Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Tamil

Adambakkam, India

#3348 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
Its Andronov stated telugu was originated during 1500-1000 b.c.
Yes he said that. but write it fully, dont hide. Andronov said

"Telugu split from Proto-Dravidian between 1500-1000 BC. So, Telugu
became a distinct language by the time any literary activity began to
appear in the Tamil land. "
Go to hell with your lies
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3349 May 1, 2014
Tamil wrote:
<quoted text> Yes he said that. but write it fully, dont hide. Andronov said
"Telugu split from Proto-Dravidian between 1500-1000 BC. So, Telugu
became a distinct language by the time any literary activity began to
appear in the Tamil land. "
Go to hell with your lies
HELLO FOOL, aryan-dravidian theory,aryan invasion theory,indo european language theories r fake theories. Aryan-dravidian story is a fake theory created by british for colonial rule. Acording to that theory dravidians means south indians, acording to that theory tamil is one of the dravidian language. he stated telugu split from proto dravidians between 1500 -1000 b.c. Acording to this theory even if u compare with old sanskrit(vedic sanskrit) 1700 b.c. it is originated same time with sanskrit at 1500 b.c. Did any historian said tamil and kannada as 3500 year old language show me any proofs. So Telugu language is said to be 3500 yr old. And the oldest language of INDIA. Telugu early words in bhattiprolu script found in guntur old as 400 b.c. Telugu words r found in greek and prakrits between 300 b.c. To 100 a.d. Telugu is the oldest language of south india.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3351 May 1, 2014
Show me tamilnadu history b4 300 b.c. Tamil kingdoms were estd by north indians at between 200-300 b.c. By cholas,pandyas,cheras, tamil sangam grammer was writen during 100 b.c. To 800 a.d. By north indian migrants like agasthya,18 siddhars, and north indian jains. 42% of tamilnadu was formed with andhras. Temples in tn were builted by andhras like pallavas and nayaks, some temples were builted by mid cholas who were eastern chalukyas/rajputs of north india later 1000 a.d. No temples were builted by early north indian kings of tamilnadu like early chola,pandyas and cheras. Pallavas/telugus r founders of rockcut temple architectures at 600 a.d. Later the rockcut temples were builted later 7th and 8th century a.d. In south india. Tamilnadu wont have any own kingdom. Tamilnadu wont have any kingdoms any history b4 300 b.c. Tamil tribes r not mentioned in any ancient texts of whole india. Tamilnadu capital chennai was telugus city we thrown it to tamils. Many famous people in tamilnadu r telugu origins. Many telugu people in tn converted to tamils and thinking themselves as tamilians and supporting tamil. We can clearly see the similar sanskrit words in tamil and other indian languages but these tamil fools cant accept the facts. Tamil and tamilnadu is fake
Neelakaran

Bangalore, India

#3352 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> get lost bastard, u r jealous about telugu history but ur tamil history was formed by andhras and andhras r ur ancestors. Just u researched from the wikipedia and writing the info.but we have ancient stories about kambar/kambudu being a telugu. We have historical proofs here in andhra about pallavas and their rule.pallavas r descended from ashwaddhama they rose in power at 2nd century and estd the pallava kingdom. The kings hailed from palnadu in guntur dist called as pallavas.even pallava means rogue for other kingdoms of tn. Pallavas r enemies to other kingdoms of tn. Ur info totally wrong like ur tamilnadu wikis. being a telugu Tamil wikis are full of wrong info like aryan invasion theory. Single kingdom of tamilnadu wont belong to the tamil people. They were north indians and andhras
First you should learn some manners.

1. You should be polite to others.- Instead you are scolding me bastard, used F word and so on. Its ok, I am still patient and I want to make peace.

2. You should consider all men equal.- Instead you discriminate people in the name to caste which is a racist behavior. You have used the word 'low caste' several times and scolded people like anything. I don't how other people are taking it, but seriously, I advise you to stop such discrimination.

3. You should respect others' nature - Instead you use mean language at Tamil people. What harm had they done to you? Seriously, If you don't respect others then you will find hard time living in harmony in a multi-cultural society. People will despise you for being mean to specific group of people and being a racist.

4. Abide by your pledge - We all swore the National Pledge where we promised that we will consider all Indians as our brothers and sisters. Where is your promise? Why you are scolding you own brothers are bastards? Why are are breaking the Pledge?

I am sorry for going off topic, but this Naveen guy owns me an apology for using indecent language at me.
Neelakaran

Bangalore, India

#3353 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> get lost bastard, u r jealous about telugu history but ur tamil history was formed by andhras and andhras r ur ancestors. Just u researched from the wikipedia and writing the info.but we have ancient stories about kambar/kambudu being a telugu. We have historical proofs here in andhra about pallavas and their rule.pallavas r descended from ashwaddhama they rose in power at 2nd century and estd the pallava kingdom. The kings hailed from palnadu in guntur dist called as pallavas.even pallava means rogue for other kingdoms of tn. Pallavas r enemies to other kingdoms of tn. Ur info totally wrong like ur tamilnadu wikis. being a telugu Tamil wikis are full of wrong info like aryan invasion theory. Single kingdom of tamilnadu wont belong to the tamil people. They were north indians and andhras
Naveen, that is true. I researched it all over internet, in many sites including the wikipedia and collected every information and gave you the detailed explanation. Yes, there is proof for everything.

Now, please provide your online proofs or bibliographical proofs support each of your claims. I have been asking you to provide the proof since yesterday and you are dodging my request.

We need Proof, proof, proof. Don't dodge.
Neelakaran

Bangalore, India

#3354 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> HELLO FOOL, aryan-dravidian theory,aryan invasion theory,indo european language theories r fake theories. Aryan-dravidian story is a fake theory created by british for colonial rule. Acording to that theory dravidians means south indians, acording to that theory tamil is one of the dravidian language. he stated telugu split from proto dravidians between 1500 -1000 b.c. Acording to this theory even if u compare with old sanskrit(vedic sanskrit) 1700 b.c. it is originated same time with sanskrit at 1500 b.c. Did any historian said tamil and kannada as 3500 year old language show me any proofs. So Telugu language is said to be 3500 yr old. And the oldest language of INDIA. Telugu early words in bhattiprolu script found in guntur old as 400 b.c. Telugu words r found in greek and prakrits between 300 b.c. To 100 a.d. Telugu is the oldest language of south india.
Robert Caldwell (1824-1891) coined the term "Dravidian" for this family of languages, based on the usage of the Sanskrit word dr&#257;vi&#7693;a in the work Tantrav&#257;rttika by Kum&#257;rila Bha&#7789;&#7789;a. In his own words, Caldwell says,

"The word I have chosen is 'Dravidian', from Dr&#257;vi&#7693;a, the adjectival form of Dravi&#7693;a. This term, it is true, has sometimes been used, and is still sometimes used, in almost as restricted a sense as that of Tamil itself, so that though on the whole it is the best term I can find, I admit it is not perfectly free from ambiguity. It is a term which has already been used more or less distinctively by Sanskrit philologists, as a generic appellation for the South Indian people and their languages, and it is the only single term they ever seem to have used in this manner. I have, therefore, no doubt of the propriety of adopting it."

------ From the above text found in Wikipedia we conclude that the term 'Dravida' was actually used in Sanskrit to refer the southern languages which later Caldwell adopted.

Therefore, Dravida is not a story which was created by British. So you are wrong.

BTW, Please elaborate your points clearly, From the middle of your paragraph there is no sense and I find hard time understanding it. Please rephrase so that all we 'non-enlightened' people could understand you.

And finally, where is your proof?? Please provide them.
Neelakaran

Bangalore, India

#3355 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> HELLO FOOL, aryan-dravidian theory,aryan invasion theory,indo european language theories r fake theories. Aryan-dravidian story is a fake theory created by british for colonial rule. Acording to that theory dravidians means south indians, acording to that theory tamil is one of the dravidian language. he stated telugu split from proto dravidians between 1500 -1000 b.c. Acording to this theory even if u compare with old sanskrit(vedic sanskrit) 1700 b.c. it is originated same time with sanskrit at 1500 b.c. Did any historian said tamil and kannada as 3500 year old language show me any proofs. So Telugu language is said to be 3500 yr old. And the oldest language of INDIA. Telugu early words in bhattiprolu script found in guntur old as 400 b.c. Telugu words r found in greek and prakrits between 300 b.c. To 100 a.d. Telugu is the oldest language of south india.
Robert Caldwell (1824-1891) coined the term "Dravidian" for this family of languages, based on the usage of the Sanskrit word 'dravida' in the work Tantravarttika by Kumarila Bhatta. In his own words, Caldwell says,

"The word I have chosen is 'Dravidian', from Dravida, the adjectival form of Dravida. This term, it is true, has sometimes been used, and is still sometimes used, in almost as restricted a sense as that of Tamil itself, so that though on the whole it is the best term I can find, I admit it is not perfectly free from ambiguity. It is a term which has already been used more or less distinctively by Sanskrit philologists, as a generic appellation for the South Indian people and their languages, and it is the only single term they ever seem to have used in this manner. I have, therefore, no doubt of the propriety of adopting it."

------ From the above text found in Wikipedia we conclude that the term 'Dravida' was actually used in Sanskrit to refer the South Indian language and its people, which later was adopted by Caldwell.

Therefore, Dravida is not a story which was created by British. So you were wrong!

BTW, Please elaborate your points clearly, From the middle of your paragraph there is no sense and I find hard time understanding it. Please rephrase so that all we 'non-enlightened' people could understand you.

Tamil

Adambakkam, India

#3356 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
lol why you bring aryan- dravidian here now, he said telegu splits from proto dravidian btw 1500-1000 bc. read the next line.
"Telugu became a distinct language by the time any literary activity began to
appear in the Tamil land."
That mean Tamil is already there, thats why he used the term "Tamil land" he didt use aryan land or north indian land or andhra, so your entire post is invalid. and you want proof that tamil exist before 300 bc. go to Archaeological Survey of India website and search for Adichanallur evacuvation. UNESCO says tamil is one of the early 6 language in world telegu is not even in that list, whatelse proof you need, you know what is unesco right? case closed. we dont care, you accept or not, but the world already accepted tamil as oldest language. so dont bark here.
Srinivas

Bangalore, India

#3357 May 1, 2014
According to Robert caldwel and Andronov Tamil is the oldest Indian langauge followed by Kannada and Telugu refer their book comparative grammar of the dravidian langauge
If U believe Aryan invasion theory fake than dont quote Robert and Andronov because both of them stated Sanskrit is Indo European langauge and both of them belived in Aryan invasion theory
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3358 May 1, 2014
Neelakaran wrote:
<quoted text>
First you should learn some manners.
1. You should be polite to others.- Instead you are scolding me bastard, used F word and so on. Its ok, I am still patient and I want to make peace.
2. You should consider all men equal.- Instead you discriminate people in the name to caste which is a racist behavior. You have used the word 'low caste' several times and scolded people like anything. I don't how other people are taking it, but seriously, I advise you to stop such discrimination.
3. You should respect others' nature - Instead you use mean language at Tamil people. What harm had they done to you? Seriously, If you don't respect others then you will find hard time living in harmony in a multi-cultural society. People will despise you for being mean to specific group of people and being a racist.
4. Abide by your pledge - We all swore the National Pledge where we promised that we will consider all Indians as our brothers and sisters. Where is your promise? Why you are scolding you own brothers are bastards? Why are are breaking the Pledge?
I am sorry for going off topic, but this Naveen guy owns me an apology for using indecent language at me.
yellara bekar mundakoduka, old man;go back and read coments from ur tamil people they used the indecent words and vulgar language teach some manners to them.i know manners and i never discriminate or insult/insulted other people in the name of caste. go back and read my coments properly, will tamils swore the national pledge? Then why would u tamils consider north indians as enemies why u hate them and their colour,why dont u consider north indians as brothers and sisters.why u tamils call them as foreigners.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3359 May 1, 2014
Neelakaran wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Caldwell (1824-1891) coined the term "Dravidian" for this family of languages, based on the usage of the Sanskrit word 'dravida' in the work Tantravarttika by Kumarila Bhatta. In his own words, Caldwell says,
"The word I have chosen is 'Dravidian', from Dravida, the adjectival form of Dravida. This term, it is true, has sometimes been used, and is still sometimes used, in almost as restricted a sense as that of Tamil itself, so that though on the whole it is the best term I can find, I admit it is not perfectly free from ambiguity. It is a term which has already been used more or less distinctively by Sanskrit philologists, as a generic appellation for the South Indian people and their languages, and it is the only single term they ever seem to have used in this manner. I have, therefore, no doubt of the propriety of adopting it."
------ From the above text found in Wikipedia we conclude that the term 'Dravida' was actually used in Sanskrit to refer the South Indian language and its people, which later was adopted by Caldwell.
Therefore, Dravida is not a story which was created by British. So you were wrong!
yes i can explain u, dravidadesa a word in sanskrit used to refer a region which was covered by water in 3 sides called india. The people who were lived in south india were called as dravidas its name of a tribe but the britishers created it as a race. Infact the people who were lived in north india didn't mention themself as aryans. They r also another tribes like dravidas. Arya is a sanskrit word mean noble. Then how it turned into race? Bcoz aryan and dravidian r not races that was first used as races by britishers
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3360 May 1, 2014
Tamil wrote:
<quoted text> lol why you bring aryan- dravidian here now, he said telegu splits from proto dravidian btw 1500-1000 bc. read the next line.
"Telugu became a distinct language by the time any literary activity began to
appear in the Tamil land."
That mean Tamil is already there, thats why he used the term "Tamil land" he didt use aryan land or north indian land or andhra, so your entire post is invalid. and you want proof that tamil exist before 300 bc. go to Archaeological Survey of India website and search for Adichanallur evacuvation. UNESCO says tamil is one of the early 6 language in world telegu is not even in that list, whatelse proof you need, you know what is unesco right? case closed. we dont care, you accept or not, but the world already accepted tamil as oldest language. so dont bark here.
read my statement clearly. I said tamil is one of the dravidian language there, dravidian doesn't mean only tamil, acording to dravidian language fake theory. All dravidian languages split from proto dravidians means south indians there but Not from tamil.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3362 May 1, 2014
Tamil history only 300 b.c. How tamil is oldest. Tamil history that too created by north indians.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3363 May 1, 2014
If tamil believe in aryan-dravidian theory then should have to accept the north indian kingdoms chola,pandya,chera as ARYANS. Brahmins and jains who wrote sangam grammer like agasthya,sidhars,jains are ARYANS of north india. Then credit goes to aryans for their empires and sangam grammer in tamilnadu
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3365 May 1, 2014
As i mentioned earlier dravida was ided as tribe. Aryan invasion theory,aryan-dravidian theory,are fake created by europeans. All the indians r aryans bcoz in ancient early indian texts aryavarta a sanskrit word means land covered by noble people. In medieval texts dravidadesa a sanskrit word mean land surounded by water in all directions called as southindia. So all ancient indians r aryans bcoz everything was first discovered in india and given to world
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3366 May 1, 2014
Aryan-dravidian theory is fake. So how tamil can be ided as dravidian language and the oldest language. Tamil and tamilnadu is totally fake. Tamil words cant even mentioned in any other languages. Telugu words r mentioned in greek and prakrits. Tamil was influenced by telugu and sanskrit. Telugu words r found in tamil. But the same tamil words are found in kannada and malayalam not found in telugu. This proves tamil kannada and malayalam have same words and similar dialects. Telugu is diferent than these 3 languages and older than these languages. Tamil as oldest language is just an imagination of tamil fools. Tamil is only old as 300 b.c. Tamil was created by agasthya with tamil(created words) and telugu and sanskrit influence. Tamil as oldest language is fake as their wrong wikipedias. I never believe tamil as oldest atleast they wont have their own history. Tamil language and tamilnadu state history was created by north indians after their deep south migrations at 300 b.c.
Neelakaran

India

#3367 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> yellara bekar mundakoduka, old man;go back and read coments from ur tamil people they used the indecent words and vulgar language teach some manners to them.i know manners and i never discriminate or insult/insulted other people in the name of caste. go back and read my coments properly, will tamils swore the national pledge? Then why would u tamils consider north indians as enemies why u hate them and their colour,why dont u consider north indians as brothers and sisters.why u tamils call them as foreigners.
Ok, may be you have not discriminated people in the basis of caste and I confused you with Umesh. So, apart from that you scolded me bastard and used F*** words, and you still not going to apologize me for that? is this your manners?

This is between you and me, don't point out other people. You scolded me, so you owe me an apology!!
D-O-T.
Neelakaran

India

#3368 May 1, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
If tamil believe in aryan-dravidian theory then should have to accept the north indian kingdoms chola,pandya,chera as ARYANS. Brahmins and jains who wrote sangam grammer like agasthya,sidhars,jains are ARYANS of north india. Then credit goes to aryans for their empires and sangam grammer in tamilnadu
Naveen, again don't comment without knowing anything about agasthya, sidhars and jains.

You know the tamil word for Jain is -> 'Samanam'

If Jainism has originated in North India then Jain should be called as 'Seyanam' in tamil (J becomes S in tamilizatoin). But no, it is called 'Samanam'. There are many truths deep down about Jainism's origin, and the sidhars, and the philosophers who wrote tamil literature. There was an extinct religion, and many days ago I mentioned that I will not talk about it here. I still stand by it and it is very vast and cannot be explained in a day. Just don't talk about things which you see in modern days. The history has lots of secrets which you are completely blind of.

By the way, where did you find that dravidadesa was mentioned at the whole of india? tell me the book name. I am sure you would not have read all those olden sanskrit books, so just tell me where you found this info. Online? or any person told you?

If it is online then lead me there, or if any individual told you the ask them about the proof where they found it. I am asking you to lead me to sites to prove your claim but they did not give me a single page name to prove yours. Still all you claims will be considered false facts. Just provide us the PROOF. Don't dodge us anymore. We need proof.

You heard it correct? the word is P-R-O-O-F.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3369 May 1, 2014
Agasthya a north indian saint migrated to south india with velir people. Agasthya creator of tamil language. Agasthya the first sidhar and father of tamil literature. Even siddhars are velirs of ancient north india writen sangam grammer. So they r ancient north indians no credit to tamilnadu. Do u want more another proofs, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agastya
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#3371 May 1, 2014
Even u tamil people knows about the fake theories created by europeans. But u will not accept it in internet, bcoz u need identity, fake tamil identity being tamil as old and indian language

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,111
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,566
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 9 min Trump worshiper 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Holy Jehowa Witness 679,058
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min Holy Jehowa Witness 46,214
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 982,141
Gangbang with my Girlfriend. (Mar '11) 2 hr Kinky1ntn 33
More from around the web