Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#39720 Mar 13, 2014
Liam wrote:
It's important to look at what Peter did and not just a few vague descriptions recorded in scripture. It's not very hard to read the Bible 2,000 yrs later, and form a theology based on that. In fact, many have. If one believes in their heart that every verse, every word, every punctuation mark and every "i" and "t" is the literal word of God, then I don't know what to say. I guess....go for it. I can't disrespect that totally. I just don't get it. I love sacred scripture. It's just irresponsible to analyze every little verse like many do. I mean the Apostles already explained the message. They surely didn't rely on everyone else to decipher the "code".
Truth be told, I rely very little on our translations. Rather, I prefer the Hebrew and Greek texts that are made available to us. If anything, I use the translations, especially the various English renderings, to determine which is closest to the Hebrew and Greek. My reason for not relying on the translations is because, the translators, at times, made errors. It's this very reason that the name of the pagan-goddess "Easter" appears at Acts 12:4 and not the accurate and correct translation, Passover. Now, if you would be so kind, will you explain to me what it is you find so irresponsible as to analyzing every little verse? Had it not been for such meticulousness, I would have never had found out that for three separate words and definitions in the Greek, our English renderings use only the word "world" as a proper translation for all three. John 3:16 reads much differently than that that people have accepted. So doesn't the verses that speak of the time before the world began.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39722 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Matthew 10:28,
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
The most accurate rendering for our biblical word "hell" is "common grave." One from the Maryland group already explained this to you, I believe.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39723 Mar 13, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The above is a parable. Nothing more, nothing less.
The rich man represents the priesthood of Israel.
Lazarus represents the nation of Israel.
Abraham's bosom represents the kingdom.
The great gulf represents sin.
It is a parable, but like all of Jesus's parables, there is a REASON for Him to tell those stories.

The sin of this rich man was his providing for himself only.

Here is a godly man, and one that will hereafter be happy for ever, in the depth of adversity and distress.
It is often the lot of some of the dearest of God's saints and servants to be greatly afflicted in this world.

We are not told that the rich man did him any harm, but we do not find that he had any care for him.

Here is the different condition of this godly poor man, and this wicked rich man, at and after death. The rich man in hell lifted up his eyes, being in torment. It is not probable that there are discourses between glorified saints and damned sinners, but this dialogue shows the hopeless misery and fruitless desires, to which condemned spirits are brought.

There is a day coming, when those who now hate and despise the people of God, would gladly receive kindness from them.

Being ALONE....loneliness. is tormenting ...,all you see is yourself....all you hear is yourself ..it seems like when the rich man wanted his 5 brothers to be warned , would be a caring attitude he had....but it is shown, that even THAT was not possible , where he was

The SPIRIT is in torment.... No one can help you and you cant help anyone....you are SELF in Spirit, just like the way you lived life......

I am not one for getting technical in the Bible. I love to read the Bible and learn the lessons of the teachings. God is not a God of confusion, and will not make you try to decode all the technicalities.

Watch tower does this for the JW , and this is why the JW's are so mislead in what the Bible actually says.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39724 Mar 13, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
I don't understand. Explain, please and if you will.
Read slowly and I am sure you will understand it......????

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39725 Mar 13, 2014
Says the most judgmental poster in this thread wrote:
if you know all of this,
you should also know parable of Revelation about invincible and self glorious self called rich spiritualy teachers,it means to you too:
rev 3;15-18
15-16
I know thy works,that thou art neither cold nor hot;
I would thou wert cold or hot
SO THEN BECAUSE THOU LUKEWARM,AND NEITHER COLD NOR HOT.
I WOULD SPUE THEE OUT OF MY MOUTH.,
Your selfish chosen road lead you on the danger corner where end is horrible.
Well, then. What now?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39726 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Read slowly and I am sure you will understand it......????
~sigh~

I know what the verse means. I'm wondering what your reason was for posting it? "Hell," as it's been stated a couple of times now, is nothing more than the common grave, or a place of burial. But, what does the above verse have to do with both, death and hell, being cast into the lake of fire, where both will be annihilated for ever and ever? Just before all things become renewed, neither death, nor hell, will exist any longer, so... What was your point?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39727 Mar 13, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>~sigh~
I know what the verse means. I'm wondering what your reason was for posting it? "Hell," as it's been stated a couple of times now, is nothing more than the common grave, or a place of burial. But, what does the above verse have to do with both, death and hell, being cast into the lake of fire, where both will be annihilated for ever and ever? Just before all things become renewed, neither death, nor hell, will exist any longer, so... What was your point?
BLL.....do you not see that the scripture says to DESTROY .... BOTH the SOUL

and the
BODY !

The SOUL and the BODY ........Destroy both......we all know that our bodies will ROT and go away, right?......but then it says the SOUL will also be destroyed.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39728 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
It is a parable, but like all of Jesus's parables, there is a REASON for Him to tell those stories.
The sin of this rich man was his providing for himself only.
Here is a godly man, and one that will hereafter be happy for ever, in the depth of adversity and distress.
It is often the lot of some of the dearest of God's saints and servants to be greatly afflicted in this world.
We are not told that the rich man did him any harm, but we do not find that he had any care for him.
Here is the different condition of this godly poor man, and this wicked rich man, at and after death. The rich man in hell lifted up his eyes, being in torment. It is not probable that there are discourses between glorified saints and damned sinners, but this dialogue shows the hopeless misery and fruitless desires, to which condemned spirits are brought.
There is a day coming, when those who now hate and despise the people of God, would gladly receive kindness from them.
Being ALONE....loneliness. is tormenting ...,all you see is yourself....all you hear is yourself ..it seems like when the rich man wanted his 5 brothers to be warned , would be a caring attitude he had....but it is shown, that even THAT was not possible , where he was
The SPIRIT is in torment.... No one can help you and you cant help anyone....you are SELF in Spirit, just like the way you lived life......
I am not one for getting technical in the Bible. I love to read the Bible and learn the lessons of the teachings.

EDITED FOR SPACE
Other than the parable you quoted, there's not one verse that describes an actual depiction of life, or consciousness, after one has died. Not all parables are to be understood at face value. For instance...

Matthew 25:14-29 The Parable of the Talents

I'd like to focus on just a few verses, please and if you don't mind. From verse 24 to 26 says, "Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed."

Now, the "Lord" in the above parable can be either, the most High, or our anointed Savior. Regardless, does what the servant say about this "Lord," quoted above, sound anything like the "God," or Savior, you know and love?

Now, in the parable you quoted, Luke 16:19-31, the best description of the rich man is found at Revelation 3:17. This says, "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked."

The beggar dying is parallel to the anointing of Peter and the apostles at Pentecost. At that point, the "old man" died and they became "born again."

The rich man died when the kingdom was taken from him, as prophesied.

The rich man asked for a temporal refreshing and not the living water, which is why the gulf separated them. No comfort will come to those that feign godly sorrow. And one that's been saved can't save the unrepentant.

Paul, too, spoke in regards to the rich man's request - to dispatch Lazarus. Paul wrote, "But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is, to bring Christ down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:6-9)."

Consider these things, please and if you will.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39729 Mar 13, 2014
Mark 9:44 [speaking of hell], Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39730 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
BLL.....do you not see that the scripture says to DESTROY .... BOTH the SOUL
and the
BODY !
The SOUL and the BODY ........Destroy both......we all know that our bodies will ROT and go away, right?......but then it says the SOUL will also be destroyed.
I still don't see the relevance. And besides, it warns us to fear the one that can... I repeat... can destroy both body and soul. It doesn't say to fear the one that will. As stated in scripture, death and hell will both be destroyed in the lake of fire.Hell will be no more. Therefore, no dead will be tormented in hell for ever. And considering that even death will be destroyed forever, then we can safely state that neither will the dead exist for any length of time.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39731 Mar 13, 2014
goodnight to all.....!

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39732 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Mark 9:44 [speaking of hell], Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Well. Apparently, you didn't agree with your cyber-friend, either. Neither did you contest them, though, when they told you that "hell" and the "valley of Hinnom" are one and the same. Do you know what another name for this "valley of Hinnom" is? Gehenna, or Ge'Hinnom.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-7 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#39733 Mar 14, 2014
Daily Text

Friday, March 14

Though against me war should rise, even then I shall be trusting.—Ps. 27:3.

Why is our preaching activity on the increase despite worsening world conditions? Why do we give freely of our time and energy while many are experiencing economic reversals? How can we remain courageous when many others fear the future? An inspired song of King David, recorded in Psalm 27, gives us the answers. David begins this psalm with the words:“Jehovah is my light and my salvation. Of whom shall I be in fear? Jehovah is the stronghold of my life. Of whom shall I be in dread?”(Ps. 27:1) While fear can exert a weakening influence, the feeling of dread is even more severe. But no underlying dread should agitate one who fears Jehovah.(1 Pet. 3:14) When we make Jehovah our stronghold, we “will reside in security and be undisturbed from dread of calamity.”—Prov. 1:33; 3:25 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39734 Mar 14, 2014
PrinceV Pipke Dr Shrink wrote:
THIS PLACE IS TO PROVE THAT JW ARE TRUE DISCIPLES OF JESUS CHRIST,
FROM HUMBLE AND SILEN STUDENT POSTS
LOL - To prove means it has to stand up criticism and not hide from honest questions
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39735 Mar 14, 2014
If it can't take the criticism and hides from inquiry - it's a fraud.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39740 Mar 14, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>

Well. Apparently, you didn't agree with your cyber-friend, either.

Neither did you contest them, though, when they told you that "hell" and the "valley of Hinnom" are one and the same..
You remind me of a child that thinks that the WHOLE class room should be reprimanded (contested) because we disagreed on what YOU said...and some of the class said a very similar statement, but because they are your FRIEND, you didn't say anything to them!"

Do you want everyone to be criticized on their opinions , just because you are ?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39741 Mar 14, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>

Other than the parable you quoted,

there's not one verse that describes an actual depiction of life, or consciousness, after one has died. Not all parables are to be understood at face value.

For God so loved the world , that He gave His only begotten Son, and whosoever believeth on HIM, shall have everlasting LIFE.

BLL....Should I not DEPICT ....LIFE after I die here in this scripture?

BLL....is this scripture telling a lie?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39742 Mar 14, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>

Matthew 25:14-29 The Parable of the Talents
I'd like to focus on just a few verses, please and if you don't mind. From verse 24 to 26 says, "Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed."

l.
Jesus ...(their MASTER) was gone and left his disciples in CHARGE

the last slave experiences just
what he feared - the master's wrath. Even the action described in verse, 27 would have been
better than the burial of the talent: even partial obedience would have been better than
sheer disobedience.

Had he obeyed for no other reason than that the master commanded
it, he too would have recognized how badly he had misjudged the master, and would have
received the blessings granted the other two (that both others receive the same response,
indicates that all who faithfully obey, however varied their capacities or opportunities,
verse 15, shall equally share in heaven's riches). As matters turn out, "the punishment for
neglected opportunity is deprivation of opportunity"

God gives us all talents....we should grasped every opportunity to use these talents....not hide them (bury them) we will be BLESSED more abundantly .

(actually, this has nothing to do with money here) but I understand the analogy used here.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39743 Mar 14, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Friday, March 14

Why is our preaching activity on the increase despite worsening world conditions?

Why do we give freely of our time and energy while many are experiencing economic reversals?

How can we remain courageous when many others fear the future?

)
Student.....OUR Ministry activities are increased BECAUSE of the worsening world conditions!

Student......We should always give FREELY of OUR time and our energy ...to the ones experiencing economic needs.....always help the ones in need...whether they are of your religion or not...don't you think? or do you?

Student....what makes you think that just because some fear the future......that WE would have trouble in REMAINING courages or CONFIDENT in Christ...that He will protect and be there for us also in OUR future ?????
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39745 Mar 14, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>

Other than the parable you quoted, there's not one verse that describes an actual depiction of life, or consciousness, after one has died.

BLL.......Do these scriptures DEPICT Life after we die?

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

there are more......

Luke 23:43 - And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Do you need MORE ...BLL??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Regina 650,146
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Into The Night 56,086
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 39 min turkishgirl 25
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 971,750
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Just Think 437
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,312
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr X Pendable 182,938
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web