Chen, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Mudaliar wrote:
It is interesting Telugu is also one of the oldest language.Instead of beliefs and perceptions, let this forum seriously provide the links and research reports.Even though Sanskrit texts will score over in many counts and preserved in other countries like Germany, U.K, U.S.A, what little study do indicate that Dravidian languages roots are older and compete favorably with European languages.
Stupids dont use your name as mudaliyar and support sanskrit and insult tamil. The caste is of tamil origin. The name is nothing but a title called Mudali, which means first citizen.
Due to the process called "sankritization"(eve ry caste takes up the habits and customs of its immediate superior to reach the superior status..) many of Kallars , Maravars and agamudaya thevars became Vellalars . This process started in the Pallava period.. However, in recent times the Mudaliar surname is widely used by people belonging to various castes originally from Tamil Nadu, India and in the Tamil diaspora across the world. Most Mudaliars are Tamil people with Tamil as their mother tongue.
So dont blabber in the name of mudaliyars and shout some thing from Pune and Hyderbad. If you want to blabber you use any other names.
Stupids Insulting tamil in the name of our tamil caste is an insult for us...
riyaz

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

i said tamil older than sanskrit
Mudaliar

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

pandit wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupids dont use your name as mudaliyar and support sanskrit and insult tamil. The caste is of tamil origin. The name is nothing but a title called Mudali, which means first citizen.
Due to the process called "sankritization"(eve ry caste takes up the habits and customs of its immediate superior to reach the superior status..) many of Kallars , Maravars and agamudaya thevars became Vellalars . This process started in the Pallava period.. However, in recent times the Mudaliar surname is widely used by people belonging to various castes originally from Tamil Nadu, India and in the Tamil diaspora across the world. Most Mudaliars are Tamil people with Tamil as their mother tongue.
So dont blabber in the name of mudaliyars and shout some thing from Pune and Hyderbad. If you want to blabber you use any other names.
Stupids Insulting tamil in the name of our tamil caste is an insult for us...
Dear Pandit,
It appears you do not have the courtesy and patience to post in the forum.Yes I am a Tamilian whose ancestors root can be traced to over several hundreds of years.My native place is P.V.Kalaththoor, near Chennai..Besides this, I am proud with Tamil which is my language and never insulted as you hastily concluded. I have deep desire to know the truth and requesting in this forum to provide links and research papers to study for better understanding .Hope this forum just do not blow the trumpets only .If you can rewrite the history? which I am one among those who belive that European do distorted the real history. Also I request you to read all the posts patiently before jumping to comment that too in abusive language.
with best wishes
Mudaliar

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Recently I stumbled upon a blog which claim Malayalam is equally oldest along with Tamil.Any one interested to comment on this , please read the blogs patiently for which please punch in the Google ^Ajit Vadaikal^.
pandit

Kolkata, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Mudaliar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Pandit,
It appears you do not have the courtesy and patience to post in the forum.Yes I am a Tamilian whose ancestors root can be traced to over several hundreds of years.My native place is P.V.Kalaththoor, near Chennai..Besides this, I am proud with Tamil which is my language and never insulted as you hastily concluded. I have deep desire to know the truth and requesting in this forum to provide links and research papers to study for better understanding .Hope this forum just do not blow the trumpets only .If you can rewrite the history? which I am one among those who belive that European do distorted the real history. Also I request you to read all the posts patiently before jumping to comment that too in abusive language.
with best wishes
I'm really sorry because if the word "STUPID" I used made you fell my reply as an abusive language reply. Its because I over reacted.
My feelings came out as an uncontrollable anger because many of our kiths and kins were our own language as worthless.
And Iíve read nearly half of the comments in this blog. Just read the Jacobs comment in this blog, Itís just a fifth click to the previous page. He has provided many interesting information on his comments.
MUdaliar

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

THanks for the reply..PLease note that there is no question which is stupid but answers can be.I just entered in this post recently am trying to digest the relevent posts.Let us ignore abusive and irrelevent posts. I have beeen trying to figure out the truth without political ,religious and lingustic affinity. let us try to contribute and record the true links and rsearch papers , may take several years ' but worth it. Tamil,Tamiz, Dramila are all variants of the same language and do share lot of. similarity with Sanskrit'chinese' korean and many other languages.SOmewhere we have to start' because for many centuries' vested inersts have distorted the history and have not due credibility to South or dravidian and Brahamanical roots.May be we have to start from JAin,BUddisim,jew records available in the net first. It is an herculien task.YOu can start from cholas insead of Pallavas first.
Your coments and from like minded people will. Go long way to unravel .
thrivikraman

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

sanskrit is often referred as a north indian language but i wonder why is it not present in north indian temples where as it is used all of the tamil temples...true north indian languages are the hindi,urdu their root words may be sanskrit,but grammatically tamil is the only language which has most no.of identical words in sanskrit...sanskrit is named from samaskrutham...the letter ends with 'm' is mainly used only in tamil among the indian languages,eg.bharatha-bharatha m,ramayana-ramayanam,sundara kanda-sundarakaandam,kaala-kaa lam,...samaskrutam is a pure tamil word...sama+krutam-samaskrutam ,sama-equal,krutam-language... which means a language equal to tamil...it was created by a thamizh siththar vyasar...but though it is called equal language it cant stand before tamil which has an age of several yugas...
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Good observation by Thirivikraman.We need to collect and prepare a dictionary of words exclusively providing proof of historical timeline without political, religious, linguistic and commercial bias.Incidentally, just today I completed 120 pages of E book ,on Humor, Moroccan, and Culture by Mathew Helmekke, a look into the hidden aspects of Moroccan Culture .It is an interesting compilation where I got origin of How Hindu word came into existence which is actually Indu.Only those words similar to Indu, Indus, Indica, India,dramila,sangu,sambandam, lingam etc may give the actual timelines back to several centuries, and civilizations and in several languages. Indus languages are old and Tamil is a living old language and spoken by several faiths , but need to figure out for Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu and Sanskrit where words have been fused/borrowed by one another.
Hari

Coimbatore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Look at you.You're all making fools of yourselves.

Does it matter which language is older? Do you take pride in saying that your language is older than someone else's? Does this somehow make it superior? No, it does not.

On the contrary, this undistortion of Tamil and Sanskrit over thousands of years only proves how unimaginative and fearful of change we were as a race(No offense implied).

Language is just a mean of communication, at its essence, air vibrations and pen strokes. The age of a language does not determine its validity, or its beauty. Stop finding ways to compete and divide yourselves.

The misplaced sense of pride and over-competitiveness we Indians share needs to be sorted. The caste system can be traced back to this attitude of ours.

Stop bickering among yourselves. Zoom out. Look at the big picture. Does it matter?

Sincerely,
A 10th grade student.
Mcm

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

The old Sanskrit is formed from old Iranian language 'Avestan'. Aryans (old Iranians) came to India and borrowed alot of Indian words (Dravidian- pali, etc) and made so called Sanskrit. As its name denotes, it has thousands of 'modified'(sanskritized) Indian Words. Before the arrival to India, Aryans were not Hindus. Even the Temple concept is from INDIA, May be from Southern parts of India. Eventhough Aryans say Indian Gods say Sanskrit, devabhasha! And Ramayana, Mahabharata, vedas etc. are not written by individuals, it is only a collection of many Indian thoughts. It is the History of Samskritam (Sanskrit).
Vivana

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

hindu warrior wrote:
sanskrit is the oldest language in the world.tamil is not the oldest living langusage in india but sanskrit is.sanskrit is not a dead language.a dead language means it is not used anymore.sanskrit is still used in every hindu temple for holy rituals and mantras.there is a wrong assumption that tamil is older than sanskrit.this is very wrong.tamil evolved from sanskrit.sanskrit is not created by mere men but lord shiva himself.sanskrit is also called the language of the devas.vedas are anadhi(birthless) they are not created by god but his breath.even bhrami scripts are older than tamil.i m not degrading tamil but sanskrit is the father language of tamil and other language of the world.
Sanskrit is Aryan language and Tamil is Dravidian language .According to History Dravidians are the natives of India who lived in India.Aryans migrated from Central Asia to india crossing Himalayas via kiber and bolan passes in the Himalayas.So the people initially living in India were speaking their language Tamil. After the aryan invasion they Dravadians migrated from northern part of India to south. The aryans developed the Vedas and Sanskrit after coming to India. So Aryan Sanskrit evolved after the Dravidian Tamil language.
devaraj

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

i think tamil is divaided in dravidan. but sanskrit is compare to dravidan sanskrit is oldest.
and kannada or tamil is the world oldes 2 spoken languges.
kaff

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Tamil is old language in the world
kaff

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Tamil grand pa THIRU VALLUVAR Lives at 3 A.D, KUMARI KANDAM is the old country this time this country in the INDIAN OCEAN to TSUNAMI
jacob tirunelveli

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

tamil is the oldest language. sanskrit is derived from tamil and parkrit. sanskrit had no written form in early days. sanskrit is created to defferenciate brahmins from others. it is a mean language created by mean people.
jacob tirunelveli

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

the caste system that is told by brahmins in hindu is not what it means in the veda. the vedas meant that the region where the people came from. that is sivalingam is the map of india and kumari kandam. it is the symbol given by god himself to our anscestors. the human picturisation of siva is also resembles the sivalingam ie the indian map along with kumari kandam. the brahmins are the native of kashmir thats why it is said brahmins came from the mouth of siva. the sathryas came from punjab and the midle region of india thats why they said to come from the shoulders of siva. the vaishya are people who live in the south of nowaday india. thats why they are said to come from the thighs of siva. and the sudhras are native of kumari kandam thats why they are said to come from the feet of siva. this shows how illeterate and cunning the brahmins are. they have no idea about the vedas which are earlier written in tamil and parkrit. they just translated those vedas to sanskrit and gave us new meaning.
jacob tirunelveli

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

people please try and draw the indian map and the kumari kandam as the base ie the woman of siva lingam. it will tell you the truth. the ganga river that flows from the head of siva. the kailasam which is situated in the place where ganga starts. the pirai nila ie half moon indicating the muslims taking over brahmins in kashmir. the snake around siva's neck symbol of terror that surrounds kashmir.
india is the only country which has all climates of the world. icy mountains,most rainfall receiving sirapungi, hottest rajastan desert,sea coasts and rich agriculture land and all.
all indians beleive that we are the closest relatives of the first man created by god(if it is adam or whomsoever) we still live in the wonderful land that god gave to mankind.
Tamiliamman

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Obvious tamil is the oldest language in India. Lord shiva is a myth, and so is sanskrit being an indian-exclusive language. It is so obvious that Tamil is the oldest language because, it is in south india. Common sense 101 states that the territory least influences by foreign cultures retains its language. Before India attached itself into Asia, i'm sure they spoke some language pre-existing to tamil, which became tamil, might as well just call it tamil. It is well known tamil is oldest language of dravidian languages and that it existed independently of sanskrit. Before there were boats and ships also, tamil existed, so no interference from foreigners. What I'm trying to say is.. drop your theory, drop your pants, hit yourself in the forehead, learn tamil, forget your language, and let's make sure tamil is spoken everywhere in the world because it is the most awesomest of all awesomeness in any language. Thank you.
Kool

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Tamiliamman wrote:
Obvious tamil is the oldest language in India. Lord shiva is a myth, and so is sanskrit being an indian-exclusive language. It is so obvious that Tamil is the oldest language because, it is in south india. Common sense 101 states that the territory least influences by foreign cultures retains its language. Before India attached itself into Asia, i'm sure they spoke some language pre-existing to tamil, which became tamil, might as well just call it tamil. It is well known tamil is oldest language of dravidian languages and that it existed independently of sanskrit. Before there were boats and ships also, tamil existed, so no interference from foreigners. What I'm trying to say is.. drop your theory, drop your pants, hit yourself in the forehead, learn tamil, forget your language, and let's make sure tamil is spoken everywhere in the world because it is the most awesomest of all awesomeness in any language. Thank you.
Mr. Tamiliamman nobody wants to learn that idiotic uncivilised pathetic aapdiyaaaaa saapdiyaaaaa language Tamil. Tamilians don talk they shout :D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 730,273
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,187
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Commander Bunny 259,312
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 27 min Falcon 670
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min guest 537,128
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr shyam 988
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr River Tam 225,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,954
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••