Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39540 Mar 5, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a typical jw statement.
They won't click on a website because it's apostate(heretic)
You won't because it's a conspiracy. LOL
By now you're well aware of the NT passages on 'the Lord's day' which is Sunday.(Acts 20:7, 1Cor 16:2, Revelation 1:10.
I can prove to you that the Catholic Church in Rome had nothing to do with Sunday worship. Constantine was not even born when Christians clearly and irrefutably wrote about the Sabbath no longer being binding for the Christian. Some of these men were direct students of the Apostles.

How do you explain this?

Didache 70 AD
"On the Lord's day, come together and break bread; give thanks after confessing your sins that your sacrifice may be pure"

Epistle of Barnabas 60 AD- 74 AD (Disciple of Paul)
"wherefore, we keep the eight day, Sunday, with joyfulness. The day also on which the Lord Jesus rose from the dead"

Ignatius of Antioch 110 AD,(Disciple of John and Peter)
"Those in ancient practices (Jews) attained a newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths, but fashioning their lives after the Lord's day, on which our lives also rose with Him"

Justin Martyr 155 AD
"On the day called Sunday, all who live in the cities and country gather together in one place,,, to break bread"

www.newadvent.org/cathen/14335a.htm

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord 's_day

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39541 Mar 5, 2014
yon wrote:
(3) Easter also, has nothing to do with the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is celebrating the Spring Equinox and nature's resurrection, as the SUN'S victory over winter, looking Easter-ward, the rising place of the SUN.
Do you know that all Masonic Lodges face East?
Student

Heroica Nogales, Mexico

#39544 Mar 5, 2014
Daily Text

Thursday, March 6

Whenever it is that they are saying:“Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them.—1 Thess. 5:3.

The first phase of this “sudden destruction” is the attack against “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, also known as “the harlot.”(Rev. 17:5, 6, 15) That attack against all forms of false religion, including Christendom, is the start of the “great tribulation.”(Matt. 24:21; 2 Thess. 2:8) God’s Word identifies the harlot’s attacker as a “wild beast” with “ten horns.” A study of the book of Revelation shows that the wild beast refers to the United Nations (UN).“The ten horns” represent all present political powers that support this “scarlet-colored wild beast.”(Rev. 17:3, 5, 11, 12) How devastating will the attack be? The nations of the UN will plunder the harlot’s wealth, expose her real character, devour her, and “completely burn her.” Her destruction will be final.—Rev. 17:16.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
Liam

Aurora, CO

#39545 Mar 6, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, March 6
Whenever it is that they are saying:“Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them.—1 Thess. 5:3.
The first phase of this “sudden destruction” is the attack against “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, also known as “the harlot.”(Rev. 17:5, 6, 15) That attack against all forms of false religion, including Christendom, is the start of the “great tribulation.”(Matt. 24:21; 2 Thess. 2:8) God’s Word identifies the harlot’s attacker as a “wild beast” with “ten horns.” A study of the book of Revelation shows that the wild beast refers to the United Nations (UN).“The ten horns” represent all present political powers that support this “scarlet-colored wild beast.”(Rev. 17:3, 5, 11, 12) How devastating will the attack be? The nations of the UN will plunder the harlot’s wealth, expose her real character, devour her, and “completely burn her.” Her destruction will be final.—Rev. 17:16.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
The Book of Revelation is not a secret encoded puzzle, that God wished for us to decipher. Very little of it is about the final return of Christ or the so-called 'end of the world'.
Much if it is John being shown, in spectacular imagery, the powerful Mass on Sunday 1:10, an alter 8:3, 11:1, 14:18, Priest's and incense 5:8, 8:3-5; Priest's with vestments 4:4, 11:15, 6:11; celibacy 14:4 , the Eucharist or manna 2:17, chalice 15:7 The sign. of the cross, the Gloria, lleluia. Lamb of God, Virgin Mary, Angels and Saints, lamp stands.

Furthermore, the prophecies of the whore and harlot, and city "on seven hills have come to pass". Its not the U.N. or Russia or America or the Roman Catholic Church.....Its the destruction of Jerusalem, the persecution by Emperor Nero and the maniac Roman Empire.

...more later
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39546 Mar 6, 2014
But if you truly want to know what is wrong with America today, why not read for yourself Rome’s own advertized web site, Project: Vatican - removed, but can be found here

Project Vatican booklet.pdf - The Overcomer
Dec 31, 1999 ... Project: Vatican. Blueprint
ftp://www.overcomerministry.or g/.../Project%20Vatican%20book let.pdf
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39547 Mar 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Book of Revelation is not a secret encoded puzzle, that God wished for us to decipher. Very little of it is about the final return of Christ or the so-called 'end of the world'.
Much if it is John being shown, in spectacular imagery, the powerful Mass on Sunday 1:10, an alter 8:3, 11:1, 14:18, Priest's and incense 5:8, 8:3-5; Priest's with vestments 4:4, 11:15, 6:11; celibacy 14:4 , the Eucharist or manna 2:17, chalice 15:7 The sign. of the cross, the Gloria, lleluia. Lamb of God, Virgin Mary, Angels and Saints, lamp stands.
Furthermore, the prophecies of the whore and harlot, and city "on seven hills have come to pass". Its not the U.N. or Russia or America or the Roman Catholic Church.....Its the destruction of Jerusalem, the persecution by Emperor Nero and the maniac Roman Empire.
...more later
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Whore of Babylon represents "the world empire of false religion",
referring to all elements of worldly religions that do not adhere to biblical truth as published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTS) and as interpreted and defined by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (the institutional and leadership organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses).

This includes, but is not limited to, Christendom, a term they use to refer to "professed Christianity" (Nominal Christianity) as opposed to "true Christianity". Jehovah's Witnesses literature often mentions the Catholic religion when discussing The Great Harlot of Babylon, and the subsequent attack on her by the political powers, signaling the beginning of the "great tribulation".

They believe that the harlot—the empire of false religion and an enemy of God—has persecuted God's prophets and people, and that 'false religion'—all religions that have dealings with governmental or commercial elements of the world;commits and has committed "fornication" with the world's political and commercial elements.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#39548 Mar 6, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Whore of Babylon represents "the world empire of false religion",
referring to all elements of worldly religions that do not adhere to biblical truth as published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTS) and as interpreted and defined by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (the institutional and leadership organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses).
This includes, but is not limited to, Christendom, a term they use to refer to "professed Christianity" (Nominal Christianity) as opposed to "true Christianity". Jehovah's Witnesses literature often mentions the Catholic religion when discussing The Great Harlot of Babylon, and the subsequent attack on her by the political powers, signaling the beginning of the "great tribulation".
They believe that the harlot—the empire of false religion and an enemy of God—has persecuted God's prophets and people, and that 'false religion'—all religions that have dealings with governmental or commercial elements of the world;commits and has committed "fornication" with the world's political and commercial elements.
thanks for the info. I have a family member who married a JW. I met her family a few times. They are nice folks.
It was another encounter with a couple that actually propelled my return into Catholicism. I knew the Bible didn't fall from the sky....I was aware how it developed and by whom. But what really shook me was how they approached my teenage son after they failed to win me. I almost kicked in the door at their building...they kept calling him.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39550 Mar 6, 2014
The thing about the Vatican is it's a COUNTRY, but it has the world convinced that it's just a religion of God. BTW - their infiltration of the US has resulted in NO Protestants on the US Supreme Court. Napoleon took away their civil power - but that didn't stop them.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#39551 Mar 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
By now you're well aware of the NT passages on 'the Lord's day' which is Sunday.(Acts 20:7, 1Cor 16:2, Revelation 1:10.
I can prove to you that the Catholic Church in Rome had nothing to do with Sunday worship. Constantine was not even born when Christians clearly and irrefutably wrote about the Sabbath no longer being binding for the Christian. Some of these men were direct students of the Apostles.
How do you explain this?
Didache 70 AD
"On the Lord's day, come together and break bread; give thanks after confessing your sins that your sacrifice may be pure"
Epistle of Barnabas 60 AD- 74 AD (Disciple of Paul)
"wherefore, we keep the eight day, Sunday, with joyfulness. The day also on which the Lord Jesus rose from the dead"
Ignatius of Antioch 110 AD,(Disciple of John and Peter)
"Those in ancient practices (Jews) attained a newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths, but fashioning their lives after the Lord's day, on which our lives also rose with Him"
Justin Martyr 155 AD
"On the day called Sunday, all who live in the cities and country gather together in one place,,, to break bread"
www.newadvent.org/cathen/14335a.htm
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord 's_day
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

The dating for most of your references is off.

Didache is 70 a.d.? Seriously
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39553 Mar 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the info. I have a family member who married a JW. I met her family a few times. They are nice folks.
It was another encounter with a couple that actually propelled my return into Catholicism. I knew the Bible didn't fall from the sky....I was aware how it developed and by whom. But what really shook me was how they approached my teenage son after they failed to win me. I almost kicked in the door at their building...they kept calling him.
Lets hope your family member doesn't go over to Jw's. Jw's are told to leave husband/wife if they are not converted to JW...the JW that marries out of their religion are SHUNNED from their family and friends, if they leave the JW religion. It is sad.

They do appear nice when they knock on your door...until they crab your attention and get you to do Bible studies with them and then you really start seeing a scarey change.

Jesus Christ starts becoming JUST a good prophet. and I guess you know that they call Jesus Christ ..Michael the Archangle.

They are a very bad cult from the watch tower organization.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#39554 Mar 6, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The dating for most of your references is off.
Didache is 70 a.d.? Seriously
I only provided 4!
Some scholars put it much earlier than 70 AD.

Wikipedia.org/wiki/Didache

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#39555 Mar 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I only provided 4!
Some scholars put it much earlier than 70 AD.
Wikipedia.org/wiki/Didache

I have heard 95 - 110.

"A new consensus[35] is emerging which dates the Didache to about the turn of the 2nd century"

From the wikipedia entry.

However your point does not seem harmed by the dating of the Didache. The work give a fair history of what the Church in Rome believed and practiced very early on, and not dating to 325.

I must note, however, that the Church in Rome did not yet have authority over all Christendom and other Chruches had competing ideas, including the Church in Judea.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#39556 Mar 6, 2014
Washington DC wrote:
<quoted text>
yea
you know"genius"about book of revelation and videos from 175 before Constantine
such idiots like you is plenty in this country
Revelation is book of prophecy not History of Rom or Ceasar Nero,
YOU POOR UNEDUCATED IDIOT

Actually Liam's understanding of Revelation is quite correct. The belief that the book was about the future, end of times, or whatever is mostly a modern invention. The post modern beliefs about revelation are due to the attempt to impose a form of literalism upon the text so it makes a coherent story about our time. That is quite silly and was never intended by the early 2nd century Jewish/Christian author.

When ancient books are pulled out of the context of their time great violence is done to them.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#39557 Mar 6, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>

It is amusing how much the JW's are like the RC's. They have serious RC envy.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39558 Mar 6, 2014
Vatican Design Exposed Page 21
The Biblical Proof
Revelation Chapter 13

So have you ever wondered why the world has been relatively free from religious persecution in the past several hundred years? Especially, free from being hauled into some ecclesiastical court because of the way you believed and worshipped God. Well read it for yourself. God’s Word tells you why!

John said,“And I saw one of his heads (the Sixth Head) as it were “wounded” to death:” How was this made possible? The answer is by the “Sword” of the Spirit of the Holy Word of God!

The Bible or the Scriptures of the True God was made, by Rome, a crime worthy of death, to even have one in your possession. They became a very scarce item. Then the Gutenberg printing press was invented, and Bibles began to flood the homes of people
everywhere. Hungry for God’s Truth, people read God’s Word for the first time in centuries, and came to know exactly who gave Rome its malicious power.

So they rose up in rebellion, even though it cost them dearly, and for untold millions, they gave their very lives — but courageously, they freed themselves from the shackles of Rome. And in the process, they also rid the world of Rome’s power to systematically butcher anyone who refused to conform to its Satanic “Sun” worship religious authority.
But the “struggle” is far from being over, as God’s Word clearly reminds us in saying,“And his deadly wound was “HEALED”: And all the world wondered after the “Beast”.

However, to understand the “healing” of Rome, is to bring into view scenes too horrible to describe in all its Satanic fury — but increase the intensity of those horrible scenes many fold, and then like a bombshell, drop them into modern man’s world — it will utterly paralyze him, so unprepared and sound asleep he is, to what is soon to come.

But the “marvel” of all marvels, is that the whole world of “so called” Christianity today, is so “deceived” they don’t even know who the “Beast” is, much less that its power is about to be “healed”. And people are quite content in their own little worlds. Certainly, who needs a message of gloom and doom? So even though it is yet future, God says Rome’s Satanic power “will” be healed. And with God’s
track record for precisely fulfilling predictions, you would think it is something worth paying attention to.

But to assist in her “healing”, Rome has deceptively and cunningly, through Freemasonry, masterminded a marvelous world superpower “creation”, that responds to her every beck and call. And God says, it too will speak as a “Dragon”! But sadly, and with bitter tears, it is someone we have learned to love dearly, and is affectionately known as — America. Pay close attention now, as we study Revelation 13:11-18 and The “SECOND” Power = AMERICA. Let’s pause for a moment, and ask ourselves a few penetrating questions about our beloved country, America. Like, what other nation in the entire history of mankind has ever offered its citizens the freedom and liberty, the opportunities for prosperity, and the security to live peacefully that America has?

http://www.vaticandesignexposed.com/
Liam

Garden City, MI

#39559 Mar 6, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard 95 - 110.
"A new consensus[35] is emerging which dates the Didache to about the turn of the 2nd century"
From the wikipedia entry.
However your point does not seem harmed by the dating of the Didache. The work give a fair history of what the Church in Rome believed and practiced very early on, and not dating to 325.
I must note, however, that the Church in Rome did not yet have authority over all Christendom and other Chruches had competing ideas, including the Church in Judea.
The Church in Rome did have authority over the other Churches. Read the letter of Clement (3rd Bishop of Rome) to the Church in Corinth around 80 AD. He spoke with authority, demanding the Corinthians 're install some Priests they defrocked. They obeyed because Clement was the successor to Peter. There is no other reason the eastern Church in Corinth (who had their own Bishops) would obey Clement, unless the Bishop of Rome had a special office.... Especially since John the Apostle was still alive.... Rome was where it was set up by Peter and Paul. It is still standing today on the literal graves of those two Apostles.
now I ain't going to argue that it was completely cut and dry. It was a time of great persecution. The first 30 Popes were executed by the wicked Roman Empire. Thus other Churches did function without constant guidance from Rome. They had to. But the faith was still fresh in everyone's minds. Disputes on doctrine were probably non existent. People knew the basic dogmas. That's how I see it.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#39560 Mar 6, 2014
yon wrote:
Vatican Design Exposed Page 21
The Biblical Proof
Revelation Chapter 13
So have you ever wondered why the world has been relatively free from religious persecution in the past several hundred years? Especially, free from being hauled into some ecclesiastical court because of the way you believed and worshipped God. Well read it for yourself. God’s Word tells you why!
John said,“And I saw one of his heads (the Sixth Head) as it were “wounded” to death:” How was this made possible? The answer is by the “Sword” of the Spirit of the Holy Word of God!
The Bible or the Scriptures of the True God was made, by Rome, a crime worthy of death, to even have one in your possession. They became a very scarce item. Then the Gutenberg printing press was invented, and Bibles began to flood the homes of people
everywhere. Hungry for God’s Truth, people read God’s Word for the first time in centuries, and came to know exactly who gave Rome its malicious power.
So they rose up in rebellion, even though it cost them dearly, and for untold millions, they gave their very lives — but courageously, they freed themselves from the shackles of Rome. And in the process, they also rid the world of Rome’s power to systematically butcher anyone who refused to conform to its Satanic “Sun” worship religious authority.
But the “struggle” is far from being over, as God’s Word clearly reminds us in saying,“And his deadly wound was “HEALED”: And all the world wondered after the “Beast”.
However, to understand the “healing” of Rome, is to bring into view scenes too horrible to describe in all its Satanic fury — but increase the intensity of those horrible scenes many fold, and then like a bombshell, drop them into modern man’s world — it will utterly paralyze him, so unprepared and sound asleep he is, to what is soon to come.
But the “marvel” of all marvels, is that the whole world of “so called” Christianity today, is so “deceived” they don’t even know who the “Beast” is, much less that its power is about to be “healed”. And people are quite content in their own little worlds. Certainly, who needs a message of gloom and doom? So even though it is yet future, God says Rome’s Satanic power “will” be healed. And with God’s
track record for precisely fulfilling predictions, you would think it is something worth paying attention to.
But to assist in her “healing”, Rome has deceptively and cunningly, through Freemasonry, masterminded a marvelous world superpower “creation”, that responds to her every beck and call. And God says, it too will speak as a “Dragon”! But sadly, and with bitter tears, it is someone we have learned to love dearly, and is affectionately known as — America. Pay close attention now, as we study Revelation 13:11-18 and The “SECOND” Power = AMERICA. Let’s pause for a moment, and ask ourselves a few penetrating questions about our beloved country, America. Like, what other nation in the entire history of mankind has ever offered its citizens the freedom and liberty, the opportunities for prosperity, and the security to live peacefully that America has?
http://www.vaticandesignexposed.com/
Yet...the council of Rome put Revelation in the Bible in the 4th century..

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#39561 Mar 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church in Rome did have authority over the other Churches. Read the letter of Clement (3rd Bishop of Rome) to the Church in Corinth around 80 AD. He spoke with authority, demanding the Corinthians 're install some Priests they defrocked. They obeyed because Clement was the successor to Peter. There is no other reason the eastern Church in Corinth (who had their own Bishops) would obey Clement, unless the Bishop of Rome had a special office.... Especially since John the Apostle was still alive.... Rome was where it was set up by Peter and Paul. It is still standing today on the literal graves of those two Apostles.
now I ain't going to argue that it was completely cut and dry. It was a time of great persecution. The first 30 Popes were executed by the wicked Roman Empire. Thus other Churches did function without constant guidance from Rome. They had to. But the faith was still fresh in everyone's minds. Disputes on doctrine were probably non existent. People knew the basic dogmas. That's how I see it.

The church in Corinth was part of the Roman Church. They were followers of Paul who also founded the church in Rome. Other Churches (at that time) were not aligned with the Roman Chruch.

Fast forward to 325 A.D. and you have several major belief systems fighting over who's view of Christianity is right and the emperor saying "just make it work". So the Roman believe system was the big winner. The Church in Judea came in second and many of their ideas found its way into Christian theology. The Gnostics managed to place and a few of their idea and books made the cut. The Gospel of John is both the most gnostic and the most antignostic.
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#39562 Mar 6, 2014
Daily Text

Friday, March 7

Have you shown yourself discouraged in the day of distress? Your power will be scanty.—Prov. 24:10.

In today’s world so full of disasters, challenges, and pressures, many feel overwhelmed. Even some Christians have felt that way. Lani, who was enjoying the full-time service in Australia, says that when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, it was devastating and struck like a bolt of lightning. She says,“The treatments made me very ill, and I was left with no self-esteem.” On top of everything else, she had to care for her husband, who had undergone spinal surgery. If we find ourselves in such a situation, what can we do? We do well to remember that Satan wants to use the tribulations we suffer to undermine our faith. However, we must not allow him to sap our joy in this way. Meditating on Biblical examples of servants of God who faced life’s trials with courage will help us to muster up courage in the face of any adversities that we may encounter.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
Gar

Doylestown, PA

#39565 Mar 6, 2014
I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses who stumbled across this topic by accident. Frankly what has been said by the original poster is rude, disgraceful and a bad example of us Jehovah's witnesses. Personally, as a JW, I keep my religious thoughts for only the times when I engage in field service or when asked by peers. For one of my own to come out and yell it at everyone that we are the only good religion is a terrible example. Do I believe that I have the correct religion? Yes, just like any other religious person you ask in the world. Of course others must understand that there are going to be nutty people in every faith of over 7 million people, I've met them myself, but why are argue over beliefs with people who don't share the same ideas. Yes, when I go out door to door I share my beliefs because that is what we are taught to do. We are taught to have a world wide preaching work, but if you are not interested, just make that clear and say, "put me on the do not call list."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 654,009
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr here 64,056
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,805
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr --IslandGurL-- 3,806
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 4 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 4 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web