Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40045 Mar 25, 2014
Watchtower Aug. 15, 1968, page 494-495

Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?
WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam’s creation. The nearness of such an important date indeed fires the imagination and presents unlimited possibilities for discussion.

But wait! How do we know their calculations are correct? What basis is there for saying Adam was created nearly 5,993 years ago? Does the one Book that can be implicitly trusted for its truthful historical accuracy, namely, the Inspired Word of Jehovah, the Holy Bible, give support and credence to such a conclusion?

In the marginal references of the Protestant Authorized or King James Version, and in the footnotes of certain editions of the Catholic Douay version, the date of man’s creation is said to be 4004 B.C.E. This marginal date, however, is no part of the inspired text of the Holy Scriptures, since it was first suggested more than fifteen centuries after the last Bible writer died, and was not added to any edition of the Bible until 1701 C.E. It is an insertion based upon the conclusions of an Irish prelate, the Anglican Archbishop James Ussher (1581-1656). Ussher’s chronology was only one of the many sincere efforts made during the past centuries to determine the time of Adam’s creation. A hundred years ago when a count was taken, no less than 140 different timetables had been published by serious scholars. In such chronologies the calculations as to when Adam was created vary all the way from 3616 B.C.E. to 6174 B.C.E., with one wild guess set at 20,000 B.C.E. Such conflicting answers contained in the voluminous libraries around the world certainly tend to compound the confusion when seeking an answer to the above questions.

Cont...
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40046 Mar 25, 2014
In the previous article we learned from the Inspired Writings themselves, independent of the uninspired marginal notes of some Bibles, that the seventy years of desolation of the land of Judah began to count about October 1, 607 B.C.E. The beginning of this seventy-year period was obviously tied to its ending, that is, with the fall of Babylon in 539 B.C.E. So with 607 B.C.E. as dependably fixed on our Gregorian calendar as the absolute date of 539 B.C.E. we are prepared to move farther back in the count of time, to the dating of other important events in Bible history. For instance, the years when Saul, David and Solomon reigned successively over God’s chosen people can now be dated in terms of the present-day calendar.

At the death of Solomon his kingdom was split into two parts. The southern two-tribe part, composed of Judah and Benjamin, continued to be ruled by Solomon’s descendants, and was known as the kingdom of Judah. The northern ten tribes made up the kingdom of Israel, sometimes called “Samaria” after the name of its later capital city, and were ruled over by Jeroboam and his successors. By our applying the prophetic time period of 390 years found in Ezekiel 4:1-9 with regard to Jerusalem’s destruction the death of Solomon is found to be in the year 997 B.C.E. This was 390 years before the destruction of Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E…………………………
One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation!(Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.”(Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”!

Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them.(1 Pet. 4:7) Hence, there was a ring of alarm and a cry of urgency in all their writings.(Acts 20:20; 2 Tim. 4:2) And rightly so. If they had delayed or dillydallied and had been complacent with the idea the end was some thousands of years off they would never have finished running the race set before them. No, they ran hard and they ran fast, and they won! It was a life or death matter with them.—1 Cor. 9:24; 2 Tim. 4:7; Heb. 12:1.

So too with Jehovah’s faithful witnesses in this latter half of the twentieth century. They have the true Christian point of view. Their strenuous evangelistic activity is not something peculiar to this present decade. They have not dedicated their lives to serve Jehovah only until 1975. Christians have been running this way ever since Christ Jesus blazed the trail and commanded his disciples.“Follow me!” So keep this same mental attitude in you that was in Christ Jesus. Let nothing slow you down or cause you to tire and give out. Those who will flee Babylon the Great and this Satanic system of things are now running for their lives, headed for God’s kingdom, and they will not stop at 1975. O no! They will keep on in this glorious way that leads to everlasting life, praising and serving Jehovah for ever and ever!
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40047 Mar 25, 2014
Daily Text

Tuesday, March 25

What God has yoked together let no man put apart.—Matt. 19:6.

To avoid the pit of adultery, reflect on the meaning of marital commitment. Never think that your theocratic privileges are more important than your spouse. Moreover, be aware that frequently spending time away from your mate for nonessential activities may indicate a weakness in your marriage and can lead to temptation and possibly to serious sin. If you are an elder, though, what about the flock? The apostle Peter wrote:“Shepherd the flock of God in your care, not under compulsion, but willingly; neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly.”(1 Pet. 5:2) Congregation members in your care certainly should not be ignored. However, you should not fulfill your role as a shepherd at the expense of your role as a husband. It would be pointless—even dangerous—to focus all your attention on feeding the congregation while your mate is “starving” at home. w12 8/15 4:14, 15
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40048 Mar 25, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>

But like you said YAHWEH is the Hebrew name in the Bible instead of Jehovah.
There you go again, I DID NOT SAY YAHWEH IS THE HEBREW NAME IN THE BIBLE INSTEAD OF JEHOVAH.

I SAID: "“Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the divine name, although “Yahweh” IS FAVORED BY MOST HEBREW SCHOLARS.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40049 Mar 25, 2014
Jehovah himself said that he would ‘have his name declared in all the earth’

Ex 9:16; But, in fact, for this cause I have kept you in existence, for the sake of showing you my power and in order to have my name declared in all the earth.

compare 1Ch 16:23, 24;
Sing to Jehovah, all YOU of the earth!
Announce from day to day the salvation he gives!
24 Relate among the nations his glory,
Among all the peoples his wonderful acts

Ps 113:3; From the rising of the sun until its setting
Jehovah’s name is to be praised

Mal 1:11, 14; 11 “For from the sun’s rising even to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and in every place sacrificial smoke will be made, a presentation will be made to my name, even a clean gift; because my name will be great among the nations,” Jehovah of armies has said.
14 “And cursed is the one acting cunningly when there exists in his drove a male animal, and he is making a vow and sacrificing a ruined one to Jehovah. For I am a great King,” Jehovah of armies has said,“and my name will be fear-inspiring among the nations.”

His name is to be known even by his adversaries.

Isa 64:2;
2 as when a fire ignites the brushwood,[and] the fire makes the very water boil up, in order to make your name known to your adversaries, that on account of you the nations might be agitated!

The name was in fact known and used by pagan nations both in pre-Common Era times and in the early centuries of the Common Era.(The Jewish Encyclopedia, 1976, Vol. XII, p. 119)

There seems to be no reason for abandoning in English the well-known form “Jehovah” in favor of some other suggested pronunciation.

If such a change were made, then, to be consistent, changes should be made in the spelling and pronunciation of a host of other names found in the Scriptures: J

eremiah would be changed to Yir meyah, Isaiah would become Yesha &#8231;yahu, and Jesus would be either Yehohshua (as in Hebrew) or Iesous (as in Greek). The purpose of words is to transmit thoughts; in English the name Jehovah identifies the true God, transmitting this thought more satisfactorily today than any of the suggested substitutes.

The Tetragrammaton occurs 6,828 times in the Hebrew text printed in Biblia Hebraica and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia. In the Hebrew Scriptures the New World Translation contains the divine name 6,973 times, because the translators took into account, among other things, the fact that in some places the scribes had replaced the divine name with Adhonai or Elohim. The very frequency of the appearance of the name attests to its importance to the Bible’s Author, whose name it is. Its use throughout the Scriptures far outnumbers that of any of the titles, such as “Sovereign Lord” or “God,” applied to him.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40050 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID: "“Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the divine name, although

“Yahweh” IS FAVORED BY MOST HEBREW SCHOLARS.

His name is being declared in all the Earth - but not by jw's and the likes of Dr Wacko
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40051 Mar 25, 2014
Google Yahweh
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40052 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text

It would be pointless—even dangerous—to focus all your attention on feeding the congregation while your mate is “starving” at home. w12 8/15 4:14, 15
Student...this is so such a LIE..

.JW's do this all the time...in fact they focus all their attention on the watch tower..... and if their SPOUSE and CHILDREN are home and not with them at the meetings, they will SHUN them ! They could care less , if their families are STARVING!

If your spouse stops believing the lies of watch tower, you are told to have nothing to do with them!

They are told by the watch tower to have nothing to do with them...IF they do not attend the meetings and pioneer and believe all the other garbage they do for the watch tower

JW's have no love for their fellow man.....just for the watch tower.... they are told that they MUST OBEY THE WATCH TOWER!

Your OWN children...you will give up.. IF they LEAVE the watch tower organization, you have no idea if they are STARVING, and could care less!

The source I got this is from a JW that has LEFT the lies of the watch tower, and NO, student , I will not give the NAME of this person!....

..it may be on the INTERNET also!!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#40053 Mar 25, 2014
Student....

Why do you not believe the Bible, that Jesus was resurrected in the physical body?

( I got this from the BIBLE, this is my source of info here)

See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have," (Luke 24:38-39).

Also , I was told by a JW (still active)...that you guys don't believe that Jesus Christ is the MEDIATOR for all mankind......just the MEDIATOR for the 144,000 .... Is this correct ? yes or no, if you can.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#40058 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
And you got this off the internet, so it must be true, right?

As long as it is not from JW.org there is at least a chance of it being true.

JWs are insufferable liars. It seem to burn their mouth to ever speak the truth.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40060 Mar 25, 2014
Student wrote:

How could Jehovah say that when that word did not even exist till 1075 a.d.?

Because a jehovah never made that claim. The true God who when asked his name stated YAHWEH made that claim. He (not a jerkhover) made that statement.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#40061 Mar 25, 2014
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
#3068 YHWH

YHWH: Proper name of the God of Israel
Part of speech: Proper name
Transliteration: YHWH
Phonetic spelling: yah-hoo-way'
Short definition: LORD
6,218 occurrences

It's important to understand that in the original Hebrew language, the letters "J/j" and "V/v" did not exist. The "J/j" came from "I/i" and the "V/v" from "U/u." Anyone that's read Old English, especially the 1611 king James translation, can see that "Jehovah" was originally spelled "Iehouah," and "Jesus," "Iesous." "Jesus" was pronounced "ye-soos,: and "Jehovah" was pronounced "yah-hoo-way." Even though many modern scholars agree with the name "Yahweh," there are just as many that agree that the personal name of "God" has three syllables and not two. And as to the letter "V/v," this should be simple to accept considering that our letter "W/w," or "double-u," is two "V/v's" put together to make one letter, but it's still called a a "double U/u."

I believe that all Jehovah's Witnesses are saying is that the name "Jehovah" is the English rendering of the ancient Hebrew name. I work with a Mexican gentleman whose name is Henry and not Enrique (the Spanish equivalent). When the other Spanish-speaking people call his name, they pronounce it as if it were a Spanish name. They don't pronounce the H/h and they still roll the R/r. He never corrects them.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#40062 Mar 25, 2014
Dr Wacko is a liar.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40067 Mar 25, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
#3068 YHWH
YHWH: Proper name of the God of Israel
Part of speech: Proper name
Transliteration: YHWH
Phonetic spelling: yah-hoo-way'
Short definition: LORD
6,218 occurrences
It's important to understand that in the original Hebrew language, the letters "J/j" and "V/v" did not exist. The "J/j" came from "I/i" and the "V/v" from "U/u." Anyone that's read Old English, especially the 1611 king James translation, can see that "Jehovah" was originally spelled "Iehouah," and "Jesus," "Iesous." "Jesus" was pronounced "ye-soos,: and "Jehovah" was pronounced "yah-hoo-way." Even though many modern scholars agree with the name "Yahweh," there are just as many that agree that the personal name of "God" has three syllables and not two. And as to the letter "V/v," this should be simple to accept considering that our letter "W/w," or "double-u," is two "V/v's" put together to make one letter, but it's still called a a "double U/u."
I believe that all Jehovah's Witnesses are saying is that the name "Jehovah" is the English rendering of the ancient Hebrew name. I work with a Mexican gentleman whose name is Henry and not Enrique (the Spanish equivalent). When the other Spanish-speaking people call his name, they pronounce it as if it were a Spanish name. They don't pronounce the H/h and they still roll the R/r. He never corrects them.

Moronic. You didn't bother to even look up the origin of the word jehovah.
You did not research why the "divine name" is considered important in its original form.
In other words you did not do any due dilligence.

I normally respect your posts even when I disagree with you. Not in this instance, however.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40068 Mar 25, 2014
El Shagade Adopt Gods son wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right my friend
original ancient and modern hebrew language is like sound deep throat song language,'
if you listen careffuly pronounced name in hebrew is soungs like you said Yah-hoo-way,
and those not knowing hebrew take this sound like Yeh hooowaaa Simple english Yehovah
JW use this name properly in english language,
for example in my language J is not like english spoken word only Y
and I always say not Jehovah,
Only Yeh hoo wah(Identical same directing only to one GOD YHVH HaShem(HaShem spoken inside of heart and soul by praying devoted child of God?
this Doben is low spiritualy primitive blasphemer of this NAME AND THOSE WHO WORSHIP G-D HOLY SACRED NAME?
God bless you my friend

Arse kisser. LOL.

How can you worship a made up name?

Stupid.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40069 Mar 25, 2014
El Shagade Adopt Gods son wrote:
you are right my friend
original ancient and modern hebrew language is like sound deep throat song language,'
if you listen careffuly pronounced name in hebrew is soungs like you said Yah-hoo-way,
and those not knowing hebrew take this sound like Yeh hooowaaa Simple english Yehovah
JW use this name properly in english language,
for example in my language J is not like english spoken word only Y
and I always say not Jehovah,
Only Yeh hoo wah(Identical same directing only to one GOD YHVH HaShem(HaShem spoken inside of heart and soul by praying devoted child of God?
this Doben is low spiritualy primitive blasphemer of this NAME AND THOSE WHO WORSHIP G-D HOLY SACRED NAME?
God bless you my friend
Well, I believe it's only fair that if Jehovah's Witnesses shouldn't use the English rendering of Father's name, then neither should anyone use the English rendering "Jesus (pronounced GEE-zis)," either. We should all, collectively, return to "Iahouah (pronounced YAH-hoo-way)" and "Iesous (yah-SOOS)," then. If the English "Jehovah" isn't acceptable, then neither should the English "Jesus" be.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40070 Mar 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
Moronic. You didn't bother to even look up the origin of the word jehovah.
You did not research why the "divine name" is considered important in its original form.
In other words you did not do any due dilligence.
I normally respect your posts even when I disagree with you. Not in this instance, however.
On the contrary, I did extensive research and study on the name "Yahoweh" years ago. Following is what I found...

First, your argument against the name is based on scholarly theories. Some theorize that the name was invented in the 12th century, while others, claiming to have irrefutable evidence, theorize that the name derives from much further back in history than that. The majority of people that are even remotely interested in knowing the actual pronunciation have reluctantly concluded that the actual pronunciation has long been lost and might never be found out. Hebrew scholars say that the vowel-points in the name "Yahoweh" are similar to those in "Adonai," but not identical. In this, I agree. It's also believed that the title "Adonai" was chosen as a replacement because of it's similar pronunciation. In this, I also agree, because the texts of the old covenant has many titles that could have been used, but weren't.

"Jehovah" was made by combining the Latinized, or Romanized, "IHVH" with the vowel-points of the singular "'elowah," which English-speakers translate as "God." "Yahweh" was made by combining "IHWH" with the vowel-points of "Ha'Shem," which English-speakers translate as "The Name."

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#40071 Mar 25, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>O
"Jehovah" was made by combining the Latinized, or Romanized, "IHVH" with the vowel-points of the singular "'elowah," which English-speakers translate as "God." "Yahweh" was made by combining "IHWH" with the vowel-points of "Ha'Shem," which English-speakers translate as "The Name."

And you don't understand that was an idiotic thing to do?

He made a word up. Why don't I combine the vowels of Mississippi into Dgn? Then my screen name would be Diigiin.

And J does not exist in hebrew so it would actually be more like ~iigiin.

Fun word game, bad theology.

Student

Nogales, Mexico

#40072 Mar 25, 2014
Daily Text

Wednesday, March 26

[Holy spirit] will guide you into all the truth.—John 16:13.

Just as anointed Christians do, alert members of the great crowd are sticking close to God’s appointed channel for dispensing spiritual food.(Ps. 119:130) Thus strengthened, they too prove themselves ready for Christ’s return, staying active even under serious trial. In one Nazi prison camp, for example, at first the brothers had only one copy of the Bible. So they prayed for further spiritual food. Shortly thereafter they learned that a newly imprisoned brother had managed to smuggle a few new issues of The Watchtower into the camp inside his wooden leg. Among the survivors was an anointed brother named Ernst Wauer, who later recalled:“Jehovah helped us in a marvelous way to commit to memory the fortifying thoughts in the articles.” Then he said:“Nowadays, it is so easy to get spiritual food, but do we always appreciate it?” w12 9/15 4:14

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#40073 Mar 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
And you don't understand that was an idiotic thing to do?
No, I don't. Rather, I commend such people for having such love and zeal for Father that they would try, to the best of their abilities and with the limited information made available to them at the time, to find out how to properly pronounce the most holy name in existence.
Dogen wrote:
He made a word up.
Do you believe Father will condemn him?
Dogen wrote:
Why don't I combine the vowels of Mississippi into Dgn? Then my screen name would be Diigiin.
That's your prerogative.
Dogen wrote:
And J does not exist in hebrew so it would actually be more like ~iigiin.
Fun word game, bad theology.
Why would it be "~iigiin"? The letter "J/j" didn't exist, but the letter "D/d" did.

How do you pronounce Father's name?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min waaasssuuup 71,801
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 11 min Johnny 2
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 15 min Johnny 131
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Big Al 995,077
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Wisdom of Ages 699,452
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 447,425
How to help others save MONEY 3 hr Am I rght 4