Company Paid CDL Training

Company Paid CDL Training

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

“Free CDL Tests ”

Since: Oct 08

Austin, TX

#1 Oct 30, 2008
Should you sign up for company paid CDL training? You have decided to get your CDL and you found a trucking company school that is offering you company paid CDL training. All you need to do now is sign a contract and go to trucking school and everything is going to be great, right? You will have a guaranteed trucking job, paid CDL training and a new career.
In a perfect world and in a trucking industry with a better reputation the above statements would hold true for everyone wanting to get company paid CDL training. The reality is that things don’t always go as planned. If you look at the contracts carefully you will see that there is no guaranteed pay or even a guarantee that the company paid CDL training school will give you a job.
Here is what you can count on. You can be sure that if you quit the training you will be responsible for the cost of the CDL training that you did complete. You can be sure that if you are not learning as quickly as the others you will be let go and be responsible for the cost of the training you did complete. How much will they charge you? The cost is between $1,500 and $2,200 for a week of completed CDL training.
I went to a company sponsored CDL training program and they sent about 5 out of my CDL class home and 3 quit. When I started my job my pay was 1 ½ cents lower than quoted over the phone when I signed up. I had no guarantee in writing anywhere. I was angry and wanted to quit but that meant about $6,000 in CDL training going on my credit report and good luck getting my last paycheck.
The trucking companies that offer this company paid CDL training know that you are in a difficult situation and I believe they take advantage of new truck drivers and their lack of knowledge. Company paid CDL training sounds good in theory but if examined and investigated you will find that a national private CDL training school with a good reputation can be a better choice for a number of reasons.
Most private CDL training schools have several trucking companies that use them as a hiring pool. You will more than likely have a choice of trucking companies to go to work for. A private CDL training school is in business of training students and would go broke if the kicked everyone out who might be struggling with the CDL training.
Most private CDL training schools offer financing and deal with trucking companies that offer tuition reimbursement if you sign another contract to work for staying for a set period of time. Company paid CDL training can work for some but is defiantly not for everyone so read the fine print before you sign anything.
Fill out a quick form for a company paid cdl Training alternative at http://richtruckdriver.com/bestcdltraining.ht... and for more information abot paid cdl training check out http://richtruckdriver.com/paidcdltraining.ht... at my website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap PCB Boards, Best PCB Manufacturer in Chin... 1 min Fire3759 4
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 4 min Dolly1081 84
The Future of Politics in America 6 min truth 217
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Scaritual 88,062
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 8 min Serum2874 54,093
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Kiss2593 619,181
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 17 min Kisser5101 3,950
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Brian_G 977,271
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 50 min Licks8751 526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Lips6855 665,279
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Dripz4646 102
More from around the web