Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#4082 Jun 24, 2014
Sanagam grammer datings r fake given by tamil scholars for fake identity, they got the credit for temples which make the world to believe tamil as one of the oldest,while going into facts temples in Tn builted by pallavas,nayaks and medieval cholas(eastern chalukyas)
Shyam

Ashburn, VA

#4083 Jun 24, 2014
'kandhazhi vazhibadu' ancient worshipping method of lingam...
As far as i am concerned it is like building a prototype of linga in sand and worshiping it.
about its history, anybody?

Since: May 14

Bangalore, India

#4084 Jun 24, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> sanskrit word shiva comes from shri rudra chamakam of tattiriya samhitha of krishna yajurveda. The root words means auspicious in simple english transliteration it is written as shiva. Names Rudra and Pashupathi are older than shiva, rudra was mentioned in rigveda the first name of shiva who was born in the holy himalayan mountains. Its tamils created meanings for words shiva lingam not only for this they created meanings for many sanskrit words and made it their words. These were created in tamil literatures, tamil literatures are said to be composed after 800 a.d. Infact shaivism and the lord shiva was unknown to tamil people until 600 a.d. Tamils why cant u accept that sanskrit as great, there are no such greatest literatures found on this planet. Lord shiva was the author of vedas in sanskrit language of ancient indian civilization of gods. U cant find any single swear word in sanskrit.
I have commented this already. The full name is 'Shiva Linga' and not simply 'Linga'.
The struture is union of both male and female parts, so it should be named according.
If you call it 'Linga' then you are neglecting the female part.

The Sanskrit took the name 'Shiva' and meant it 'auspicious', because they never understood what the real meaning is.
But the real meaning of 'Sivam' is Yoni (noun) and thus the word 'Sivappu'(Red - adjective) was derived in Tamil. If Tamils have understood the 'Sivam' well then it automatically means Shiva Lingam is Tamil name, the Sanskrit people didn't create it and didn't understand it hence their meaning changed.
narasivaram

India

#4085 Jun 24, 2014
One day every thing in this world become myth .because changes alone permanent.u cannot decide any thing in this world .
Shyam

Ashburn, VA

#4086 Jun 24, 2014
Neelakaran wrote:
<quoted text>
I have commented this already. The full name is 'Shiva Linga' and not simply 'Linga'.
The struture is union of both male and female parts, so it should be named according.
The Sanskrit took the name 'Shiva' and meant it 'auspicious', because they never understood what the real meaning is.
But the real meaning of 'Sivam' is Yoni (noun) and thus the word 'Sivappu'(Red - adjective) was derived in Tamil. If Tamils have understood the 'Sivam' well then it automatically means Shiva Lingam is Tamil name, the Sanskrit people didn't create it and didn't understand it hence their meaning changed.
yea, u said it already..the term used for worshipping is new to me.
Shyam

Ashburn, VA

#4087 Jun 24, 2014
I'm just curious about that term, dats y... something new something we will try to know
narasivaram

India

#4088 Jun 24, 2014
I belongs to nayaks (naidu)which mean telugu origin settled in tamil nadu.here we have not argued about which is best tamil or telugu .tamil or sanskrit. We people always bowed and worshipped tamil language .because we know that is holy language .and we have not criticised sanskrit .One request as a friend to you. Please don't use abusive words like bastard. Shemale. Fk. Sk......If you are talking like this you are been give up ur respect as human or self respect
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#4089 Jun 24, 2014
Neelakaran wrote:
<quoted text>
u tamils dont know worshipping lord shiva until the 6th century a.d. Later pallavas builted shiva temples. Tamil grammer was composed after 9th century a.d. Shiva is the name of lord rudra, u tamils made this shiva to a female part and linga to male part. Shiva known as rudra mentioned in rigveda, the name lord shiva mentioned in sanskrit puranas and vedas much b4 the birth of tamil language and literature, not only shiva u tamils picked many sanskrit words and given the meanings in ur language.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#4090 Jun 24, 2014
u tamils dont know worshipping lord shiva until the 6th century a.d. Later pallavas builted shiva temples. Tamil grammer was composed after 9th century a.d. Shiva is the name of lord rudra, u tamils made this shiva to a female part and linga to male part. Shiva known as rudra mentioned in rigveda, the name lord shiva mentioned in sanskrit puranas and vedas much b4 the birth of tamil language and literature, not only shiva u tamils picked many sanskrit words and given the meanings in ur language.
Shyam

Ashburn, VA

#4091 Jun 24, 2014
I'm sorry I called linga, like calling someone with short name as we do today :(
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#4092 Jun 24, 2014
narasivaram wrote:
I belongs to nayaks (naidu)which mean telugu origin settled in tamil nadu.here we have not argued about which is best tamil or telugu .tamil or sanskrit. We people always bowed and worshipped tamil language .because we know that is holy language .and we have not criticised sanskrit .One request as a friend to you. Please don't use abusive words like bastard. Shemale. Fk. Sk......If you are talking like this you are been give up ur respect as human or self respect
dont lie man,lets talk in telugu? Next time reply me in telugu

Since: May 14

Bangalore, India

#4093 Jun 24, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
Hey, you call it Linga but it actually contains both Linga and Yoni. Have you ever wondered why you leave out the female part and what should be the full name??

Think some logic..
Shyam

Ashburn, VA

#4094 Jun 24, 2014
Neelakaran, I'm proud of u,
u r explaining things with such patience with humble and politeness..
Anant kumar Singh

India

#4095 Jun 24, 2014
Sanskrit
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#4096 Jun 24, 2014
Until 400 b.c. The archeological findings point out megalithic period of tamilnadu. No kingdoms nothing, tamil kingdoms formed at b.c.300 to 250 b.c. That too by north indian invaders like earlychola(vellalars),pandya(d evars),chera(sinhaleese(barbar ians+buddhist wariors of north india). One of the early 16 kingdoms(mahajanapadas) of india was ashmaka that was from andhrapradesh people. Ashmaka capital was pothana present day bodhan in the dist of indhrapuri/indhur present day nizamabad in telangana regions of andhrapradesh.
narasivaram

Cuttack, India

#4097 Jun 24, 2014
Nu matladathi chala bhaga undhi Mr naveengaru naku telugu bhaga matlada ochunu unta na matladanu ikada andhuruku telugu thelavathuu. ........ikada English tha use chaiyathi ne manchithi babu
tamizhan

India

#4098 Jun 24, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
Until 400 b.c. The archeological findings point out megalithic period of tamilnadu. No kingdoms nothing, tamil kingdoms formed at b.c.300 to 250 b.c. That too by north indian invaders like earlychola(vellalars),pandya(d evars),chera(sinhaleese(barbar ians+buddhist wariors of north india). One of the early 16 kingdoms(mahajanapadas) of india was ashmaka that was from andhrapradesh people. Ashmaka capital was pothana present day bodhan in the dist of indhrapuri/indhur present day nizamabad in telangana regions of andhrapradesh.
Why dont u take movie?
tamizhan

Bangalore, India

#4099 Jun 25, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> u tamilians will never change
U goltis will never learn
tamizhan

Bangalore, India

#4100 Jun 25, 2014
Shyam wrote:
In Tamilnadu comedian's making comedies but in Telugu action heroes are making comedies.. like stopping a fast moving train in one hand...
well said. Naveen is also good comedian.
Shyam

Ashburn, VA

#4101 Jun 25, 2014
and now I understand .. why i see sivan and parvathi sharing a half of one human body in portrays,
people ain't we have seen..????
legendary Shivalingam....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Oh No You Di-nt 272,431
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 865,750
The Christian Atheist debate 9 min Rowan 2,057
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min waaasssuuup 600,149
Christianity is fading away... 24 min I am out 5
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 32 min New Jersey Devil 3,110
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 1 hr prison 233
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 23 hr andy 45
More from around the web