Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#40515 Apr 8, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
You really only pay attention to what you want , the negative or how incorrect they are.
What are you paying attention to when Student posts a post that does nothing but give glory to 'Elohiym and you reply by saying, "JW's are a cult"?
lovewithin wrote:
I was NOT talking about studying the Bible .
I didn't say you were and neither was I. I explained how my studies of the Bible enticed me to study other fields and subjects.
lovewithin wrote:
The Bible says all 3 are as ONE....there is how the word "trinity" was born.
There was no "Holy Bible" in ancient Babel, also known as Babylon, where the original concept and worship of a "trinity" was born.
lovewithin wrote:
I love good useful knowledge.!
But, how do you determine what's "good, useful knowledge" and what's bad, useless knowledge, if you don't explore? Do you only read that which those you trust recommend? In the song "Rat Race," Bob Marley sang, "In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty."
lovewithin wrote:
I was speaking mainly of useless knowledge on god and goddesses, maybe it is of interest to you ...then carry on .
I will.

Understand, please and if you will, that I began studying the Bible as a skeptic and an opponent. After time, I obviously came to agree with the Bible. However and based on what I had learned, I thought it best to continue my studies on my own rather than having someone else dictate to me what I should and should not believe. And I thank 'Elohiym for the path I walked and continue to walk till this day.
lovewithin wrote:
BLL---you very well know what we are talking about when we say CULT...don't act like you don't .....just to be CORRECT. Your version was back in the 17th century....
I wonder if you're response is genuine, or if you're just parroting.
lovewithin wrote:
I truly wished someone had gotten hold of the JIM JONES evil guy ..BEFORE he took so many lives.
And I truly wish that people would give glory and honor to 'Elohiym for the simple fact that such a young person had and continues to have such a passion for learning about them and their Word.
lovewithin wrote:
Cult.......... a person or a group of people being in charge. You could definitely liken it to a dictatorship.
The people "on top" are in control of everything.
When new members are recruited they are not told what the group is really about, from the beginning.
They may think they know what the group is about and what will be expected of them, but they do not. Destructive cults are deceptive and manipulative.
They attempt to make people conform to being like the cult leader or leaders and their individuality is not encouraged. Many, many times cults twist scripture to use for their own gain.
Listen. I'm going to share with you the only way you're going to convince Student that the organization they're affiliated with, that being Jehovah's Witnesses, are a cult.

1) Provide evidence of the actual interpretation of every verse quoted.

2) Provide verses that perfectly agree with the initial verse in question.

3) If possible, provide secular and historical evidence that coincides with the actual interpretation of the initial verse quoted and the coinciding verses shared.

4) Keep in mind that speaker/audience relevance, cultural relevance, context, and the surrounding content, dictate the actual interpretation of the verse.

5) Also, keep in mind that the Hebrew and Greek texts are much more defining than our English texts.

There's more, but I'll end this here.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40516 Apr 8, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
The Bible says all 3 are as ONE...
...and our anointed Savior requested that his apostles become one with one another as he and Father are one. Then, in addition, he requested that they become one with him and Father, just as him and Father are one.

Wouldn't this mean, if his request was granted, that the so-called "trinity" became a so-called "quinity"?
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40517 Apr 8, 2014
Daily Text

Tuesday, April 8

God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred, because on it he has been resting from all his work that God has created for the purpose of making.—Gen. 2:3.

After God’s rest day began, disaster struck. Satan, an angelic son of God, set himself up as a rival god. He told the first lie and deceived Eve so that she disobeyed Jehovah.(1 Tim. 2:14) Eve, in turn, got her husband to join the rebellion.(Gen. 3:1-6) Even at that low point in universal history when God’s truthfulness was being called into question, Jehovah did not see the need to confirm with an oath that his purpose would still come true. Instead, in words that would be understood in God’s due time, he simply stated how the rebellion would be crushed:“I shall put enmity between you [Satan] and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He [the promised Seed] will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”—Gen. 3:15; Rev. 12:9. w12 10/15 3:2, 3
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#40518 Apr 8, 2014
Daily Text

Wednesday, April 9

Make known to me the way in which I should walk.—Ps. 143:8.

We may face a challenging situation in which our associates try to pressure us into following their human reasoning instead of supporting us in doing Jehovah’s will. Some may even encourage us to take action without considering God’s will in connection with a particular matter.(1 Sam. 26:8-11) To stand firm, we need to have clearly in mind Jehovah’s view of the matter and to be determined to stick to his ways. David prayed to Jehovah God:“Teach me to do your will.”(Ps. 143:5, 10) Rather than relying on his own ideas or giving in to another person’s urgings, David was eager to be taught by God. He ‘meditated on all of Jehovah’s activity and willingly kept himself concerned with the work of God’s own hands.’ We ourselves can discern God’s will by delving into the Scriptures and meditating on the many Biblical accounts of Jehovah’s dealings with humans. w12 11/15 1:10, 11

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#40519 Apr 8, 2014
Who cares who the messenger was? DID U GET THE MESSAGE?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40521 Apr 9, 2014
Student wrote:
We may face a challenging situation in which our associates try to pressure us into following their human reasoning instead of supporting us
To whom are you are you referring as "associates"?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40522 Apr 9, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>What are you paying attention to when Student posts a post that does nothing but give glory to 'Elohiym and you reply by saying, "JW's are a cult"?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

Listen. I'm going to share with you the only way you're going to convince Student that the organization they're affiliated with, that being Jehovah's Witnesses, are a cult.

1) Provide evidence of the actual interpretation of every verse quoted.
2) Provide verses that perfectly agree with the initial verse in question.
3) If possible, provide secular and historical evidence that coincides with the actual interpretation of the initial verse quoted and the coinciding verses shared.
4) Keep in mind that speaker/audience relevance, cultural relevance, context, and the surrounding content, dictate the actual interpretation of the verse.
5) Also, keep in mind that the Hebrew and Greek texts are much more defining than our English texts.
There's more, but I'll end this here.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Like I said you only pay attention to what you want, mainly yourself.

In post after post , I have tried to explain the taken away and ADDED words of their watch tower into scriptures and the twisting of the scriptures to fit the watch tower doctrine.

YOU use your own list of "why JW are a cult" to CONVINCE this student if you wish...Goodluck!....... that is if you think they are following a cult.

P.S. After reading the Bible...... Glad to know that you are a Believer in Jesus Christ ...

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#40523 Apr 9, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I thought I was using the term "cult" in both, the historic and the psychologically manipulative sense.
A great majority of the religious are only religious because they were made a member of a religion at conception. Growing up, they adopted the religious beliefs of other's as their own, most of the time learning from loved-ones that they revered. Very few of the religious grew up in a household wherein a religious choice was permitted and encouraged. And growing up, one common theme became fundamental.
Don't believe as we do and eternal punishment awaits.
As I believe, that either, is, or borderlines on the perfect description of a cult.

That certainly includes some of the main aspects of cults. The attempt to control the sheepeople via power and threats is one aspect of cult.

Here is the list I use. Others are very similar.

Clearly the JW cult smacks the proverbial cover off the ball.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40527 Apr 9, 2014
Like I said, they cannot be reasoned with.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40528 Apr 9, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Like I said you only pay attention to what you want, mainly yourself.
In post after post , I have tried to explain the taken away and ADDED words of their watch tower into scriptures and the twisting of the scriptures to fit the watch tower doctrine.
YOU use your own list of "why JW are a cult" to CONVINCE this student if you wish...Goodluck!....... that is if you think they are following a cult.
P.S. After reading the Bible...... Glad to know that you are a Believer in Jesus Christ ..
Have you ever read the translations made by other translators and measured them against the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures?

Were they all translated identically?

Do they all still have the incorrect and improper "Easter" at Acts 12:4, or have some of them replaced "Easter" with the correct and proper "Passover"?

Are you as much at odds with these other translations and the members of the congregations that read from them?

Are you a "king James'" version-only type of person?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40529 Apr 9, 2014
Dogen wrote:
That certainly includes some of the main aspects of cults. The attempt to control the sheepeople via power and threats is one aspect of cult.
Here is the list I use. Others are very similar.
Clearly the JW cult smacks the proverbial cover off the ball.
And that was my point when posting those two quotes.

Just about every religion I've studied and read about, in more ways than a few, perfectly fit the description of a cult. And yet, we have one person, here, that's constantly attacked and accused of being affiliated with a cult. But, the issue I find most disturbing is that, as the attacks and accusations continue, I've yet to see corrections being made, in a reasonable manner, to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the institution they're a member of is truly a cult. It would be most refreshing to witness, just one time even, irrefutable evidence presented alongside the accusation that a verse has been corrupted. For example...

At Acts 12:4, our English translations use the term "Easter." Yet, the Greek texts use the term "pascha." Now, every Greek scholar will declare that "Easter" is a most erroneous translation of "pascha," and that the correct translation is "Passover." Where's all the opposition, though?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40530 Apr 9, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And that was my point when posting those two quotes.
Just about every religion I've studied and read about, in more ways than a few, perfectly fit the description of a cult. And yet, we have one person, here, that's constantly attacked and accused of being affiliated with a cult. But, the issue I find most disturbing is that, as the attacks and accusations continue, I've yet to see corrections being made, in a reasonable manner, to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the institution they're a member of is truly a cult. It would be most refreshing to witness, just one time even, irrefutable evidence presented alongside the accusation that a verse has been corrupted. For example...
At Acts 12:4, our English translations use the term "Easter." Yet, the Greek texts use the term "pascha." Now, every Greek scholar will declare that "Easter" is a most erroneous translation of "pascha," and that the correct translation is "Passover." Where's all the opposition, though?

I, in fact, provided this some time ago.

No religion (with a possible exception of the People's Temple) that I have examined have more of the characteristics of a cult than the Watchtower cult.

Not the Mormons, Church of Christ, Branch Davidians, Scientologists, Moonies, Heaven’s Gate, 1st Church of Satan, nor even the Manson Family meet more of the criteria on the list.

Print the list out and start doing research (Wiki is a good starting point except for cults that go out of their way to heavily edit out negative references).
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40531 Apr 9, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever read the translations made by other translators and measured them against the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures?
Were they all translated identically?
Do they all still have the incorrect and improper "Easter" at Acts 12:4, or have some of them replaced "Easter" with the correct and proper "Passover"?
Are you as much at odds with these other translations and the members of the congregations that read from them?
Are you a "king James'" version-only type of person?
LOL...you look all that up if you want!

I already know that the watch towering inferno is a cult, along with millions of others.!

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40532 Apr 9, 2014
Dogen wrote:
I, in fact, provided this some time ago.
No religion (with a possible exception of the People's Temple) that I have examined have more of the characteristics of a cult than the Watchtower cult.
Not the Mormons, Church of Christ, Branch Davidians, Scientologists, Moonies, Heaven’s Gate, 1st Church of Satan, nor even the Manson Family meet more of the criteria on the list.
Print the list out and start doing research (Wiki is a good starting point except for cults that go out of their way to heavily edit out negative references).
Have you been trying to provide a link, because I haven't been seeing one in the post-window?

And most likely, you can provide evidence, too, to Student. But, you'll be the first I've seen. All I know is this...

If I agree with and teach ex-communication, and provide scriptures that I believe proves my beliefs, then I believe it's the responsibility of others, as each other's "keeper," to not only make me aware of my error, but to 1) prove how my error was made and 2) provide irrefutable evidence as to the correct interpretation of the verses I quoted.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40533 Apr 9, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you look all that up if you want!
I already know that the watch towering inferno is a cult, along with millions of others.!
just to make it clearer to you BLL..... along with millions of others that know they are a cult.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40536 Apr 9, 2014
Daily Text

Thursday, April 10

Who the Father is, no one knows but the Son, and he to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.—Luke 10:22.

Jesus revealed the Father to his disciples by means of his conduct. So when Philip asked Jesus:“Show us the Father,” Jesus could rightly say:“He that has seen me has seen the Father also.”(John 14:8, 9) When a leper begged Jesus to cure him, Jesus touched the man who was “full of leprosy” and told him:“I want to. Be made clean.” Upon being cured, the leper no doubt could see Jehovah’s hand in what Jesus did.(Luke 5:12, 13) Also, at the time of Lazarus’ death, the disciples must have felt the Father’s compassion when Jesus “groaned in the spirit and became troubled” and “gave way to tears.” Though Jesus knew that he was going to resurrect Lazarus, he felt the pain that was evident among Lazarus’ family and friends.—John 11:32-35, 40-43. w12 4/15 1:10
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40537 Apr 10, 2014
What Is a Cult?

The term “cult” is used loosely by many who may not be fully aware of its connotations. To prevent confusion, some theologians actually avoid using the term.

The World Book Encyclopedia explains that “traditionally, the term cult referred to any form of worship or ritual observance.” By that criterion, all religious organizations could be classified as cults. However, in general usage today, the word “cult” has a different meaning. The same encyclopedia notes that “since the mid-1900’s, publicity about cults has altered the meaning of the term. Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices.”

Endorsing the popular usage of the term, Newsweek magazine explains that cults “are normally small, fringe groups whose members derive their identity and purpose from a single, charismatic individual.” Similarly, Asiaweek magazine notes that “the term [cult] itself is vague, but it usually denotes a new religious creed built around a charismatic leader, who often proclaims himself to be the personification of God.”

The language used in a joint resolution of the 100th Congress of the State of Maryland, U.S.A., also conveys the derogatory connotation of the term cult. The resolution states that “a cult is a group or movement exhibiting excessive devotion to a person or idea and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control to advance the goals of its leaders.”

Clearly, cults are generally understood to be religious groups with radical views and practices that clash with what is accepted today as normal social behavior. Usually they conduct their religious activities in secrecy.

Many of these cultic groups actually isolate themselves in communes. Their devotion to a self-proclaimed human leader is likely to be unconditional and exclusive. Often these leaders boast of having been divinely chosen or even of being themselves divine in nature. w94 2/15 p.4
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40538 Apr 10, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Nimrod was born not long after the waters had desiccated, after the flood. And being the grandson of Ham, of a surety, Nimrod was made aware of the previous world and the reasons it was destroyed.
Now, Ham was not as righteous as some might assume, for it was Ham that had relations with his mother - Noah's wife - or "saw the nakedness of his father," as it's written. Leviticus 18:8 says and to understand, "The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness." Ham impregnated his mother, Noah's wife, and that's why Ham's son, Canaan, was cursed.
Well it's interesting and there's certainly been much speculation - but I don't think Noah's wife was involved - at least there's nothing in the Gen 9 account to indicate such.

http://answersfromthebook.org/2009/11/08/noah...
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40540 Apr 10, 2014
Student wrote:
What Is a Cult?

Newsweek magazine explains that cults “are normally small, fringe groups whose members derive their identity and purpose from a single, charismatic individual.” Similarly, Asiaweek magazine notes that “the term [cult] itself is vague,

, who often proclaims himself to be the personification of God.”

The language used in a joint resolution of the 100th Congress of the State of Maryland, U.S.A., also conveys the derogatory connotation of the term cult. The resolution states that “a cult is a group or movement exhibiting excessive devotion to a person or idea and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control to advance the goals of its leaders.”

self-proclaimed human leader is likely to be unconditional and exclusive.

Often these leaders boast of having been divinely chosen or even of being themselves divine in nature. w94 2/15 p.4
Watch tower organization fits most all this EXCEPT the charismatic part...they are not.!
JW's are unfriendly, uncaring, and shun you as if you are not there...UNLESS they knock on your door. Then they FAKE a friendly smile.

You mean you read another magazines than the watch tower...don't tell your watch tower men.??

Watch tower brainwashes their member (mind control).. they do not need communes...the members uses their own homes for the commune.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40541 Apr 10, 2014
Student wrote:
What Is a Cult?
The term “cult” is used loosely by many who may not be fully aware of its connotations. To prevent confusion, some theologians actually avoid using the term.
The World Book Encyclopedia explains that “traditionally, the term cult referred to any form of worship or ritual observance.” By that criterion, all religious organizations could be classified as cults. However, in general usage today, the word “cult” has a different meaning. The same encyclopedia notes that “since the mid-1900’s, publicity about cults has altered the meaning of the term. Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices.”
Endorsing the popular usage of the term, Newsweek magazine explains that cults “are normally small, fringe groups whose members derive their identity and purpose from a single, charismatic individual.” Similarly, Asiaweek magazine notes that “the term [cult] itself is vague, but it usually denotes a new religious creed built around a charismatic leader, who often proclaims himself to be the personification of God.”
Clearly, cults are generally understood to be religious groups with radical views and practices that clash with what is accepted today as normal social behavior. Usually they conduct their religious activities in secrecy.
Many of these cultic groups actually isolate themselves in communes. Their devotion to a self-proclaimed human leader is likely to be unconditional and exclusive. Often these leaders boast of having been divinely chosen or even of being themselves divine in nature. w94 2/15 p.4

I see you have completely ignored the conversation and the FACTUAL data provided to use another ignorant cut & paste from one of the watchtower cults rags.

You are pathetic.

Ignorance becomes no one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 692,057
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min NotSoDivineMsM 46,786
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 38 min onelongdong 439
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min onelongdong 619,842
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 990,685
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,411
Skype sex? (Feb '15) 15 hr willthis23 24
More from around the web