Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
jitendra

India

#638 Aug 28, 2012
sanskrit is the oldest language and tamil is the worst language
vedha sharma

India

#639 Aug 28, 2012
jitendra wrote:
can you able to prove this ?

don"t comment without proof like this.

i think you are uneducated fool fellow.

tamilians told many proofs in this forum . if you can able pls

reject our proofs with your tallent.
jacob tirunelveli

Chennai, India

#640 Aug 29, 2012
jitendra wrote:
fools argue without proof. they dont accept inteligent people's arguement. because fools have no idea of what they are argueing. mr.jitendra you have to grow up a lot.sanskrit is a language found to win tamil in literary. brahmans are the worst creature in this world. they give their wives to the kings and later to english men to earn positions in the kings court.
kabilan

Chennai, India

#642 Aug 30, 2012
don't mess with tamil.....
Karthik

Mumbai, India

#643 Sep 1, 2012
Analogy is
Tamil is like apple
Sanskrit is like samsung
Samsung copied apple
vedha sharma

India

#644 Sep 3, 2012
what happend for the sanskrit supporters?

no one ready to write in this forum

i think they have no idea to prove sanskrit is oldest

ok guys

tamil supporters win in this topic and also prove the truth.

" nandri for all thamizh supporters "
Peace

India

#645 Sep 4, 2012
Brother Jacob..the texts mentioned in Kankam was written by who? The person Who writes anything is restricted to what he has seen and specially when it is such a late period in history. And FYI Lord Mahavira and Lord Sidharth came from a Hindu Family. If u say Aryans wrote their own History then what is the proof that the texts written in cankam period are valid and true !
shiva

Kolkata, India

#646 Sep 4, 2012
I think Sanskrit is the oldest language.
shiva

Kolkata, India

#647 Sep 4, 2012
I prefer sanskrit as the oldest language.
pooja

Kolkata, India

#648 Sep 4, 2012
Sanskrit is the mother of all languages as it is called as language of god.The proto Tamil-Kannada which is the combination of south-dravidian is second oldest language in India.Because both Kannada and Tamil contains some words obtained originally from Sanskrit.After some years Tamil and Kannada seperated as individual languages.
As im a history student i studied most of the books about Indian languages.Dont quarrel for the sake of languages.Be proud to be Indian.
rama

Kolkata, India

#649 Sep 4, 2012
Russell ferido wrote:
Hey people were in the university proved the Tamil language is the oldest language in India over the world.so fight with this matter....south Indian are the beginning...
plz give the name of university which proved tamil as the oldest one
vedha sharma

India

#650 Sep 4, 2012
rama wrote:
<quoted text>
plz give the name of university which proved tamil as the oldest one
first you give me the name of university which proved sanskrit is oldest than tamil
vedha sharma

Ahmedabad, India

#652 Sep 4, 2012
still sanskrit supporters have no idea to prove sanskrit is oldest than tamil. again and again they write blank matters.
Peace

India

#653 Sep 4, 2012
Tamil Scientists who came to Nalanda to study in ancient India studied in Tamil. They forced ther teachers to teach in Tamil :D . This is a proof :P
maria

Coimbatore, India

#654 Sep 5, 2012
hello i student of classs 8th and i have a big confusion that is Which is the oldest language i referred many books and its told that according to north India its sanskrit but according to south india its Tamil so which is the right answer tamil or sanskrit
vedha sharma

India

#655 Sep 5, 2012
maria wrote:
hello i student of classs 8th and i have a big confusion that is Which is the oldest language i referred many books and its told that according to north India its sanskrit but according to south india its Tamil so which is the right answer tamil or sanskrit
hello maria you have no doubt about . tamil is the oldest,greatest,welthest and long living language than sanskrit.

a well furnished language have grammer . in this way sanskrit's first grammer is wrote by paanini in b.c 500 but tamil have its first grammer book is wrote by agathiyar in b.c 9850 in the kaaichina vazhuthi pandian king's court. but some stanza only we have and secound grammer wrote by tholkaapiyar in b.c 1450 in the nilantharu thiruvir pandian king's court. now we have full version of this book . so tamil's grammer is 8000 years old than sanskrit's grammer.

thus the way tamil is oldest language than sanskrit
jacob

Kolkata, India

#656 Sep 6, 2012
mr. peace i have already explained you . your hindu vedas came in 500 bc only. tamilians had no religion. first religion to reach tamils was jainism. second was buddhism and third hinduism.
so, you aryans can never deceive dravidians anymore.even before jainism arrived tamils worshipped one god that is shiva.who is suppose to be the anscestor of mankind. aryans copied this and added caste in it and divided tamil people. your anscestors wanted to kill tamil but fortunately tamil lived.and tamil will live for ever. and please give proof for your aurguement. dont mention religion.
jacob

Kolkata, India

#657 Sep 6, 2012
i can give you one living example.. rajiv gandhi the aryan sent troops to kill the same gene of india the srilankan tamils.that traitor paid the price for his work. now sonia is taking revenge. just tell me any one country that kills its own people. this is what the truth.. the racism of aryans. better luck aryans try this to any other language you may win. but why for 3000 years you are trying to kill tamil and not succeeding.
vedha sharma

India

#658 Sep 6, 2012
jacob wrote:
i can give you one living example.. rajiv gandhi the aryan sent troops to kill the same gene of india the srilankan tamils.that traitor paid the price for his work. now sonia is taking revenge. just tell me any one country that kills its own people. this is what the truth.. the racism of aryans. better luck aryans try this to any other language you may win. but why for 3000 years you are trying to kill tamil and not succeeding.
very good mr jacoob . i apreciate you for told truth boldly.
Imran

Marrickville, Australia

#659 Sep 7, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that Sanskrit is the oldest, but Tamil Nadu might preserve archaic inflections that have been lost in the north(much of the dialect features traveled south long ago). Much could be said for other languages. Amish who arrived in the U.S. in the 18th century speak a version of German that hasn't been used in Germany proper for hundreds of years(it was preserved in the U.S., but evolved differently in Germany where the older dialects changed and were lost). In order to judge the age of Sanskrit vs. Tamil Nadu definitively, one would have to figure out how a possible precursor to both may have sounded(finding core commonalities in both) and determine which is closest to the original language if possible. There are a lot of variations in Indian dialects, so this would be an extremely ancient language indeed.
It is no shame in being the second oldest language i know tamil is much older than sanskrit Cos i am from tamil nadu but i am no tamil. All the temple in india has tamil inscribed onto the stones of the temple including north india. i have travelled to north india as well. Aryan brahmins who where invading india then ruled by cushite tamils and other languages . they tried erasing tamils past though they unsuccessful for 4000 yrs in doing so. Sounds mysterious true infact when english was here A man named caldwell understood there is some kind of diff between north and south indians though ppl have been mixed . there have been both fights and love happening. Though the fight from aryan brahmins was poison inside them where as tamil indians were very forgiving and to their shame they had no clue about aryan plans until caldwell broke the shell. Many know english who looted india there is another side to them the ones who fought social evil brought in awareness that hey tamil idiotic lovers you let any one and every one and embrace them with open arms but dont think every body is like you . thats when tamils realised my oh my these guys are actually speaking the truth. they few tamils when screaming these thing on top their voice. It was accepted with british effect cos, british had more conviction. Now the aryans though they live all over india strategically sounds like plan right ? yes i know , they have all their love for their extinct language sanskrit and not any other regional language no matter what . though they were accepted they took all the love and never were true to the natives. One good thing they did is they made the natives realise they have to be united otherwise some idiot will come in play havoc. Now they know ppl will find their true love if they use sanskrit so they use a modified version of sanskrit and urdu and farsi together and call it hindi. They give their lives to confuse ppl of india and force the language on all . ONe language that doesnt obey them is Tamil the next language group is veer marati . Marati are very similar to tamil when it come to being brave. Then ofcourse punjab sikhs and our very talented bengali's. For Tamil's the language is much more important than their livlihood, such is thier love . If there was language that all of us in the world spoke it was tamil. Alex collier. He says then ppl got so powerful they dint want to belong to one language they wanted to create their own which actually seperated us even further.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Huff post is a joke 286,594
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 687,339
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Wizard Droppings 31,215
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dotard tracker 987,372
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 2 hr NewsGlobal 1
strangers f*ck wife in adult theater (Jul '15) 2 hr BandT 16
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 3 hr Poo Bears 7
More from around the web