Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40543 Apr 10, 2014
Dogen wrote:
No religion (with a possible exception of the People's Temple) that I have examined have more of the characteristics of a cult than the Watchtower cult.
Not the Mormons, Church of Christ, Branch Davidians, Scientologists, Moonies, Heaven’s Gate, 1st Church of Satan, nor even the Manson Family meet more of the criteria on the list.
I like the idea that a religion is a cult that succeeded. But I think people in general are confused about dubs - other than they're just a nuisance. They don't promote themselves as religion but more like a multi-level marketing scheme distributing magazines. They don't appear destructive and there are no signs outside their kingdom halls suggesting anybody is welcome to come in. And there are no windows on most - very weird. So I don't believe that they are perceived as a religion(except among themselves) or a cult

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#40544 Apr 10, 2014
yon wrote:
Well it's interesting and there's certainly been much speculation - but I don't think Noah's wife was involved - at least there's nothing in the Gen 9 account to indicate such.
http://answersfromthebook.org/2009/11/08/noah...
I believe that that would have to be the case. If not, then why curse Canaan and not Ham for Ham's sin? Isn't that contradictory to Father's law?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40545 Apr 10, 2014
Blind Idiot wrote:
BLL( most educated clown posessing all earth wisdom only without of biblical spiritual clue)
The difference between earthy wisdom and spiritual wisdom is?

Earthy wisdom causes people to keep the commandments because they're afraid of the consequences if they don't. Spiritual wisdom causes people to keep the commandments because they love 'Elohiym and one another and thinks very little, or not at all, of reward.

Ponder that for a while.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40546 Apr 10, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
just to make it clearer to you BLL..... along with millions of others that know they are a cult.
"Millions of others," huh?

Well, become a Muslim, then, if numbers matter that much to you, because there are more than a billion Muslims worldwide - more than any other religion and philosophy.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40547 Apr 10, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that that would have to be the case. If not, then why curse Canaan and not Ham for Ham's sin? Isn't that contradictory to Father's law?
Not sure if your question is rhetorical or if you still maintain Noah's wife was involved while Noah was passed out. God's law states that sons shall not be held accountable for the sins of their father - so therefore Noah's pronouncement must not have been something punitive, but prophetic. As in the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and more of the same type behavior was sure to follow in his progeny - whatever that behavior was - which I don't believe was some kind of sex act - particularly with his mother which would have brought immediate retribution against them both. So it had to be some kind of non-physical indiscretion for which the other two brothers would not engage in - but showed proper respect by covering their father's exposed condition.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40548 Apr 10, 2014
Daily Text

Friday, April 11

Love one another.—John 13:34.

Love makes us want to do good things for other people.(Rom. 13:8-10) For example, love for our spouse will keep the marriage bed free of defilement. Love for the elders, coupled with respect for their work, will help us to be obedient and submissive to their direction. Children who love their parents obey and honor them and do not speak negatively about them. If we love our fellow humans, we will not view them as inferior or speak to them disrespectfully.(Jas. 3:9) And elders who love God’s sheep will treat them with tenderness.(Acts 20:28, 29) The quality of love should also stand out in our ministry. Despite the apathy or negative response of some, we will keep on preaching the good news. If we truly love God and our neighbor, we will view the Kingdom-preaching work as a great privilege and will carry it out joyfully.—Matt. 10:7. w12 5/15 4:14-16
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40549 Apr 11, 2014
Student wrote:
Love makes us want to do good things for other people.(Rom. 13:8-10) For example, love for our spouse will keep the marriage bed free of defilement. Love for the elders, coupled with respect for their work, will help us to be obedient and submissive to their direction.

And elders who love God’s sheep will treat them with tenderness.(Acts 20:28, 29) The quality of love should also stand out in our ministry.

Despite the apathy or negative response of some, we will keep on preaching the good news. If we truly love God and our neighbor, we will view the Kingdom-preaching work as a great privilege and will carry it out joyfully.—Matt. 10:7. w12 5/15 4:14-16
Love for your mate - and then they slip in love for those loving overseers who treat people with tenderness until they get them before a fabled judicial committee when the gloves come off - having already determined guilt they are already in the punishment stage. And somehow this has to do with the Good News of the Kingdom when there will be no more secret trials by men whose claim to authority is that they wash windows and clean offices in their secular work.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40550 Apr 11, 2014
And they wonder why there's so much apathy.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#40551 Apr 11, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the idea that a religion is a cult that succeeded. But I think people in general are confused about dubs - other than they're just a nuisance. They don't promote themselves as religion but more like a multi-level marketing scheme distributing magazines. They don't appear destructive and there are no signs outside their kingdom halls suggesting anybody is welcome to come in. And there are no windows on most - very weird. So I don't believe that they are perceived as a religion(except among themselves) or a cult

The design if Kingdom halls is based on pagan temples (and later masonic lodges which have the same origin).

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40552 Apr 11, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that that would have to be the case. If not, then why curse Canaan and not Ham for Ham's sin? Isn't that contradictory to Father's law?

It is dangerous to apply the fathers law to the father.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40553 Apr 11, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Friday, April 11
Love one another.—John 13:34.
Love makes us want to do good things for other people.(Rom. 13:8-10) For example, love for our spouse will keep the marriage bed free of defilement. Love for the elders, coupled with respect for their work, will help us to be obedient and submissive to their direction. Children who love their parents obey and honor them and do not speak negatively about them. If we love our fellow humans, we will not view them as inferior or speak to them disrespectfully.(Jas. 3:9) And elders who love God’s sheep will treat them with tenderness.(Acts 20:28, 29) The quality of love should also stand out in our ministry. Despite the apathy or negative response of some, we will keep on preaching the good news. If we truly love God and our neighbor, we will view the Kingdom-preaching work as a great privilege and will carry it out joyfully.—Matt. 10:7. w12 5/15 4:14-16

The Watchtower cult only wants dubs to love other dubs. Silent hatred is prescribed for former members.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40558 Apr 11, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that of all of Israel, she was chosen to deliver the seed of promise, our anointed Savior, into our plain of existence. She is truly blessed among women. However, Luke 11:27-28 declares, "And it came to pass, as [our anointed Savior] spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But [our anointed Savior] said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."
<quoted text>I believe here, you're mistaking the ark of the covenant for the Holy of Holies. All but a select few were forbidden from handling the ark of the covenant, but none were forbidden to gaze upon it when in sight. And only the high-priest was allowed entrance into the Holy of Holies, and only once every year.
<quoted text>First of all, it's not sin in general that's inherited from Adam, but uncleanness. And uncleanness isn't inherited through the woman, but by the man and his seed.
In order for our anointed Savior to be perfect at conception and birth, he could not come, literally, from the loins of Joseph, or he would've inherited Adam's uncleanness and would not have been a worthy (unblemished) sacrifice, as according to the law. In this, a seed identical to that of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, David, and Joseph, was placed in Mary's womb. This is the reasons our anointed Savior is referred to as the "second Adam." Like Adam, he 1) was "made" not from the loins of man, and 2) he was "made" perfect, or clean. In all of this, it was unnecessary that Mary be perfect, or even made perfect. Our anointed Savior still wouldn't have inherited uncleanness through her, except ceremonially. But, even ceremonial uncleanness would not be charged against him as according to the law. In conclusion, Mary being made perfect is strictly tradition, as nothing in scripture even suggests such a transformation.
<quoted text>Please and if you will, compare the following statements.
Example: And the children did not have dessert till they had finished their supper.
Matthew 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
You'll notice the terms "not" and "till" appear in both statements.
We can not come to agreements because we have very different views of Sacred Scripture. That's the underlying issue. You highlighted the word "til" in matt 1:25, as if to imply that we Catholics should have noticed this when the Apostles handed everyone a copy of the Bible.
My friend, the Bible was not compiled and handed out to the folks for our private interpretations. Again, you seem to think the Catholic Church was given a Bible, complete with chapters and verse; they read it and designed their theology. The Church came first, then the Bible.
I think every argument should begin with sola scripture....because it is no use to argue about a word in a verse in a chapter in a book. That's not how the word of God came to us.

Let me ask: do you believe the word of God is a set grammar and punctuation marks? Or do you believe the word of God is the meaning behind that grammar?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40559 Apr 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
The Church came first, then the Bible.
Scripture came first - then the apostate church that merged with the Roman sun-worshiping political system that still exists today that calls itself a religion but is in reality a political state.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40560 Apr 11, 2014
Watch tower is a very "destructive cult! "

The Watchtower define who goes to heaven and who doesn't?

Aren't the "anointed" the only ones allowed to be members of the governing body?

Aren't the anointed the only ones who can receive the bread and wine at the Last Supper memorial?

Doesn't the Watchtower lay claim to the absolute truth?

Mind control...makes one shed is/her own identity!

They say that all other Christian religion is controlled by satan.

They break up families...if one o the family leaves their doctrine...they are told to have nothing to do with them!

They try to change your belief of where SPIRIT/SOUL goes after death..

They say they are the "mouth piece for God" they are the true prophets ( when they have given so many FALSE prophecies)

They say Jesus returned invisibly in 1914.

They add to and take away from the BIBLE.

They LIE about GOD. Deceivers.

(AND lots more destruction in their path can be stated )

yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40561 Apr 11, 2014
What do you suppose Obama and the Queen were discussing in Rome in the last couple weeks? And why were they summonsed? Frequent flyer miles?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40562 Apr 11, 2014
A political state - the same as Islam and has killed just as many.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40563 Apr 11, 2014
I wonder if representatives of the wtbt$$$$ made an appearance too?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40564 Apr 11, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture came first - then the apostate church that merged with the Roman sun-worshiping political system that still exists today that calls itself a religion but is in reality a political state.
The Roman Empire fell in 476 AD. The Catholic Church that was established in Rome did not.
(Mathew 16:18, the gates of hell shall never prevail against it)

One of these days you'll be interested in truth. Until then, you seem to deliberately ignore everything presented to you. Just like a 9/11 conspiracy fanatic.
It sucks for people like me who spent a considerable amount of time showing how your assertions don't make sense. What is it that you want?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40565 Apr 11, 2014
yon wrote:
A political state - the same as Islam and has killed just as many.
That's a shame you believe that nonsense.
Next time you go to a hospital, i hope you remember who invented the hospital: the Catholic Church (or "Roman" Catholic Church for you fundies lol).
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40566 Apr 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
One of these days you'll be interested in truth. Until then, you seem to deliberately ignore everything presented to you. Just like a 9/11 conspiracy fanatic.
It sucks for people like me who spent a considerable amount of time showing how your assertions don't make sense.
Ditto

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 min Big Al 565
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min wherearethegods 989,720
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min June VanDerMark 41,734
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min wherearethegods 690,365
Would the world have been better off...without ... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 9
our STORE is starting on politics 2 hr Kill Your Television 3
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Paul is dead 14
More from around the web