Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40419 Apr 3, 2014
El Shagede-HaKavod wrote:
<quoted text>
dear
again some wrong understanding meaning Lord taken from Hebrew Adonai,
the word modern english Lord is not proper name,
Lord is title and means same as well to the Angel of Lord, To YHVH and to Jesus,
try my dear to not confuse yourselves,because GODS NAME IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BEAR IN YOUR HEART AND BE RECOGNISIBLE BY YOUR HEART BEFORE MERCY THRONE AS HIS ADOPETED CHILD?
Cols 3;1-2
So,if you have been raised with Christ(born again)
seek the things that are above)only above) where Christ is,seated at the right hand of God(Also Jesus is not God Almighty)
Set your minds on things that are above,not on things that are on earth
(arguess who Jesus is,trinity, holidays,birthdays,parties,alc ohol ,earthly lusts sex, drugs,money and pleasure of this world etc..)
Yes sir.....LORD is title and Jesus Christ is NAME.

Yes sir... God's name... Yahweh... is very important.

Have a good restful sleep and a good day tomorrow.......goodnight.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40420 Apr 3, 2014
Daily Texr

Friday, April 4

The king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege to it.—Dan. 1:1.

Jehovah allowed the Babylonians to overthrow Jerusalem and to take his people into captivity.(2 Ki. 20:16-18) He foretold that the line of human kings who were said to sit on “Jehovah’s throne” in Jerusalem would be removed.(1 Chron. 29:23) However, Jehovah also promised that a descendant of King David, one who had “the legal right,” would come and reclaim that authority.(Ezek. 21:25-27) Another prophecy indicated that the Jews would still be worshipping at the temple in Jerusalem when the promised Messiah, or Anointed One, arrived.(Dan. 9:24-27) An earlier prophecy, written before Israel was taken captive to Babylon, stated that this person would be born in Bethlehem.(Mic. 5:2) If those prophecies were to be fulfilled, the Jews would have to be liberated from captivity, return to their homeland, and rebuild the temple. w12 6/15 1:9-11
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40421 Apr 4, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Yes sir.....LORD is title and Jesus Christ is NAME.
Yes sir... God's name... Yahweh... is very important.
Why is the son's REAL name any less important instead of something pagan?

Pr 30:4 - 6 " Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?

5“Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you "

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#40422 Apr 4, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes....but the dorks can't see it!
The New World Translation is a perversion, not a version, of the Bible.
The satanic cult 'watch tower... intentionally changes the rendering of text to conform to their own theology.
They saw that they were getting a lot of followers that actually BELIEVED their doctrine (gullible people) and they liked it so much ...they saw POWER in their deceiving all these gullible people.....they began loving it...... to see just how many will follow them...
That is what satan wants.....followers

This is one of the reasons I, and most others who are observers of the cult, distinguish between the WTBTS and the rank & file dubs.

The WTBTS is the evil. The dubs are just lost.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40423 Apr 4, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Watch tower inserts Jehovah everywhere it speaks of LORD
and calls Jehovah LORD.
So which is it ...student ????
When Jehovah rewarded his Son for faithfulness to the point of dying a shameful death on a stake, he “exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.”(Php 2:9-11)

Acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as Lord means more than simply calling him “Lord.” It requires that an individual recognize Jesus’ position and follow a course of obedience.(Compare Joh 14:21.)

As Jesus himself said:“Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”(Mt 7:21)

Jehovah God also granted immortality to his faithful Son. Therefore, although many men have ruled as kings or lords, only Jesus Christ, the “King of kings and Lord of lords,” has immortality.(1Ti 6:14-16; Re 19:16) it-2 p.266

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#40425 Apr 4, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jehovah rewarded his Son for faithfulness to the point of dying a shameful death on a stake, he “exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.”(Php 2:9-11)
Acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as Lord means more than simply calling him “Lord.” It requires that an individual recognize Jesus’ position and follow a course of obedience.(Compare Joh 14:21.)
As Jesus himself said:“Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”(Mt 7:21)
Jehovah God also granted immortality to his faithful Son. Therefore, although many men have ruled as kings or lords, only Jesus Christ, the “King of kings and Lord of lords,” has immortality.(1Ti 6:14-16; Re 19:16) it-2 p.266

Jesus did not die on a stake. This has been refuted so many times it is not funny.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40426 Apr 4, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not die on a stake. This has been refuted so many times it is not funny.
Right.! a CROSS

JW have to be different...if we called ourselves ..Jehovah Christians... they would change their name to ..Watch Tower witnesses (which that is a good name for them)

They have to stand out.... they are worldly people! They are like the Pharisees!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40427 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the son's REAL name any less important instead of something pagan?
Pr 30:4 - 6 " Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
5“Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you "
No, I do not think that Jesus 's name is Pagan. We do not say Gee-Zeus...

Jesus will answer to Jesus.

Jesus will not turn away just because of the Language..He knows all Languages. their are a lot of Bible scholars that call Him Jesus. Some will call Him Yeshua or Joshua.

God knows all things and all languages. He will turn no one away.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40428 Apr 4, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know how to answer questions that someone asks you, do you?

You just repeat the same scriptures that they give!!!!

I will tell you... YES.. Jesus Christ is LORD....not Jehovah....

so your men buddies of the watch tower is LYING to you.! they forgot to insert Jehovah name to make all other changes of the NWT sound right in both those scriptures ..

so you had to just repeat them didn't you.....you didn't believe a word of those scriptures did you?

.they are very evil people .
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40429 Apr 4, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus will not turn away just because of the Language..He knows all Languages. their are a lot of Bible scholars that call Him Jesus. Some will call Him Yeshua or Joshua.
Amen
Well said.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40430 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you pray to Mary to get to Jesus and ignore Yahweh?
You don't remove the second commandment - you just ignore it.
And then there's purgatory you promised to discuss.
And then the issue of salvation outside the RCC or jw's.
1. We never bypass Jesus when praying to Mary. It's no different than you asking me to pray for you. Together we pray. Right?
It's better described like this: we pray WITH Mary not TO Mary. She is praying with us, together, to her Son.

2. The second commandment is to not have false idols or gods. That is what God is concerned about. It's not about having mere statues in your garden. To think its about a carving or statue is approaching the second commandment in a paranoid mindset. If God was concerned about us having statues, he wouldn't have commanded us to create them: "and you shall make two cherubim of gold (two gold statues of angels) of hammered work shall you make them on the two ends of the mercy seat...."
Exodus 25: 18-20
Ancient Jewish temples are being uncovered by archeology as we speak.... inside these temples are statues. Not gods, statues! No big deal. The Jews certainly didn't think their artwork was "gods".
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40431 Apr 4, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Scholars are a dime a dozen. If they were in agreement we'd have one Bible.

You dodge the question. You say that Yahweh's name is important but His son's name isn't and that you can call him whatever you want which shows no honor - but rebellion.

John 5:22 "The Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him."
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40432 Apr 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. We never bypass Jesus when praying to Mary. It's no different than you asking me to pray for you. Together we pray. Right?
It's better described like this: we pray WITH Mary not TO Mary. She is praying with us, together, to her Son.
You treat Mary like dubs treat the wt
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40433 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you pray to Mary to get to Jesus and ignore Yahweh?
You don't remove the second commandment - you just ignore it.
And then there's purgatory you promised to discuss.
And then the issue of salvation outside the RCC or jw's.
1. Purgatory:

"Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold and silver, precious stones, wood, hay straw- each man's work will become manifest; for the day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, BUT ONLY AS THROUGH FIRE"
1Corinthians 3:11-15

Purgatory isn't necessarily a place, but a process. a "fire". a process which we are going through now, while still alive, as we become sanctified.
Shall we die unclean, we cannot automatically enter Heaven as the Apostle John described Heaven: "Nothing unclean shall enter it"... Rev 21:27

www.catholic.com/tracts/purgatory

2. Salvation outside the RCC?

Again, what is RCC? That very title does not make sense unless you use it in the proper context.(when referring to the Roman or Latin rite or the diocese of Rome, which is largely confined to the western world)
"Roman" is not a separate Catholic Church. So to say "there is no salvation outside the Roman Catholic Church is a weird statement.... It insults the 22 other Catholic Churches of the east. I attended Mass with members of the Maronite and Byzantine Catholic Churches last month. It was a neat service. They are not Roman Catholics.

In any event, at one time, the Church made the statement that "there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church." (This was before Protestanism.)
Protestants are by definition, a part of the Universal (Catholic) Church. They are just "Protesting". But they call on Jesus Christ just like us. They get Baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. This makes them bonafide Christians.
There are other intangibles when it comes to doctrine, but for now, I hope this clarifies the "no salvation" debate.
More importantly: Salvation ultimately comes down to God's decision, not ours. God is not bound by the same rules we are. He can grant salvation to any non Christian, Muslim or Jew if He wishes. Only God can see into our hearts. There are allot of variables that might make God allow a non Christian into Heaven. Demographics, tyranny.... many factors can dictate whether or not a person had a fair opportunity to be saved. Again, God will decide that, not us.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40434 Apr 4, 2014
And what about calling priests "father"?

Matthew 23:9

"And do not call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ because you have one Father, and he is in heaven."
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40435 Apr 4, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Student Jesus was not created....Jesus created ALL things...he did not create HIMSELF!

So in the scripture below your watch tower men CHANGED the scripture to read that Jesus created all OTHER things. They ADDED the word ..Other!

This changing ..(adding , and taken out of scriptures) is NOT of God. God NEVER intended for anyone to do this ......this is WRONG! Read the last chapter in the Bible..

.This is why your watch tower men CHANGED the Bible to New world translation......so it would go along with their doctrine of LIES.

Colossians 1:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#40436 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
You treat Mary like dubs treat the wt
No Yon, we treat Mary exactly like Jesus Christ did. Jesus was a devout Jew and "honored his Father and mother". No amount of honor to Mary would ever make Jesus jealous.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40437 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Scholars are a dime a dozen. If they were in agreement we'd have one Bible.
You dodge the question. You say that Yahweh's name is important but His son's name isn't and that you can call him whatever you want which shows no honor - but rebellion.
John 5:22 "The Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him."
Don't put words in my mouth ...yon!....I have never said that Jesus name was not important...
I answered your question that JESUS name was not pagan. Jesus Christ is the name I call The Savior .....you call Him what you call Him.

God the Son, God the Father, God the Holy Spirit. all are one...3 different entities ...all One
and ALL very important in my life!

I was replying to Baltimore post....just repeated what he said ..and he said the name Yahweh is important, I agreed.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40438 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
"And do not call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ because you have one Father, and he is in heaven."
Yon, in the old testament...they even say Father Abraham...this is not giving Abraham the importance of God. Matthew 23:9 is really taken out of context .

When Catholics say Father to their priest...it is out of repect as their spiritual leaders and they are much like a "father " in that respect. It is by no means making the priest as important as God.!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40439 Apr 4, 2014
yon wrote:
God knows the intentions of the Heart.

He knows if we are worshipping the wrong Father.

God KNOWS if we are worshipping HIM.

We have to pay for what sins we do.....do....NOT what people SAY we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 24 min andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 27 min andet1987 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min guest 675,420
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min Aura Mytha 110,005
I love to show off my hot wife (Jan '12) 3 hr Deewhy 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,720
the tricks and treats of healthcare 6 hr Sethlong 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Devil number 666 982,186
More from around the web