Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#40868 Apr 30, 2014
The Bible says that: The heavens are the work of God’s hands (Ps 102:25), the heavens are the work of Jesus’ hand (Heb 1:10); God laid the foundations of the earth (Isa 48:13), Jesus laid the foundations of the earth (Heb 1:10); God is our judge (Ps 50:6, Eccl 12:14, 1Chron 16:33), Jesus is our judge (2Tim 4:1, Rev 20:12); God is the temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:22), Jesus (the Lamb) is the temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:22); God is the alpha and omega (Rev 1:8), Jesus is the alpha and omega (Rev 22:13); God is the first and last (Isa 44:6, 48:12), Jesus is the first and last (Rev 22:13); God is the beginning and the end (Rev 21:6), Jesus is the beginning and the end (Rev 22:13); Only God can forgive sins (Lk 5:21), Jesus forgives sins (Lk 5:20); God is our hope (Ps 71:5), Jesus is our hope (1Tim 1:1); God is eternal (Deut 33:27), Jesus is eternal (Isa 9:6, Heb 1:10-11); God will come with all the holy ones (Zech 14:5), Jesus will come with all the holy ones (1Thess 3:13); Only God is our savior (Isa 43:11), Jesus is our savior (Tit 2:13, 2Pet 1:1); God is the creator of the universe (Isa 44:24, Jer 27:5), Jesus is the creator of the universe (Jn 1:3); To God, every knee will bow and every tongue confess (Isa 45:22-23), to Jesus, every knee will bow and every tongue confess (Phil 2:10-11); God is the same and his years will have no end (Ps 102:27), Jesus is the same and his years will have no end (Heb 1:12); God is immutable (Mal 3:6), Jesus is immutable (Heb 13:8); God is over all (Ps 97:9), Jesus is over all (Jn 3:31); the spirit of God dwells in us (Rom 8:9), the spirit of Jesus dwells in us (Gal 4:6); God is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (Isa 8:14), Jesus is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (1Pet 2:8); God was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11:12-13), Jesus was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Mt 26:14-16); God is our shepherd (Ps 23:1), Jesus is our shepherd (Jn 10:11, 1Pet 5:4, Heb 13:20); God is Mighty God (Isa 10:21), Jesus is Mighty God (Isa 9:6); God is Lord of Lords (Deut 10:17, Ps 136:3), Jesus is Lord of Lords (Rev 17:14); God is our only Rock (Isa 44:8, Ps 18:2, 94:22), Jesus is our rock (1 Cor 10:4); God is our owner (Isa 54:5), Jesus is our only owner (Jude 4); No one can snatch us out of God’s hand (Deut 32:39), no one can snatch us out of Jesus’ hand (Jn 10:28); God is the horn of salvation (2Sam 22:3), Jesus is the horn of salvation (Lk 1:68-9); God renders according to our works (Ps 62:12), Jesus renders according to our works (Mt 16:27, Rev 22:12); God loves and corrects (Prov 3:12), Jesus loves and corrects (Rev 3:19); God’s words will stand forever (Isa 40:8), Jesus’ words will stand forever (Mt 24:35); God is the eternal light (Isa 60:19), Jesus is the eternal light (Jn 8:12, Rev 21:23); God seeks to save the lost (Ezek 34:16), Jesus seeks to save the lost (Lk 19:10); Paul is a slave of God (Tit 1:1), Paul is a slave of Jesus (Rom 1:1) even though no man can slave for two masters (Mt 6:24); God raised Jesus from the dead (Gal 1:1), Jesus raised himself from the dead (Jn 2:19-21); God is our guide (Ps 48:14), Jesus is our guide (Lk 1:79); God is our deliverer (Ps 70:5, 2Sam 22:2), Jesus is our deliverer (Rom 11:26); God is called God (Isa 44:8), Jesus is called God (Isa 9:6, Jn 20:28); God is the King of Israel (Isa 44:6), Jesus is the King of Israel (Mt 27:42, Jn 1:49). Since the Bible does not contradict itself, how can all these things be true if Jesus is not God?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40869 May 1, 2014
FARKEL wrote:
The Bible says that: The heavens are the work of God’s hands (Ps 102:25), the heavens are the work of Jesus’ hand (Heb 1:10); God laid the foundations of the earth (Isa 48:13), Jesus laid the foundations of the earth (Heb 1:10); God is our judge (Ps 50:6, Eccl 12:14, 1Chron 16:33), Jesus is our judge (2Tim 4:1, Rev 20:12); God is the temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:22), Jesus (the Lamb) is the temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:22); God is the alpha and omega (Rev 1:8), Jesus is the alpha and omega (Rev 22:13); God is the first and last (Isa 44:6, 48:12), Jesus is the first and last (Rev 22:13); God is the beginning and the end (Rev 21:6), Jesus is the beginning and the end (Rev 22:13); Only God can forgive sins (Lk 5:21), Jesus forgives sins (Lk 5:20); God is our hope (Ps 71:5), Jesus is our hope (1Tim 1:1); God is eternal (Deut 33:27), Jesus is eternal (Isa 9:6, Heb 1:10-11); God will come with all the holy ones (Zech 14:5), Jesus will come with all the holy ones (1Thess 3:13); Only God is our savior (Isa 43:11), Jesus is our savior (Tit 2:13, 2Pet 1:1); God is the creator of the universe (Isa 44:24, Jer 27:5), Jesus is the creator of the universe (Jn 1:3); To God, every knee will bow and every tongue confess (Isa 45:22-23), to Jesus, every knee will bow and every tongue confess (Phil 2:10-11); God is the same and his years will have no end (Ps 102:27), Jesus is the same and his years will have no end (Heb 1:12); God is immutable (Mal 3:6), Jesus is immutable (Heb 13:8); God is over all (Ps 97:9), Jesus is over all (Jn 3:31); the spirit of God dwells in us (Rom 8:9), the spirit of Jesus dwells in us (Gal 4:6); God is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (Isa 8:14), Jesus is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (1Pet 2:8); God was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11:12-13), Jesus was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Mt 26:14-16); God is our shepherd (Ps 23:1), Jesus is our shepherd (Jn 10:11, 1Pet 5:4, Heb 13:20); God is Mighty God (Isa 10:21), Jesus is Mighty God (Isa 9:6); God is Lord of Lords (Deut 10:17, Ps 136:3), Jesus is Lord of Lords (Rev 17:14); God is our only Rock (Isa 44:8, Ps 18:2, 94:22), Jesus is our rock (1 Cor 10:4); God is our owner (Isa 54:5), Jesus is our only owner (Jude 4); No one can snatch us out of God’s hand (Deut 32:39), no one can snatch us out of Jesus’ hand (Jn 10:28); God is the horn of salvation (2Sam 22:3), Jesus is the horn of salvation (Lk 1:68-9); God renders according to our works (Ps 62:12), Jesus renders according to our works (Mt 16:27, Rev 22:12); God loves and corrects (Prov 3:12), Jesus loves and corrects (Rev 3:19); God’s words will stand forever (Isa 40:8), Jesus’ words will stand forever (Mt 24:35); God is the eternal light (Isa 60:19), Jesus is the eternal light (Jn 8:12, Rev 21:23); God seeks to save the lost (Ezek 34:16), Jesus seeks to save the lost (Lk 19:10); Paul is a slave of God (Tit 1:1), Paul is a slave of Jesus (Rom 1:1) even though no man can slave for two masters (Mt 6:24); God raised Jesus from the dead (Gal 1:1), Jesus raised himself from the dead (Jn 2:19-21); God is our guide (Ps 48:14), Jesus is our guide (Lk 1:79); God is our deliverer (Ps 70:5, 2Sam 22:2), Jesus is our deliverer (Rom 11:26); God is called God (Isa 44:8), Jesus is called God (Isa 9:6, Jn 20:28); God is the King of Israel (Isa 44:6), Jesus is the King of Israel (Mt 27:42, Jn 1:49). Since the Bible does not contradict itself, how can all these things be true if Jesus is not God?
Amen!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40870 May 1, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, May 1
Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!—John 2:16.
What conclusion do you draw from Jesus’ cleansing of the temple? Visualize the scene: Jesus made a whip of ropes, and he drove out those selling cattle and sheep. He scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.(John 2:13-15, 17) That forceful action made the disciples recall the prophetic words of King David:“Sheer zeal for your house has eaten me up.”(Ps. 69:9) By taking firm action, Jesus showed a strong desire to defend true worship. Do you see in that account the Father’s personality? It reminds us that God has not only the unlimited power to wipe wickedness from the face of the earth but also the ardent desire to do so. This depiction of Jesus’ strong reaction to wrongdoing reveals how the Father must feel as he looks at the wickedness that is rampant on earth today. How reassuring that is to us when we are coping with injustices! w12 4/15 1:11
They use to SELL the watch tower magazines to all the JW's right in your kingdom hall buildings...didn't they?
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40871 May 1, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
They use to SELL the watch tower magazines to all the JW's right in your kingdom hall buildings...didn't they?
Nothing is sold at our Kingdom Halls! There is NOT any price put on any of our publication. We DO NOT EVEN HAVE ANY COLLECTION PLATES PASSED AROUND. We do have contribution boxes that you can give freely whatever you like.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40872 May 1, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text

That is yet another visible proof that Jesus Christ as Jehovah’s rightfully enthroned Ruler is breaking down human barriers, and he is the one who will soon “complete his conquest”!
Student.....Didn't you know that Jesus Christ has completed His conquest???

Didn't you know It is finished?

Did you know it is done?

Didn't He just die ONCE on the cross?

Yes , He has !!....student....

Jesus Christ loves us ALL.....RED, AND YELLOW, BLACK AND WHITE

ALL nationalities and ALL mankind.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40873 May 1, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is sold at our Kingdom Halls! There is NOT any price put on any of our publication. We DO NOT EVEN HAVE ANY COLLECTION PLATES PASSED AROUND. We do have contribution boxes that you can give freely whatever you like.
Student.....didn't I say USE TO SELL......READ it again,

.....and Yes they did.

so don't lie......

They also USE TO sell door to door for .$.50 per copy
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40874 May 1, 2014
Daily Text

Friday, May 2


The wife should have deep respect for her husband.—Eph. 5:33.


A wife who is guided by Jehovah’s Word and his holy spirit can do much to make her home a place of tranquillity and happiness. It is natural for a God-fearing husband to love his wife and protect her physically and spiritually. She yearns for his love, and that requires that she be lovable.“The truly wise woman has built up her house,” says Proverbs 14:1,“but the foolish one tears it down with her own hands.” A wise and loving wife contributes greatly to the success and happiness of her family. She also shows that she really appreciates God’s gift of marriage. Husbands and wives who base their union on Jesus’ example in dealing with his congregation show gratitude for God’s gift of marriage.(Eph. 5:22-25) What blessings spouses enjoy when they truly love each other and never let pride, the childish silent treatment, or other unchristian traits mar their marriage! w12 5/15 1:12, 14, 15
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40876 May 2, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Friday, May 2
The wife should have deep respect for her husband.—Eph. 5:33.
A wife who is guided by Jehovah’s Word and his holy spirit can do much to make her home a place of tranquillity and happiness. It is natural for a God-fearing husband to love his wife and protect her physically and spiritually. She yearns for his love, and that requires that she be lovable.“The truly wise woman has built up her house,” says Proverbs 14:1,“but the foolish one tears it down with her own hands.” A wise and loving wife contributes greatly to the success and happiness of her family. She also shows that she really appreciates God’s gift of marriage. Husbands and wives who base their union on Jesus’ example in dealing with his congregation show gratitude for God’s gift of marriage.(Eph. 5:22-25) What blessings spouses enjoy when they truly love each other and never let pride, the childish silent treatment, or other unchristian traits mar their marriage! w12 5/15 1:12, 14, 15
So what happens if the husband does not believe in the 'watch tower's lies?

Does the wife use the SHUNNING (silent treatment)?

Then get a divorce...?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40877 May 2, 2014
Student ....again I will ask you ..

What does "going THROUGH Jesus Christ mean to you?

Also, why do JW's just HOPE they are SAVED?
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40878 May 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Student ....again I will ask you ..
What does "going THROUGH Jesus Christ mean to you?
Also, why do JW's just HOPE they are SAVED?
Jehovah God saw fit to make his firstborn Son the central, or key, figure in the outworking of all His purposes (Joh 1:14-18; Col 1:18-20; 2:8, 9), the focal point on which the light of all prophecies would concentrate and from which their light would radiate (1Pe 1:10-12; Re 19:10; Joh 1:3-9), the solution to all the problems that Satan’s rebellion had raised (Heb 2:5-9, 14, 15; 1Jo 3:8), and the foundation upon which God would build all future arrangements for the eternal good of His universal family in heaven and earth.(Eph 1:8-10; 2:20; 1Pe 2:4-8)

Because of the vital role he thus plays in God’s purpose, Jesus could say, rightly and without exaggeration:“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”—Joh 14:6.

The Scriptures tell us:“Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.”(Heb 11:1)
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40879 May 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Student.....Didn't you know that Jesus Christ has completed His conquest???
Didn't you know It is finished?
Did you know it is done?
Didn't He just die ONCE on the cross?
Yes , He has !!....student....
Jesus Christ loves us ALL.....RED, AND YELLOW, BLACK AND WHITE
ALL nationalities and ALL mankind.
Not according to the Scriptures!

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
Christ has been raised up from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death]. 21 For since death is through a man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man.
22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.
23 But each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.
24 Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.
25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet.
26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.
27 For [God]“subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him.

28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40880 May 2, 2014
Saturday, May 3


Get up, eat much flesh.—Dan. 7:5.


Daily Text

More than a century before Daniel’s time, Jehovah revealed through the prophet Isaiah details about the world power that would conquer Babylon. Jehovah disclosed not only the manner in which the city of Babylon would be defeated but also the name of the conqueror. That leader was Cyrus the Persian.(Isa. 44:28–45:2) Daniel received two other visions regarding the Medo-Persian World Power. In one, the kingdom was depicted as being like a bear that was raised up on one side. In a separate vision, Daniel saw this dual world power symbolized by a two-horned ram.(Dan. 8:3, 20) Jehovah used the Medo-Persian Empire to fulfill prophecy by overthrowing Babylon and restoring the Israelites to their homeland.(2 Chron. 36:22, 23) However, this same power later came close to eradicating God’s people.—Esther 1:1-3; 3:8, 9; 8:3, 9-14. w12 6/15 1:12, 13
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40882 May 3, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah God saw fit to make his firstborn Son the central, or key, figure in the outworking of all His purposes (Joh 1:14-18; Col 1:18-20; 2:8, 9), the focal point on which the light of all prophecies would concentrate and from which their light would radiate (1Pe 1:10-12; Re 19:10; Joh 1:3-9), the solution to all the problems that Satan’s rebellion had raised (Heb 2:5-9, 14, 15; 1Jo 3:8), and the foundation upon which God would build all future arrangements for the eternal good of His universal family in heaven and earth.(Eph 1:8-10; 2:20; 1Pe 2:4-8)
Because of the vital role he thus plays in God’s purpose, Jesus could say, rightly and without exaggeration:“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”—Joh 14:6.
The Scriptures tell us:“Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.”(Heb 11:1)
JW's only have HOPE in their salvation....they just do not want to accept the FREE Salvation given to ALL of us in Jesus Christ.

They want to EARN it themselves , instead of the "God given gift"

What EVIL thoughts the watch tower has given these people?

Student.....working for the 'watch tower and THROUGH the watch tower will NOT get you saved.

They have to continue to work for 'watch tower , in delivering their magazines and spreading watch tower lies door to door until THEIR ... " A" GOD.....returns....

Is this just ignorance of the Bible or stupidity of the watch tower that interprets the scriptures the way they do?

Student...you have never given the TRUTHFUL interpretation of any scripture of the Bible you have ever posted.

Our "Heavenly Father " will not tolerate... LIES... about His Son...Jesus Christ!
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40883 May 3, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
JW's only have HOPE in their salvation....they just do not want to accept the FREE Salvation given to ALL of us in Jesus Christ.
They want to EARN it themselves , instead of the "God given gift"
What EVIL thoughts the watch tower has given these people?
Student.....working for the 'watch tower and THROUGH the watch tower will NOT get you saved.
They have to continue to work for 'watch tower , in delivering their magazines and spreading watch tower lies door to door until THEIR ... " A" GOD.....returns....
Is this just ignorance of the Bible or stupidity of the watch tower that interprets the scriptures the way they do?
Student...you have never given the TRUTHFUL interpretation of any scripture of the Bible you have ever posted.
Our "Heavenly Father " will not tolerate... LIES... about His Son...Jesus Christ!
I really sorry that you have no faith in the Almighty God Jehovah.

Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as “the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.”

It is an assurance or a guarantee, like a title deed, that we will come into possession of what God has promised.

Faith is based on powerful evidence, and as a result we have strong reasons for belief in that which cannot be seen with the physical eye.

It is not credulity, or a readiness to believe simply because something sounds good.

To have real faith, we must care enough to become personally familiar with the evidence that is the basis for it. We also need to consider carefully how what we are learning relates to our own lives and to cultivate genuine heartfelt appreciation for it.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40884 May 3, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I really sorry that you have no faith in the Almighty God Jehovah.
Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as “the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.”
It is an assurance or a guarantee, like a title deed, that we will come into possession of what God has promised.
Faith is based on powerful evidence, and as a result we have strong reasons for belief in that which cannot be seen with the physical eye.
It is not credulity, or a readiness to believe simply because something sounds good.
To have real faith, we must care enough to become personally familiar with the evidence that is the basis for it. We also need to consider carefully how what we are learning relates to our own lives and to cultivate genuine heartfelt appreciation for it.
No student....you are the one that has no FAITH in your Heavenly Father...You have no FAITH that God's Son , Jesus Christ died for your sins and you are SAVED for believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.

You JW's just have HOPE...so you really don't have FAITH in GOD! that He has SAVED you ALREADY.....

.And if you don't KNOW this...God will NOT know YOU!!

(Romans10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.)

Student ....FAITH needs no evidence !. Do you believe the Bible is God's WORD? that is all that is needed.

Student...you do not need the watch tower to tell you to have faith ...do you?

FAITH is sight unseen... yet we BELIEVE
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40885 May 3, 2014
Daily Text

Sunday, May 4


Where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.—2 Cor. 3:17.


How does holy spirit contribute to our freedom? Among other things, it produces within us qualities that are essential to freedom—“love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.”(Gal. 5:22, 23) Without those qualities, especially love, no society can be truly free—a fact that is obvious in the world today. Interestingly, after listing the spirit’s fruitage, the apostle Paul added:“Against such things there is no law.” What did he mean? The fruitage of God’s spirit is not restricted by any law that can limit its growth.(Gal. 5:18) After all, what would be the point of such a law? It is Jehovah’s will that we cultivate Christlike qualities forever and display them without restriction. Those who are enthralled by the world’s spirit and who indulge their fleshly desires may think they are free.(2 Pet. 2:18, 19) The reality, however, is quite the opposite. w12 7/15 1:13, 14
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40886 May 3, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
No student....you are the one that has no FAITH in your Heavenly Father...You have no FAITH that God's Son , Jesus Christ died for your sins and you are SAVED for believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.
You JW's just have HOPE...so you really don't have FAITH in GOD! that He has SAVED you ALREADY.....
.And if you don't KNOW this...God will NOT know YOU!!
(Romans10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.)
Student ....FAITH needs no evidence !. Do you believe the Bible is God's WORD? that is all that is needed.
Student...you do not need the watch tower to tell you to have faith ...do you?
FAITH is sight unseen... yet we BELIEVE
The question on all of this was thus raised in the first century C.E., because the controversy raged about Jesus Christ the Descendant of Abraham and of David.

That is why the apostle Paul wrote about the matter and showed that the information heard by Isaiah had come true in Jesus Christ as the “Servant” mentioned in Isaiah 52:13 and 53:11.

The glorification of Jesus Christ in heaven after his extraordinary sufferings as a man on earth was good news, Gospel, Evangel.“Nevertheless,” writes the apostle Paul with special reference to his own people,“they did not all obey the good news.

For Isaiah says:‘Jehovah, who put faith in the thing heard [from] us?’ So faith follows the thing heard. In turn the thing heard is through the word about Christ.”—Romans 10:16, 17.

A similar thing can be said today.“They did not all obey the good news.” This, even after the Christian witnesses of Jehovah have spent more then 100 years in proclaiming that the “times of the Gentiles” ended in the autumn of 1914 C.E. amid the first world war and that then Jehovah’s “Servant” received a new elevation by being exalted to the throne of the Messianic kingdom.(Hebrews 10:12, 13; Psalm 110:1, 2; Luke 21:24; Revelation 12:5-10)

The overwhelming evidence that has accumulated since 1914 C.E. in proof of this glorious fact has been pointed out by these witnesses of Jehovah. The good news about the Messianic kingdom of Jehovah’s “Servant” is better news today than it was nineteen hundred years ago, in apostolic times. In the face of the relatively small proportion of the world’s population that has put faith in the “thing heard [from] us” or proclaimed by us, it can truthfully be said:“They did not all obey the good news.” This explains the saddening state of the world of mankind today.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40887 May 3, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Sunday, May 4
Where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.—2 Cor. 3:17.
How does holy spirit contribute to our freedom? Among other things, it produces within us qualities that are essential to freedom—“love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.”(Gal. 5:22, 23) Without those qualities, especially love, no society can be truly free—a fact that is obvious in the world today. Interestingly, after listing the spirit’s fruitage, the apostle Paul added:“Against such things there is no law.” What did he mean? The fruitage of God’s spirit is not restricted by any law that can limit its growth.(Gal. 5:18) After all, what would be the point of such a law? It is Jehovah’s will that we cultivate Christlike qualities forever and display them without restriction. Those who are enthralled by the world’s spirit and who indulge their fleshly desires may think they are free.(2 Pet. 2:18, 19) The reality, however, is quite the opposite. w12 7/15 1:13, 14
Oh my!... student.....you JW's only believe "holy spirit" is just "Active force"...so HOW can
active force produce love, joy , peace, long suffering, goodness , faith , mildness, self-control,

You didn't capitalize Holy Spirit again , as if it is nothing important....so how can you tell so many lies on our GOD ALMIGHTY?

How can you sit there and tell so many lies on the Bible ..God's word?
What makes it so hard for you to BELIEVE in the "Holy Spirit" ?? Jesus said He would send the comforter ... the "Holy Spirit" how can that just be an active force....

Ignorance !

If you do not KNOW Jesus Christ....He will not know you...

"Baptizing you in the name of the Father, of the Son , and of the Holy Spirit.

NOT what you have said in an earlier post......... of the Father , of the Son , and of the active force.

It is beyond me ...you , as a MAN, could believe such IGNORANCE of the watch tower doctrine
lovewthin

Denver, CO

#40888 May 3, 2014
Romans 8:11 , "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you."

The Holy Spirit has thoughts and knowledge (1 Corinthians 2:10), and
He can feel sorrow and grief (Ephesians 4:30).

The Spirit can make intercession for believers (Romans 8:26-27).

He also has a will and makes decisions (1 Corinthians 12:7-11).

student.....how can an ' active force' do what the Bible says the Holy
Spirit does ?

There are many scriptures that tell you about the Holy Spirit, you really need to read them...... WITHOUT the watch tower!
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#40889 May 3, 2014
lovewthin wrote:
Romans 8:11 , "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you."
The Holy Spirit has thoughts and knowledge (1 Corinthians 2:10), and
He can feel sorrow and grief (Ephesians 4:30).
The Spirit can make intercession for believers (Romans 8:26-27).
He also has a will and makes decisions (1 Corinthians 12:7-11).
student.....how can an ' active force' do what the Bible says the Holy
Spirit does ?
There are many scriptures that tell you about the Holy Spirit, you really need to read them...... WITHOUT the watch tower!
It is true that Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’‘bearing witness,’‘giving evidence,’‘guiding,’‘speaking, ’‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’ In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the personal pronoun “he” to that “helper”(paraclete).(Compare Joh 14:16, 17, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15.)
However, it is not unusual in the Scriptures for something that is not actually a person to be personalized or personified.

Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36); and feminine pronominal forms are used of it in the original Hebrew, as also in many English translations.(KJ, RS, JP, AT) Wisdom is also personified at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.”

The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.”(Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,”‘working out covetousness,’‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’(Ro 7:8-11)

Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.

Since God himself is a Spirit and is holy and since all his faithful angelic sons are spirits and are holy, it is evident that if the “holy spirit” were a person, there should reasonably be given some means in the Scriptures to distinguish and identify such spirit person from all these other ‘holy spirits.’

At Matthew 28:19 reference is made to “the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” A “name” can mean something other than a personal name. When, in English, we say,“in the name of the law,” or “in the name of common sense,” we have no reference to a person as such.

Further evidence against the idea of personality as regards the holy spirit is the way it is used in association with other impersonal things, such as water and fire (Mt 3:11; Mr 1:8);

Christians are spoken of as being baptized “in holy spirit.”(Ac 1:5; 11:16)

Persons are urged to become “filled with spirit” instead of with wine.(Eph 5:18)

So, too, persons are spoken of as being ‘filled’ with it along with such qualities as wisdom and faith (Ac 6:3, 5; 11:24) or joy (Ac 13:52)

And holy spirit is inserted, or sandwiched in, with a number of such qualities at 2 Corinthians 6:6. It is most unlikely that such expressions would be made if the holy spirit were a divine person. As to the spirit’s ‘bearing witness’(Ac 5:32; 20:23), it may be noted that the same thing is said of the water and the blood at 1 John 5:6-8.

While some texts refer to the spirit as ‘witnessing,’‘speaking,’ or ‘saying’ things, other texts make clear that it spoke through persons, having no personal voice of its own.(Compare Heb 3:7; 10:15-17; Ps 95:7; Jer 31:33, 34; Ac 19:2-6; 21:4; 28:25.)

Ruach and pneuma, therefore, when used with reference to God’s holy spirit, refer to God’s invisible active force by which he accomplishes his divine purpose and will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Nohweh 48,375
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 445,708
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Rosesz 646,491
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 10 min Truthiness 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min The Hangman 971,620
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Toby 105,567
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min onemale 281,238
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web