Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39688 Mar 11, 2014
Student wrote:
Now our loyalty is on the line, not to that person, but to God.

Jehovah is watching us to see whether we will abide by his command not to have contact with anyone who is disfellowshipped.(1 Cor. 5:11-)
We , as Christians, are not to associate...meaning, to hang around with, go to their places of doing all their wrongs......BECAUSE we would be known as being LIKE them., If we are truly Christians, we would not want to anyway ...

this also means hang around with pedophiles, idolators, sexual offenders, such as rapist, drunkards,...Why did your organization not disfellowshipped the pedophile, that was caught? in your organization? instead of PROTECTING him?

Do you think your watch tower God is watching you to make sure you don't speak to apostates, also ?...( apostate......these are JW's that find out about the watch tower LIES and have left the organization, including possibly your OWN children that you have SHUNNED for leaving the ORGANIZATION.)

“Do good 4 the good of humanity”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#39690 Mar 11, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you mister Dildo
tomorrow visit local dr Shrink office for additional informations and advices,
your muscles look like chicken heals,and bold shaved head like old criminal seating life in prison without of parole?
the worst are your delusions and halucinations,
just need to your health to be dr Shrink
You don't make any sense.

“Do good 4 the good of humanity”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#39693 Mar 11, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
of course no?
Because your brain doesn't have any sense or any logics,
retards on the top,always blame their own dr Shrink?
kapish???
also staart learn basic foreign english and tomorrow visit dr Shrink
Mutants smdh.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#39695 Mar 11, 2014
Matthew 16:13-19 (edited) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom...say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

What prompted such a statement by our anointed Savior?

What we don't read (above) is how, when asked, the disciples answered our anointed Savior as to whom the people believed he was. "The anointed Savior" was not among the answers given. But, when asked whom they believed he was, without hesitation or doubt, Simon Barjona answered "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." At that response, our anointed Savior declared, "...flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

Let us establish the truth of this matter, now. Our anointed Savior is our Rock (1Corinthians 10:4). He's the anointed Rock of our salvation. The significance of our anointed Savior being a "Rock" is better understood by reading Matthew 7:24-25. This says, "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock." The "rock" in this parable is also the foundation, then. In that, 1Corinthians 3:11 says, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Two things have been established, now. 1) Our anointed Savior is our Rock and 2) he's our foundation. The two, "Rock" and "foundation," are identical in this spiritual sense. But, we can't ignore the fact that Simon was surnamed "Peter," or "Kepha," which means "rock." But, does this make Peter the foundation on which the Church is built?

Ephesians 2:20 (partial) says, "..the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone." Consider now, please and if you will, my previous post regarding the limited authority given to Peter and the verse we've just read. Is Peter exalted in the verse, or made to be equal with the apostles and prophets? Peter, like the other apostles and the prophets, were made to become one with our Godhead. Therefore, Peter, as an equal with the apostles and prophets, became part of the foundation, as well. Peter, though, did not become the rock, or foundation, by himself.

Consider the conversation now, in context. First, 1Corinthians 12:3, in partial, says, "...no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit." And according to 1Corinthians 12:9, faith is also a gift of the Spirit. So, was it Peter that our anointed Savior decided to build his Church on, or Peter's faith?

Matthew 16:18 (Greek and partial)...kai epi taute te petra oikodomeso mou ten ekklesian...

Matthew 16:18 (literal translation)...and on this the rock I will built my the church...

According to the Weymouth New Testament, Colossians 1:23 says, partially, "...if, indeed, you are still firmly holding to faith as your foundation..." So, as we can see if we can accept this, faith is our foundation, as well. Faith, like our anointed Savior and according to many verses, saves. Therefore, faith, like our anointed Savior, is our Rock and Salvation. And it was Peter's declaration by faith that our anointed Savior said he would build his Church on.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#39696 Mar 11, 2014
Daily Text

Wednesday, March 12

He is changing times and seasons, removing kings and setting up kings.—Dan. 2:21.

Jehovah God provided the means to measure time long before he created man. On the fourth creative day, God said:“Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years.”(Gen. 1:14, 19, 26) In harmony with Jehovah’s will, that is, of course, what took place. Until now, however, scientists have debated the nature of time.“Time is one of the world’s deepest mysteries,” states one encyclopedia.“No one can say exactly what it is.” Yet, Jehovah fully understands time. After all, he is “the Creator of the heavens,... the Former of the earth and the Maker of it.” Jehovah is also “the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done.”—Isa. 45:18; 46:10 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39697 Mar 11, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Wednesday, March 12
He is changing times and seasons, removing kings and setting up kings.—Dan. 2:21.
Jehovah God provided the means to measure time long before he created man. On the fourth creative day, God said:“Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years.”(Gen. 1:14, 19, 26) In harmony with Jehovah’s will, that is, of course, what took place. Until now, however, scientists have debated the nature of time.“Time is one of the world’s deepest mysteries,” states one encyclopedia.“No one can say exactly what it is.” Yet, Jehovah fully understands time. After all, he is “the Creator of the heavens,... the Former of the earth and the Maker of it.” Jehovah is also “the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done.”—Isa. 45:18; 46:10 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
I'm sure your intentions are good with the things you post, but I was wondering...

Don't you think it would be more profitable to dedicate your posts on learning what true love is and how, not to love, but to become love? I mean, I can understand your reason(s) for posting material such as that above if you were posting in a thread that had many people that believed in many different gods, but you're not. You're posting in a thread where the majority believe in the "God" of the Bible. I'm sure that anything positive you post about Father will be accepted and agreed to. But, the issue I see that's worldwide and even infecting this Topix site is the lack of love. In my experiences, I've found that the primary issue is that people tend to love others in a manner they deem acceptable and not on love as taught by our Godhead. Expressions of love are based on choice. Expressions of love are just that - expressions. To express love is to choose to love. To be love, though, has no options.

True love is...

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Matthew 5:43-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This is the perfection I believe all believers should strive for. And considering that "God" is love, to learn love is to learn "God."

Thank you for your time and consideration.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39698 Mar 12, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
during my daily work in mental institution
three is many mutants smdh like you,
who shave her toningh,tomorrow put on their bold head bucket of chicken s...
and at evening hair grow up like small wild jungle from wildernes of Cote de Ivoire
same happen with you mister Pee Pee,
So you are institutionalized as I've suspected all along.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39701 Mar 12, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are institutionalized as I've suspected all along.
Google My PhD

http://www.youtube.com/watch ..
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39703 Mar 12, 2014
Jw ,s believe the wicked will be destroyed....but not punished in hell...no hell

I believe what the Bible says in Dan 12:1-2, Matt 25:46, and Mark 3:9....that the wickded will be eternally punished.

Jw s believe, only people who God approves will receive eternal life,

I believe what the Bible says.... people who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will receive eternal life ! as in Matt 19: 29 , John 3: 14, 15, 16.......

Jw's believe that the human soul, ceases to exist a death.

I believe what the Bible says....at death, the spirit of man, goes to GOD
in Ecc 3:21 and 12;7
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39706 Mar 12, 2014
Prince Helmut von Y Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry my little pumpkin
Jesus spoke only parables,and Bible also is parabolic mostly spiritual relation
Psalm 78;2
Mat 13;34,35.Mark 4;33-34. John 10;6
Biblical hell is not literal eternal fire oven tormenting bad Gods creatures?
if death and spirit goes to heaven,according to you,
we don't need Jesus Christ to redeem some souls and save them
Hitler also is in heaven according to your claim, or Stalin after kiling own mama and 30 milions russians also fly to the heaven?etc.......
soul who is will die,
soul goes to God,doesn't mean that this soul exist,just simple from Gods only pleasure some of those wicked souls can get mercy-it is like criminal on the right hand of Dieyng Jesus Christ on the cross, but left side criminal for sure never enter Gods bedroom to live as soul under Gods bed?
is it???
LOL!....(pumpkin, pumpkin, I'm a pumpkin!!...yes!) smiles.....

.that is why I said "those who confess Jesus Christ, will have eternal life.....the SOUL, that confesses

I don't know what the Bible Hell is like..(abyss)... but it says that the wicked will be eternally Punished ...right? and Hell is used a couple of ways in the Bible.

Your SOUL is who you are....have you heard the expression "He was a Merry ole soul" ?
or " In High Spirits" ??? your emotions and personality ....

Well, now I don't know if Hitler or Stalin is there! I don't know how God Judges their heart.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39708 Mar 12, 2014
Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

According to scriptures, both death and hell are going to be destroyed by this proverbial "lake of fire." Therefore, neither can exist in the new heaven or new earth. In this, none can no longer die and the dead will no longer exist. The dead cannot dwell in hell if hell, too, is destroyed.
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#39709 Mar 13, 2014
Daily Text

Thursday, March 13

They took no note until the flood came and swept them all away.—Matt. 24:39.

Most of mankind today take no note of the warnings that God’s servants proclaim. Many even deride the idea of God’s intervening in human affairs—as people did in Noah’s day.(2 Pet. 3:3-7) Yet, in that hostile environment, how did Noah use his time? After being informed of God’s intentions and receiving his commission, Noah built an ark to preserve men and animals alive.(Gen. 6:13, 14, 22) Noah also proclaimed Jehovah’s impending judgment. The apostle Peter calls him “a preacher of righteousness,” indicating that Noah strove to help his neighbors appreciate the gravity of their situation.(2 Pet. 2:5) Do you think that it would have been reasonable for Noah and his family to focus their efforts on developing a business, getting ahead among their contemporaries, or establishing a comfortable lifestyle? Of course not! Knowing what lay ahead, they avoided such distractions.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39710 Mar 13, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Finish the scripture

This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39711 Mar 13, 2014
Matthew 10:28,

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39712 Mar 13, 2014
Jesus Christ told this story in luke 16 : 19-31:

19. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39713 Mar 13, 2014
Daniel 12:2, And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and EVERLASTING contempt.
Liam

Minneapolis, MN

#39714 Mar 13, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Our anointed Savior was called "son of David" because, first, he is a direct descendant of David. Secondly and as a direct descendant of David, he's also the rightful heir to David's throne.
Allow me to say this, please and if you will.
Yes, it did seem that Peter was given prominence over the other apostles, but it seems this prominence was somewhat limited. Peter, indeed, became a bishop, but he shared the bishopric with the other apostles. I can admit that scriptures do state that Peter became the apostle to the nation of Israel. But, again, this leadership-role seems to have been limited in ways. We must acknowledge, at Galatians 2:9, that James is mentioned before Peter and John. This might seem insignificant to some, but from the biblical point-of-view, the order in which names are listed is anything but insignificant.
It's important to look at what Peter did and not just a few vague descriptions recorded in scripture. It's not very hard to read the Bible 2,000 yrs later, and form a theology based on that. In fact, many have. If one believes in their heart that every verse, every word, every punctuation mark and every "i" and "t" is the literal word of God, then I don't know what to say. I guess....go for it. I can't disrespect that totally. I just don't get it. I love sacred scripture. It's just irresponsible to analyze every little verse like many do. I mean the Apostles already explained the message. They surely didn't rely on everyone else to decipher the "code".

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39717 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Finish the scripture

This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Thank you for finishing for me.

As you can see, those not found in the book of life were cast into the lake of fire, which is also the first... I mean, second death. That's right. Second. The first death is the death all living creatures face before the kingdom is established. We must keep in mind, too, that according to the previous verse, verse 13, death and hell gave up all them that were in them. So, where do those cast into the lake of fire go (and remain for eternity) when both death and hell are cast into the lake of fire with those not found in the book of life?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39718 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Matthew 10:28,
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.

I don't understand. Explain, please and if you will.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39719 Mar 13, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Jesus Christ told this story in luke 16 : 19-31:
19. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose
The above is a parable. Nothing more, nothing less.

The rich man represents the priesthood of Israel.
Lazarus represents the nation of Israel.
Abraham's bosom represents the kingdom.
The great gulf represents sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Chilli J 31,144
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 687,320
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min You dont know jack 286,570
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min Aerobatty 987,337
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 4 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 7 hr Always aware 91
More from around the web