Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40364 Apr 1, 2014
Student......

The Trinity expresses the belief that God is one Being made up of three DISTINCT Persons... who exist in co-equal essence and co-eternal communion as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40365 Apr 1, 2014
Student..... some verses for you to read...I know your NWT will not be the same...because watch tower has changed them to fit their doctrine they give their members (JW)

here are a few of the verses expressing the concept of the Trinity - Matthew 3:16-17, Matthew 28:19, John 14:16-17, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Acts 2:32-33, John 10:30, John 17:11&21.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#40366 Apr 1, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Student..... some verses for you to read...I know your NWT will not be the same...because watch tower has changed them to fit their doctrine they give their members (JW)
here are a few of the verses expressing the concept of the Trinity - Matthew 3:16-17, Matthew 28:19, John 14:16-17, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Acts 2:32-33, John 10:30, John 17:11&21.
Correct lovewithin- and the Nicene Creed from the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. confirms this. The creed was formulated by the attending bishops after expelling Arius for heresies. Eusebius writes about this in the history of the early church.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40371 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct lovewithin- and the Nicene Creed from the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. confirms this. The creed was formulated by the attending bishops after expelling Arius for heresies. Eusebius writes about this in the history of the early church.
Man's creeds and dogmas do not equal truth - especially when they come from the unholy apostate RCC that changed times(Yahweh's calendar) and Laws(10 Commandments et al) Dan 7:25 - that invented the Trinity and made it a salvation issue and added like a rider to pork-barrel Congressional legislation that denying their particular version of the trinity that it also denied the deity of the Messiah that fueled much of the persecutions of the Dark Ages and continues among hypocrite religionists today that have not an ounce of love for their fellow man in them. They are pots that call the kettle black.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40372 Apr 2, 2014
Daily Text

Wednesday, April 2

My son, know the God of your father and serve him with a complete heart.—1 Chron. 28:9.

God’s Word often refers in a figurative way to parts of the human body. For instance, the patriarch Job stated:“There is no violence upon my palms.” King Solomon observed:“A report that is good makes the bones fat.” Jehovah assured Ezekiel:“Harder than flint, I have made your forehead.” And the apostle Paul was told:“You are introducing some things that are strange to our ears.”(Job 16:17; Prov. 15:30; Ezek. 3:9; Acts 17:20) One part of the human body, though, is referred to figuratively in the Bible far more often than any other. It is the one mentioned in a prayer by faithful Hannah:“My heart does exult in Jehovah.”(1 Sam. 2:1) In fact, Bible writers mention the heart nearly a thousand times, almost always in a figurative sense. It is of utmost importance that we understand what the heart represents because the Bible states that we need to safeguard it.—Prov. 4:23. w12 4/15 3:1, 2

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#40373 Apr 2, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Wednesday, April 2
My son, know the God of your father and serve him with a complete heart.—1 Chron. 28:9.
God’s Word often refers in a figurative way to parts of the human body. For instance, the patriarch Job stated:“There is no violence upon my palms.” King Solomon observed:“A report that is good makes the bones fat.” Jehovah assured Ezekiel:“Harder than flint, I have made your forehead.” And the apostle Paul was told:“You are introducing some things that are strange to our ears.”(Job 16:17; Prov. 15:30; Ezek. 3:9; Acts 17:20) One part of the human body, though, is referred to figuratively in the Bible far more often than any other. It is the one mentioned in a prayer by faithful Hannah:“My heart does exult in Jehovah.”(1 Sam. 2:1) In fact, Bible writers mention the heart nearly a thousand times, almost always in a figurative sense. It is of utmost importance that we understand what the heart represents because the Bible states that we need to safeguard it.—Prov. 4:23. w12 4/15 3:1, 2

How many times does it mention helping the poor (literally).

How often does you cult help the starving, homeless, disease infected?

How often would Satan reach out to this group?

So you are doing exactly what Satan would do (WWSD - What would Satan Do).
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40374 Apr 2, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times does it mention helping the poor (literally).
How often does you cult help the starving, homeless, disease infected?
How often would Satan reach out to this group?
So you are doing exactly what Satan would do (WWSD - What would Satan Do).
j
Just real quick, cant stay... but had to comment....

The ONLY thing I have ever heard of the JW freely giving is the watch tower magazines!!!

they may have a few can goods to give to their members only ...not sure on that!

Never have I heard of the organization helping the needy ..

.if anyone knows of a charitable contribution from the JW Kingdom Hall...I would sure like to know.... They do NOT help anyone!..... they think we are of satan!!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#40375 Apr 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
j
The ONLY thing I have ever heard of the JW freely giving is the watch tower magazines!!!
they may have a few can goods to give to their members only ...not sure on that!
.if anyone knows of a charitable contribution from the JW Kingdom Hall...I would sure like to know.... They do NOT help anyone!..... they think we are of satan!!

That was exactly the dig I was going for. JW are notoriously greedy as an organization. Though individual JW may give till it hurts it is mostly to the organization and not to people in need. The organization helps no one except themselves and, on rare occasions, members in extreme distress.

Yet giving materially to the poor is mentioned more times than any other concept except love and sin.

Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40377 Apr 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
j
Tshe news media never prints articles like this.

FEBRUARY 17, 2014 | PHILIPPINES
Update: After Super Typhoon Haiyan, Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Relief Effort
MANILA, Philippines—In response to the massive devastation caused by Super Typhoon Haiyan, Jehovah’s Witnesses have organized an ongoing global relief effort for the Philippines.
The branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Manila formed five disaster relief committees to expedite assistance to victims. More than 190 tons of supplies have been sent to the central Philippines. Witnesses from at least ten countries offered to assist with the relief effort. Volunteers are helping to rebuild and repair over 2,000 homes or provide medical support.
www.jw.org/news
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40378 Apr 2, 2014
Dubs see themselves as a totally spiritual organization, albeit misguided in several ways. Nevertheless their rationale is that the world is primarily spiritually sick and thus magazines are what they need most as there are many charities and government welfare programs that do nothing for a person's spiritual welfare. They'd do themselves a favor imo however if they'd offer some physical bread to the needy along with spiritual bread.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#40379 Apr 2, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
MANILA, Philippines—In response to the massive devastation caused by Super Typhoon Haiyan, Jehovah’s Witnesses have organized an ongoing global relief effort for the Philippines.
The branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Manila formed five disaster relief committees to expedite assistance to victims. More than 190 tons of supplies have been sent to the central Philippines. Witnesses from at least ten countries offered to assist with the relief effort. Volunteers are helping to rebuild and repair over 2,000 homes or provide medical support.
www.jw.org/news

When did JWs grow a heart?

They are known for amassing billions in wealth (mostly real estate) and has always said they provide for the "spiritual poor". The Watchtower has publically advocated AGAINST members giving to other charities.

Will all of that and the fact that this story was found on the JW website (which is known for making things up), I am very skeptical, to say the very least.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40380 Apr 2, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
www.jw.org/news
I cant believe it when your watch tower doesn't want you to do for any charitable works!! that is what they say anyway!

was this help...just for the members of watch tower, that was affected ?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40381 Apr 2, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Wednesday, April 2
The 'Heart' of anything is usually the center...like the saying..."the heart of a watermelon or (center) is the best". The ' heart' of a human body would be the center or the conscious would be the Center or our HEART... It is NOT the heart that pumps blood through out our body.

Our conscious is where God dwells.(should be where God dwells!)

AGAIN Student ....explain what THROUGH Jesus means....

lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40382 Apr 2, 2014
STUDENT.....this was found on one of your watch tower webs...don't know which one!

Although doing good deeds for people in need was important to Jesus, preaching about God's Kingdom was his primary mission.

And the ONLY needy he fed were those who were his followers!

What?????????? a LIE!

and:

watch tower seems to think their printing their magazine is CHARITABLE work...since they don't charge for it!!!! just donations!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40383 Apr 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
STUDENT.....this was found on one of your watch tower webs...don't know which one!
Although doing good deeds for people in need was important to Jesus, preaching about God's Kingdom was his primary mission.
And the ONLY needy he fed were those who were his followers!
What?????????? a LIE!
and:
watch tower seems to think their printing their magazine is CHARITABLE work...since they don't charge for it!!!! just donations!
John 6 : 8-13..........The Bible

8 Another follower there was Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter. Andrew said,

9 “Here is a boy with five loaves of barley bread and two little fish. But that is not enough for so many people.”

10 Jesus said,“Tell everyone to sit down.” This was a place with a lot of grass, and about 5000 men sat down there.

11 Jesus took the loaves of bread and gave thanks for them. Then he gave them to the people who were waiting to eat. He did the same with the fish. He gave them as much as they wanted.

12 They all had plenty to eat. When they finished, Jesus said to his followers,“Gather the pieces of fish and bread that were not eaten. Don’t waste anything.”

13 So they gathered up the pieces that were left. The people had started eating with only five loaves of barley bread. But the followers filled twelve large baskets with the pieces of food that were left.

Student....do you think Jesus made sure that these 5000 were ONLY His FOLLOWERS???

Did Jesus just ONLY heal His followers? I could go on and on.......
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40389 Apr 3, 2014
Daily Text

Thursday, April 3

Who has created these things?—Isa. 40:26.

In the physical world, precise timing can be seen on a microscopic as well as on a macroscopic scale. Atoms vibrate at consistent rates. International time-standard clocks regulated by atomic vibrations are accurate to 1 second in 80 million years. The movement of planets and stars is also precisely timed. Their predictable positions in the sky have been used to mark the seasons and to navigate. Jehovah—the Maker of these reliable “timepieces”—is indeed “vigorous in power” and deserves our praise. Precise timing can be observed in the world of biology. The life cycles of many plants and animals are regulated by internal clocks. Many birds instinctively know when to begin their migration.(Jer. 8:7) Humans too have internal clocks, usually governed by the 24-hour cycle of day and night.(Ps. 104:24) Yes, the Great Timekeeper is all-wise and all-powerful. w12 5/15 3:3, 4
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40390 Apr 3, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Trinitarians have been obliged to resort to strained reasonings to give a few verses in the Christian Greek Scriptures a Trinitarian twist. Let us examine a few.
They can be grouped into two categories:(1) Texts in which God, his Son and the holy spirit are mentioned in the same verse or verses and (2) texts in which any two of them are mentioned.
The first group includes the texts that are supposed to contain the so-called triadic formula.

These are
Matthew 28:19 (Father, Son, holy spirit),
1 Corinthians 12:4-6 (spirit, Lord, God),
2 Corinthians 13:14 ([13 in some Bibles] Christ, God, holy spirit),
Galatians 4:4-6 (God, Son, spirit of his Son),
Ephesians 4:4-6 (spirit, Lord, God)
and 1 Peter 1:2 (God, spirit, Jesus Christ).

Does the fact that God, his Son and the holy spirit are mentioned together prove that they share divinity, eternity and equality, as the Trinity dogma claims?

If so, then it might equally be asserted that the Trinitarian “Godhead” is made up of God, Christ and the angels!(See Mark 13:32; 1 Timothy 5:21.)

The fact that the teaching of the trinity is not mentioned, not discussed, not explained nor vindicated anywhere in the Scriptures when so many other main points of teaching are (and that in spite of the fact that it has been the most controversial teaching of so-called Christianity) is strong circumstantial evidence that neither Christ Jesus nor his apostles nor disciples, nor, for that matter, any of the prophets of old recognized or taught such a mysterious teaching.

God through his Word appeals to our reason. The trinity doctrine is a negation of both the Scriptures and reason.
Student

Mexico

#40391 Apr 3, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>

AGAIN Student ....explain what THROUGH Jesus means....
At what point in time does John introduce Jesus to us?

At his birth, as do the Gospel writers Matthew and Luke?

No.

He precedes that by countless ages. He takes us back to the beginning of all creation with the simple but profound introduction:

“In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [was divine, Schonfield]. This one was in the beginning with God. All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.”John 1:1-3.

Without prior knowledge of the rest of the Bible this introduction can be difficult to understand. For example, at Proverbs 8:22-31 the Word (Christ in his prehuman existence) is spoken of under the symbol of wisdom as a “master worker” collaborating with God in His creative work.

22 “Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago.

23 From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth.

24 When there were no watery deeps I was brought forth as with labor pains, when there were no springs heavily charged with water.

25 Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains,

26 when as yet he had not made the earth and the open spaces and the first part of the dust masses of the productive land.

27 When he prepared the heavens I was there; when he decreed a circle upon the face of the watery deep,

28 when he made firm the cloud masses above, when he caused the fountains of the watery deep to be strong,

29 when he set for the sea his decree that the waters themselves should not pass beyond his order, when he decreed the foundations of the earth,

30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,

31 being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men.

The apostle Paul confirms this thought in his letter to the Colossians, where Christ is spoken of as “the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created.” Colossians 1:15, 16;

From this we can see that the Word who “became flesh and resided among us” was God’s first creation and was then used by his Father to carry out all further creative work. John 1:14.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40392 Apr 3, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point in time does John introduce Jesus to us?
At his birth, as do the Gospel writers Matthew and Luke?
No.
He precedes that by countless ages. He takes us back to the beginning of all creation with the simple but profound introduction:
“In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [was divine, Schonfield]. This one was in the beginning with God. All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.”John 1:1-3.
Without prior knowledge of the rest of the Bible this introduction can be difficult to understand. For example, at Proverbs 8:22-31 the Word (Christ in his prehuman existence) is spoken of under the symbol of wisdom as a “master worker” collaborating with God in His creative work.
22 “Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago.
23 From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth.
24 When there were no watery deeps I was brought forth as with labor pains, when there were no springs heavily charged with water.
25 Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains,
26 when as yet he had not made the earth and the open spaces and the first part of the dust masses of the productive land.
27 When he prepared the heavens I was there; when he decreed a circle upon the face of the watery deep,
28 when he made firm the cloud masses above, when he caused the fountains of the watery deep to be strong,
29 when he set for the sea his decree that the waters themselves should not pass beyond his order, when he decreed the foundations of the earth,
30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,
31 being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men.
The apostle Paul confirms this thought in his letter to the Colossians, where Christ is spoken of as “the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created.” Colossians 1:15, 16;
From this we can see that the Word who “became flesh and resided among us” was God’s first creation and was then used by his Father to carry out all further creative work. John 1:14.
Watch tower sure CHANGES scriptures! Student WAKEUP!

Student...start at the very beginning of Proverbs 8......Speaking of Wisdom being an "Attribute" of God!! His DIVINESS! Student Wisdom is perfect knowledge.

Are you saying that God CREATED this Wisdom? and that at some point GOD was WITHOUT Wisdom??????????

Student if you believe God created Jesus ....then you are saying that God did not LOVE until He created Jesus!

Student...G.od has ALWAYS existed ..Psalm 90:2

1 John 4:8
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Student.... God has ALWAYS been Love !
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40393 Apr 3, 2014
Student....... you said verse 22 said ...Jehovah Himself PRODUCED me?????? Where did you get that? watch tower??? and verse 23...I was INSTALLED ?????

Proverbs 8:22-31...King James Version

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Good Bob 18,356
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,239
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 684,018
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 8 hr lester 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr Hukt on Fonix 983,547
Testing. 11 hr Johnny 1
harthside COOKIES 13 hr Want to know 3
More from around the web