Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Indian

Bangalore, India

#1269 May 30, 2013
I think wild animals are far better than you guys.even they don't know any language.you all go to hell ass0les.
Alexander

Chennai, India

#1271 Jun 1, 2013
When Ariyan came to India, Dravidan or dramila or tamila are living in Sindhu. These people were worshiping Pasupathi or sivalinga. Present day, most of Siva temples are found in Tamilnadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra and some in Himalaya range rather than those North India plane. In North India, people say ram ram rather than siva siva. Karthikekan or Murugan and Aiyyapan or Aiyanar of the form from Siva are worshiped here rather than North. Before Ariyan came to India, Hinduism was flourished in India. After Ariyan came, worship of vinshu and brahmma stared. Before Ariyan came here, Dravidan or dramila or tamila or one of dravidan language was there in India. Then how one can accept it is Sanskrit which is oldest. Anyway, Sanskrit is now dead. Which is living language, ie four south indian language, when we place it in order that comes Seyyul tamil (here, maximum roots words are found in Seyyul tamil which is link to four languages), tamil, telugu, kannanda and malayalam.
yogi

Kolkata, India

#1272 Jun 1, 2013
Shame on tamil ppl...yhis ppl like pakistan they will.necer accept the reality..kannada is d oldest living language on world..k...for proof...look at guieness world record book....u ppl r really waste...u wanna proof..k i will give u go to google and type (kannada is) and (tamil is)..u ppl only know the answer..after seeing that put an ice cube in.ur pant k
bala

Mumbai, India

#1273 Jun 1, 2013
Ori thingarlu prapanchapu athi purathana bashallu telugu okati edi dhelli pradhana nvaya staname oppukundi miku enduku teliyadam ledu
kriths

Pondicherry, India

#1274 Jun 4, 2013
hi everyone it's neither sanskrit nor tamil it's the one and only SUMERIAN (LANGUAGE)WHICH DATES BACK TO AROUND 3200 BC OR SOMETHING
Sivan

Atlanta, GA

#1275 Jun 4, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Sanskrit was created by lord siva! Dude man created language to communicate. God does not require any particular language to communicate!
Sivan was created by Indus civilization and indus was dravidian which makes sanskrit a sub fallen of sect of Dravidian civilization
Sivan

Atlanta, GA

#1276 Jun 4, 2013
Sivan was created by Indus civilization and indus was dravidian which makes sanskrit a sub fallen of sect of Dravidian civilization
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1277 Jun 7, 2013
Sumerian is the oldest language in the world. Although Sanskrit forms the base of almost all spoken languages today, it is not the oldest.
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1278 Jun 7, 2013
So there is no reason to fight about which Indian language was first cuz there were language before them...
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1279 Jun 7, 2013
It is also important to remember that written language does not give an accurate estimate to how old a language is , merely when it was written down . It could've been spoken for centuries before script was developed.
vignes kvr

Coimbatore, India

#1280 Jun 7, 2013
tamil has a history dates back to 20000BC.historians tell that "lemuria" continent existed.in tamil literature it is mentioned as"kumari kandam" and it had 46 countries.so tamil is oldest language and tamilian is the first human also they are first people to have a civilization.
Historyoflanguag e

Steffisburg, Switzerland

#1281 Jun 7, 2013
vignes kvr wrote:
tamil has a history dates back to 20000BC.historians tell that "lemuria" continent existed.in tamil literature it is mentioned as"kumari kandam" and it had 46 countries.so tamil is oldest language and tamilian is the first human also they are first people to have a civilization.
Where does it have a history? When was it mentioned in literature? Was the history written down 20000 BC?
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1282 Jun 8, 2013
Historyoflanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it have a history? When was it mentioned in literature? Was the history written down 20000 BC?
There is no wAy that it is 20000BC, I think you meant 2000. Sumerian was already written down 3000BC which means it was probably spoken already long before it was written down.
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1283 Jun 8, 2013
And to say that they were THE first humans with civilisation is ludicrous. All humans came from southern Africa. The bushmen or koi san people had complex societies before anyone else. Africa itself had great civilisations that were lost. Making a claim that tamilian people are the first humans is denying scientific fact
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1284 Jun 8, 2013
I do not mean to say that Tamil is not the oldest language in India that may very well be true. But in a global sense it is not the oldest and is definitively not the cradle of human lineage.
arasu

Saudi Arabia

#1285 Jun 8, 2013
tamil is the oldest language than sanskrit
10,000 years old tamil stone scriptures found in river cauvery bed by archaeoligists
north indian racists try to hide the truth and lifting sanskrit
leo

Mumbai, India

#1286 Jun 8, 2013
Hi guys Someone said that Sanskrit is Shivas Langugae if its created by by the god (who doesnot exit) why still the brahimins are only knowing that if their only related to the god (nebiours) if you think about thlkapium is writen in 2200 yaers back then you think how the reviloution are in that language. tamil have no root language its have lot of contemprery changes only, but there are provens sanskrit have many language oriented and try to stduy whos are telling that Snaskrit is old language about PALI, mandirian, still in brahimins are in the higest position so they not giving opretiniuty to resarch thier own languages
vignes kvr

Coimbatore, India

#1287 Jun 9, 2013
Historyoflanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no wAy that it is 20000BC, I think you meant 2000. Sumerian was already written down 3000BC which means it was probably spoken already long before it was written down.
one thing i want to tell here that in suerian they used words which are in tamil.For ex. sumerians mentioned "ur" for a large settlement of people. in tamil it makes same meaning
Historyoflanguag e

Lausanne, Switzerland

#1288 Jun 10, 2013
vignes kvr wrote:
<quoted text> one thing i want to tell here that in suerian they used words which are in tamil.For ex. sumerians mentioned "ur" for a large settlement of people. in tamil it makes same meaning
It could be the other way around too.
joe

Coventry, UK

#1289 Jun 10, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that Sanskrit is the oldest, but Tamil Nadu might preserve archaic inflections that have been lost in the north(much of the dialect features traveled south long ago). Much could be said for other languages. Amish who arrived in the U.S. in the 18th century speak a version of German that hasn't been used in Germany proper for hundreds of years(it was preserved in the U.S., but evolved differently in Germany where the older dialects changed and were lost). In order to judge the age of Sanskrit vs. Tamil Nadu definitively, one would have to figure out how a possible precursor to both may have sounded(finding core commonalities in both) and determine which is closest to the original language if possible. There are a lot of variations in Indian dialects, so this would be an extremely ancient language indeed.
Sanskrit is older as many of the languages in India is base on it or has roots in Sanskrit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Aura Mytha 987,320
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 31 min Jimmy D Cricket 31,096
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 687,311
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Dr Who 182
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 3 hr Doctor REALITY 26
More from around the web