Christmas Is Pagan
fred

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Christmas Is pagan the worst holiday ever.More people commit suicide this time of year than any other. And you teach your children to worship Saint nick And it is well documented that he was a pedophile.
It is not Yahshua's Birthday.And all the lights Just a distraction from the evil in the world.Christmas is a evil day....But you sheeple are to brainwashed to see it......
Ha Ha

Yorba Linda, CA

#2 Dec 5, 2012
fred wrote:
Christmas Is pagan the worst holiday ever.More people commit suicide this time of year than any other. And you teach your children to worship Saint nick And it is well documented that he was a pedophile.
It is not Yahshua's Birthday.And all the lights Just a distraction from the evil in the world.Christmas is a evil day....But you sheeple are to brainwashed to see it......
There were four ancient pagan holidays at Christmas time, however, Christmas is not Pagan. It's just the time of year that was chosen to celebrae Jesus' birthay. It was believed that Jesus' real birthday was in the spring. Jesus, himself attended a pagan holiday, Hanukkah, which has no Biblical basis by the way. The lights and festivities only celebrate Christmas, I wouldn't freak out over it. We have something to celebrate the birth of our Lord!
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
There were four ancient pagan holidays at Christmas time, however, Christmas is not Pagan. It's just the time of year that was chosen to celebrae Jesus' birthay. It was believed that Jesus' real birthday was in the spring. Jesus, himself attended a pagan holiday, Hanukkah, which has no Biblical basis by the way. The lights and festivities only celebrate Christmas, I wouldn't freak out over it. We have something to celebrate the birth of our Lord!
nope sorry you are wrong it is pagan.as all holidays are pagan.
just wondering

Blacklick, OH

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>nope sorry you are wrong it is pagan.as all holidays are pagan.
Did you just wake up?

Most internet trolls sleep 12 to 14 hours a day and you last posted to this roughly 14 hours ago.

What's your mom's basement like? Is it finished or just a musty hole in the ground beneath her house?
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Dec 6, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just wake up?
Most internet trolls sleep 12 to 14 hours a day and you last posted to this roughly 14 hours ago.
What's your mom's basement like? Is it finished or just a musty hole in the ground beneath her house?
you are a pagan and the truth hurts you......
just wondering

Blacklick, OH

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>you are a pagan and the truth hurts you......
No, I am an atheist just trying to get under your skin. Looks like I've succeeded.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Dec 6, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am an atheist just trying to get under your skin. Looks like I've succeeded.
funny after the life i have lived nope sorry you did not words do not hurt me...but the truth hurts you.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Dec 6, 2012
de1a wrote:
Christmas is based around the mid winter pagan hol also easter is the pagan spring solstice ,just fact no argument..
you are correct.
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#10 Dec 6, 2012
fred wrote:
How the Christians stole the Winter-Solstice holiday

Perhaps I should title this section, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" except that the Grinch, in this case, describes Christians, and 'Christmas' gets replaced by the original pagan celebrations.

Christians celebrate the Nativity, or the birth of the alleged Jesus every December 25. Contrary to belief, there exists no evidence for a Jesus born on a December. Not a single shred of Biblical text declares this date, nor gives a hint of a winter season birth for a Jesus "the Christ." In fact, there occurs not a tad of evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus!

The Christmas that we celebrate today derived from pre-Christian Germanic, Roman, and Celtic people who celebrated the winter solstice. The use of holly, mistletoe, yule logs, wassail bowls, and decorating a tree derived from early pagan customs. Many European countries still call this celebration "Yule-tide" meaning "wheel time," the cycles of time. None of these derive from Christian origin.

The Persian Mithras cult spread during the 3rd and 4th centuries B.C.E. and predates Christian ceremonies and rites such as: baptism, communion wafer, and Sunday rest. On December 25, the sacrifice of a bull celebrated the Sol invictus (the invincible sun) and signaled the birth of a young sun god who sprang from a rock or a cave in the form of a newborn infant.

The Romans celebrated the Winter Solstice on December 25th as a renewing of the sun every year. Also the Romans celebrated the festival of the Saturnalia from December 17th to the 24th to honor Saturn, the god of grain and agriculture. The festival consisted of a period of goodwill, devoted to visiting friends and the giving of gifts.

At the beginning of the first century, Christianity emerged as a fledgling religion but not until the 4th century did Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus. The motive behind the introduction of this celebration aimed at subverting the practice of pagan rituals such as Mithra and Saturnalia. Pope Liberus introduced the Nativity on December 25th 354 C.E.. By the 5th century, the event became so customary that it began to mark the beginning of the ceremonial year.

Today, we still celebrate with ornaments on trees, mistletoe and giving gifts, none of which has anything to do with Christian mythology. So instead of celebrating the Christian deception, why not opt for the earlier non-god celebration of the Winter Solstice? After all, it represents an actual event as the planet earth orbits about the sun. The universe presents us with far more magnificent events than the superstitious religionists have ever dreamt up. Even more than the imagination of Dr. Seuss.
from
www.nobeliefs.com
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#11 Dec 6, 2012
How the Christians stole the Easter holiday

Christians celebrate the annual festival commemorating the alleged resurrection of Jesus between March 22 and April 25. For centuries, Christian "scholars" have debated the date of Jesus' crucifixion (cruci-fiction?). Not even Christians know when he died. There occurs not a fragment of evidence about a Jesus crucified on Mt. Calvary or anywhere else (much less have evidence for his existence).

The Jews celebrate "Passover" at around this time, from an Exodus story where God passes over the "chosen ones" on his way to kill the firstborn of Egypt (Exodus 11, 12).

However, people had celebrated Easter during the vernal equinox long before Judaism, Christianity and their superstitious myths.

Nothing about the Easter bunny or colored eggs derives from Christianity, nor will you find them mentioned in the Bible.

No one knows the origin of the name Easter but some suspect that it derived from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon name of a Teutonic goddess of spring and fertility, to whom people dedicated a month corresponding to April. People celebrated her festival on the day of the vernal equinox. The tradition of Eastre survive in the Easter rabbit, a symbol of fertility, and in colored easter eggs, originally painted with bright colors to represent the sunlight of spring, and used in Easter-egg rolling contests or given as gifts. Even the early Egyptians and Persians dyed eggs in spring colors and gave them to friends.

Ancient religions commonly held such festivals including the Greek legend of the return of Persephone, daughter of Demeter, goddess of the earth, from the underworld to the light of day. Her return symbolized to the Greeks the resurrection of life in the spring after the desolation of winter.

By contrast, the Christians celebrate a tortured man dying on a piece of lumber and Jews celebrate the passover of a god on his way toward killing infants. What morbidity! Instead of celebrating death, why not opt for the original Easter and admire the coming of spring, and the renewal of life?

For more information on Easter and the differences between the original pagan Easter and the Christian Easter, click here.
www.nobeliefs.com
just wondering

Blacklick, OH

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>funny after the life i have lived nope sorry you did not words do not hurt me...but the truth hurts you.
OK, whatever. Enjoy your minutia!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#13 Dec 6, 2012
fred wrote:
Are you a practicing comedian?.... keep practicing.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#14 Dec 6, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
How the Christians stole the Winter-Solstice holiday
www.nobeliefs.com
That is soooo made up, it's funny. I chuckle.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Toby 106,535
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 4 min emz 729
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 min Johnny 811
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min WasteWater 2,585
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Aerobatty 64,091
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Peace_Warrior 618,741
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Steve III 654,090
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Toby 973,825
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 18 hr Clive 80
More from around the web