amongst the contenders, but here again we are left with six options to argue with. Tamil, Greek, Latin, Luthunian, Gothic, Sanskrit make up that comprehensive list. Arriving at the most fitting one with the exclusion of the rest is something extremely difficult, then again we learn that every contender has its unique backgrounds to be recognized with.

The topic becomes rather succinct if we are to discuss on the oldest language of India. In order to snuck out the older among Tamil and Sanskrit, we are left with plenty of evidences to talk about. I have gone through several of the nail-biting arguments here before, and this time around, I can see some are trying their best to unearth the hidden truths that lies behind.

Let us discuss them in detail. Brahmi script (which primely encompasses the Tamil Brahmi) which was elicited in the ruined sites on clay tablets drew the vigour of the scholars upon its exploration. Scholars believe it to be the oldest language in the world. In 1995, Alex Collier came out with the shocking truth that the whole world once spoke a single language called "TAMIL", which later turned indisputable.

Though we claim meretriciously that Tamil and Sanskrit exchanged words among themselves, the concordance of comparatively fewer words between the two make it hard to decide which had an upper hand over the other. Common sense dictates here again to indicate that the precedent Dravidan language should have been downright dominant on Sanskrit in its every form of "construction".

Jaw-dropping attestation after attestation accumulate to validate the originality and the earliest origin of Tamil. The remnants in the island of Lemuria (Kumari kandam) had the imprints of ancient Tamil, and the masterpiece of Thirumular named "Thirumanthiram" dates back 6000 BC which shifted gears towards Tamil's oldest existence.

NASA once announced Sanskrit was the oldest Scientific language and it had all the elements in it. But a slew of good counter-punches here and a slew of fine attestations there- Tamil was right back in it, catching up the list of the strongest contender for the oldest language. And probably it was just a template- there were still a lot of work to be done.

With the logical sequence of events added to it, what we get is that Tamil got through a kind if rough patch upon the presence of Sanskrit and then found its groove right again. Dr. K.Loganatha Muttarayan's research indicates that Sumero-Tamil is the foundation of Sanskrit. Sumerian is the Tamil of first CanKam.

He found out that Sumeru, the cradle of civilization in Mesopotamia is none other than Kumari which is largely considered the cradle of Dravidan civilization. This was really the key here. This leads to the speculation that since Aryan culture started to overpower that of Dravidans, self-abandoned Aryans were desperate to brand Sanskrit as the front-runner of all the languages, basically which itself is a derivation of Tamil.

A little bit changes here and there made the abrupt difference. In fact the silverware-laden season of Tamil started to fade into oblivion with the introduction of Sanskrit. Hence the arrival of Sanskrit, it has been a see-saw battle between Tamil and Sanskrit so that a conspicuous discrepancy of which followed the other was apparent.

“I am a Sri Lankan Tamil ”

Since: Jan 10

Sri Lanka

#1382 Jul 31, 2013
We're not here to weave a romance and say it's all down to the power the language-speakers held in their respective periods which determined the existence, but if the trajectories are precisely tracked, it was Tamil which would be the first to notch the prominence, outclassing the rest of the field. It's true that there's certainly no even-pitch to base our arguments, yet a significant degree of proofs deliver a date for Tamil stretching back to many thousand years.

There's not much separating the two, but Tamil itself left an impression everywhere at rather a whirlwind pace, so that we couldn't ask for anything better to attest to its relatively ancient origin. Known as the sole root of all the existing languages in the world Tamil is dotted all among the other languages, Sanskrit, too, not being spared.

Tamil words are incorporated into different languages around the world and the list just goes on and on. Tamil-Oorppurathi Hebrew- Youpratis, Tamil- alai , Armenian- Alik, Finnish- Allok, Arabic-alija, Tamil-thigiri hebrew-thigris, Tamil- Thirayar, Greek-Thiriyar, Tamil-Koll, russian-kolyu English-kill, Tamil- muthu Sanskrit-muktha, Tamil- maram Laffish- mar, Tamil-kai, Hebrew-coin are a few among the plenty. So the substantiated evidence just heaps on to elucidate Tamil's background from every research circuit.

The words in Biblical Hebrew perfectly matches with that of classic Tamil, and at a time when the vowels and the phonetics were lacking in the former, the Tamil language definitely imparted a great deal of words to carve out the sacred Bible. CAIN [H7014 Qayin (kah'-yin)], thus ko+in, ko means king in Tamil and in means give birth to someone hance coin or Cain means bringing birth to a baby from king. Similarly EL SHADDA [H410 &#1488;&#1461;&#15 00; 'el (ale), H7706 &#1513;&#1463;&#14 73;&#1491;&#1463;& #1468;&#1497; Shadday (shad-dah'-ee)], thus el+sadha, el-light in Tamil and sadha- always or continually, hence el sadha means ever-lasting light.

Preponderantly, sanskrpit words were formed from Tamil, introducing an "R" in the middle. Picinai of Tamil was altered to Preshnai, Padhittai of Tamil got altered to Pradhistai, Padi of Tamil got altered Pradi, Vaiththam of Tamil was altered to Braptham, so the argument on Sanskrit's ancient origin is totally blanked by the latest testaments. Even by revisiting some of the fragmentary memories from the past, we are sure that Tamil fire began burning brighter even before Sanskrit.

"Eloi, Eloi Lama Sabacthani" was one of the original saying of Jesus being fixed on cross. Yet again we can interpret it using the Tamil language. El- Sun in Tamil, Lama- Saint in Tamil, saba or Saava- death, Tha- give, Ni- you. "Oh god oh god, you give (me) the death". In the midst of the intense pain Jesus suffered, elite Jesus conversed with the Almighty via the original Tamil language.

As indicated in the "Passion of the Christ" movie, Jesus called the god "appa" which means father in Tamil. The oldest Buddhist literature named "Manimekalai" too was written in Tamil. Let alone the undecipherable scripts, we are yet able to resort to the important books to extract the truth. UNESCO comprehensively declared Tamil as the "OLDEST LIVING LANGUAGE" in India, but still failed to make a comparative remark with Sanskrit.

In my opinion, Thamilans should not be befuddled by the wavering remarks the others are coming up with. If you hold your nerves in the important moments and deliver the attestations to foster the incredible Tamil language's oldest history, you can elegantly position Tamil not merely as the oldest surviving language, but as the oldest language of the world, which is, in fact, the sole precursor of all the living languages.
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

#1383 Jul 31, 2013
Malaya (Malaysia) has no relation with "Malayalam" ! Canada has no relation with "Kannada" ! I mean....similarities without relation.
funnytamilian

London, UK

#1384 Aug 1, 2013
ha ha ha.. such a funny debate..
you know what.. a debate should be with points from both the arguing sides.. not just one side giving points and others just deny it without evidence.
i can easily see that the people who oppose tamil have the "My eyes are tied and the world is blind" attitude.
I am tamilian .. if you prove with evidence that sanskrit is older than tamil am ready to accept..
dont just push your egoistic jealous thoughts on tamils here.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1385 Aug 1, 2013
Mcm wrote:
((Wikipedia Says)) Chilappathikaram is written by Ilango adigal (Brother of Chera King Chenguttuvan) who residing near ( Thiruvanchikkulam, Kodungallur). But he is not malayalee! Only a Jaina poet !. In Kerala, Kodugallur Bhagavathi Kshethram [Temple: Related to the Kannaki](Near ThiruVANCHIkkulam) was a Jaina Temple. What is the Conclusion ??? Question for Mudaliar.
Dear Mcm
Do not quote wiki , do your own research,In today^s internet all those trash and poison injected during British are all being sent to backyard of Vatican.If you want to know about Bhagavathi , read blogs of AjitVadaikayil. Also, for KERALA read some travelers/ Portuguese report translated in English.However what is the difference between Malayalam and Tamil spoken language and not the scripts of respective languages.Is there any relation with Kodun tamil or Malayalatamilu? Also, if sanskrit and tamil words are eliminated from current Malyalam ,what is left to speak?
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1386 Aug 1, 2013
Dear Mr Unbiased SRILANKAN

Well, to add any past and new archeological explorations, Ancient Tamil literature are required for sensible interpretation along with our epics,and Puranas.
How do we reorient the language learning and align with current knowledge available in other languages. Sometime before I read that Tamil thatha could get married because he was learning Tamil and his father in law agreed to give his daughter on that account ^saying that he can make a living because he was learning Tamil.^

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Cat 41,936
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Greatest Hits 286,677
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Rabbis on the Run 690,433
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 1 hr Rider on the Storm 5
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Rabbis on the Run 124
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 4 hr Big Al 598
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Rabbis on the Run 989,722
More from around the web