First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I have an opinion...”

Since: Feb 09

Bellflower, California

#1 Oct 22, 2012
We have no right to call ourselfs Amercians. We have no idea what the word actually means and entails.Oh, we "know",what it means,but what it "means" doesn't mean "anything" to "anyone", anymore. Not anyone who calls himself an American, anyways.We don't question anything.We dont boycott anything. Like say cable companys, or cell phone providers. We dont "do" anything that interupts the convenience that is our lives. We don't take a stand against our government on any issue at all, not even when our rights are taken away from us, one at a time. Not a peep from us "Americans" Whats to stop our government from taking a few more of our rights away from us and then a few more and few more..?? When does it stop ??? When somebody peeps up, maybe ??

Where are all those pot smoking hippies from the 60's at?? They may have smoked some pot, but they knew what it was, to be an American. They excersied thier rights as americans. Those rights that other peopled died getting for us. they died in order for us to have rights to excercise.. And we dont.. We dont even bother. And we call ourselfs Americans. what a joke we are.

“I have an opinion...”

Bellflower, California

#3 Oct 22, 2012
Tim Shields_ wrote:
Just one question, where in our constitution is what you say defining who is an American. All you wish to do is control thoughts, while cakiming others should not.
Wow, I dont know what you read, but it wasnt my post. Every citizen, is an american and in the constitution, our rights as a citizen, are defined. its those same rights, that we are losing, and because of those rights, as defined in the constiution, we can say something about losing those rights, without fear of persecution. But we dont.
Is that any clearer for you to understand.

Since: Oct 12

San Francisco, CA

#4 Oct 22, 2012
how can we get these rights?!
http://tinyurl.com/8ttjetl

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 22, 2012
What rock are you living under? What about Trayvon Martin? What about Occupy Wall Street? What about The Million Man March? What about the protests against the war in Iraq? What about the Democratic and Republican conventions? lol......If you've got a burr up your butt about something, organize a group of like-minded malcontents and start your own peaceful assembly. But don't knock others for NOT wanting to join in. THAT'S one of our rights, too.
Yimmie Krack Korn

Sweden

#6 Oct 23, 2012
Christine Creighton wrote:
We have no right to call ourselfs Amercians. We have no idea what the word actually means and entails.Oh, we "know",what it means,but what it "means" doesn't mean "anything" to "anyone", anymore. Not anyone who calls himself an American, anyways.We don't question anything.We dont boycott anything. Like say cable companys, or cell phone providers. We dont "do" anything that interupts the convenience that is our lives. We don't take a stand against our government on any issue at all, not even when our rights are taken away from us, one at a time. Not a peep from us "Americans" Whats to stop our government from taking a few more of our rights away from us and then a few more and few more..?? When does it stop ??? When somebody peeps up, maybe ??
Where are all those pot smoking hippies from the 60's at?? They may have smoked some pot, but they knew what it was, to be an American. They excersied thier rights as americans. Those rights that other peopled died getting for us. they died in order for us to have rights to excercise.. And we dont.. We dont even bother. And we call ourselfs Americans. what a joke we are.
Very nice post, Christine! If the thread doesn't die soon I'll give you my point of view on both the problem and the solution.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 23, 2012
I'm American.

Since: Sep 12

#8 Oct 23, 2012
<QUOTE who="Christine Creighton">We have no right to call ourselfs Amercians. We have no idea what the word actually means and entails.Oh, we "know",what it means,but what it "means" doesn't mean "anything" to "anyone", anymore. Not anyone who calls himself an American, anyways.We don't question anything.We dont boycott anything. Like say cable companys, or cell phone providers. We dont "do" anything that interupts the convenience that is our lives. We don't take a stand against our government on any issue at all, not even when our rights are taken away from us, one at a time. Not a peep from us "Americans" Whats to stop our government from taking a few more of our rights away from us and then a few more and few more..?? When does it stop ??? When somebody peeps up, maybe ??
Where are all those pot smoking hippies from the 60's at?? They may have smoked some pot, but they knew what it was, to be an American. They excersied thier rights as americans. Those rights that other peopled died getting for us. they died in order for us to have rights to excercise.. And we dont.. We dont even bother. And we call ourselfs Americans. what a joke we are.</QUOTE>
Gloop

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#9 Oct 23, 2012
Christine;

How old are you? your sentence structure and spelling are that of a 12 year old. If you don't like the way things are run now grab a ballot and vote for change, otherwise pack your bags and get the f**k out!
Live Action

Shawnee, OK

#10 Oct 23, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
Christine;
How old are you? your sentence structure and spelling are that of a 12 year old. If you don't like the way things are run now grab a ballot and vote for change, otherwise pack your bags and get the f**k out!
you are a flipping Idiot Old man I would like to see you make anyone leave fact is you are to old....you are a brainwashed so called flag loving patriot.And deep inside you know you are part of the sorriest country in the world.

“Boing, boing, boing, boing,”

Since: Aug 08

..boing, boing, boing, boing,.

#11 Oct 23, 2012
The Talking Gloop wrote:
<QUOTE who="Christine Creighton">We have no right to call ourselfs Amercians. We have no idea what the word actually means and entails.Oh, we "know",what it means,but what it "means" doesn't mean "anything" to "anyone", anymore. Not anyone who calls himself an American, anyways.We don't question anything.We dont boycott anything. Like say cable companys, or cell phone providers. We dont "do" anything that interupts the convenience that is our lives. We don't take a stand against our government on any issue at all, not even when our rights are taken away from us, one at a time. Not a peep from us "Americans" Whats to stop our government from taking a few more of our rights away from us and then a few more and few more..?? When does it stop ??? When somebody peeps up, maybe ??
Where are all those pot smoking hippies from the 60's at?? They may have smoked some pot, but they knew what it was, to be an American. They excersied thier rights as americans. Those rights that other peopled died getting for us. they died in order for us to have rights to excercise.. And we dont.. We dont even bother. And we call ourselfs Americans. what a joke we are.</QUOTE>
Gloop
Poser.

“I have an opinion...”

Bellflower, California

#12 Oct 25, 2012
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on immigrants and being an American in 1907:

" In the first place,we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equaility as everybody else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed ,or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the persons becoming in every facet an AMERICAN, and nothing but an AMERICAN....there can be no didvided alliance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isnt an american at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... we have room but for one language here, the English language.And we have room but for one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the AMERICAN People."

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#13 Oct 25, 2012
\

Awe wow man!!!

Very groovy, far out and phsycidellic post Christine..........

And i couldn't agree more.......We gotta stick it to 'the man'.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#14 Oct 25, 2012
Seriously though Christine, I think your right, but our arch enemy are the banks. Google, Matt Taibbi and the banking disaster, and listen to what that guy has to say.

Not only are our financial institutions taking us to the cleaners, but our government is complisite in it.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#15 Oct 25, 2012
Bye, bye, American pie ...

And don't worry about Martin or any of the naysayers. You spoke your peace ...and as an American, you have that right.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#16 Oct 25, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
Christine;
Martin,
If you believe she's 12 ...why would you talk to a twelve year old that way? What's wrong with you?

“I have an opinion...”

Bellflower, California

#17 Oct 25, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Seriously though Christine, I think your right, but our arch enemy are the banks. Google, Matt Taibbi and the banking disaster, and listen to what that guy has to say.
Not only are our financial institutions taking us to the cleaners, buIt our government is complisite in it.
I agree.I am mortally fearful of a cashless society.It feels like complete and utter control of our, no longer private lives.Its not so far off into our future.

“I have an opinion...”

Bellflower, California

#18 Oct 25, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye, bye, American pie ...
And don't worry about Martin or any of the naysayers. You spoke your peace ...and as an American, you have that right.
Hey, Thanks Man.Thank you very much. I am pretty thicked skinned, so I'm really hard to insult.(tee-hee) Frankly, I'm flattered to have any response at all. there are quite a few other discussions going on here..

“Winchester Model 1894”

Roy, Washington

#19 Oct 25, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin,
If you believe she's 12 ...why would you talk to a twelve year old that way? What's wrong with you?
"What's wrong with you?" I NEVER for one second believed she was 12 years old. There were 3 Martin brothers; one went ashore at Omaha Beach, the other served on an aircraft carrier. Sadly I couldn't, I enlisted in the U.S. Airforce, rejected, bad heart. I enlisted in the U.S. Army, rejected, bad heart. I enlisted in the Alaska National Guard, rejected, bad heart. So I served in other ways. Maybe I didn't "serve" but I have the right to critisize anyone I wish.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#20 Oct 25, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
"What's wrong with you?" I NEVER for one second believed she was 12 years old. There were 3 Martin brothers; one went ashore at Omaha Beach, the other served on an aircraft carrier. Sadly I couldn't, I enlisted in the U.S. Airforce, rejected, bad heart. I enlisted in the U.S. Army, rejected, bad heart. I enlisted in the Alaska National Guard, rejected, bad heart. So I served in other ways. Maybe I didn't "serve" but I have the right to critisize anyone I wish.
I did serve ...nuff said.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Roy, Washington

#21 Oct 25, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I did serve ...nuff said.
Proud of you for serving our country and the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min dirty white boy- 740,382
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 441,333
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Truth 543,133
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pegasus 259,738
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min mike 601,191
Dirty skype (Dec '12) 40 min jax4funnow 81
Last Word + 2 50 min Bev Jamison 756
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 173,867
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 227,905

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••