Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#40073 Mar 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
And you don't understand that was an idiotic thing to do?
No, I don't. Rather, I commend such people for having such love and zeal for Father that they would try, to the best of their abilities and with the limited information made available to them at the time, to find out how to properly pronounce the most holy name in existence.
Dogen wrote:
He made a word up.
Do you believe Father will condemn him?
Dogen wrote:
Why don't I combine the vowels of Mississippi into Dgn? Then my screen name would be Diigiin.
That's your prerogative.
Dogen wrote:
And J does not exist in hebrew so it would actually be more like ~iigiin.
Fun word game, bad theology.
Why would it be "~iigiin"? The letter "J/j" didn't exist, but the letter "D/d" did.

How do you pronounce Father's name?
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#40074 Mar 25, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Student...you can BUY the watch tower magazine on EBAY !! LOL!! older ones might make you some money !!
I would like some of the early Watchtower magazines, but I can't find them on ebay. What is the web site you use?
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40075 Mar 25, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Student...this is so such a LIE..
.JW's do this all the time...in fact they focus all their attention on the watch tower..... and if their SPOUSE and CHILDREN are home and not with them at the meetings, they will SHUN them ! They could care less , if their families are STARVING!
If your spouse stops believing the lies of watch tower, you are told to have nothing to do with them!
They are told by the watch tower to have nothing to do with them...IF they do not attend the meetings and pioneer and believe all the other garbage they do for the watch tower
JW's have no love for their fellow man.....just for the watch tower.... they are told that they MUST OBEY THE WATCH TOWER!
Your OWN children...you will give up.. IF they LEAVE the watch tower organization, you have no idea if they are STARVING, and could care less!
The source I got this is from a JW that has LEFT the lies of the watch tower, and NO, student , I will not give the NAME of this person!....
..it may be on the INTERNET also!!
Be careful of what you post from hearsay.

Watchtower Jan. 15, 2007 page 20

Remaining Steadfast When a Child Rebels

If your child is unrepentant and is a baptized Christian, he may receive the strongest form of discipline—being disfellowshipped from the congregation. The extent of contact that you will then have with him depends on his age and other circumstances.

NOTICE
If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue to take care of his physical needs.

He also requires moral training and discipline, and you have the responsibility to provide these.(Proverbs 1:8-18; 6:20-22; 29:17) You may want to conduct a Bible study with him, involving his direct participation. You can draw his attention to various scriptures and to the publications provided by “the faithful and discreet slave.”(Matthew 24:45) You can also take the child with you to Christian meetings and have him sit with you. All of this can be done in hopes that he will take Scriptural counsel to heart.

The situation is different if the disfellowshipped one is not a minor and is living away from home. The apostle Paul admonished Christians in ancient Corinth:“Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.”(1 Corinthians 5:11) While caring for necessary family matters may require some contact with the disfellowshipped person, a Christian parent should strive to avoid needless association.

When an erring child is disciplined by Christian shepherds, it would be unwise if you were to reject or minimize their Bible-based action. Siding with your rebellious child would not be providing any real protection from the Devil. Actually, you would be endangering your own spiritual health. On the other hand, by supporting the efforts of the shepherds, you will remain “solid in the faith” and will provide the best help for your child.—1 Peter 5:9.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40076 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
I would like some of the early Watchtower magazines, but I can't find them on ebay. What is the web site you use?
Try this one...

http://www.bible.ca/jw.htm
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40077 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as you are on the internet ...keep looking ...you will find it...

.I was told by an active JW ....I didn't bother to find it.... watch tower magazine I have NO interest in that what so ever!
But they will take your money....so keep looking.....ask your watch tower men ...they certainly should know!!!

It could be another JW.. LIE....

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#40078 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Wednesday, March 26
[Holy spirit] will guide you into all the truth.—John 16:13.
Just as anointed Christians do, alert members of the great crowd are sticking close to God’s appointed channel for dispensing spiritual food.(Ps. 119:130) Thus strengthened, they too prove themselves ready for Christ’s return, staying active even under serious trial. In one Nazi prison camp, for example, at first the brothers had only one copy of the Bible. So they prayed for further spiritual food. Shortly thereafter they learned that a newly imprisoned brother had managed to smuggle a few new issues of The Watchtower into the camp inside his wooden leg. Among the survivors was an anointed brother named Ernst Wauer, who later recalled:“Jehovah helped us in a marvelous way to commit to memory the fortifying thoughts in the articles.” Then he said:“Nowadays, it is so easy to get spiritual food, but do we always appreciate it?” w12 9/15 4:14

The JW do not believe in the Holy Spirit. They believe in the man made Watchtower Bible and Track Society, INCORPORATED.

That is why the JW are not saved but will be disposed upon the scrap heap.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40079 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>

You can find them online in e-versions, but some of those have been altered by the WTBTS due to the attempt to hide doctrinal changes over time.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40080 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful of what you post from hearsay.
Watchtower Jan. 15, 2007 page 20
Remaining Steadfast When a Child Rebels
If your child is unrepentant and is a baptized Christian, he may receive the strongest form of discipline—being disfellowshipped from the congregation. The extent of contact that you will then have with him depends on his age and other circumstances.
NOTICE
If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue to take care of his physical needs.
He also requires moral training and discipline, and you have the responsibility to provide these.(Proverbs 1:8-18; 6:20-22; 29:17) You may want to conduct a Bible study with him, involving his direct participation. You can draw his attention to various scriptures and to the publications provided by “the faithful and discreet slave.”(Matthew 24:45) You can also take the child with you to Christian meetings and have him sit with you. All of this can be done in hopes that he will take Scriptural counsel to heart.
The situation is different if the disfellowshipped one is not a minor and is living away from home. The apostle Paul admonished Christians in ancient Corinth:“Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.”(1 Corinthians 5:11) While caring for necessary family matters may require some contact with the disfellowshipped person, a Christian parent should strive to avoid needless association.
When an erring child is disciplined by Christian shepherds, it would be unwise if you were to reject or minimize their Bible-based action. Siding with your rebellious child would not be providing any real protection from the Devil. Actually, you would be endangering your own spiritual health. On the other hand, by supporting the efforts of the shepherds, you will remain “solid in the faith” and will provide the best help for your child.—1 Peter 5:9.
IT was told by a Jehovah witness...ACTIVE...... your right ...it could be A LIE...

I could care less on reading your scripture of WHY you disfellowship....

I am talking about your OWN flesh and BLOOD....your children....of whom you gave BIRTH too..

HOW can anyone in their right mind think this is what GOD says to do!!!

You have NO love in you! HATE!!!! is what the watch tower PROMOTES..

A sick cult!

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40081 Mar 25, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you pronounce Father's name?

The correct way. The way Jews have pronounced it for 2400 years.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40083 Mar 25, 2014
What leading Greek scholars say about the NWT:

Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, professor of New Testament at Princeton University, calls the NWT "a frightful mistranslation," "Erroneous" and "pernicious" "reprehensible" "If the Jehovah's Witnesses take this translation seriously, they are polytheists." (Professor of New Testament Language and Literature)
Dr. William Barclay, a leading Greek scholar, said "it is abundantly clear that a sect which can translate the New Testament like that is intellectually dishonest."
British scholar H.H. Rowley stated, "From beginning to end this volume is a shining example of how the Bible should not be translated."
"Well, as a backdrop, I was disturbed because they (Watchtower) had misquoted me in support of their translation." (These words were excerpted from the tape, "Martin and Julius Mantey on The New World Translation", Mantey is quoted on pages 1158-1159 of the Kingdom interlinear Translation)
Dr. Julius Mantey , author of A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament, calls the NWT "a shocking mistranslation." "Obsolete and incorrect." "It is neither scholarly nor reasonable to translate John 1:1 'The Word was a god.'"
"I have never read any New Testament so badly translated as The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of The Greek Scriptures.... it is a distortion of the New Testament. The translators used what J.B. Rotherham had translated in 1893, in modern speech, and changed the readings in scores of passages to state what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and teach. That is a distortion not a translation." (Julius Mantey , Depth Exploration in The New Testament (N.Y.: Vantage Pres, 1980), pp.136-137)
the translators of the NWT are "diabolical deceivers." (Julius Mantey in discussion with Walter Martin)

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-NWT.htm

The JW cult is a bunch of apostates that are driven by their own poor self esteem

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40088 Mar 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
The correct way. The way Jews have pronounced it for 2400 years.
And which way would that be, this "correct way?"

I've already begun to clear my mind of the facts that 1) the Israelites stopped pronouncing the name of "God" out loud so as not to mistakenly take His holy name in vain (which is the reason the actual pronunciation has been lost) and 2) that "Yahweh" is a combination of the tetragrammaton (YHWH) and the Hebrew "Ha'Shem," which means "The Name."
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40089 Mar 25, 2014
lovwithin wrote:
Student......why did watch tower CHANGE this scripture from "I AM"
Is it because it JESUS is shown to be EQUAL to God. You know , God said those same words to Moses didn't He ?
In the New World Translation, Exodus 3:14 is translated,
"At this God said to Moses:`I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.' And he added:`This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "I SHALL PROVE TO BE" has sent me to you.'"
student..........Bringing this forward.... do you know why they CHANGED it....? could you tell us!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40090 Mar 25, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Student....
Why do you not believe the Bible, that Jesus was resurrected in the physical body?
( I got this from the BIBLE, this is my source of info here)
See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have," (Luke 24:38-39).
Also , I was told by a JW (still active)...that you guys don't believe that Jesus Christ is the MEDIATOR for all mankind......just the MEDIATOR for the 144,000 .... Is this correct ? yes or no, if you can.
Also bringing this forward....why don't JW's BELIEVE this scripture of the BIBLE?????
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40092 Mar 26, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
2) that "Yahweh" is a combination of the tetragrammaton (YHWH) and the Hebrew "Ha'Shem," which means "The Name."
Never heard that before. Any empirical evidence.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40093 Mar 26, 2014
El Shagade Adopt Gods son wrote:
I am convience that G-D Name we can not always use in any circumsatnces or life daily events
according to me,
G-D Name is abused by JW?
Changing identities again. Lucid one post and Dr Wacko the next.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40094 Mar 26, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Student....
Why do you not believe the Bible, that Jesus was resurrected in the physical body?
( I got this from the BIBLE, this is my source of info here)
See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have," (Luke 24:38-39)..
On some occasions the disciples did not know or recognize the resurrected Jesus.(Matt. 28:16, 17; Luke 24:15, 16; John 20:14-16; 21:4-12) The explanation for this is given in the words found in the Latin Vulgate, the Roman Catholic Douay Version, the German Luther Bible and the Authorized (King James) Version, in Mark 16:12. This verse in the Douay Version reads:“And after that he appeared in another shape to two of them walking, as they were going into the country.” The Greek word there translated “shape” is morphé, which the Greek-English Lexicon says means “form, shape, fashion, appearance.” But even apart from what Mark 16:12 says, a careful study of the resurrection appearances makes it clear to the honest investigator, who does not need to be a Sherlock Holmes of a detective, that the resurrected Jesus materialized different bodies to suit the occasion. On at least two occasions he materialized bodies that resembled the one in which he had been nailed to the stake.(Luke 24:38-40; John 20:20-27) On other occasions the form or shape that he materialized left the disciples in doubt for a while.
lovewithin wrote:
Also , I was told by a JW (still active)...that you guys don't believe that Jesus Christ is the MEDIATOR for all mankind......just the MEDIATOR for the 144,000 .... Is this correct ? yes or no, if you can.
Yes
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#40095 Mar 26, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Try this one...
http://www.bible.ca/jw.htm
Yes I believe she uses this web page
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40096 Mar 26, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Student......why did watch tower CHANGE this scripture from "I AM"
Is it because it JESUS is shown to be EQUAL to God. You know , God said those same words to Moses didn't He ?
In the New World Translation, Exodus 3:14 is translated,
"At this God said to Moses:`I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.' And he added:`This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "I SHALL PROVE TO BE" has sent me to you.'" .
John 8:58:
RS reads:“Jesus said to them,‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am [Greek, egoeimi].’”(NE, KJ, TEV, JB, NAB all read “I am,” some even using capital letters to convey the idea of a title. Thus they endeavor to connect the expression with Exodus 3:14, where, according to their rendering, God refers to himself by the title “I Am.”) However, in NW the latter part of John 8:58 reads:“Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.”(The same idea is conveyed by the wording in AT, Mo, CBW, and SE.)

Which rendering agrees with the context? The question of the Jews (verse 57) to which Jesus was replying had to do with age, not identity. Jesus’ reply logically dealt with his age, the length of his existence. Interestingly, no effort is ever made to apply egoeimi as a title to the holy spirit. rs p. 417
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40097 Mar 26, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
On some occasions the disciples did not know or recognize the resurrected Jesus.(Matt. 28:16, 17; Luke 24:15, 16; John 20:14-16; 21:4-12) The explanation for this is given in the words found in the Latin Vulgate, the Roman Catholic Douay Version, the German Luther Bible and the Authorized (King James) Version, in Mark 16:12. This verse in the Douay Version reads:“And after that he appeared in another shape to two of them walking, as they were going into the country.” The Greek word there translated “shape” is morphé, which the Greek-English Lexicon says means “form, shape, fashion, appearance.” But even apart from what Mark 16:12 says, a careful study of the resurrection appearances makes it clear to the honest investigator, who does not need to be a Sherlock Holmes of a detective, that the resurrected Jesus materialized different bodies to suit the occasion. On at least two occasions he materialized bodies that resembled the one in which he had been nailed to the stake.(Luke 24:38-40; John 20:20-27) On other occasions the form or shape that he materialized left the disciples in doubt for a while.
<quoted text>
Yes
DID you give this SOURCE ...where you got your INFO above......SHAME on you.!

Now student....Jesus did not do magical tricks with his body to suit the occasion, geez!!!...! jumping in one and out the other....why are you so IGNORANT.????

That is NOT what I asked you.....listen again....WHY do JW's not believe the scripture ..Luke 24:38-39
SEE my HANDS and FEET......student Jesus said SEE....MY.......HANDS and FEET...did He not????????? Jesus Christ also said ......A Spirit doe not has FLESH and BONE....!

So instead of giving me watch tower's interpretation of all those scriptures.... that Jesus use MAGIC tricks to suit the OCCASION!.......tell me WHY you don't BELIEVE what JESUS CHRIST..(our Savior)
said ! Can you possibly tell me ?......I thought JW said they Believed every word of the Bible....I can see that is a LIE.

PLUS you don't even BELIEVE Jesus IS who ALL mankind go THROUGH ( our mediator,..student!) Our Mediator , student!!.....to GOD...
That is an Satanic statement... student.....!

Jesus Christ is the Mediator for ALL mankind to our Heavenly Father.
You MUST go through Jesus..
lovewitin

Denver, CO

#40098 Mar 26, 2014
So ...student ......here is another scripture JW' don't BELEVE then...right?( I got this from the BIBLE,student)

1st Timothy :2: 5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Between GOD and MEN......Mediator........is that what it says student?

or did watch tower CHANGE it in the NWT..to read ..mediator to the 144,000 only ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 49 min River Tam 41,704
our STORE is starting on politics 1 hr zack LE hack 2
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 2 hr Johnny 12
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 560
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 3 hr Paul is dead 103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr another viewer 989,717
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 690,355
More from around the web