Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
joe

Coventry, UK

#1290 Jun 10, 2013
Sanskrit is older as many of the languages in India is base on it or has roots in Sanskrit.
Karthick

Los Angeles, CA

#1291 Jun 11, 2013
I must admit nobody knows 100% for sure in this matter
nevertheless Tamil is strongest of the two as it has thousands of books compared to Sanskrit more over Tamil is going strong.
Raman

United States

#1292 Jun 11, 2013
Tamil is an one of very ancient language in India. We can not say when tamil language was born.

sanskrit language came from Aryan who is migrated from Iran and rest of nearest countries from India (Hindustan). But we can estimate is when it was born.
Arya's population majority is more in india.

Nowadays most of states speaks "Hindi",After couple of years latter we can not say "Hindi" is
mother-tongue of that states.
ayyan anand

Bangalore, India

#1293 Jun 12, 2013
Yes i am also tamilan i proud of my language
Baba surendra

Hyderabad, India

#1294 Jun 15, 2013
Tamil is the only and one oldest language in barath.Be proud to tamilian.
Baba surendra

Hyderabad, India

#1295 Jun 15, 2013
I am proud to be a tamilan because tamil language is one of the oldest and ancient in the world.
Kaushik

Mumbai, India

#1296 Jun 15, 2013
One logical reason Sanskrit -- sumskrita see dictionary sum - Latin Krita Greek - sumSkrita - all put to gether perfected !!
Also Tamil is the most imperfect language in terms of interchangeable phonatics for words - Sanskrit is picture & computer perfect. ample proof !!
keanu13 wrote:
Hi
There is hot debate between north India and south (especially in Tamil Nadu) regarding the oldest language?
Many claims that Tamil is the oldest where mythic stories (let's assume if its true) suggest Sanskrit is the oldest!
My Question is there any scientific proof exist?
wise guy

Bangalore, India

#1297 Jun 15, 2013
ganesh wrote:
Tamil is the oldest my friend..... Sanskrit means "polished" it didnt exist till 1500BC even that.... The vedas were written in prakrit.... Sanskrit is a beautiful language but it isnt the mother of all other languages... 1st show me evidence of sanskrit in the earlier times.... The evidence of Tamil being older than sanskrit is Tolkapiyam (5000BC)
This is so completely wrong. Vedas were not written in prakrit but in vedic sanskrit. Sanskrit has 2 parts classic sanskrit and vedic sanskrit. Vedic sanskrit was almost existent till it was revived by panini much later. Tolkapiyam dates back to 1000 BC. Vedas spoken not written date back to 4000 BC
wise guy

Bangalore, India

#1298 Jun 15, 2013
Sanskrit itself is derived from some extinct indo-european language and tamil is derived from sumerian or akkadian language.
wise guy

Bangalore, India

#1299 Jun 15, 2013
Karthick wrote:
I must admit nobody knows 100% for sure in this matter
nevertheless Tamil is strongest of the two as it has thousands of books compared to Sanskrit more over Tamil is going strong.
Problem is only tamilians say this around. Ask any linguists from the world and they will give you a different answer. The problem with tamilians is that they are too proud of their language to give intelligent opinions on anything else..
wise guy

Bangalore, India

#1300 Jun 15, 2013
Sanskrit has to be the oldest language since even in tamil nadu temples the sholakas are in sanskrit and not in tamil.
Many confuse sanskrit with classic sanskrit which i agree came much later around 1500 B.C when vedas were actuall written. but 2000 years before the shlokas were passed through oral tradition hence vedic sanskrit is much older than tamil.
Hence the shlokas are all in sanskrit.
nakshatra

Bangalore, India

#1301 Jun 15, 2013
hey tamils I respect tamil but you cant do this the whole world knows sankrit the oldest language so don't be stupid ok
nakshatra

Bangalore, India

#1302 Jun 15, 2013
wise guy very nice you proved it uncle bravo iam just kid of 11 years
Peace

India

#1303 Jun 17, 2013
arasu wrote:
tamil is the oldest language than sanskrit
10,000 years old tamil stone scriptures found in river cauvery bed by archaeoligists
north indian racists try to hide the truth and lifting sanskrit
Ok. Then ask Tamilnadu researchers to dive and bring out the truth to the people. Why blaming racists? Are there no Archelogists in TamilNadu which will not hide?:D
mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1304 Jun 17, 2013
Yes, Archeologists in Tamilnadu alone cannot bring out the truth which was hidden for over thousands of years. It is imperative to revive all regional (local)languages of India, Barathvarsha more so all South India languages, TAMIL, KANNADA, TELUGU , MALAYALAM, all have left historic and literature foot prints all over India if not whole world.Then only Euro, German centric distorted history can be rewritten. This is not one generation^s work.Here it is not supremacy of any language that is important but cooperation and coordination among oldest relgions records and deciphering secret messages of Vedas, Puranas, Epics must be a continuous process and understand the poisons inducted by vested interests. Incidentally, it is heartening that Panyapuram temple in South India with continuous record of 1300 years if not over 3000 years? was spared from demolition by the efforts of Tamilnadu Archeologist department and local residents unity without cast, tribe differences.
Peace

India

#1305 Jun 18, 2013
mudaliar wrote:
Yes, Archeologists in Tamilnadu alone cannot bring out the truth which was hidden for over thousands of years. It is imperative to revive all regional (local)languages of India, Barathvarsha more so all South India languages, TAMIL, KANNADA, TELUGU , MALAYALAM, all have left historic and literature foot prints all over India if not whole world.Then only Euro, German centric distorted history can be rewritten. This is not one generation^s work.Here it is not supremacy of any language that is important but cooperation and coordination among oldest relgions records and deciphering secret messages of Vedas, Puranas, Epics must be a continuous process and understand the poisons inducted by vested interests. Incidentally, it is heartening that Panyapuram temple in South India with continuous record of 1300 years if not over 3000 years? was spared from demolition by the efforts of Tamilnadu Archeologist department and local residents unity without cast, tribe differences.
Temples came into existence coz of Hinduism, which was a religion defined by Hindu brahmins...which few friend told were Aryans. So oldera temple in tamilNadu older will be the link to Sanskrit as Priests/Brahmins in Temple used Sanskrit for rituals far before it was written. Simple !
Peace

India

#1306 Jun 18, 2013
mudaliar wrote:
Why TamilNadu government can send tamil Archaelogists to check if North Indian Archaelogists are hiding the facts or not :D . TN government only can ask people to come on streets for revolution on stupid reasons but not do all this. Coz even they dont want the truth to come out. Keep blaming and let the truth be away coz general public will not talk only what is told by leaders ...:D
mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

India

#1308 Jun 21, 2013
THAMIZH is the oldest language according to me and as well to the western researchers with historic record. All accept western researchers and not the indian historians.In india SANSKRIT is said to be the oldest language as north is quite large.Really speaking hindi is much related to persian and not to sanskrit. All claim sanskrit as they think hindi is a version of sanskrit.
sanskrit did not survive till now .
tamil did it..........
sirajdeen

Bangalore, India

#1309 Jun 27, 2013
ulagil mudhalil thondriyadhu tamizh mozhiye endru aaraichiyaalargal kooriyum ungal samaskriradham thaan thondriyadhu enbadhai neengal kooruvadhu murai agadhu. sarithirangalum varalarugalum tamizhe mudhal mozhi endru arivithadhai neengal yen ariyavillai.
sirajdeen

Bangalore, India

#1310 Jun 27, 2013
Tamil is the oldest and the first. many of the scientists proves that. But the any of the scientists can not able to prove the year which of the year it can be started. Tamil starts in Sumerian continent and now it can speaks only by a single state known Tamilnadu. Tamilan endru sollada thalai nimirndhu nillada........ thamizhandaaaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Clearwater 87,945
Yanbu Gays (May '15) 7 min octafus 19
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 24 min Randyballs 4
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 27 min Johnny 198
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min God Is Dead 619,172
Forbidden sex 39 min sinaa158 8
Ladies what's your size preference 41 min sinaa158 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min God Is Dead 977,211
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 665,182
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 hr Devil number 666 466
The Future of Politics in America Sat Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web