christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#144 Jan 14, 2013
Define: End Times

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#145 Jan 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>They were one of the largest religious movements in this country during the late 19th century, they too thought they had the end of times all figured out. The rest you'll have to look up yourself.
Righto, cheers :)

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#146 Jan 14, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
Define: End Times
What does it mean to you? You did care enough to respond after all.
<3

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#147 Jan 14, 2013
Off topic interlude question just cause I can:
Anyone seen The Hobbit? Any good?
Ta <3

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#148 Jan 14, 2013
Any thoughts?

http://www.daylightatheism.org/2008/12/strang...

http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/egw64.htm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/millerite

Does anyone think any of this is Biblical?
Any Archeology enthusiasts?

God IS love <3

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#149 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Any thoughts?
http://www.daylightatheism.org/2008/12/strang...
http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/egw64.htm
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/millerite
Does anyone think any of this is Biblical?
Any Archeology enthusiasts?
God IS love <3
While the story of the Millerites sitting there on the hill seems rather odd today, but in context of the great Christian experiment that was going on in America in the latter third of the 19th Century and the first couple of decades of the 20th, they were pretty much par for the course. This was the same era that produced the Mormons, the Shakers and dozens of other Christian sects and outright cults. Americans were reinventing Christianity both right and left and the Millerites were just one more reinvention.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#150 Jan 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>While the story of the Millerites sitting there on the hill seems rather odd today, but in context of the great Christian experiment that was going on in America in the latter third of the 19th Century and the first couple of decades of the 20th, they were pretty much par for the course. This was the same era that produced the Mormons, the Shakers and dozens of other Christian sects and outright cults. Americans were reinventing Christianity both right and left and the Millerites were just one more reinvention.
Yeah. It makes me sad to think how twisted my faith has become throughout the world...
Peace <3

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#151 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Yeah. It makes me sad to think how twisted my faith has become throughout the world...
Peace <3
William Miller was a well meaning sort, he didn't set out with the intention of disappointing those who came to follow him, he just came to think that he had God all figured out. It's a trait common among any group of believers and belief systems, not just Christians. There will always be those who speak with the certainty of "God" and for better or worse, there will always be those who will follow them.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#154 Jan 18, 2013
Turn Your Weakness into a Weapon
Dan 1-2, Matt 8:10-17, Ps 81, Pr 2:11-15
'I know it is all for Christ's good..' 2 Corinthians 12:10

Speaking of his 'thorn', Paul writes:'Three different times I begged The Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My gracious favour is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses... For when I am weak, then I am strong.'(2 Corinthians 12:8-10) Paul learned how to turn his weakness into a weapon by allowing it to drive him closer to God. And that's a lesson you must learn too. The NLT Bible paraphrases Christ's first beatitude:'God blesses those who are poor and realise their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.'(Matthew 5:3) Now, you can't just accept your character flaws and areas of defeat and say,'Well, I guess that's just the way I am.' No, you must confront each area of weakness, confess it, and 'let Christ take over'. You will always struggle with one thing or another. Paul recognised this:'...But this precious treasure--this light and power that now shine within us--is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own.'(2 Corinthians 4:7) Like common pottery, fragile, flawed and easily broken, God will use you as you surrender and allow Him to work through you.
The Word for Today
**********
I've had experiences that related to this, where I was so ill that I could do nothing but completely depend on and turn all my problems over to God. At times this has allowed me to spend more time with God and other times, it has left me ver open for God to work through me. I've learnt much in my 'broken' and 'weak' times. God is Love.
Peace, love and joy to all <3
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#155 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Turn Your Weakness into a Weapon
Dan 1-2, Matt 8:10-17, Ps 81, Pr 2:11-15
'I know it is all for Christ's good..' 2 Corinthians 12:10
Speaking of his 'thorn', Paul writes:'Three different times I begged The Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My gracious favour is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses... For when I am weak, then I am strong.'(2 Corinthians 12:8-10) Paul learned how to turn his weakness into a weapon by allowing it to drive him closer to God. And that's a lesson you must learn too. The NLT Bible paraphrases Christ's first beatitude:'God blesses those who are poor and realise their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.'(Matthew 5:3) Now, you can't just accept your character flaws and areas of defeat and say,'Well, I guess that's just the way I am.' No, you must confront each area of weakness, confess it, and 'let Christ take over'. You will always struggle with one thing or another. Paul recognised this:'...But this precious treasure--this light and power that now shine within us--is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own.'(2 Corinthians 4:7) Like common pottery, fragile, flawed and easily broken, God will use you as you surrender and allow Him to work through you.
The Word for Today
**********
I've had experiences that related to this, where I was so ill that I could do nothing but completely depend on and turn all my problems over to God. At times this has allowed me to spend more time with God and other times, it has left me ver open for God to work through me. I've learnt much in my 'broken' and 'weak' times. God is Love.
Peace, love and joy to all <3
You not a real/pure Christian.

hypocrite much ?

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#156 Jan 18, 2013
The discussions of judgements have been on my mind. I was talking to my mother in law last night about it and she helped me sort my own concepts of God's judgements, so part of what I'm sharing comes from her. A beautiful lady who judges no one, at least not out loud or that I know of. I think that God's judgement on His children is two fold. In Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?". In my experience and that of others I know, when we have judged another, eg; "When I get married, I'll never let my home get so messy and will care for all my family's needs, not like that (insert name)!" This behaviour gives God the go ahead, to judge us in our lives likewise; the person who made this judgement on another, goes on to get married, have kids and then falls to illness and cannot take care of either home nor family, until that person can see where this judgement was made and repents of it. That's just one example. Another quick one that applies here is a male Born Again Evangelical who judges and hatefully condemns all homosexuals/bisexu als etc... then goes on to have only one child, a gay son, refuses to accept and love him, refuses to repent then has a complete Mental/Nervous Breakdown and is lost to all. You can apply these to many, many, every day, real situations, both big and small. Then there is the other kind of judgement from God, talked about in Revelation; It says in Rev16:4-7, "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgements, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." And I heard the altar respond: "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgements." That's just one of many examples of God's Final Judgements, talked about in Revelation. In this, to me, only God knows our hearts and we cannot possibly even begin to know His mind or who or what will be judged by Him. I also cannot provide examples as the Final Judgements have not yet come to pass. My understanding of Revelation only leads me to speculate that all will be judged by God in accordance to their sins/doings, good and bad, regardless of beliefs, creed, race, sexuality, non beliefs and anything else that divides His beloved children. According to His knowledge of our thoughts, deeds and hearts. Tbc...

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#157 Jan 18, 2013
Judgements, Continued...

As for the topic of 'which sin is greater' and the Commandments of God, I believe in what Jesus taught; Matthew 22:36-40, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love The Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:'Love your neighbour as yourself'. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. " To me, if these two are followed, no Law will be broken. This passage reminds me of something that was said to me yesterday in a thread, where I am friendly with a lovely lady who is married to another lovely lady and is constantly and viciously attacked by Christians; I try to stay out of it but sometimes cannot help myself in defending this lady and rebuking some Christians for their words. I was told this: "Those disgusting gay sinners will burn in hell for eternity and you will burn too for supporting those demons!" (may not be word for word as I haven't checked it before quoting, may have been some cussing, but you get the idea) I personally don't understand or agree with that kind of mentality, nor do I think it's Biblical. We are not supposed to judge one another, it's hard for everyone not to sometimes and no one is perfect, but it's not what Jesus taught, only God can do this. Those are my opinions and beliefs on judgements and Laws. Peace, love and joy to all <3
UdiotraceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#158 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
The discussions of judgements have been on my mind. I was talking to my mother in law last night about it and she helped me sort my own concepts of God's judgements, so part of what I'm sharing comes from her. A beautiful lady who judges no one, at least not out loud or that I know of. I think that God's judgement on His children is two fold. In Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?". In my experience and that of others I know, when we have judged another, eg; "When I get married, I'll never let my home get so messy and will care for all my family's needs, not like that (insert name)!" This behaviour gives God the go ahead, to judge us in our lives likewise; the person who made this judgement on another, goes on to get married, have kids and then falls to illness and cannot take care of either home nor family, until that person can see where this judgement was made and repents of it. That's just one example. Another quick one that applies here is a male Born Again Evangelical who judges and hatefully condemns all homosexuals/bisexu als etc... then goes on to have only one child, a gay son, refuses to accept and love him, refuses to repent then has a complete Mental/Nervous Breakdown and is lost to all. You can apply these to many, many, every day, real situations, both big and small. Then there is the other kind of judgement from God, talked about in Revelation; It says in Rev16:4-7, "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgements, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." And I heard the altar respond: "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgements." That's just one of many examples of God's Final Judgements, talked about in Revelation. In this, to me, only God knows our hearts and we cannot possibly even begin to know His mind or who or what will be judged by Him. I also cannot provide examples as the Final Judgements have not yet come to pass. My understanding of Revelation only leads me to speculate that all will be judged by God in accordance to their sins/doings, good and bad, regardless of beliefs, creed, race, sexuality, non beliefs and anything else that divides His beloved children. According to His knowledge of our thoughts, deeds and hearts. Tbc...
You not a real /Pure Christian because you support War mongers, the wars, violences, dissensions...and when you sin again you pray and you sin so many time and you ask for forgiveness , you use god to cover your track, you war mongers and war supporters and War investors and arm -weapons manufacturers, to US military industrial Complex.... You bno pure Christain you use it to cover you tracks. So hyprocrite much? If you pure Christain you support Peace but you don't your Support Military,and wars, violent wars... so, what you have to say? Hypocrite much lately?

RUMINATE on this if you have a heart or have empathy for all those childrens who died or left parent less because of soldier stupidy actions gun fires into innocent childrens, mothers... not of you own race.

Eisenhower, Dwight, 1953

Every gun that is made, every warship that is launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.
reality sucks

London, UK

#159 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I just like the topic and am curious about what people might think.
yes we are living in the end times. your holey book has given you 1000 reasons why the god you worship dosnt give a d@m. so kiss your azs goodby and thank your folks for giveing you a life to waist worrying about crap you can do nothing about.

“All about companionship”

Since: Jan 13

U.S.A.

#160 Jan 19, 2013
More have died in the name of god than any other reason. So if anyone is going to say that your not a true Christian because you support war and violence then you don't know your own god very well.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#161 Jan 19, 2013
Companion 101 wrote:
More have died in the name of god than any other reason. So if anyone is going to say that your not a true Christian because you support war and violence then you don't know your own god very well.
Considering I never mentioned whether I 'support' war or not, I found the post redundant. I don't mean yours. I am an Army wife and neither support nor agree with war. However, I know there is not a thing I can do about that and do support my husband in everything, as well as all Soldiers who sacrifice so much for their countries.

“All about companionship”

Since: Jan 13

U.S.A.

#162 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering I never mentioned whether I 'support' war or not, I found the post redundant. I don't mean yours. I am an Army wife and neither support nor agree with war. However, I know there is not a thing I can do about that and do support my husband in everything, as well as all Soldiers who sacrifice so much for their countries.
Well I hope your husband treats you well and appreciates that he has a supportive wife. Believe me there are plenty of women that dont support nor appreciate their husbands.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#163 Jan 19, 2013
Companion 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope your husband treats you well and appreciates that he has a supportive wife. Believe me there are plenty of women that dont support nor appreciate their husbands.
He's a sweetheart, I just miss him.

“All about companionship”

Since: Jan 13

U.S.A.

#164 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a sweetheart, I just miss him.
I understand. I may not believe in god but I do have a heart. I miss someone as well. Its an emptiness that can only be filled by the one you love.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#165 Jan 19, 2013
Companion 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I may not believe in god but I do have a heart. I miss someone as well. Its an emptiness that can only be filled by the one you love.
That's very true...one does not have to believe in God to have a heart, don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do white women love Interracial Porn? (Nov '09) 3 min INFIDEL 534
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 764,209
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 554,818
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min AN NFL FAN 119,217
Relaxation Tantric Massage Service in dubai out... 6 min Jenny 2
How i can win an iphone 5s!! 7 min WIN iPhone 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 8 min Naturally Wired 37,634
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Remnant of 144000 603,591
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,036
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rick in Kansas 263,421

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE