Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1029 Dec 20, 2012
anurag wrote:
listen carefully to what I am about to say
sanskrit was the language of the gods and dates back to hundreds of thousands of years tamil was gifted by lord shiva to a particular sage agstya muni i think and then he spread it over south india got it???
1.Are you ^saying^ about spoken word or written word?
2. Can you name the hundreds of thousands of years in any language other than Tamil?
3.True, I am new to this forum and trying to figure out Which ^Dravidian^(currently I am forced to use this word) language is oldest. So far arguments on Malayalam ,Tamil , Kannada and Sanskrit are having good story to harp upon .Well whatever be the result,enjoy the life in this new Mayan year and Kali yug about 5100. Can some one inform the name of the current year with proof.
4. For you lord Shiva is not god of gods.Is the Paramsiva or Sadasiva? OR without a name and form?
5. Well if this research bring out the wisdom of historians, philosophers , indolgists, archeologists without hidden agenda, it will be a new beginning!
Vivek

Mumbai, India

#1030 Dec 21, 2012
I don't know which is the oldest but I know that which is a best Language?

Sanskrit is the best suitable language for the computer according to Forbes.Therefore,Algorithms of Computers in USA will now be made of Sanskrit.

Well most of the research in Sanskrit is going on Germany more than India because they know the treasure behind this language.

Sanskrit is the only language which can combine all the languages and written in one form.

However,It is also the mother of all European languages.
Bharath kumar

Hyderabad, India

#1031 Dec 25, 2012
Krt wrote:
Sanskrit is the oldest language in India. Tamil is the oldest living language in India. The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.
Both the languages have not borrowed any word from the other one in their evolution. Brahmins whose ancestors spoke Sanskrit embraced Tamil later. They replaced few Tamil words with Sanskrit. Today, the current generation is replacing Tamil words with English. After some 100 years, either these kids will speak English completely or Tanglish. So, the oldest living language of India also may die completely or partially.
I have seen a lot of discussions over this issue but i recently came to know that there is another language which comes in competition with Tamil .. "Telugu" scripts were found in andhra pradesh in 1977 which were dated back to around 3000-2500BC. At that time the collector of Karnool district in andhra pradesh named "Suryan KasiPandyan" made some excavations regarding the sasanas found in that area has believed that telugu is older than Tamil and later in 1980 another Tamil linguistic expert "Subramanyam Malandi" continued the research in this regard and confirmed Suryan KasiPandyan's assumptions. He even submitted some papers regarding this to several universities after that the Tamilnadu govt made him stop the research as that would prove Telugu language older than Tamil. The research papers are now in Chennai Central Library. The Paper he submitted earlier is " Historical Studies of Andhra Pradesh... A comparitive Study of Tungabadgra and Valley".

This paper was recently came out as one of the other universities to whom he sent the paper in early 80's was published...
thrivikraman

Ashburn, VA

#1032 Dec 28, 2012
Bharath kumar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen a lot of discussions over this issue but i recently came to know that there is another language which comes in competition with Tamil .. "Telugu" scripts were found in andhra pradesh in 1977 which were dated back to around 3000-2500BC. At that time the collector of Karnool district in andhra pradesh named "Suryan KasiPandyan" made some excavations regarding the sasanas found in that area has believed that telugu is older than Tamil and later in 1980 another Tamil linguistic expert "Subramanyam Malandi" continued the research in this regard and confirmed Suryan KasiPandyan's assumptions. He even submitted some papers regarding this to several universities after that the Tamilnadu govt made him stop the research as that would prove Telugu language older than Tamil. The research papers are now in Chennai Central Library. The Paper he submitted earlier is " Historical Studies of Andhra Pradesh... A comparitive Study of Tungabadgra and Valley".
This paper was recently came out as one of the other universities to whom he sent the paper in early 80's was published...
3000-2500 BC is no longer a competitive to language which is older than 20000 BC...in 1980 tamil nadu government stops the reasearch?...doesnt looks funny...the only government after independence who is really loving tamil language was the kamarajar's government...after him the government formed is of not the tamil's but dravidians like Mgr a malayali,karunanidhi a telugu,and jayalalitha a kannadiga...if your statement is really true the government in 1980 would have encouraged that research...
stephen john

Hyderabad, India

#1033 Dec 30, 2012
i belive that my mother tounge(tamil) is the first language in theworld,for this very simple example is thirukural and tholkapiyam."KAL THONDRA MAN THONDRA KALATHEY MUNN THONDREYA MUTHA KUDI EM THAMIZH KUDI....VANAKKAM
Mudaliar

India

#1034 Dec 31, 2012
It is interesting Telugu is also one of the oldest language.Instead of beliefs and perceptions, let this forum seriously provide the links and research reports.Even though Sanskrit texts will score over in many counts and preserved in other countries like Germany, U.K, U.S.A, what little study do indicate that Dravidian languages roots are older and compete favorably with European languages.
sarathadevi

Coimbatore, India

#1035 Dec 31, 2012
tamil only the oldest language not only in india but also the world..its certified by Unesco...tamils came from the great Sumerians race..its was the oldest culturized race the world before mayans..so we have no doubt and no need to compare tamil to other language...i have lot of proof for that..
krishna tamilan

Ashburn, VA

#1036 Dec 31, 2012
tamil only the oldest language
not only in india but also the
world.
krishna tamilan

Ashburn, VA

#1037 Dec 31, 2012
world.
its calld "kal thonra kaalaththai vida mun thonriya mootha molhi semmolhi tamil"
Dravidan

India

#1039 Dec 31, 2012
ilan chitran - until we are fools our history will be destroyed
kappalkumar

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#1040 Dec 31, 2012
tamil is the oldest indian langauge in the world, because it was born 20000 years before christ (bc) tamil language speaking peoples 12 crors.
karuna

Bangalore, India

#1041 Dec 31, 2012
Sanskrit is not Indian language. it's hindo-uropian family language. but, Tamil is a only Indian language. it's only true. Tamil age is started sangam periods ago....
prabhakaran

Pune, India

#1042 Dec 31, 2012
Hi,

Tamil is one of the oldest language than sanskrit. Millions of people in Indians mother tongue is Tamil and it is indegenous for them. Sanskrit is a Aryan language which came only at mid of the history.

Tamil really rockzzzz..........

Regards,

Prabhakaran
prabhakaran

Pune, India

#1043 Dec 31, 2012
How dare you peoples can say that f**king sanskirt is the oldest Indian language are you guys are Indian. I am totally ashamed of your proposal........

Really Tamil is the Indian Language it is still spoken by millions of people in India and world wide.

Also Tamil is the base language for Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, and Tulu
prabhakaran

Pune, India

#1044 Dec 31, 2012
*********sanskrit was the language of the gods and dates back to hundreds of thousands of years tamil was gifted by lord shiva to a particular sage agstya muni i think and then he spread it over south india got it???*******

Hi,

How dare you can say like this uuu f**king aryans and other indians..........

Regards,
Prabhakaran
sathiyamurthi

Bangalore, India

#1045 Jan 1, 2013
My dear friends ,really this comparison no need, because tamizh language is the very oldest language in the world.

you are asking which language is oldest in india?
i said to you thamizhians(sombody called dravidans) are lived entire asia and africa so many results unesco producing now a days.

when the brahmins entered into india then only sanskirit born. if anyboady have a doubt find the truth with your open mind.

sanskirit language using more than 900 tamizh words...

Dear Alll

Bangalore, India

#1046 Jan 1, 2013
one of the oldest language is tamil-no doubt about it, its very clear and history which can talk about dravidians and their lanuage. Before Aryans migrated to india, in india we hindus were worshiping and doing poojas and prayers in their own language not in sanskirit. Aryans moved to india from central asia but not dravidians migrated from any where ?. today as indian let us not fight for it but its only about the fact.
Mudaliar

Bangalore, India

#1047 Jan 1, 2013
krishna tamilan wrote:
world.
Please provide proof ,links etc.Do we speak and write till to day the same Sangam Tamil?We keep repeating that Aryans came to India.Is it not European created wrong history?When we talk of oldest language and civilization, it refers to which period and geographical area?
roxychelseasharz

Bangalore, India

#1048 Jan 1, 2013
of course im in usa i like tamil and i love tamil sanskrit is a dumb,idiotic **** languge
roxychelseasharz

Bangalore, India

#1049 Jan 1, 2013
but now wen i came 2 india i fell in luv with tamil
I LOVE U

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,465
Kemerburgaz Franke Servisi FRANKE 342 OO 24 Fr... 6 min frances11 1
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 8 min Ricky F 23,964
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Ink 559,217
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Johnny 4,752
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Dr_Zorderz 265,033
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 13 min SempaiGames 85
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min joe 441,761
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr joe 604,882
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 175,582
More from around the web