Brother Lee Love

Statesville, NC

#40763 Apr 18, 2014
yon wrote:
That's about how I've come to see this whole thread.
The sad part is... Topix is full of the same.
yon wrote:
The number of serious people who have followed it have more than enough evidence to convince them what they'd be getting into.
I've had private messages from our so-called "followers-of-the-thread- without-ever-posting," and they've shared their thoughts. Believe me when I tell you, but I'm satisfied, regardless. It might be hard to believe, but I actually do have a following - those that read my posts regardless of where I post. And there's a couple that'll tell me when what's what.
yon wrote:
There's not much more point in adding to what's already been said and having to deal with the insanity of others who cannot be reasoned with.
There's many that'll continue and repeat themselves knowing that what we post will soon be long gone, either not knowing, or never conceiving the mere thought that some do go back, to try to find the beginning of these conversations. Their target audience, though, are those that visit just one time and never return. Such search-and-find, though, is quite common in the threads most visited by some of the smartest atheists and scoffers Topix has to offer. Perhaps, I should recommend this thread to some of them. Imagine the arguments among this crowd and the likes of some of the posters I'm referring to with the way this crowd argues with fellow-believers of our 'Elohiym (regardless of the differences in interpretation).

Perhaps, it's time to move on.
yon wrote:
I won't mention names. Don't have to. BLL and Dogen thank you for your contributions.
You are very welcome, and allow me to thank you, as well. And to continue my last comment, "It's time to move on"...

That's what they want. They'd love nothing more than our disappearance in order to have the opportunity, without opposition, to stand united against Student. One, that I need not mention, fails to realize that they'll get absolutely nowhere with their chosen method. But, that's how stubborn some will be and are! I'm trying to reveal, to them, the only method known in order to fulfill their intention, but will they listen? Of course, not. And why not? Pride.

Now, watch the judgicons I get. I'm already laughing about it.

I hope you're enjoying our feast.

Shalowm.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40765 Apr 19, 2014
Daily Text

Saturday, April 19

There is no searching out of [Jehovah’s] understanding.—Isa. 40:28.

One way to cultivate humility is to ponder over the greatness of Jehovah in comparison to us. Commenting on certain aspects of Jehovah’s magnificence, the apostle Paul wrote:“O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and past tracing out his ways are!”(Rom. 11:33) Although mankind’s knowledge of many things has increased greatly since Paul wrote those words, that statement still holds true. No matter how much we know, it should humble us to realize that there is no limit to what can be learned about Jehovah, his works, and his ways. It is noteworthy that Jehovah himself displays humility. Consider this:“We are God’s fellow workers.”(1 Cor. 3:9) Imagine that! Jehovah, the God of unmatched greatness, dignifies us in this way by giving us an opportunity to carry out our ministry using his Word, the Bible. w12 11/15 3:4, 6
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#40766 Apr 19, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The sad part is... Topix is full of the same.
<quoted text>I've had private messages from our so-called "followers-of-the-thread- without-ever-posting," and they've shared their thoughts. Believe me when I tell you, but I'm satisfied, regardless. It might be hard to believe, but I actually do have a following - those that read my posts regardless of where I post. And there's a couple that'll tell me when what's what.
<quoted text>There's many that'll continue and repeat themselves knowing that what we post will soon be long gone, either not knowing, or never conceiving the mere thought that some do go back, to try to find the beginning of these conversations. Their target audience, though, are those that visit just one time and never return. Such search-and-find, though, is quite common in the threads most visited by some of the smartest atheists and scoffers Topix has to offer. Perhaps, I should recommend this thread to some of them. Imagine the arguments among this crowd and the likes of some of the posters I'm referring to with the way this crowd argues with fellow-believers of our 'Elohiym (regardless of the differences in interpretation).
Perhaps, it's time to move on.
<quoted text>You are very welcome, and allow me to thank you, as well. And to continue my last comment, "It's time to move on"...
That's what they want. They'd love nothing more than our disappearance in order to have the opportunity, without opposition, to stand united against Student. One, that I need not mention, fails to realize that they'll get absolutely nowhere with their chosen method. But, that's how stubborn some will be and are! I'm trying to reveal, to them, the only method known in order to fulfill their intention, but will they listen? Of course, not. And why not? Pride.
Now, watch the judgicons I get. I'm already laughing about it.
I hope you're enjoying our feast.
Shalowm.
Why don't you just take your own advice?

Egocentric people... are unable to fully understand or to cope with other people's opinions and the fact that reality can be different from what they are ready to accept.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#40767 Apr 19, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Why don't you just take your own advice?
And leave you unopposed? I don't think that's wise.
lovewithin wrote:
Egocentric people... are unable to fully understand or to cope with other people's opinions and the fact that reality can be different from what they are ready to accept.
This from the one whose sole purpose is to attack Student. Convenient.
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#40768 Apr 19, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And leave you unopposed? I don't think that's wise.
<quoted text>This from the one whose sole purpose is to attack Student. Convenient.
( shaking head!)
You are really quite dense!

Asking questions is not attacking .

This is a discussion on Jw's....not "Brother Lee Love"
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#40769 Apr 19, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, April 19
There is no searching out of [Jehovah’s] understanding.—Isa. 40:28.
One way to cultivate humility is to ponder over the greatness of Jehovah in comparison to us. Commenting on certain aspects of Jehovah’s magnificence, the apostle Paul wrote:“O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and past tracing out his ways are!”(Rom. 11:33) Although mankind’s knowledge of many things has increased greatly since Paul wrote those words, that statement still holds true. No matter how much we know, it should humble us to realize that there is no limit to what can be learned about Jehovah, his works, and his ways. It is noteworthy that Jehovah himself displays humility
. Consider this:“We are God’s fellow workers.”(1 Cor. 3:9) Imagine that! Jehovah, the God of unmatched greatness, dignifies us in this way by giving us an opportunity to carry out our ministry using his Word, the Bible. w12 11/15 3:4, 6
Student....Why do JW's think that a lengthly study with them and their knowledge of the Bible ... is the way to be saved?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40771 Apr 19, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've come to the conclusion that this conversation is not only exhausting, but futile. You'll continue to defend your religion regardless of what anybody says. But, it's like I said, "Pride is a killer." Don't get it twisted, Liam. I know how this post sounds, but I'm not trying to be disrespectful. It's hard to express my intention without sound. All I'm saying, though, is that I've witnessed just how much you're willing to consider just by our discussion of Mary's so-called "perpetual virginity." All I ever ask is that my assertions be considered, and that's as simple as asking yourself, "Could he be right?" Then, do some research.
Regardless of our differences, you're alright in my book. Again, I meant no disrespect, so please don't take my post that way. You're one of the most coolest people I've met in Topix.
You are an alright guy too. We Catholics are often at a disadvantage when it comes to a debate. We are forced to debate from the position that sola Scriptura is a truth, which it's not. But in order to talk with a non-Catholic about our theology, we have to somehow step inside the verse verse verse and verse world - which is the common method amongst protestants and JW's especially. It's not easy. Especially when it comes to Marian doctrines. People demand to see a verse that explicitly states our position, when - given what the Sacred Scriptures are and how they came to us - it's an impossibility. It's best left said: Jesus Christ didn't come here to establish a book. He came to establish a Davidic Kingdom; a people, a Church. The Bible developed over time, within this Church. And at no time, ever, did this Church claim that everything about Jesus and Mary are spelled out in a few of His Apostle's writings....
I believe going by the Bible alone is against the Bible. No where does it teach to do it. No where does it state which books should be in the Bible. I could go on and on.
So for the Christian, we really only have two choices: the Catholic or Orthodox position. That's not to say God is completely absent in the 40,000 Protestant sects. There are so many good and godly people out there who are not Catholic. It comes down to the sincerity of ones heart imo..

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40772 Apr 19, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
( shaking head!)
You are really quite dense!
Asking questions is not attacking .
This is a discussion on Jw's....not "Brother Lee Love"
So, be it, then, lovewithin.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40773 Apr 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
You are an alright guy too. We Catholics are often at a disadvantage when it comes to a debate. We are forced to debate from the position that sola Scriptura is a truth, which it's not. But in order to talk with a non-Catholic about our theology, we have to somehow step inside the verse verse verse and verse world - which is the common method amongst protestants and JW's especially. It's not easy. Especially when it comes to Marian doctrines. People demand to see a verse that explicitly states our position, when - given what the Sacred Scriptures are and how they came to us - it's an impossibility. It's best left said: Jesus Christ didn't come here to establish a book. He came to establish a Davidic Kingdom; a people, a Church. The Bible developed over time, within this Church. And at no time, ever, did this Church claim that everything about Jesus and Mary are spelled out in a few of His Apostle's writings....
I believe going by the Bible alone is against the Bible. No where does it teach to do it. No where does it state which books should be in the Bible. I could go on and on.
So for the Christian, we really only have two choices: the Catholic or Orthodox position. That's not to say God is completely absent in the 40,000 Protestant sects. There are so many good and godly people out there who are not Catholic. It comes down to the sincerity of ones heart imo..
Which is why my position is that no one institution represents the "one, true Church" of our 'Elohiym, but rather, that those saved will have come from every denomination, or what-have-you. I often wonder what beliefs will be overlooked at our Judgment when taking into consideration that our expressions of Love might overshadow such beliefs. As it's written, at 1Corinthians 13:13, Love almost supersedes faith and hope.
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#40776 Apr 19, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And leave you unopposed? I don't think that's wise.
<quoted text>This from the one whose sole purpose is to attack Student. Convenient.
lovewithin is only doing her job, as among the many things that differentiate genuine Christians from those who are such in name only is their keeping separate from the world.

Jesus made this very emphatic on the night of his betrayal, saying to his followers:“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you.” He made the same point in prayer to his heavenly Father that evening, stating:“They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” John 15:18, 19; 17:16.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40777 Apr 19, 2014
Daily Text

Sunday, April 20

Jehovah is my light and my salvation.—Ps. 27:1.

The metaphor “Jehovah is my light” draws attention to the fact that Jehovah frees us from ignorance and spiritual darkness. A literal light may reveal a danger or an obstacle on our pathway, but it does not remove it. We must act wisely on what we see. In a similar way, Jehovah reveals to us the basic meaning of world events. He alerts us to the dangers of this system of things. He provides us with Bible principles that always work, but we must apply what we learn. When we do, we can act with more wisdom than either our enemies or our teachers.(Ps. 119:98, 99, 130) David’s words at Psalm 27:1 show that he must have recalled how Jehovah had delivered, or saved, him on previous occasions.(1 Sam. 17:37, 49, 50; 18:11, 12; 19:10) Jehovah will again become to his servants what he was to David—a salvation. How? By delivering his worshippers through the coming “great tribulation.”—Rev. 7:14; 2 Pet. 2:9. w12 7/15 3:3, 4

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#40778 Apr 19, 2014
Here is what other scholars say about the fake, fabricated name and it’s pronunciation "jehovah":

The Jewish Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of God. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible. The form 'Jehovah' is a philological impossibility."

The New Jewish Encyclopedia: "It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite."

Encyclopedia Judaica: "the true pronunciation of the tetragrammaton YHWH was never lost. The name was pronounced Yahweh. It was regularly pronounced this way at least until 586 B.C., as is clear from the Lachish Letters written shortly before this date."

The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia: "JEHOVAH is an erroneous pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton a four lettered name of God, made up of the Hebrew letters Yod He Vav He. The word "JEHOVAH" therefore is a misreading for which there is no warrant and which makes no sense in Hebrew"

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH."

Encyclopedia Americana: "Jehovah" -- "erroneous form of the name of the God of Israel."

A Dictionary of the Bible by William Smith: "Whatever, therefore, be the true pronunciation of the word, there can be little doubt that it is not Jehovah."

Encyclopedia Britannica: ""The pronunciation 'Jehovah' is an error resulting among Christians from combining the consonants YHWH with the vowels of ADHONAY....The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being."

Webster's Third New International Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "Intended as a transliteration of God's name but is of Catholic origin and without substance.

New Catholic Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "false form of the divine name YAHWEH.

The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "is an erroneous form of the divine name of the covenant God Israel."

The Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible: "Jehovah" --"is an artificial form."

Encyclopedia International: "Jehovah" --"the vowels of one word with the consonants of the other were misread as 'Jehovah.'"

Merits Students Encyclopedia:--"is an inaccurate reconstruction of the name of God in the Old Testament."

Nelson's Bible Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "The divine name Yahweh is usually translated Lord in English versions of the Bible, because it became a practice in late Old Testament Judaism not to pronounce the sacred name YHWH

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40779 Apr 19, 2014
Student wrote:
Jesus made this very emphatic on the night of his betrayal, saying to his followers:“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you.” He made the same point in prayer to his heavenly Father that evening, stating:“They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” John 15:18, 19; 17:16.
I'm glad you addressed me, Student, because I have a question for you.

I know that Jehovah's Witnesses believe and teach that only the elect should partake of the unleavened bread and the wine during Passover. But, do Jehovah's Witnesses truly believe the following scriptures coincide with this belief?

First, Paul wrote, "Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth (1Cor 5:8)." Now, I'm aware of the spiritual significance of this verse, but the Greek term for "keep the feast," which is "heortazo," is used, which provides us with a literal application of it's definition. Secondly, 1Corinthians 11:17-34 says...

17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Are we to believe that Paul was referring only to the elect? Would the elect act in such a manner that deserves such rebuke? Did Paul refer to these with such exclusions?

What say you, Student?

Before you answer, Student, know that I'm well aware that only the eleven were actually in attendance during what we call "the Lord's supper," as Judas had already departed.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40780 Apr 19, 2014
FARKEL wrote:
Here is what other scholars say about the fake, fabricated name and it’s pronunciation "jehovah":
The Jewish Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of God. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible. The form 'Jehovah' is a philological impossibility."
The New Jewish Encyclopedia: "It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite."
Encyclopedia Judaica: "the true pronunciation of the tetragrammaton YHWH was never lost. The name was pronounced Yahweh. It was regularly pronounced this way at least until 586 B.C., as is clear from the Lachish Letters written shortly before this date."
The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia: "JEHOVAH is an erroneous pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton a four lettered name of God, made up of the Hebrew letters Yod He Vav He. The word "JEHOVAH" therefore is a misreading for which there is no warrant and which makes no sense in Hebrew"
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH."
Encyclopedia Americana: "Jehovah" -- "erroneous form of the name of the God of Israel."
A Dictionary of the Bible by William Smith: "Whatever, therefore, be the true pronunciation of the word, there can be little doubt that it is not Jehovah."
Encyclopedia Britannica: ""The pronunciation 'Jehovah' is an error resulting among Christians from combining the consonants YHWH with the vowels of ADHONAY....The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being."
Webster's Third New International Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "Intended as a transliteration of God's name but is of Catholic origin and without substance.
The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia: "Jehovah" -- "is an erroneous form of the divine name of the covenant God Israel."
Encyclopedia International: "Jehovah" --"the vowels of one word with the consonants of the other were misread as 'Jehovah.'"
Merits Students Encyclopedia:--"is an inaccurate reconstruction of the name of God in the Old Testament."
Nelson's Bible Dictionary: "Jehovah" -- "The divine name Yahweh is usually translated Lord in English versions of the Bible, because it became a practice in late Old Testament Judaism not to pronounce the sacred name YHWH
"Yahweh" is incorrect, too, as "Yahweh" is the combination of the tetragrammaton, "YHWH," and the vowel-sounds of "ha'shem," which translated in English means "The Name." Hebrew does show that the pronunciation of the tetragrammaton has three syllables, though. From what I've gathered in my years of searching for the actual pronunciation, the most High's name is "Yahoweh," pronounced "YAH-hoo-way." I can't remember the source, but I remember that it's proposed that the term "adonai" was used as a substitute for the most High's original name because of it's pronounced similarity.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40781 Apr 20, 2014
FARKEL wrote:
God doesn't have a name. Period. We're free to call Him Lord, or Yahweh, or "Almighty", whatever, but not as a name like "Bill or Bob"..... He said His name is "I am". Well, that's not an actual name, and God wasn't trying to say He had a name. In fact, out of all the thousands of "gods" that people concocted, ours is the only one without a name. That is proof that we didn't make Him up. Because if we would have made this God up, we'd surely given Him a name like Thor or Zeus.
JW's simply read the modern printed Bible and saw the word "Jehovah", without any clue where it came from, and decided they'd start a religion. The very name of their sect is a comical blunder, since it came from a Latin Catholic source...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40782 Apr 20, 2014
.....And the Book of Revelation is wholly taken out of context by JW's and many Protestant sects alike. Really, it's a Book detailing the Mass in spectacular imagery. The combining of Heaven and Earth as the Eucharist becomes the flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ. One could sit in on a Catholic Mass with Revelation in hand, and you can see how it's entwined with the Book. It's not at all about doomsday end times.
Consider this: The prophecies have already come to pass. The city on 7 hills (Jerusalem. The Vatican is not on 7 hills btw), the whore of Babylon, the 144,000.... these prophecies are already done.
Look in Revelation 7. The 144,000 are on earth. Not in Heaven. In chapter 9 we have "a great crowd that no one can count (obviously greater than 144,000). THIS great crowd is in Heaven and they stand before the throne of God.
The 144,000 on earth, the 12 tribes of Israel scrambled to the mountains during the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. It was a horrible apocolyptic doomsday fire evil beast-like destruction in 70 AD. The great Jewish temple was destroyed. The only thing left standing, was the first Christian Church on Mt Zion, where in the upper room, Jesus instituted the first Mass and the apostles received the Holy Spirit 40 yrs earlier.

*one source: chapter 3 "Apocalypse Then" : The Lambs Supper; Mass as Heaven on Earth by Dr. Scott Hahn
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40783 Apr 20, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>"Yahweh" is incorrect, too, as "Yahweh" is the combination of the tetragrammaton, "YHWH," and the vowel-sounds of "ha'shem," which translated in English means "The Name." Hebrew does show that the pronunciation of the tetragrammaton has three syllables, though. From what I've gathered in my years of searching for the actual pronunciation, the most High's name is "Yahoweh," pronounced "YAH-hoo-way." I can't remember the source, but I remember that it's proposed that the term "adonai" was used as a substitute for the most High's original name because of it's pronounced similarity.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
But YHWH isn't an actual name. It is an attempt by early Biblical authors to apply a name to God. YHWH in early Hebrew simply means "I am". or "He who is". I doubt it offends Him by saying Yahweh as an actual name, provided you understand that it really isn't a name. Just call Him the "Almighty Creator". There. Or better yet, "Jesus". Because really, God took on a name when He took on human flesh. For the first time, we not only had a name of God, we had a face too! Jesus Christ our Lord.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40785 Apr 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
But YHWH isn't an actual name. It is an attempt by early Biblical authors to apply a name to God. YHWH in early Hebrew simply means "I am". or "He who is". I doubt it offends Him by saying Yahweh as an actual name, provided you understand that it really isn't a name. Just call Him the "Almighty Creator". There. Or better yet, "Jesus". Because really, God took on a name when He took on human flesh. For the first time, we not only had a name of God, we had a face too! Jesus Christ our Lord.
Exodus 6:2-3 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am Yahoweh: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of Be'el Sadday, but by my name YAHOWEH was I not known to them.

Psalm 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name YAH, and rejoice before him.

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses,
EHYEH 'ASER 'EHYEH: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,'EHYEH hath sent me unto you.

Let it be known that at every place the terms "GOD" and "LORD" are used in scripture and in all capitals as I've done here, that this is to replace the original tetragrammaton, which is "YHWH." The tetragrammaton appears more than any other name throughout the Bible.
Liam

United States

#40786 Apr 20, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Exodus 6:2-3 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am Yahoweh: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of Be'el Sadday, but by my name YAHOWEH was I not known to them.
Psalm 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name YAH, and rejoice before him.
Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses,
EHYEH 'ASER 'EHYEH: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,'EHYEH hath sent me unto you.
Let it be known that at every place the terms "GOD" and "LORD" are used in scripture and in all capitals as I've done here, that this is to replace the original tetragrammaton, which is "YHWH." The tetragrammaton appears more than any other name throughout the Bible.
The meaning of YHWH is not a name. Its literally means "not a name, He who has no name, "I am".
Instead of the authors trying to explain this every time they referred to the One Creator, God, they simply said "Yahweh".
Just call Him the Father. Alright.
Liam

United States

#40787 Apr 20, 2014
FARKEL wrote:
YHWH is not a sacred name. In fact, Jews stopped using it altogether because people began applying Yahweh as a name. And they feared violating His commandment: "Thou shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain"
so later Jewish copyist of scripture substituted "Adonai" which simply means "Lord".
Later, Catholic copyist of Scripture(St. Dominic in particular) combined Yaweh and Adonai and came up with the Latin name "Jehovah" which STILL is not an actual name. It STILL means. " I am what I am, He who has no name, eternal being, Creator"
No human name for God is applicable unless its Jesus Christ. When He came, we could put a face and name on God for the first time..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 828,676
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 3,557
Israel End is Near 11 min Theswamiji 67
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Gods r Delusions ... 584,393
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Porkpie Hat 270,675
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 33 min Theswamiji 6,301
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 37 min waaasssuuup 442,878
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr AntiqueAnnie 611,869
More from around the web