Which is the Oldest Indian Language? ...
Vengidajajalm Iyer

Mumbai, India

#2560 Mar 13, 2014
Veda mantras are written in sanskrit only and not in Tamil. So it is a proof that Sanskrit is oldest. But Tamil people are angry not getting Tamil as National Language that is why they are fighting with Sanskrit. There is no doubt Sanskrit is the oldest language and not at all Tamil.

There is no question hereafter regarding this.
arya

Essen, Germany

#2561 Mar 13, 2014
Vengidajajalm Iyer wrote:
or any other sanskrit based Indian language.
If Snskrite was the oldest language then it will not die..there will be a language in India with 90 % Sasckrite words in it... but NO there is no language in India with 90 % Sanskrite in it ;).. so cool down Indian people.... Northindia people has darker skin too like the southindia people... and south Indian people more dark because of weather condition there. Northindi people have same gene like southindia... If any Northindia people say their language is better than southindian language.. Im sorry then Northindia people talk Gypsy language ( in Europe people hate GYpsys:: EVEN EUROPE Gypsys say they understand Hindi lol ( so everybody can understand what kind of people are who peak Hindi ;)
arya

Essen, Germany

#2562 Mar 13, 2014
As a language I respect Tamil, but its script can not be used for studying or learning Vedas/ Manthras, which represents lot swaras which can be done only by sanskrit or sanskrit based languages. I have the experience that is why I am writing this. In the case of pronounciation, Tamil is not at all a complete language, or it can not be called as a language at all.
oh please you dont know or speak Tamil so please.. you cant even satnd near Tamil people... Gypsy
arya

Essen, Germany

#2563 Mar 13, 2014
Veda mantras are written in sanskrit only and not in Tamil. So it is a proof that Sanskrit is oldest. But Tamil people are angry not getting Tamil as National Language that is why they are fighting with Sanskrit. There is no doubt Sanskrit is the oldest language and not at all Tamil.
There is no question hereafter regarding this.
If I say now your father is not your father.. you will get angry right ? its same Tamil people are pride of their Origin and they know the truth and even the whole world know it....
arya

Essen, Germany

#2564 Mar 13, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> u r one of the dumb i had ever seen, fool tamil brahmi was introduced by ashoka from bhattiprolu,early tamil inscriptions are the cave inscriptions at 250 b.c. Tamils r copy cats of everything from Telugu like arts,architectures,music, tamil is a half language and was lately influenced with sanskrit and tribal version of telugu language for sure
you are the biggest dummhead i have ever seen in my life hahaha... you mean your ancestors who dont cover their breast...? malayalam, telugu are all different dialect languages came from Tamil. Tamil is pure language.... go and researcjh please... dont know why everyone wants to be better than Tamil.. Im PROUD

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#2565 Mar 13, 2014
Sanskrit was not the language of masses at any time in India.

It was only a language for religious elite, may be they wanted it that way to maintain their superiority.

Tamil to my understanding is that language of masses.

Before Aryans came to India, it was already populated by the people. They did not speak Sanskrit, that is sure.

What language they spoke? That is the point to be looked into.

The script is the last thing for a language, it first starts with songs and poems and sermons, oral form, written part comes later.

We have to see, if there is any commonality between written sanskrit and Tamil language.

Devenagri script is not that old. The current alphabet set used in modern Vedas available is also not that old.

I do not know why there should be fight amongst Indians which is older language? Older does not mean the best or more evolved.

A language which is spoken by large majority becomes the language of the land.

In India of modern time, it was common Hindi also knows as Urdu that was well understood by majority of Indian population.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2566 Mar 13, 2014
Civan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool..........
Naveen Child ,It is not my views ....North Indian Famous News Channels condacted Survey...Indian People was voted..
In 100 Years Indian cenima Industry survey -
1.Best music director in india - Ilayaraja & A. R. Rahman (including one for best background score)
2.Best Director in India - Manirathinam & Sankar , K.Balachadar
3.Best Actor & Acterss in India - kamal hassan & Sri Devi
4.Best best cinematography - P.C Sri Ram......All people are Tamil . Other people learn for Tamil People now day ....FACT ...Fact
Topix is oldest Indian Language ...but but u talk rubesss..here
Above small example ....
Tamil Is only one language india classical Langauage & literature all other cat copy of Tamil..Fact ...Fact
Note : NAVEEN CHILD next time u not write Jain -Jain is religion not ethnic people
NOTE: The Bhattiprolu Brahmi script evolved into the Telugu script by 5th century C.E.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telugu_script
civan child, dont make wrong statements, except rajanikanth(marati origin from karnataka)no body knows about ur cine industry people in north,north west, r north east india, they only knows telugu heroes,directors,music directors and artists from telugu, telugu people dominates ur tamils in all formats fool
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2567 Mar 13, 2014
Civan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again again iam repeating Here
ASI earliest epigraphic records :
1.Tamil Script ASI earliest epigraphic records found on rock edicts and hero stones date from around the 6th century BC , Bhattiprolu script 4th Century BC- It is written script Prakrit it &
The Bhattiprolu Brahmi script evolved into the Telugu script by 5th century C.E.
2.Saskrit - No native script , How they written all vedas in saskrits (Devanagari ). Devanagari are first attested from the 7th century CE. May be all vedas first Written in Tamil.
Note:FACT :The chanced Hindi dominated Government of India in the decades of attempting to weaken the ancient status of Tamil that the real historic side of Tamil is always blanketed by the selfish Sanskrit supporters as Sanskrit being the mother of Hindi and being superior in north and Tamil being second to none and the Tamil states not accepting Hindi as a national language was the reason in the past where Tamil faced Classical status obstacles in the hands od the Hindi dominated administration.
The modern world , new media and neutral Linguist and Archeologist will give no space to selfishness and fabrications.
This subject not update in indian schools & colleges.becouse change in indian Histroy ...Tamil people native people of INDIA. That the reasion.
Now truth come out .
3..Bhattiprolu script :-There are a total of nine inscriptions, all dated to the 2nd century BCE or possibly earlier (a tenth inscription is in a script much closer to standard Brahmi), written in Prakrit.The Bhattiprolu Brahmi script evolved into the Telugu script by 5th century C.E.
4..Mr.Naveen Fool...Bhattiprolu script not telugu script , It is written script Prakrit it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wik i/Telugu_script
5.In the earliest period Telugu literature existed in the form of inscriptions, precisely from 575 AD on-wards. Most of the works were translations from Sanskrit. It was in the tenth century AD that Telugu literature began.
6.The influence of the Sanskrit language can be widely seen in the Telugu language whereas the Tamil language has not been much influenced by it. In grammar, the Tamil language has its own grammatical structure whereas the influence of Sanskrit is clearly evident in the Telugu language
7.Prakrit & Pali are the early north indian language and tamil is the oldest of all indian language.
Naveen Child,
Finaly you cheated on we
Bhattiprolu script not telugu script , It is written script Prakrit .
Now Telugu People Cay cat script , Language , grammar , art , Music & etc ..Note . Anthra King not a Telugu King ( Prakrit King )
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit Vs Tamil
ASI-Proof Tamil Script - 600 BC & Bhattiprolu script (Prakrit )-400 BC & Telugu script by 5th century C.E & Sanskrit - No Script ( All Literature written - prakrit ),Devanagari are first attested from the 7th century CE.
Reslut is Tamil is the Oldest Indian Language .
civan child, mad fellow, bhattiprolu script is the mother of tamil, telugu words are mentioned in ancient scripts before b.c. written in bhattiprolu script, already before the 400 b.c. There was outstanding literatures written in prakrit script,bhattiprolu script was introduced to tamil region by king ashoka at 300 b.c. But tamil script structure was developed its new shape thats it,early tamil inscriptions from ancient scriptures are only at 250 b.c.
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2568 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>
I agree with you sanskrit is the oldest language and Tamil can nowhere compite with Sanskrit as this language has been created by Lord shiv himself. Tamil came to picture or it has been draged by Tamil paagal people.
tamil is the one and only half language in the world
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2569 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Shit. Tamil script can never ever represent Vedas. You have to depend on sanskrit scripts/ alphabets or sanskrit based scripts like Grandam lipi or devanagiri or malayalam.
nearly 30 to 40 % of sanskrit influence found in half tamil language,these tamils never accept facts, three ancient kingdoms in tamilnadu was established by north indians and north west indians
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2570 Mar 13, 2014
As a language I respect Tamil, but its script can not be used for studying or learning Vedas/ Manthras, which represents lot swaras which can be done only by sanskrit or sanskrit based languages. I have the experience that is why I am writing this. In the case of pronounciation, Tamil is not at all a complete language, or it can be called as a language.
tamil grammer was written by ancient north indians who migrated to extreme south agasthya,siddhars and jains from north india
arya

Essen, Germany

#2571 Mar 13, 2014
Indian wrote:
whats the point of arguing.sanskrit doesnt belong to the indian soil.aryan are aliens from europe & persia.sanskrit ise.
oh please dont come up wiTH Aryan theorie..its proved that Aryan was a nomade groupe people who came from Iran.. that doesnt mean that Sanskrite was Aryan Language
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2572 Mar 13, 2014
arya wrote:
<quoted text>
oh please you dont know or speak Tamil so please.. you cant even satnd near Tamil people... Gypsy
tamils people are genes created by early north indians and andhras
arya

Essen, Germany

#2573 Mar 13, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> nearly 30 to 40 % of sanskrit influence found in half tamil language,these tamils never accept facts, three ancient kingdoms in tamilnadu was established by north indians and north west indians
maybe the southindian influenced Northindian ;)
arya

Essen, Germany

#2574 Mar 13, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Sanskrit was not the language of masses at any time in India.
It was only a language for religious elite, may be they wanted it that way to maintain their superiority.
Tamil to my understanding is that language of masses.
Before Aryans came to India, it was already populated by the people. They did not speak Sanskrit, that is sure.
What language they spoke? That is the point to be looked into.
The script is the last thing for a language, it first starts with songs and poems and sermons, oral form, written part comes later.
We have to see, if there is any commonality between written sanskrit and Tamil language.
Devenagri script is not that old. The current alphabet set used in modern Vedas available is also not that old.
I do not know why there should be fight amongst Indians which is older language? Older does not mean the best or more evolved.
A language which is spoken by large majority becomes the language of the land.
In India of modern time, it was common Hindi also knows as Urdu that was well understood by majority of Indian population.
India has 16 official language...every Indian must learn all these 16 langaugaes..
arya

Essen, Germany

#2575 Mar 13, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> tamils people are genes created by early north indians and andhras

if so you Gypsy why you speak Gypsy Language....? maybe your father was a Gypsy and your mum Tamil.... we Tamil people are pure thats why we dont speak Gypsy language....( sorry for being so rude lol )
arya

Essen, Germany

#2576 Mar 13, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> tamil is the one and only half language in the world
Bullshit you are realy an Indian uneducated person...lol have you lived in southindia or have you got Tamil friends and have you been to tamil wedding I bet you dont even know a single thing about Tamil culture.....
Naveen kumar

Ashburn, VA

#2577 Mar 13, 2014
arya wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the biggest dummhead i have ever seen in my life hahaha... you mean your ancestors who dont cover their breast...? malayalam, telugu are all different dialect languages came from Tamil. Tamil is pure language.... go and researcjh please... dont know why everyone wants to be better than Tamil.. Im PROUD
telugu is older than tamil,tamil was a tribal version of telugu and was spoken only in north tamilnadu,andhras/telugus r the native people of south india and covered all over ancient south india and ancestors of south indians
arya

Essen, Germany

#2578 Mar 13, 2014
Naveen kumar wrote:
<quoted text> civan child, mad fellow, bhattiprolu script is the mother of tamil, telugu words are mentioned in ancient scripts before b.c. written in bhattiprolu script, already before the 400 b.c. There was outstanding literatures written in prakrit script,bhattiprolu script was introduced to tamil region by king ashoka at 300 b.c. But tamil script structure was developed its new shape thats it,early tamil inscriptions from ancient scriptures are only at 250 b.c.
oh Naveen KUMAr whats your skin colour..white like europian people ? you Aryan ( Normade people from Iran who never knew how to write they cared only their sheeps )? i bet your skin colour is brown..Indian brown.... so now tell me Sanskrite speaking people white or Brown...?
arya

Essen, Germany

#2579 Mar 13, 2014
here in Europe nowadays people know that the decendants of Gypsies are the Northindian ;).. if i can kindly ask you northindians please call them back to your place they realy smell bad and they make europe dirty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 649,752
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Pegasus 281,471
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Joe Fortuna 55,867
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 43 min ImFree2Choose 2,285
How could ANYONE have SEX with a MAN ! 1 hr Homophobe 1
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 4 hr HE LIVES 70,224
Rotherham sheff doncaster sex 4 hr Hussain 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 20 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) Fri Hangman 972,378
More from around the web