Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#39829 Mar 18, 2014
Daily Text

Tuesday, March 18

I exhort you as aliens and temporary residents.—1 Pet. 2:11.

Peter spoke of those who, like him, had been anointed by holy spirit and given “a new birth to a living hope” to rule with Christ in the heavens.(1 Pet. 1:3, 4) It was fitting to apply the term “temporary residents” to anointed ones in the first century. As is true of the remnant of this group alive today, their existence on earth was not permanent. The apostle Paul, himself a member of the anointed “little flock,” explained:“As for us, our citizenship exists in the heavens, from which place also we are eagerly waiting for a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”(Luke 12:32; Phil. 3:20) Given that their “citizenship exists in the heavens,” at death anointed ones will leave the earthly scene for something far better, immortal life in the heavens.(Phil. 1:21-23) Thus, in a very literal way, they could be termed mere “temporary residents” of the earth under Satan’s control.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39830 Mar 18, 2014
Student wrote:
As is true of the remnant of this group alive today, their existence on earth was not permanent. The apostle Paul, himself a member of the anointed “little flock,” explained:“As for us, our citizenship exists in the heavens, from which place also we are eagerly waiting for a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”(Luke 12:32; Phil. 3:20) Given that their “citizenship exists in the heavens,” at death anointed ones will leave the earthly scene for something far better, immortal life in the heavens.(Phil. 1:21-23) Thus, in a very literal way, they could be termed mere “temporary residents” of the earth under Satan’s control.
Let's see, they await the Savior's return, but they will be going - makes sense doesn't it?

The word "citizenship" refers to governmental authority that directs citizens. It's talking about LAW that will be established when Messiah returns and the 144,000 from the TRIBES of ISRAEL - NOT jw's, will be Kings and Priests on the Earth and not floating around somewhere in outer space.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#39831 Mar 18, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Apparently , I have........
Surprising, that is. In the last 5-years, you're the very first person I've asked that has actually heard of the Cresciendo de Gracia sect before I asked them.
lovewithin wrote:
and apparently you don't see that anyone could see that these 2 sects are CULTS. Just the very naïve wouldn't know to stay away from these 2 cults.
Just the very naive? My first choice was those with itching ears. My second was the delusional. But, of course, my choices are based on my trying to understand how, or even why, people would become affiliated and associated with such beliefs?
lovewithin wrote:
Watch tower cult.....is SLY....they creep in unawares and DECEIVE people. They tell HALF truths to hook you in and then they start the brainwashing process. You eventually loose Jesus Christ as you Savior....and Jesus becomes just a mere man, replaced with the watch tower
I've never heard Jehovah's Witnesses, myself, teach that our anointed Savior was not the only-begotten son of "God," our savior, or from this terrestrial realm and not the celestial realm. Perhaps, I've met the honest and knowledgeable bunch.
lovewithin wrote:
The Watch tower claim that they are GOD"S prophets and are Spiritually inspired directly from God.
I'm, personally, careful not to hastily reject such claims by any person or people. The apostles were reluctant to accept Paul, so...
lovewithin wrote:
But yet how many FALSE prophesies have they done!
By "false prophesies," I'm assuming you're referring to the "day of our Lord." I know of four legitimate claims, the last being in 1975. But, I've learned not to condemn those that have repented of their errors.
lovewithin wrote:
they CHANGE wording in the Bible (that is why they have their own bible ) it changes the MEANING. Read John 1: 1 in their bible NWT......then read it in the Holy Bible...maybe King James....
That's the same accusation the "church of England" faced when the "king James'" version became authorized - that they made their own Bible. And which Hebrew and Greek texts have you studied to learn that the New World Translation is a polluted rendering?
lovewithin wrote:
Now BLL....you can continue to defend the JW....I could care less if you are too naïve to compare their DOCTRINE and see nothing wrong in it, except being a bit Strict...you said.
Being overly-protective is only one reason I never joined Jehovah's Witnesses. That's beside the point, though.
lovewithin wrote:
Watch tower men are MANIPULATERS and BRAINWASHERS!!!!....and TRICKSTERS..they CRAFTY .
They are dangerous in the way that the insecure and the naïve of what JESUS actually has done , are deceived into listening to their LIES..
You can continue to say their LIES....are just being "a bit strict" but they are OUT and OUT LIES! They are DECEIVERS, just like Satan is
Have you ever talked with a person that have left JW? If you haven't, then by all means do.
My father always said, "To learn the truth about the serpent, you must thoroughly examine the perceptions of both, the eagle and the rodent." But, if I were to vehemently oppose any faith-based group, it would most likely be Islam and not one that still taught Christ. Islam is, today, the most rapidly growing faith in the world with a membership that's exceeded that of the Catholic religion. Which is more dangerous to you?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39832 Mar 18, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Now BLL....you can continue to defend the JW....
I'm not defending Jehovah's Witnesses as much as I am watching out for your spiritual well-being.

From what I've witnessed here, in this thread, you're on a crusade against a not-so-worthwhile "foe." As I said in my previous post to you, I believe it's more profitable that believers contend against Islam, or any other faith that rejects our anointed Savior for that matter. Note: There are quite a few threads dedicated to the progression of atheism, too. As to which is more dangerous, more people, on a daily basis, are converting to Islam and atheism than Jehovah's Witnesses. If you truly desire to contend for the faith, focus your attention not on them that admit that our anointed Savior is, indeed, the only-begotten son of "God" and teach the crucifixion and resurrection, but on them that reject this fact altogether.
lovewithin wrote:
I could care less if you are too naïve to compare their DOCTRINE and see nothing wrong in it, except being a bit Strict...you said.
1) You should care. Our anointed Savior wept over Jerusalem as he thought on her stubbornness and the impending result of it.

2) Accusing me of being naive is foolish. I've stated, not a few times, that I've thoroughly examined the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, doctrines, and their New World Translation. I was quite careful not to make any decision regarding the organization before making such intense examinations and investigations into the organisation. My decision is based on personal findings, too, and not on the opinions of others.

3) I never said that being "overly strict" was the only reason I never joined the Jehovah's Witnesses. That's just what you picked and chose as my reason.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39833 Mar 18, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
From what I've witnessed here, in this thread, you're on a crusade against a not-so-worthwhile "foe." As I said in my previous post to you, I believe it's more profitable that believers contend against Islam, or any other faith that rejects our anointed Savior for that matter. Note: There are quite a few threads dedicated to the progression of atheism, too. As to which is more dangerous, more people, on a daily basis, are converting to Islam and atheism than Jehovah's Witnesses. If you truly desire to contend for the faith, focus your attention not on them that admit that our anointed Savior is, indeed, the only-begotten son of "God" and teach the crucifixion and resurrection, but on them that reject this fact altogether.
<quoted text>1) You should care. Our anointed Savior wept over Jerusalem as he thought on her stubbornness and the impending result of it.
A crusade? Yes - and it's not rational when one has no vested interest. It's like a mental illness that Dr Shrink has succumbed to except I'm not sure what his crusade is except whatever happens to be on his mind at any particular moment.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
2) Accusing me of being naive is foolish. I've stated, not a few times, that I've thoroughly examined the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, doctrines, and their New World Translation. I was quite careful not to make any decision regarding the organization before making such intense examinations and investigations into the organisation. My decision is based on personal findings, too, and not on the opinions of others.
3) I never said that being "overly strict" was the only reason I never joined the Jehovah's Witnesses. That's just what you picked and chose as my reason.
That dubs are a strange lot is beyond question - they have that right - but they are right about a lot of things which is the bait that is swallowed during their indoctrination. My only purpose for posting on this thread is to expose their control over people that is based on first hand involvement for many years that in the long run is very destructive for many people - not a relentless attack on their doctrines or the NWT Bible that has flaws as do all others. PS - I am no longer part of any organized group - but there are many that have things worth listening to - those who hold the Divine Names as sacred in particular and follow the Torah as did Messiah to the best of their ability- as he was the model that should be emulated by any who dare call themselves Christian. But there are so many who do but don't follow in his footsteps/practices that requires understanding of what was written from the beginning in their Bibles. Not just the parts they like.
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39834 Mar 18, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not defending Jehovah's Witnesses as much as I am watching out for your spiritual well-being.
<quoted text>1) You should care. Our anointed Savior wept over Jerusalem as he thought on her stubbornness and the impending result of it.
Since mind control depends on creating a new identity within the individual, cult doctrine always requires that a person distrust his own self, One of 'watch tower's tactics!

You, mr BLL ...would be a very good cult leader....you have the qualities for sure.!

The inability to tolerate criticism, but the "Leader" criticizes everybody else, nobody criticizes the Leader.

The "Leader" is always right. and you are always wrong. Their excuse is " you do not understand"

BLL !!!.....do NOT worry about my Spiritual well-being....worry about your own!
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39836 Mar 18, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
You, mr BLL ...would be a very good cult leader....you have the qualities for sure.!
You would appear to be a good cult follower - unwilling to listen to reason -hostile to it.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39838 Mar 18, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
A crusade? Yes - and it's not rational when one has no vested interest. It's like a mental illness that Dr Shrink has succumbed to except I'm not sure what his crusade is except whatever happens to be on his mind at any particular moment.
I mean whatever is flying around inside his cage with the rest of his friends.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39841 Mar 18, 2014
Has student found anything in the wt museum regarding vulgarity yet?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39842 Mar 18, 2014
That he could email to Dr Looney-Tunes
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39843 Mar 18, 2014
I really think that if I were student and the only support for my effort were certifiable lunatics with multiple personality disorder - I'd give it up and consider all the damage I was doing to the organization..
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39844 Mar 18, 2014
And hope the elders didn't find out.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#39845 Mar 18, 2014
1990 Fred Franse passed away he was the ligh of the watchtower ,during 1991 Herchel of the G Body became a N G O member of the U Nations ,
in 2001 people realized what was going on and complained about it,then they did not continue as N G O .too late ??the damage was done,
At the meeting in New York Stanly theater last year, Lett made the sign of the 3/666 why ????

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39847 Mar 18, 2014
yon wrote:
A crusade? Yes - and it's not rational when one has no vested interest.
What's also troubling is when people post to others almost demanding that they concern themselves with no one else but themselves. And yet, the majority of the posts in this thread are from people that concern themselves with Jehovah's Witnesses and potential converts. Apparently, people are aware of the terms "hypocrite" and "hypocrisy," but not the definition.
yon wrote:
That dubs are a strange lot is beyond question - they have that right - but they are right about a lot of things which is the bait that is swallowed during their indoctrination. My only purpose for posting on this thread is to expose their control over people that is based on first hand involvement for many years that in the long run is very destructive for many people - not a relentless attack on their doctrines or the NWT Bible that has flaws as do all others.
I've never joined Jehovah's Witnesses, but I have spent not a few years discussing doctrine with them. You're a first-hand witness, therefore I can assume your accusations have more credibility than one that's never been affiliated on such a personal level.
yon wrote:
PS - I am no longer part of any organized group - but there are many that have things worth listening to
Likewise. And as to these organizations, I always approach with the same method. Every organization has meat, milk, and bones. Therefore, I eat the meat and drink the milk, but discard of the bones.
yon wrote:
- those who hold the Divine Names as sacred in particular and follow the Torah as did Messiah to the best of their ability- as he was the model that should be emulated by any who dare call themselves Christian. But there are so many who do but don't follow in his footsteps/practices that requires understanding of what was written from the beginning in their Bibles. Not just the parts they like.
I'm interviewing people now so I can write my new book. I'm not sure of the title, yet, but I'm leaning towards "Delusional Atheist," or "Deceived Atheist." It's going to be about people that wave the banner of Christianity and call themselves "Christian," but don't adhere to the teachings of our anointed Savior. In so many ways, they continue in willful sin, take the most High's grace for granted rather than finding race to help in time of need, and "hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace (Heb 10:29)." And by the most accurate interpretation of the law, they take the name of Yahoweh in vain by these things. Most likely, you wouldn't be shocked if I told you how many people have argued against me when I declared that all should strive for perfection while actually quoting Matthew 5:48 and 1Peter 1:15-16. They not only argue against me, but ignore the scriptures, as well.
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39849 Mar 18, 2014
The Jehovah's Witness organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their "Bible Study" meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings

If you miss too many..you will be talked too as in.... WHY.

This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives.

In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them.

If you attend a meeting at the kingdom hall , you will feel the WATCH TOWER's hold on you.

The 'watch tower ' is the culprit here... and the people called JWs fall for their tactics.

Watch tower tells its members...no higher education is needed besides them. No college .....IF any members has been to college, it was BEFORE they were a JW. and this of course goes with Military ...they were in the military BEFORE they were a JW...

They are also told by watch tower men that they are the ONLY way to the truth.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39851 Mar 18, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Since mind control depends on creating a new identity within the individual, cult doctrine always requires that a person distrust his own self, One of 'watch tower's tactics!
You've just described every religion and philosophy known to man, my dear. Case in point...

1John 3:7 says, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."

1Timothy 4:16 says, "Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee."

You couldn't even begin to imagine how many arguments I've started - in so-called "Christian" forums and threads no less - just for posting the above two verses (without personal commentary), not excluding your Maryland clique!

Would you mind sharing with me the details as to why you consider Jehovah's Witnesses a cult, please and if you will?
lovewithin wrote:
So, you believe I'm that intelligent and persuasive, do you?
lovewithin wrote:
The inability to tolerate criticism, but the "Leader" criticizes everybody else, nobody criticizes the Leader.
What criticism could I not tolerate? When have I ever behaved inappropriately toward a critic, or because of criticism? And when have I ever criticized anyone? Are you accusing me of recompensing evil for evil?
lovewithin wrote:
The "Leader" is always right. and you are always wrong. Their excuse is " you do not understand"
Can you provide an example of such behavior, please and if you will, from me? You're now accusing me of pride and stubbornness.
lovewithin wrote:
BLL !!!.....do NOT worry about my Spiritual well-being....worry about your own!
I apologize if I've offended you, but it's virtually impossible for me not care about others. And if you must know, I examine myself from moment to moment. Paul wrote, "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law (Romans 13:8)." I intend on caring for others at all times.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39853 Mar 18, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
The Jehovah's Witness organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their "Bible Study" meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings
As does the Roman Catholic organization. Growing up, I've heard, many times, that it's sinful to not attend "Mass" on Sunday.
lovewithin wrote:
If you miss too many..you will be talked too as in.... WHY.
I witnessed a so-called "priest" attend a household to ask the matriarch why she hadn't been attending "Mass" as of lately? He claimed he was concerned for her spirituality. When he left, she asserted that his only concern was her offering.
lovewithin wrote:
This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives.
Roman Catholic "dogma" and dogmata" comes to mind.
lovewithin wrote:
In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them.
Whom do you know that, from their own thoughts and ideas, began celebrating Christmas and the Easter?

Whom do you know that, from their own thoughts and ideas, decided to call the leader of the Roman Catholic organization their "pope"?

Whom do you know that, from their own thoughts and ideas, decided to abstain from meat every Friday during the season called "Lent"?
lovewithin wrote:
If you attend a meeting at the kingdom hall , you will feel the WATCH TOWER's hold on you.
I did attend one meeting at the so-called "Kingdom Hall," but I didn't feel any "hold" on me. However, I found the meeting discouragingly uniform. It reminded me somewhat of the Roman Catholic "Mass," but without all the ritual and routine.
lovewithin wrote:
The 'watch tower ' is the culprit here... and the people called JWs fall for their tactics.
The Watchtower Society owes much of it's success to all the so-called "failures" preceding, namely the Roman Catholic, the Presbyterian, the Baptist, the Lutheran, the Episcopal, the Methodist, and any of the many denominations that preceded the Watchtower Society. Had they been somewhat of a reflection of biblical doctrine, then most likely, no further shepherd would have been sought after.

In any famine and/or drought, the intelligent will seek out food and/or water. The fool will die of hunger and/or thirst.
lovewithin wrote:
Watch tower tells its members...no higher education is needed besides them. No college .....IF any members has been to college, it was BEFORE they were a JW.
I've never heard such a thing from Jehovah's Witnesses, but I'll not reject your assertion just because I've never heard it said.
lovewithin wrote:
and this of course goes with Military ...they were in the military BEFORE they were a JW...
And I agree with them. I understand that a military is necessary for defense, but the government of these united states of southern North America grossly exceeds it's use.
lovewithin wrote:
They are also told by watch tower men that they are the ONLY way to the truth.
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TV910R5AL0932P9RK

I hope the above link works. But, if it doesn't, it's a thread that was began by a Roman Catholic that was appalled by the prideful statement made by the Vatican. This thread is titled, "Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican." And even though many, if not most, or even all denominational leaders won't admit it, but they all believe they're the sole-possessors of "the Truth."
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39854 Mar 18, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard such a thing from Jehovah's Witnesses, but I'll not reject your assertion just because I've never heard it said.
<quoted text>And I agree with them. I understand that a military is necessary for defense, but the government of these united states of southern North America grossly exceeds it's use.
The dubs are famous for discouraging higher education. They've eased up a little in recent years if your higher education gives you a necessary trade skill - but just going to college to get a degree is grounds for parents having no privileges - and makes them like black sheep. As for military service- every year they inform young men that they need to register for the draft - but if they were ever called up they tell stories about ones who were blessed for going for jail.
Student

Hermosillo, Mexico

#39855 Mar 19, 2014
DAILY TEXT
Wednesday, March 19

He that conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one that is great.—Luke 9:48.

The year was 32 C.E. Jesus was in the district of Galilee when difficulties arose. A few of his apostles were arguing about who was the greatest among them.(Luke 9:46-48) Patiently but firmly, Jesus helped the apostles to see the need for humility. The Greek word translated “lesser one” means someone who is modest, humble, lowly, insignificant, or of little esteem and influence. Jesus used a young child to make clear to his apostles that they should be humble and modest. That admonition is as applicable to true Christians today as it was in the first century. We may find it challenging to conduct ourselves as lesser ones—at least in some circumstances. The human tendency toward pride may motivate us to seek prominence. The competitive environment in which we live and the spirit of the world might influence us to be egotistical, combative, or manipulative. w12 11/15 3:1, 3 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39856 Mar 19, 2014
Pro 19:23 "The fear of YAHWEH leads to life,"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 4 min Johnny 704
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Mike thunkit 99,962
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min marge 590,162
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Dave Nelson 838,530
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min Wordsworth 5,903
Severely Sick Elderly Man 13 min BlessedMama83 1
What REALLY happened between O.J.and Paula June... 13 min Doctor REALITY 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min Freebird USA 176,946
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 45 min WasteWater 4,366
More from around the web