Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Liam

Aurora, CO

#40567 Apr 11, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto
Yon, here is what a man said who knew the Apostles personally... He sat and ate, walked and slept near them. He was ordained a Bishop by Peter and studied with John. His writings are preserved intact to this day:

"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40568 Apr 11, 2014
Since you place the traditions and teachings of men above those of God I don't suppose it matters to you what Messiah had to say.

Matt 15:7 O hypocrites, Isaiah prophesied well of you, saying,

8 This people draweth near unto me with their mouth, and honoreth me with the lips, but their heart is far off from me.

9 And in vain they worship me, teaching as doctrines, commands of men.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40572 Apr 12, 2014
Daily Text

Saturday, April 12

This good news of the kingdom will be preached.—Matt. 24:14.

It was Jehovah’s purpose that the descendants of Adam and Eve fill the earth. When Satan seduced Eve and then Adam disobeyed, God did not abandon his purpose. He did not panic, make hasty decisions, or overreact, giving up on the human family. Instead, he conceived a way to accomplish what he purposed for humans and for planet Earth.(Isa. 55:11) Jehovah has exercised great self-control and patience, even waiting thousands of years for some aspects of his purpose to work out the best way. Jehovah has also waited patiently so that more people can have everlasting life. Right now, he is making preparations to save “a great crowd.”(Rev. 7:9, 14; 14:6) Jehovah reaches out to people by means of our preaching work. The Kingdom message is the best possible news for humankind—yes, it is “good news.” w12 9/15 3:4, 5

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#40573 Apr 12, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, April 12
It was Jehovah’s purpose that the descendants of Adam and Eve fill the earth. When Satan seduced Eve and then Adam disobeyed, God did not abandon his purpose. He did not panic, make hasty decisions, or overreact, giving up on the human family. Instead, he conceived a way to accomplish what he purposed for humans and for planet Earth.(Isa. 55:11) Jehovah has exercised great self-control and patience, even waiting thousands of years for some aspects of his purpose to work out the best way. Jehovah has also waited patiently so that more people can have everlasting life. Right now, he is making preparations to save “a great crowd.”(Rev. 7:9, 14; 14:6) Jehovah reaches out to people by means of our preaching work. The Kingdom message is the best possible news for humankind—yes, it is “good news.” w12 9/15 3:4, 5

Previously refuted.

Our boy has nothing new. Just repetitive cut and pasts that are intended to maintain the brainwashed state. He has no idea how nugatory we find such empty words.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40574 Apr 12, 2014
"......Therefore the Gospel or the Good News to Israel is this: Yehovah is Yeshua in the flesh and He had to die to release her from that law of divorce. She can now be restored to the Kingdom when she repents and returns to the Kingdom principles.

Israel is observed in the Scriptures as playing a central role in Yehovah’s redemptive plan. This is why Yeshua was sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Yeshua sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Have you ever wondered why the people were so excited to hear Yeshua preach? They knew now that they could be restored to the Kingdom!....."

http://sightedmoon.com/what-is-the-gospel/

The Good News is therefore to the descendants of the Lost Tribes and Gentiles that would attach themselves and obey the LAW!

We now approach Passover, the first of the Blood Moons and the Feast of Unleavened Bread - HalleluYAH!
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40575 Apr 12, 2014
CONT'd

"Yahovah is getting His people, otherwise known as “His house” in order – as an example to the world. If the world does not see a difference with the people of Yah, they will not see what it is that they need to repent from.

1Pe 4:17 For the time has come for the judgment to begin from the house of God. And if it first begins from us, what will be the end of those disobeying the gospel of God?

Those of us who have decided to go back to the roots of our faith, turning from man-made doctrines, are being awakened to the fact that when we follow Yeshua, we are following Yehovah, and we are grafted into His people and the commonwealth of Israel."
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40576 Apr 12, 2014
Yes, the Good News will be preached and acted upon but not just because one responds and joins a cult.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40577 Apr 12, 2014
A cult that does not and cannot and will not respond to criticism.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40578 Apr 12, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, April 12
GEEZ! student! you guys act as though GOD is just a mere MAN!..." he didn't panic! or make a hasty decisions!" "or overreact"! or" give up on the human family!" "he had great self control"!!!!!!!!!!

Student.......do you really think GOD could PANIC ??....could make a hasty decision?? or Overreact????

Student ....you have no respect for "Our Heavenly Father"...

Our Heavenly Father COULD NOT, and I repeat could NOT ever have ANY those attributes you just mention!!

Student, get this through your head!......God is All Powerful...God is Perfect...God makes no Mistakes...God is Divine..
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40579 Apr 12, 2014
Obviously attacking student is not going to stop him or people from joining their club - or yours. It's only truth that will lead the way. HalleluYAH!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#40580 Apr 12, 2014
yon wrote:
Not sure if your question is rhetorical or if you still maintain Noah's wife was involved while Noah was passed out. God's law states that sons shall not be held accountable for the sins of their father - so therefore Noah's pronouncement must not have been something punitive, but prophetic. As in the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and more of the same type behavior was sure to follow in his progeny - whatever that behavior was - which I don't believe was some kind of sex act - particularly with his mother which would have brought immediate retribution against them both. So it had to be some kind of non-physical indiscretion for which the other two brothers would not engage in - but showed proper respect by covering their father's exposed condition.
Genesis 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Don't you think the curse, quoted above, is rather excessive, especially for the innocent party - that being Canaan - and considering that from a most literal perspective Ham told his brothers that Noah was passed-out naked in his tent?

I'll retract my proposal that Ham had relations with his own mother, as there's nothing that indicates that Noah's wife was Ham's mother. But, the law does explain that the husband's "nakedness" is his wife.

Leviticus 18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Genesis 9:22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

And the curse was prophetic, as the Canaanites were always subject to the neighboring nations. Regardless, why would Canaan be cursed and not Ham? Why not Mizraim, or Put, or Cush, for that matter?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40581 Apr 12, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I'll retract my proposal that Ham had relations with his own mother, as there's nothing that indicates that Noah's wife was Ham's mother.
Well who else would his mother have been?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40582 Apr 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
We can not come to agreements because we have very different views of Sacred Scripture. That's the underlying issue. You highlighted the word "til" in matt 1:25, as if to imply that we Catholics should have noticed this when the Apostles handed everyone a copy of the Bible.
My friend, the Bible was not compiled and handed out to the folks for our private interpretations. Again, you seem to think the Catholic Church was given a Bible, complete with chapters and verse; they read it and designed their theology. The Church came first, then the Bible.
I think every argument should begin with sola scripture....because it is no use to argue about a word in a verse in a chapter in a book. That's not how the word of God came to us.
Let me ask: do you believe the word of God is a set grammar and punctuation marks? Or do you believe the word of God is the meaning behind that grammar?
I believe the Word of "God" are records so that the doctrine not be lost. And before our anointed Savior walked among us, the texts of the old covenant were already established as "canon." All the texts of the new covenant are, for the most part, are records that show how our anointed Savior fulfilled the prophecies and promises. There are many quotes from the texts of the old covenant in the text of the new. This, to me, means the texts of the old covenant should not be ignored, or set aside. The texts of the new covenant rests on that of the old. If anything contradicts what's written in the texts of the old covenant, then they're not worth our adherence and should be acknowledged as unworthy material. And in regards to your statement, because I highlighted the word "till." I did that, because I know that it's taught and believed that Mary never had relations. The term "till" proves otherwise, though, and the Catholic institution should accept this fact. The belief that Mary remained a virgin forever shows the uselessness and error of such traditions.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40583 Apr 12, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, April 12
Student...did you know :??

God is Wisdom.

“God possesses perfect knowledge and therefore has no need to learn.

God has never learned and cannot learn.” Omniscience means all-knowing.

God knows everything, and His knowledge is infinite. It is impossible to hide anything from God.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40584 Apr 12, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, April 12
This is the work of Jesus Christ true followers.

Luke 10:1-After these things the Lord designated seventy others and sent them forth by twos in advance of him into every city and place to which he himself was going to come

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying:“All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40585 Apr 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
Yon, here is what a man said who knew the Apostles personally... He sat and ate, walked and slept near them. He was ordained a Bishop by Peter and studied with John. His writings are preserved intact to this day:
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
I see an error. It should appear as such...

"...as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the catholic Church."

Ignatius didn't use the term "catholic," at that time, as if that was the name of the Church. It was Cyril that used the term "Catholic" as a name. Ignatius used the term to express it's most literal definition, that being "universal," and nothing more. I've explained this before, yet you continue to ignore this fact. And where is it written, besides in Ignatius' letter, that people are prohibited from baptizing, or giving "communion," without the consent of a bishop? Can you, please and if you will, provide evidence that Ignatius was told this directly from Peter?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40586 Apr 12, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And where is it written, besides in Ignatius' letter, that people are prohibited from baptizing, or giving "communion," without the consent of a bishop? Can you, please and if you will, provide evidence that Ignatius was told this directly from Peter?
Yes.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40587 Apr 12, 2014
yon wrote:
Well who else would his mother have been?
Noah's first wife, perhaps? Again, there's not enough information given to establish an irrefutable conclusion. Let us not veer too far from the subject, though. In the end, whether it was his mother or not makes no difference as to why Canaan and not Ham was cursed when it was Ham that transgressed. And why such an extreme curse on the innocent if Ham only told his brothers that he saw his father's nakedness?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40588 Apr 12, 2014
You may as well ask student where it is written for elders to conduct closed door secret trials that determine the eternal fate of individuals
Liam

Denver, CO

#40589 Apr 12, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I see an error. It should appear as such...
"...as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the catholic Church."
Ignatius didn't use the term "catholic," at that time, as if that was the name of the Church. It was Cyril that used the term "Catholic" as a name. Ignatius used the term to express it's most literal definition, that being "universal," and nothing more. I've explained this before, yet you continue to ignore this fact. And where is it written, besides in Ignatius' letter, that people are prohibited from baptizing, or giving "communion," without the consent of a bishop? Can you, please and if you will, provide evidence that Ignatius was told this directly from Peter?
Ok, where did this "universal" church that Ignatius was a part of go? Did they dissipate after a few yrs? What happened to the people who believed like Ignatius, Clement, Polycarp, Justin Martyr, Ireneaus..... you do realize these guys predated your "Roman religion"?

Translation: your opinion that the Roman empire became the Roman Church, thus corrupting the word of God, is impossible. The Roman Empire was toppled. The Catholic Church in Rome was not. They are still there with Francis as the 266th Bishop of Rome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min funnyyyy 31,248
Little Jojo 2 hr KoKos Sassy 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 687,346
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,376
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 4 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 7 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
More from around the web