Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
shashi

Pasadena, CA

#6402 Dec 15, 2014
jacob tirunelveli wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha your post itself is a guiness record of false statement.
keep it up. dont give up. i dont know how kannada came in this topic. please read history of south india. cholas ruled from kundoor to kanjipuram. cheras ruled allover kerala. and pandians ruled the south. where did kannada came in the picture.
Dude read again 7th std history book where is cholas are came from...
Mahesh

Singapore, Singapore

#6403 Dec 16, 2014
arabian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you and your colleagues might have done the research from Tamil Nadu itself .
Why dont you people come out of that country of tamil nadu and see India as it is .
Arabian I am not in tamilnadu. I am studying in NUS in Singapore. Please don't say that there are only Tamil historians here
arabian

Chennai, India

#6405 Dec 16, 2014
Mahesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Arabian I am not in tamilnadu. I am studying in NUis a in Singapancient. Please don't say that there are only Tamil historians here
Mahesh,
My only point for all the tamilians is not to put tamil over and above all of India .
Why have you people been against Hindi and Sanskrit for over half a century ?
Just because your politicians have brainwashed you for not learning and speaking Hindi ? Hindi in its literal and scriptural forms is exactly parallel to Sanskrit .
There is no comparison possible between Tamil and Sanskrit .It is like comparing a piece of stone to a mountain . I have at least some knowledge and regard for Tamil but that does not mean that I should agree to the Perception of the common speakers of Tamil that their language is supreme and above all the others .
Just see to this - Tamil is spoken by 5 per cent of Indians and belongs to 5 or 8 per cent of land of India. Hindi is spoken or better still understood by 90 per cent of Indians .
In all the states of India , is Hindi accepted and promoted either the first or the second language except for in Tamil Nadu .
Why this disregard and humiliation for Hindi in your state ? Because your politicians want it that way ,so as to isolate Tamil Nadu from all India and be able to rule like they want ?
Time is for you people to realize and come out of this misconception.
As of Tamil language , I can quote you one thousand examples where Sanskrit and Hindi is used invariably. Also present day Tamil has has very grievious shortcomings in that they distort the original names and words from English , Urdu and Hindi.
Like , for your consideration , China is spoken as Saina in Tamil, Delhi becomes Delgi in Tamil , Joseph is Soseph , Peter is Beter , Bulb is callef as Pulp , Charge is Sarge , Hakim is Akim , and so goes on the list .
The other languages ' words are not correctly pronounced by speakers of Tamil .That is a very serious drawback of Tamil as many basic alphabets have no equivalent in Tamil .As for classical Tamil , that is an extinct language as none of the Tamil speakers know of that .
Sanskrit , although is not spoken , but without Sanskrit all the languages in India collapse including also Tamil. Sanskrit is such a unique language that no one is speaking but everyone is using it .If you know Sanskrit , you already know of any Indian language to a good extent .
You want any historical references? Find out about Ramanujacharya who was born in Sriperumbudur but his documented works have combination of Sanskrit and Tamil.
Try to know of AdiGuru Shankaracharya who was born in Kaladi in Kerala but he was a genius in Sanskrit .His language was Malayalam but he interpreted the Upanishads in Sanskrit as all the world knows them today .
Tamil is as much dependent on Sanskrit as is any other language in India.
Leave alone the classical Tamil as that is practically the extinct language , simlar to many other ancient languages.
arabian

Chennai, India

#6406 Dec 16, 2014
Also , for all patriots of Tamil , I would like to prove the inadequacies in Tamil in presnt day use .
It should be noted that I have nothing against Tamil language .

1. Please tell me the name of your native country in Classical Tamil .
Is it India ? No.India is an English name derived from Greek name Indika .
Is it Hindustan ,?No , that is an Arabic name .
Bharatvarsha is the original and ancient name of our country derived from Mahabharat that is Sanskrit.
So what is the Tamil name for your country ?
Anyone knows ?
Or Tamil country is out of India ???.

2. Tell me in classical Tamil the name for your religion.
Off course we are mostly Hindus but that is again an Arabic name .
For Sanskrit and all dependent language s , their religion is called as Vedic religion .
What is the equivalent in Tamil ?

Any knowers of classical Tamil , please tell me the names of your country and religion in Classical Tamil so that you can justify your claims of Tamil being the original language.

Since: May 14

Singapore, Singapore

#6407 Dec 17, 2014
Arabian,

I have to make you clear of few misconceptions.

1.I am not sure of Tamil Nadu but in Pondicherry the Hindi and Sanskrit are Second languages and the school students are free to choose Hindi or Sanskrit too, other 2 languages are Tamil and French. Among these 4 anybody can choose any language.
Most probably Tamil Nadu also have Hindi as second language - because Pondicherry doesn't have an educational board on its own, it depends Tamil Nadu education board. If we have Hindi as second language then probably Tamil Nadu too should have Hindi and Sanskrit as 2nd language.

2. It is a false prpoganda that Tamil Nadu is prohibiting Hindi. If Tamil Nadu prohibited then the schools wouldn't have had Hindi as second language. But Hindi don't have much popularity in Tamil Nadu and that's why there is no demand for Hindi teachers and eventually few schools dropped their Hindi faculties and don't have Hindi department, but if you look at prestigious and good schools or colleges you will defenitely find Hindi and/or Sanskrit departments.

3. Regarding pronunciations - China is said as Seena from very long time. Although tamil have 'CH' sound people prefer to say it Seena. But, more than Seena you can find people saying it 'China' because many Tamils can speak english and the english speakers rate is increasing. Most of those who are born after 90s are able to speak English now. Similary Delhi is said as Delli, not Delgi. Joseph is pronunced as Joseph only, rarely you can find Soseph. Peter is called as Peter. Charge some people say sarge but younger generations say Charge.

4. If the language is easily graspable people can learn. Almost all the languages in India have their alphabetical system similar to Sanskrit, therefore they find it relatively easier to study than Tamils. Our alphabets are just 247, hence it takes time for people to pick up a language which has more than 1000 alphabets. Though the school kids in Tamil Nadu who take Hindi as 2nd language don't have such difficulty as they study it from early age. There are many practical difficulties for Tamils to learn Hindi, first know this reason.

5. You said "many basic alphabets have no equivalent in Tamil " - What do you mean by basic alphabets? For you information - Other languages in India use a prepared sound as alphabets, but Tamil is the only language which use Templates as alphabets, therefore it has only 247 alphabets. I know its complex explanation and difficult to understand. Let me put it in a simple and strange way >> Tamil is the only Indian language which can produce reversed sound of any word when read from right to left<<

6. You cannot say without sanskrit all languages in India would collapse. Although it is true with the modern Tamil as it is heavily influenced by other languages. But Classical Tamil is entire a different in its range and has the independent nature, it depends on no other language, therefore it was the first language to be awarded Classical Language status in India , and Sanskrit followed it the next year. You want to check if Classical Tamil is independent?? Read Tholkappiam, Thirukkural and other classical works. You will know what Classical Tamil is.

7. Ramanujachariy and Sankarachariya are brahmins, who have origin from the North of India. They are trained in Sanskrit from a very early age, therefore they are fluent in Sanskrit.

It's okay if you don't understand any of my 5 points. Do ask me in case u need more explanation on the above points. Thanks.

Since: May 14

Singapore, Singapore

#6408 Dec 17, 2014
arabian wrote:
Also , for all patriots of Tamil , I would like to prove the inadequacies in Tamil in presnt day use .
Bharatvarsha is the original and ancient name of our country derived from Mahabharat that is Sanskrit.
Anyone knows ?
For Sanskrit and all dependent language s , their religion is called as Vedic religion .
Any knowers of classical Tamil , please tell me the names of your country and religion in Classical Tamil so that you can justify your claims of Tamil being the original language.
Just because many Tamils don't know Classical Tamil doesn't mean there is no name for all in Tamil..

1. The ancient name of India mentioned in Classical Tamil texts >> 'Naavalam' <<

2. The ancient religion followed by the Tamils which are mentioned in the Classical Tamil texts is >>'Aseevakam'<<

Any more doubt???
Kumaran

Mumbai, India

#6409 Dec 17, 2014
Tamil is the ancient language in the world. It is the root of all languages. Most of the languages have Tamil words including Sanskrit. Sanskrit is not the oldest language. Sanskrit created by Aryans after arriving Indus valley where old Tamil was the language of son of soil.
arabian

Chennai, India

#6410 Dec 18, 2014
Neelakaran wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because many Tamils don't know Classical Tamil doesn't mean there is no name for all in Tamil..
1. The ancient name of India mentioned in Classical Tamil texts >> 'Naavalam' <<
2. The ancient religion followed by the Tamils which are mentioned in the Classical Tamil texts is >>'Aseevakam'<<
Any more doubt???
Neelakaran,
Good to see that at least some people know of the Classical Tamil .
1.In all Tamil Nadu schools , Tamil is the predominant language and English is the second language and there is no room for Hindi .This is in line with tradition started by your politicians 80 years ago when they started whst is known as Anti Hindi Agitation.
Hindi is spoken and understood by over 90 per cent of your countrymen and it is only in Tamil Nadu that Hindi was and is still barred from speaking and learning .

2.Your giant politicians went to the extent of shoeing and burning public ly the Gods , Ram , Krishna on the logic that thry are North Indians .They even would burn the constitution of India .How would you rate these actions and thought s which were fuelled by the desire to prove the superiority of Thamil over everything ? In order to glorify Tamil , your people would go to the extent of insulting and mutilating the Gods of your fellow countrymen ?

3. No one can never provr the origins any of the language s we are discussing, but see the relevance of Sanskrit to the population and culture of India. Tamil stands no comparison to Sanskrit in any regard but your people are bent on imposing the superiority of Tamil so much so that they behave like fanatics .

4 . Ramanujacharya was an Iyengar Brahmin which is a Tamil terminology.
Shankaracharya was a Namboodiri Brahmin who hail from Kerala .
They have nonorth indian origin s.
Or you mean that all Brahmins are North Indians and all South Indians are non Brahmin Dravidian s?
Native Indian

Dubai, UAE

#6411 Dec 18, 2014
arabian wrote:
<quoted text>
Neelakaran,
Good to see that at least some people know of the Classical Tamil .
1.In all Tamil Nadu schools , Tamil is the predominant language and English is the second language and there is no room for Hindi .This is in line with tradition started by your politicians 80 years ago when they started whst is known as Anti Hindi Agitation.
Hindi is spoken and understood by over 90 per cent of your countrymen and it is only in Tamil Nadu that Hindi was and is still barred from speaking and learning .
2.Your giant politicians went to the extent of shoeing and burning public ly the Gods , Ram , Krishna on the logic that thry are North Indians .They even would burn the constitution of India .How would you rate these actions and thought s which were fuelled by the desire to prove the superiority of Thamil over everything ? In order to glorify Tamil , your people would go to the extent of insulting and mutilating the Gods of your fellow countrymen ?
3. No one can never provr the origins any of the language s we are discussing, but see the relevance of Sanskrit to the population and culture of India. Tamil stands no comparison to Sanskrit in any regard but your people are bent on imposing the superiority of Tamil so much so that they behave like fanatics .
4 . Ramanujacharya was an Iyengar Brahmin which is a Tamil terminology.
Shankaracharya was a Namboodiri Brahmin who hail from Kerala .
They have nonorth indian origin s.
Or you mean that all Brahmins are North Indians and all South Indians are non Brahmin Dravidian s?
Mr.Arabian,

1.Hindi is not a indian origin language .Hindi (AD 1100 & Sanskrit (BC 1500 ) language didn't have own writing script.

Hindi and Urdu are the same language. Hindi is written in the Devanagari script and uses more Sanskrit words, whereas Urdu is written in the Persian script and uses more Persian words

Note :

Hindi language is mix with ( Sanskrit , Urdu , farisi or Persian , Arabic ..now day English etc ) more than 60 year Indian Government implement hindi language in INDIA. That's reason now day all people speak Hindi language. example Indian government implement malayalam language in INDIA. exactly all indian now speak Malayalam . it is fact.

Come to the point : Now days maximum population speak Hindi in india & Bollywood Movies watching arab people . that’s reason . Hind is not Power – only population.

Please Below the article

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/why-tamil-d...

2. In tamil Nadu temple Arch , Culture & Bhakthi movement followed entire india.

Pancha Bhoota Stalam refers to the five Shiva temples,dedicated to Shiva, a Hindu god, each representing the manifestation of the five prime elements of nature- land, water, air, sky, fire.Pancha indicates Five, Bhoota means elements and Stala means place. All these temples are located in South India with four of these temples in Tamil Nadu and one in present day Andhra Pradesh. The five elements are believed to be enshrined in the five lingams and each of the lingams representing Shiva in the temple have five distinct names based on the elements they represent.

Tamil Nadu only have Lord siva 5 Element Temple. & Divya Desams refer to the 108 Vishnu temples . out of 108 nealy 98 Lord Vishnu temple located in Tamil nadu & 10 Temple is outside tamil nadu.

3.do not compare tamil to any other language . We have thirukural ,devaram , Thiruvasagam , Amman Padal , Murugan padal ,vinayagar padal more than 1 lakh bhakthi songs.

U know In india bhakthi movement spread tamil nadu to entire INDIA.

All the BIG Temple builted by tamil people . we do not know how to prayer God ?

Finaly ,

Tamil language is oldest Indian native language . Sanskrit & hindi no native script . This language did not have own writing script . how is going to be national language . it is copy from some other language . that language is ?
Native Indian

Dubai, UAE

#6412 Dec 18, 2014
Mr.Arabian,

1.Hindi is not a indian origin language .Hindi (AD 1100 & Sanskrit (BC 1500 ) language didn't have own writing script.

Hindi and Urdu are the same language. Hindi is written in the Devanagari script and uses more Sanskrit words, whereas Urdu is written in the Persian script and uses more Persian words

Note :

Hindi language is mix with ( Sanskrit , Urdu , farisi or Persian , Arabic ..now day English etc ) more than 60 year Indian Government implement hindi language in INDIA. That's reason now day all people speak Hindi language. example Indian government implement malayalam language in INDIA. exactly all indian now speak Malayalam . it is fact.

Come to the point : Now days maximum population speak Hindi in india & Bollywood Movies watching arab people . that’s reason . Hind is not Power – only population.

Please Below the article

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/why-tamil-d...

2. In tamil Nadu temple Arch , Culture & Bhakthi movement followed entire india.

Pancha Bhoota Stalam refers to the five Shiva temples,dedicated to Shiva, a Hindu god, each representing the manifestation of the five prime elements of nature- land, water, air, sky, fire.Pancha indicates Five, Bhoota means elements and Stala means place. All these temples are located in South India with four of these temples in Tamil Nadu and one in present day Andhra Pradesh. The five elements are believed to be enshrined in the five lingams and each of the lingams representing Shiva in the temple have five distinct names based on the elements they represent.

Tamil Nadu only have Lord siva 5 Element Temple. & Divya Desams refer to the 108 Vishnu temples . out of 108 nealy 98 Lord Vishnu temple located in Tamil nadu & 10 Temple is outside tamil nadu.

3.do not compare tamil to any other language . We have thirukural ,devaram , Thiruvasagam , Amman Padal , Murugan padal ,vinayagar padal more than 1 lakh bhakthi songs.

U know In india bhakthi movement spread tamil nadu to entire INDIA.

All the BIG Temple builted by tamil people . we do not know how to prayer God ?

Finaly ,

Tamil language is oldest Indian native language . Sanskrit & hindi no native script . This language did not have own writing script . how is going to be national language . it is copy from some other language . that language is ?

Since: Dec 14

Mumbai, India

#6413 Dec 18, 2014
I think "sanskrit" is one of the oldest language of India"
shyam

Chennai, India

#6414 Dec 18, 2014
arabian wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahesh,
My only point for all the tamilians is not to put tamil over and above all of India .
Why have you people been against Hindi and Sanskrit for over half a century ?
Just because your politicians have brainwashed you for not learning and speaking Hindi ? Hindi in its literal and scriptural forms is exactly parallel to Sanskrit .
There is no comparison possible between Tamil and Sanskrit .It is like comparing a piece of stone to a mountain . I have at least some knowledge and regard for Tamil but that does not mean that I should agree to the Perception of the common speakers of Tamil that their language is supreme and above all the others .
Just see to this - Tamil is spoken by 5 per cent of Indians and belongs to 5 or 8 per cent of land of India. Hindi is spoken or better still understood by 90 per cent of Indians .
In all the states of India , is Hindi accepted and promoted either the first or the second language except for in Tamil Nadu .
Why this disregard and humiliation for Hindi in your state ? Because your politicians want it that way ,so as to isolate Tamil Nadu from all India and be able to rule like they want ?
Time is for you people to realize and come out of this misconception.
As of Tamil language , I can quote you one thousand examples where Sanskrit and Hindi is used invariably. Also present day Tamil has has very grievious shortcomings in that they distort the original names and words from English , Urdu and Hindi.
Like , for your consideration , China is spoken as Saina in Tamil, Delhi becomes Delgi in Tamil , Joseph is Soseph , Peter is Beter , Bulb is callef as Pulp , Charge is Sarge , Hakim is Akim , and so goes on the list .
The other languages ' words are not correctly pronounced by speakers of Tamil .That is a very serious drawback of Tamil as many basic alphabets have no equivalent in Tamil .As for classical Tamil , that is an extinct language as none of the Tamil speakers know of that .
Sanskrit , although is not spoken , but without Sanskrit all the languages in India collapse including also Tamil. Sanskrit is such a unique language that no one is speaking but everyone is using it .If you know Sanskrit , you already know of any Indian language to a good extent .
You want any historical references? Find out about Ramanujacharya who was born in Sriperumbudur but his documented works have combination of Sanskrit and Tamil.
Try to know of AdiGuru Shankaracharya who was born in Kaladi in Kerala but he was a genius in Sanskrit .His language was Malayalam but he interpreted the Upanishads in Sanskrit as all the world knows them today .
Tamil is as much dependent on Sanskrit as is any other language in India.
Leave alone the classical Tamil as that is practically the extinct language , simlar to many other ancient languages.
U stupid right from the beginning u r talking about Tamil based on informations u have known from the present cultural status of Tamilnadu and shity politicians...
U know nothing about the science of Tamil language, so shut ur mouth and don't talk n conclude urself as Tamil have no qualities to compare with Sanskrit,...

Ain't I warned u to stop talking about Tamil in ur way of perceptions based on current scenario...

Hey u googling dumb brain, come talk about science of Sanskrit language and its alphabets!!

Stop talking about a language in which u r zero
arul

New Delhi, India

#6415 Dec 18, 2014
askanush wrote:
I think "sanskrit" is one of the oldest language of India"
please don't think conduct research..... and decide..... your ans/opinion similar to our old story Five blinds & the elephant..........
shyam

Chennai, India

#6416 Dec 18, 2014
Neelakaran wrote:
Arabian,
I have to make you clear of few misconceptions.
1.I am not sure of Tamil Nadu but in Pondicherry the Hindi and Sanskrit are Second languages and the school students are free to choose Hindi or Sanskrit too, other 2 languages are Tamil and French. Among these 4 anybody can choose any language.
Most probably Tamil Nadu also have Hindi as second language - because Pondicherry doesn't have an educational board on its own, it depends Tamil Nadu education board. If we have Hindi as second language then probably Tamil Nadu too should have Hindi and Sanskrit as 2nd language.
2. It is a false prpoganda that Tamil Nadu is prohibiting Hindi. If Tamil Nadu prohibited then the schools wouldn't have had Hindi as second language. But Hindi don't have much popularity in Tamil Nadu and that's why there is no demand for Hindi teachers and eventually few schools dropped their Hindi faculties and don't have Hindi department, but if you look at prestigious and good schools or colleges you will defenitely find Hindi and/or Sanskrit departments.
3. Regarding pronunciations - China is said as Seena from very long time. Although tamil have 'CH' sound people prefer to say it Seena. But, more than Seena you can find people saying it 'China' because many Tamils can speak english and the english speakers rate is increasing. Most of those who are born after 90s are able to speak English now. Similary Delhi is said as Delli, not Delgi. Joseph is pronunced as Joseph only, rarely you can find Soseph. Peter is called as Peter. Charge some people say sarge but younger generations say Charge.
4. If the language is easily graspable people can learn. Almost all the languages in India have their alphabetical system similar to Sanskrit, therefore they find it relatively easier to study than Tamils. Our alphabets are just 247, hence it takes time for people to pick up a language which has more than 1000 alphabets. Though the school kids in Tamil Nadu who take Hindi as 2nd language don't have such difficulty as they study it from early age. There are many practical difficulties for Tamils to learn Hindi, first know this reason.
5. You said "many basic alphabets have no equivalent in Tamil " - What do you mean by basic alphabets? For you information - Other languages in India use a prepared sound as alphabets, but Tamil is the only language which use Templates as alphabets, therefore it has only 247 alphabets. I know its complex explanation and difficult to understand. Let me put it in a simple and strange way >> Tamil is the only Indian language which can produce reversed sound of any word when read from right to left<<
6. You cannot say without sanskrit all languages in India would collapse. Although it is true with the modern Tamil as it is heavily influenced by other languages. But Classical Tamil is entire a different in its range and has the independent nature, it depends on no other language, therefore it was the first language to be awarded Classical Language status in India , and Sanskrit followed it the next year. You want to check if Classical Tamil is independent?? Read Tholkappiam, Thirukkural and other classical works. You will know what Classical Tamil is.
7. Ramanujachariy and Sankarachariya are brahmins, who have origin from the North of India. They are trained in Sanskrit from a very early age, therefore they are fluent in Sanskrit.
It's okay if you don't understand any of my 5 points. Do ask me in case u need more explanation on the above points. Thanks.
Neelakaran indha paya avlo worth ila, Ivanoda comments pathu emarudhinga !

Ivan oru pidicha muttaal!

Hindi ya thinika pajuraan,
he is talking about Tamil from the information he collects from Google!

Bro he knows nothing about our language..

But he well known about our shity politicians who v also hate deeply and he have mania for media!!

His comments may sound listenable but he is just a mediator communicating wat he read!
shyam

Chennai, India

#6417 Dec 18, 2014
arabian wrote:
Anyone knows ?
Wat is wrong with u and goddamn names!!!!

Have u ever wondered when naming came into existence and wat made people start naming things!!!

Idiot!!!

Wat u mean asking name of our religion in classical Tamil???
Hahaha so u think religion existed during sangam ages???

There could be actually not even equivalent word to "religion" existed or coined in Tamil during dat period as there was no religion at all!!!!

Since there is no discrimination until invasion, there were no names for community, language,culture etc!!

Question urself inside u, dat how humans start naming themselves, think how our names are originated in d beginning, think about science of naming????.

Wat might b d source that used to name things???

Halo Mr. Pls stop googling about these questions, ask urself and try to enlighten ur thoughts to understand things!!!

Dnt simply ask silly questions like this, before asking here ask within urself?
shyam

Chennai, India

#6420 Dec 18, 2014
MrArabian
Go well through my comments, wat I imply you how know about Tamil if u r willing in further yo talk about Tamil...

Or better shut up talking as if u know about Tamil well, u r zero in it!

I don't blame cuz u r zero, it is ain't ur mother tongue or a second language u should know.
Tamil have no business with u, so better start talking about greatness of ur mother tongue and whatever u know abt it,
Share knowledge !
Go through the link i provided
shyam

Chennai, India

#6424 Dec 19, 2014
Mr.Arabian
Politicians brainwashed us here???? Huh?
Then wat about politicians from ur side, they almost turned dis multilingual nation into uni lingual I.e Hindi,
U know wat, nowadays in states like Karnataka and Andhra Hindi is dominating more than their own mother tongue...
U want all to learn Hindi, y not English, it is unavoidably made universal if communication between people u worry about y can't u choose English and leave behind us be communicating in our own mother tongue with people from my community!!
Y u r forcing people to learn Hindi?
Wat is ur point and the output u expect from the people of India?
Do they should have ability to communicate with all?
If so let us choose English as d second language this benefits people to improve illetracy rate as well as they can communicate with all other nations too, but if Hindi v cannot use it in other country!!!
or it is to wipe all languages other than Hindi!!!!
This country is multilingual mister, v r just united under one name that's it!!
If u want all people of India to communicate each other, then the logical possible first choice is only English and not Hindi!!!
Mind it!!
At d same time remember India is multilingual, once again v cannot put aside our mother tongue to learn Hindi,
Mother tongue is first,
Unfortunately, it is made a fate the second language is English which is unavoidable,
So I request u nd ur goddamn politicians to stop boasting and forcing this multilingual nation to learn Hindi!!!!
And if u really want to do favour ask our people to learn English!! Again because it is made universal and it is unfortunately unavoidable even we hate it, there is no other choice!!!
We ain't like Japanese, v r dependable!!!
arabian

Bangalore, India

#6426 Dec 19, 2014
shyam wrote:
Mr.Arabian
Politicians brainwashed us here???? Huh?
Then wat about politicians from ur side, they almlangagened dis multilEnglishl nation into uni lingual I.e Hindi,
U know wat, nowadays in states like Karnataka and Andhra Hindi is dominating more than their own mother tongue...
U want all to learn Hindi, y not English, it is unavoidably made universal if communication between people u worry about y can't u choose English and leave behind us be communicating in our own mother tongue with people from my community!!
If so let us choose English as d second language this benefits people to improve illetracy rate as well as they can communicate with all other nations too, but if Hindi v cannot use it in other country!!!
If u want all people of India to communicate each other, then the logical possible first choice is only English and not Hindi!!!
Mind it!!
At d same time remember India is multilingual, once again v cannot put aside our mother tongue to learn Hindi,
Mother tongue is first,
Unfortunately, it is made a fate the second language is English which is unavoidable,
So I request u nd ur goddamn politicians to stop boasting and forcing this multilingual nation to learn Hindi!!!!
And if u really want to do favour ask our people to learn English!! Again because it is made universal and it is unfortunately unavoidable even we hate it, there is no other choice!!!
And yes Mr Shyam,
I would disagree to the point that English can be used for communication between peoples speaking different languages within India.
If you come out of Tamil Nadu , the percentage of English speaking population is much too less to make it as a unifying language.
Because in TN , the second language is English , so it is better known and used by Tamil s.
In other states , that also includes South India , English is centred mostly in big cities .The vast majority of countrywide population s know minimum use of English .Say , for example , A malayalam talking person comes to Karnataka , he does not know Kannada and the Kannadigas do not know Malayalam , such a situation Hindi is the language that connects them and not English .Sameway for the average literate citizens from Telugu and Kannada speaking peoples where Hindi connects them .
So , I feel Hindi becomes a widely known language for communication within the majority ofcitizens of India who are unfortunate not to learn English.
Why oppose Hindi , we respect and admire Tamil and expect the same in return from them .
The best alternative is , if possible we should try to be multilingual ourselves and respect each others regional sentiments .
shyam

Chennai, India

#6427 Dec 19, 2014
arabian wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes Mr Shyam,
I would disagree to the point that English can be used for communication between peoples speaking different languages within India.
If you come out of Tamil Nadu , the percentage of English speaking population is much too less to make it as a unifying language.
Because in TN , the second language is English , so it is better known and used by Tamil s.
In other states , that also includes South India , English is centred mostly in big cities .The vast majority of countrywide population s know minimum use of English .Say , for example , A malayalam talking person comes to Karnataka , he does not know Kannada and the Kannadigas do not know Malayalam , such a situation Hindi is the language that connects them and not English .Sameway for the average literate citizens from Telugu and Kannada speaking peoples where Hindi connects them .
So , I feel Hindi becomes a widely known language for communication within the majority ofcitizens of India who are unfortunate not to learn English.
Why oppose Hindi , we respect and admire Tamil and expect the same in return from them .
The best alternative is , if possible we should try to be multilingual ourselves and respect each others regional sentiments .
But y some educated north Indians intentionally avoid speaking in English with other south Indians who don't know Hindi???
Wat is d point?

If u can communicate in English, y u avoid it even u know well the person u speak with also know English but not Hindi?

Ur point is communication, so y care about language,

Regarding other state people they can learn Hindi easily but for Tamils, it have no much connection and it is independent language and possess some Sanskrit words but not influenced by it,

By the way, pls think not that v are against Hindi unless it is forced into us
arabian

Chennai, India

#6428 Dec 19, 2014
shyam wrote:
Mr.Arabian
Politicians brainwaspoliticiansere???? Huh?
Then wat about politicians from ur side, they almoscoexistenced dis multilingual nation into uni lingual I.e Hindi,
U knowits peopleswat, nowadays in states like Karnataka and Andhra Hindi is dominating more than their own mother tongue...
U want all to learn Hindi, y not English, it is unavoidably made unin apite of whateverversal if communication bepropagating people u worry about y can't u choose English and leave behind us be communicating in our own mother tongue with people from my community!!
Mind it!!
Mother tongue is first,
Mr Shyam ,
Who are the politicians on my side ? They are the politicians for all of India who govern all of India and all India votes for them .
Maybe only in Tamil Nadu , they are not accepted, so what does that imply ?
Tamil Nadu is out of the mainstream of the largest democracy of the world.
This is exactly your politicians have been successful in doing for Tamil Nadu and its peoples .
Yes , they have brainwashed your peoples that Dravidian language and culture is in danger at the hands of Democracy of the Republic of India .
Practically , Tamil country and culture is respected all over the country , this is followed in our traditions for all Hindus to visit Madurai , Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram at least once in lifetime .Why would ruling politicians of the Indian Democratic Republic spoil that ancient , divine culture called Tamil ? Your peoples and language have never been targeted , In spite of whatever they have been doing and propagating against the fellow countrymen , only because Tamil stands high in regard for the non Tamilians as well .
Give up this outdated , fundamentalist and orthodox mindset which is a creation of your own politicians and open up to a rational , educated , modern outlook to recognise your own country and its peoples .
Mind it , I have intended not to offend anyone in above words , because our ancient culture teaches us the virtues of tolerance and peaceful coexistence. That is best explained in Sanskrit as - Vasudev Kutumbakam .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min Gabriel 982,346
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Aura Mytha 123,792
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Aura Mytha 7,791
Baiting Up Email For Scamming 3 hr Resist the urge 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,558
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 298
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Anthony MN 681,922
More from around the web