Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
manoj

Palani, India

#518 May 16, 2012
Krt wrote:
Sanskrit is the oldest language in India. Tamil is the oldest living language in India. The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.
Both the languages have not borrowed any word from the other one in their evolution. Brahmins whose ancestors spoke Sanskrit embraced Tamil later. They replaced few Tamil words with Sanskrit. Today, the current generation is replacing Tamil words with English. After some 100 years, either these kids will speak English completely or Tanglish. So, the oldest living language of India also may die completely or partially.
that tholkapiyam is the third edition of sangath tamil...., original birth of tamil is 3800bc and sanskrit is 1500bcu please refer oldest( not older) actions of our humans.... u might come to know...,that tholkapiyam is still existing in madurai,this thol..., is extracted from the previous level of tamil... plz refer n realise our tradition...., don't argive for older decades..., come to know the oldest decades of humans......, take care...
veda sharma

Trichy, India

#519 May 18, 2012
dear friend dharmikaum.
this is not answer for the topic . topic is which is the oldest language sanskrit or tamil. you said tamils killed rajivgandhi?. i asked you who kills tamil peoples and raped many womens in tamil eelam in the name of "peace keeping force". do you accept any one of your family girls raped by someone. on this way do you accept aryans are killed and raped the tamils and girls?.
Indian

Thane, India

#520 May 20, 2012
Oh my goodness!What a silly argument here for years together. Vedas have existed since eternity and Rishis have lived in this land for milleniums.

Ramayana, for example, is not a mythology. It is Indian history dating back to millions of years back. There we have enough proof Sanskrit was used. Where is 10000 BC and millions of years ago.

Go get a life guys. Stop this unproductive discussion at this point, be happy we are all Indians and live well together.
tashpre

Chennai, India

#522 May 25, 2012
tamil is the oldest language because there have been a large continent kumari kandam (lemuria) a large group of people have died that place was ruled by pandhyas and it was taken away by the sea . the king of pandhya patronized tamil and held a research on tamil the first 2 people where there held a research on tamil these 2 places were taken away by the sea but the third place was in madurai muthoor .they were many scripts written by them they r not countable so tamil is the oldest language than sanskrit
Indian

Thane, India

#523 May 26, 2012
Gimme a break. Where is 50 thousand years and where is millions of years?

Some of the finest Tamil literature are Kamba Ramayanam and Silappathikaram. While the former is completely Ramayanam the latter has over 100 references to Rama and Krishna througout the literature. This is enough proof ancient Tamils knew about these Gods and there is enough proof Sanskrit was in vogue in times of Rama and Krishna which dates back to many milleniums - take Valmiki Ramayan for example.

Please provide coherent implausible response!
veda sharma_ hohoho

Trichy, India

#525 May 27, 2012
HAHAHA wrote:
THERE ARE PROOFS MANY SANSKRIT WORDS ARE IN ALL WORLD LANGUAGES BUT NOT TAMIL
tamil can able to speak,write without sanskrit words,but sanskrit cannot able to speak, write without old tamil words. stil lingustiq researchers find lot of tamil words in yajur , sama , adarvana vedas. the meaning of sanskrit is create or furnished the old language that means sanskrit borrowed the tamil,pali words and make the new sanskrit. sanskrit have no own writing script and no pure own words. but tamil can .
Bystander

Hyderabad, India

#526 May 28, 2012
Huh! I dont know about the Tamil literature like Indian above but I know Tamil lacks many basic sounds/letters like Ha, Shaa, Phaa, Kru etc. I know Tamil has unique one sound/letter 'zha'(Tamizh) though.

Live in illusion friend! Tamil may be 50 thousand years old. Sanskrit is much much older. It is an Indian language and there is no shame in accepting it is the most ancient, come on.
athi tamilan

Pathankot, India

#527 May 28, 2012
Bystander wrote:
Huh! I dont know about the Tamil literature like Indian above but I know Tamil lacks many basic sounds/letters like Ha, Shaa, Phaa, Kru etc. I know Tamil has unique one sound/letter 'zha'(Tamizh) though.
Live in illusion friend! Tamil may be 50 thousand years old. Sanskrit is much much older. It is an Indian language and there is no shame in accepting it is the most ancient, come on.
oh friend!u you don't no about tamil.tamil is formed in 2,00,000 BC at kumari kandam(lemuria).for further information,search kumari kandam(or)lemuria in wiki.
so tamil is mother language of not only indian lang,the whole world languages.
"tamil mozhi valga,tamil mozhi velga"
veda sharma

Pudukkottai, India

#528 May 29, 2012
Bystander wrote:
Huh! I dont know about the Tamil literature like Indian above but I know Tamil lacks many basic sounds/letters like Ha, Shaa, Phaa, Kru etc. I know Tamil has unique one sound/letter 'zha'(Tamizh) though.
Live in illusion friend! Tamil may be 50 thousand years old. Sanskrit is much much older. It is an Indian language and there is no shame in accepting it is the most ancient, come on.
my dear friend bystander , i never omit sanskrit , i accept sanskrit also an oldest language in india , sanskrit also a language like tamil.but the matter of this topic we must analyse and compare the languages sanskrit and tamil .thus the way i told some information that tamil is older and well furnished language than sanskrit.tamil has already have a letter "aayudha eluththu " to pronounce the letters like ha , shaa , phaa ,kru. and also in the period of pallavas they create additional letters called " krantha eluththu ".but already tamil have " aayudha eluththu.but sanskrit still not have letter for "zha". dont be series be stable mind for any research. then only we have able to know truth. wish you for well life.
raju

Bangalore, India

#529 Jun 1, 2012
yes what u said is right, tamilians are neigros, DNA test were proved they are worst than gorilla.
I am a poor guy wrote:
<quoted text>
may be because you tamilian look like black african gorilla and of course we know gorilla are older than human .grow up kid . accept Aryan your master and be loyal to your master .
veda sharma

Trichy, India

#530 Jun 1, 2012
raju wrote:
yes what u said is right, tamilians are neigros, DNA test were proved they are worst than gorilla.
<quoted text>
my dear friend raju . first of all thanks for you for accept tamilians are oldest race in the world .but i am not blame you like you blame tamilians. because we are well cultured than you(aryan?)(you think you are belong to aryan race ).finaly you agreed tamilians and tamil language are too oldest and greatest than any other races and languages in the world. thank a lot for you and please tell this truth to your foolish aryans.
prasanth

Chennai, India

#531 Jun 2, 2012
Indian wrote:
Gimme a break. Where is 50 thousand years and where is millions of years?
Some of the finest Tamil literature are Kamba Ramayanam and Silappathikaram. While the former is completely Ramayanam the latter has over 100 references to Rama and Krishna througout the literature. This is enough proof ancient Tamils knew about these Gods and there is enough proof Sanskrit was in vogue in times of Rama and Krishna which dates back to many milleniums - take Valmiki Ramayan for example.
Please provide coherent implausible response!
Sorry 4 the break guyz!
1st of al sad news, the US Tamil sangam r stoping the funds for research on lumeria for couple of months due to some unknown political pressure 4m india ...
An Dude do u know whats the meaning for Ramayanam!!!
if 1 knows the answer for this they will know tamil is the oldest...
So pls don speak as if u know everything!
Kindly do some research on the subject or view my comments couple of months back. i can send u the research documents if u lik to see!!
steve jone

Chennai, India

#533 Jun 3, 2012
prasanth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry 4 the break guyz!
1st of al sad news, the US Tamil sangam r stoping the funds for research on lumeria for couple of months due to some unknown political pressure 4m india ...
An Dude do u know whats the meaning for Ramayanam!!!
if 1 knows the answer for this they will know tamil is the oldest...
So pls don speak as if u know everything!
Kindly do some research on the subject or view my comments couple of months back. i can send u the research documents if u lik to see!!
yes,i want to see
Pragmatic

India

#534 Jun 6, 2012
hindu warrior wrote:
sanskrit is the oldest language in the world.tamil is not the oldest living langusage in india but sanskrit is.sanskrit is not a dead language.a dead language means it is not used anymore.sanskrit is still used in every hindu temple for holy rituals and mantras.there is a wrong assumption that tamil is older than sanskrit.this is very wrong.tamil evolved from sanskrit.sanskrit is not created by mere men but lord shiva himself.sanskrit is also called the language of the devas.vedas are anadhi(birthless) they are not created by god but his breath.even bhrami scripts are older than tamil.i m not degrading tamil but sanskrit is the father language of tamil and other language of the world.
Shiva doesnt create, he destroys!
Shivan

Chennai, India

#535 Jun 6, 2012
Okay let tamil be oldest..
but I see lot of FOOLS supporting Aryan invasion
theory !

Which is a total created story...

I am sure... still tamilans will say oh i know better than anyone else. and it is truth

why do tamils want to feel seperate prejudiced feeling of being tamils on support of a created
aryan invasion theory ???
veda sharma

Pudukkottai, India

#536 Jun 6, 2012
Shivan wrote:
Okay let tamil be oldest..
but I see lot of FOOLS supporting Aryan invasion
theory !
Which is a total created story...
I am sure... still tamilans will say oh i know better than anyone else. and it is truth
why do tamils want to feel seperate prejudiced feeling of being tamils on support of a created
aryan invasion theory ???
because aryan invasion is true
prasanth

Chennai, India

#539 Jun 6, 2012
steve jone wrote:
<quoted text>
yes,i want to see
please post ur mail id wil send u the details...
yuvraj

Chennai, India

#542 Jun 8, 2012
hyderabadi biryani wrote:
it is very hard to tell. By the way, you cant split indian languages into indo aryan and dravidian, since the indo aryan migration is false, according to scientists and modern historians.

u r wrong tamil is the old language....
yuvraj

Chennai, India

#543 Jun 8, 2012
tamil is the oldest language all over world
amandha budhi

Chennai, India

#544 Jun 8, 2012
managalasasanam is the answer for Tamil being the oldest language. mangalasasanam = 4000 divine hymns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min PELE78 64,318
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 7 min Johnny 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 183,192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Truth Teller 106,580
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 281,925
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 497
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,259
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Steve III 654,272
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 973,912
More from around the web