Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
tamil

Tirupati, India

#992 Nov 21, 2012
Ram wrote:
samskruth is oldest language in this world, Telugu,Tamil,Kannada,Malayalam born by samskruth
please give some proof for sanskrit is the oldest language

Tamilan from banglore has given such a nice information and proof for oldest language tamil
Peace

India

#993 Nov 23, 2012
Ram wrote:
samskruth is oldest language in this world, Telugu,Tamil,Kannada,Malayalam born by samskruth
now one new langauage came...samskruth !:D lol
Proto-World

Jasper, GA

#994 Nov 26, 2012
The language Proto-World is thought by NASA to be the first language ,and all other laguages have evolved from this.
It is my understanding that they found text proof that it exist.
Proto-World

Jasper, GA

#995 Nov 26, 2012
It is my understanding that this discussion is over
which is older Samskruth or Tamil ,but it is also over whats the worlds oldest language and many people fine this by looking the topic up.and my suggestion is that Proto-Wold is the truly oldest language.

I hope this helped you in some fashion or way.
Dravidan

India

#996 Nov 26, 2012
Shashi wrote:
Records have proved that kannada language is older than Tamil. So Tamil cannot be the oldest language in India.
Are you a srilankan?
FRIEND

Chennai, India

#997 Dec 1, 2012
keanu13 wrote:
Hi
There is hot debate between north India and south (especially in Tamil Nadu) regarding the oldest language?
Many claims that Tamil is the oldest where mythic stories (let's assume if its true) suggest Sanskrit is the oldest!
My Question is there any scientific proof exist?
Hi Friend, the ans is actually both...:) Mother Language of Dravidian race is Tamil from which all other South Indian Languages were born. Sanskrit is the mother language of Arian race from which all the other languages including Hindi were born.
kaviyarasan

Bangalore, India

#998 Dec 3, 2012
only two types of language are there. hetrogenious and homogenious. Tamizh only the hetrogenious language and another languages are homogenious language. WORLD OLDEST LANGUAGE IS TAMIL.
Siddharthan

Chennai, India

#999 Dec 5, 2012
Sanskrit came from ariyans and ariyans wer the one who came to india. So it clearly tells sanskrit s not an indian orginated. It came around 300bc.
Another indian language tamil haš recorded a literature called THOLKAPIYAM which was written in 5000bc.
Undoubtdly TAMIL s d oldest of all..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1000 Dec 5, 2012
I thought it was sanskrit!
dfghr99

India

#1001 Dec 6, 2012
Avestan/Old Persian language is the oldest in Asia.
sathish

India

#1003 Dec 7, 2012
Hate Tamil wrote:
One thing we can notice is you tamil idiots are self obsessed about your f**k all language. Tamil is the worst language existing in this world, ask any non-tamil guy about his opinion on the language and the people... U will get an idea how f***ed u guys r..
<quoted text>
yaka vara yilum nakakka sokap par sol illu ka pattru
do u know the meaning of this kural then u wont type the above

ni yella tamil padika num na nakku vadikanum(tongue clean)
santukannada

Bangalore, India

#1005 Dec 8, 2012
kannada is oldest language, tamil is derived from kannada.....this is true true true..........
Him

Europe

#1007 Dec 8, 2012
Jan jam mdaj mejat kmja
Mcm

Europe

#1008 Dec 8, 2012
Tamil is the original Indian language. Sanskrit not a Deva Bhasha, it is Only A "VEDA BHASHA". and Sanskrit is only a intermixed form of ancient europian's language an Dravidian language. Europian syntax and dravidian syntax are entirely different. All Indian Languages use Dravidian syntax. Malayalam and Tamil are interrelated dravidian languages.
Dravidan

Chennai, India

#1009 Dec 8, 2012
Sanskrit is not even eligible to compete with Tamil, tamil has so many proofs not only in india but all over the world but sanskrit doest not even in india.
venkatesan sreenivasan

Bangalore, India

#1010 Dec 9, 2012
How my dear kannadigas can say kananada is best. let them give detail of in how many counries kananda is national r second language like tamil.
Dravidan

Delhi, India

#1011 Dec 9, 2012
venkatesan

actually they are not kannadigas, they are sanskritans posting as kannadigas to split tamil from dravidan people
Dravidan

Delhi, India

#1012 Dec 9, 2012
ignore them that is not the topic, that is out of topic
Indian

Bangalore, India

#1013 Dec 10, 2012
My god.....You guys believe everything the british told u.When will u all understand that the aryan invasion theory was a british trick to destroy our unity.And even after 65 years you do not care to know the truth.

Be Indians.If you ever think the north indians do not belong here let me remind you one thing, we are all from the so called LEMURIA or Kumari kandam and we donot belong here too.

BTW this is only for those who used the word north indians
Indian

Bangalore, India

#1014 Dec 10, 2012
venkatesan sreenivasan wrote:
How my dear kannadigas can say kananada is best. let them give detail of in how many counries kananda is national r second language like tamil.
See my friend the oldest language not judge based on the number of countries the language is spoken.If so all the european languages are oldest.But that is not the case, these languages were introduced to other countries by pirates who are now referred to as navigators in the history books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min hojo 665,079
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Lonestar 87,825
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 21 min Liamm 414
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min New Age Spiritual... 977,171
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 27 min Antonio 176
The Future of Politics in America 50 min Nohweh 122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 184,649
More from around the web