Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#39417 Mar 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
I will always have animosity to anyone spreading LIES on Jesus Christ.
If you don't mind listening to lies...then please ...your prerogative...
If I witness a supposed believer spreading lies about our anointed Savior, I take a few things into consideration before allowing my emotions to run wild.

1) The scriptures instruct us to get wisdom. However, it continues to instruct us saying that with our receiving of wisdom, to get understanding, as well. We must learn to understand imperfect man and his thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech.

2) Lies and heresies about our anointed Savior have been circulating even before he died and resurrected. The apostle John wrote his epistles specifically to denounce the heretical Gnostic doctrine.

3) After time and like Satan and his angels, lies appear as light and truth. It's worse when we learn lies from those we trust most, like our immediate family. But, who's to say our beloved family members knew they were being taught lies?

4) Which denominations teach the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, which teach half-truths, and which teach nothing but lies?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39418 Mar 2, 2014
Dogen wrote:
They did not repent. They got burned too many times and were losing members in droves after the last attempt in '75.
That might be true and you might be right, but as you've probably read already, I was told by an elder of the Jehovah's Witnesses that they repented of such foolishness. I mean, I don't know if their repentance was sincere or not, or their reason for repenting, so I'll leave that up to our Godhead to judge. I can only go by what I was told.
Dogen wrote:
They were just trying to stop the hemorrhaging without a blood transfusion.
BTW you know only self aggrandized JWs who claim to be one of the 144,000 are allowed to take communion (drink the blood of Christ).Yes, I'm aware. And I, too, don't understand their reasoning. I've debated with Jehovah's Witnesses on this topic not a few times. The Jehovah's Witnesses that I discussed my disagreements with actually came to agree with me, but were afraid to approach their elders for fear of being ex-communicated.

[QUOTE who="Dogen"]Of course the 144k is from pagan ideas and JW don't realize it. Pretty funny lot.
Well, the concept of 144,000 is found in the book called "Revelation," so... I've never heard of such a thing. Please and if you will, enlighten me. I'm genuinely interested in learning of this.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39419 Mar 2, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>For the record, I was referring to the texts accepted and preserved by the sons of Aaron and the Levites.
<quoted text>Correction: The term "catholic" wasn't used by Ignatius to promote the Catholic organization as it's known today. As you stated (and at that time), the term "catholic" was used simply to provoke a universal understanding, if you will, reflecting John 17:21. This says, "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us." It wasn't until Cyril of Jerusalem (circa AD 360) used the term that it became the official name for the organization.
Then what happened to the Church in Antioch that Bishop Ignatius headed? where did they go? I'm sorry, but this Church didn't dissipate. Its still present.
The evidence shows these people believing in the Catholic faith in the first century. They believed in the authority of the Church; The Eucharist as the real presence of Jesus Christ. Sunday worship..
Where are they today, those who believe in the same things as the first generation Christians?

"that they may all be one"

We are still one.

I'm sorry, but not everyone who stands outside and says they are part of the Church, yet denys the very word of God, couldn't possibly be included.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39420 Mar 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Jesus Christ is not a false God.....
I know.
lovewithin wrote:
when I celebrate Christmas .....it is celebrating Jesus Christ Birthday.....
Technically speaking, no. It's not. What we call "Christmas" is the apostates mask over the actual festival, called "Saturnalia." Saturnalia is to worship the false-god of the Romans, Saturn. And Saturn is the Roman equivalent to the Greek's Cronus. Now, I'm sure we agree that nobody knows the actual date of our anointed Savior's birth. What's been determined is that our anointed Savior was born sometime in September or October. To understand this, we must understand what's called the "course of Abia." In that, I don't believe it's sinful to celebrate the day of our anointed Savior's day of birth whenever we deem acceptable. But, it becomes sinful when we celebrate, more-so, with all the pagan ritual and decorations, I can go more into detail if you'd like me to.
lovewithin wrote:
whether it was a pagan STARTING it or not......
And how many people died when Aaron, for fear of the multitude, decided to make a "day unto the LORD" while awaiting Moses' return?
lovewithin wrote:
and as we have all throughout the world , set Dec. 25th as to celebrate in UNITY ...Christ Birthday...whether it be the EXACT date or not......we are in UNITY of one mind.
In one sentence, you've turned believers into lemmings. Scriptures say that we must separate ourselves from the world and come out of Babylon (false-religions). Not to assimilate with the world.
lovewithin wrote:
Just as JW supposedly don't acknowledge or celebrate Birthdays ...because John the Babtist was BEHEADED on a Birthday...! Some of their reasonings are ERRONEOUS
I went into this already, in another post. I, personally, celebrate the anniversary of people's day of birth.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39421 Mar 2, 2014
remnant of 144000 wrote:
I know BLL that your beliefs are almost 100% close only with Bible,
it look like JW similarities,because JW many doctrines cover Bible true facts,
I quess Student is doing only own goal,just daily texts post,and doesn't care all of you fights with each other,and gnash teeth against them?
THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION TO SHUT MOUTHS OF ALL ENEMIES?
this women poster is very excelent believer posts, and needs more biblical maturity not forced by own advices or own doctrines,
You are able to have with her,healthy and upbuild conversation?
I appreciate your kind words, remnant of 144000. And I agree. lovewithin is a zealous one. Such zeal is commendable.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39422 Mar 2, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer beads came from Hinduism via Buddhism along the silk road.
I didn't know that. Well, for Christianity, they were first used in the first/second century. Kudos to the Hindu's and Buddhist for coming up with a clever idea. I'm not sure they put a patent on it though. For the illiterate Christian, it only made sense.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39423 Mar 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
I love to be polite and mannerly and say Thank you when it is due. I cannot ,however, be polite and mannerly when I am telling someone .....you are dead wrong!....you have hatred!....you have a bad attitude! you are just wanting to argue!
I am not a fake....I say what I mean...and mean what I say. if I don't know something , I have no problem in saying "I don't Know". Being a woman ....that sometimes has got me into trouble, lol!
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39424 Mar 2, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
They LOSE their self-esteem when the watch tower gets them brainwashed, for sure.
Consider this, please and if you will.

What draws people into these organizations that many like to label "cults"?

What's a must that we consider is that, there's reasons people separate themselves from one denomination in order to join themselves unto another. There's reasons people separate themselves from one religion in order to join themselves unto another. And it's up to us to try to understand what was their reason. What is so appealing about Jehovah's Witnesses that has many people joining their congregation? What's more appealing than, say, the Lutheran, or the Presbyterian, or the Catholic? Why are there, now, more Muslims than Catholics?

If those professing Christianity were living accordingly, especially after 2,000 years, would there be Buddhists, or Taoists, or Muslims?

Just consider what I've proposed, please and if you will.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39425 Mar 2, 2014
Student wrote:
You are absolutely right, I agree with the Scriptures you posted.
I thought so.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39426 Mar 2, 2014
Dogen wrote:
I don't get Mashiyachiym. It seems exactly like Christianity except it uses the technically more accurate (Hebrew) term instead of the Greek.
What are the differences and where can I learn more about it.
Most likely, every search for "Mashiyachiym," on the internet or elsewhere, will direct you back to me. Today and as I believe, my family and I are the only members of Mashiyachiym. And that's because in a sense, you are absolutely correct. "Mashiyachiym" is only the Hebrew equivalent to the English "Christian." I adopted the term because I desired to separate myself from the present perceptions of the average "Christian," especially in these united states of southern North America. In the end, I highly doubt I'll be considered guilty for my decision. In the end, I still believe that Father's only-begotten Son died for my sins and resurrected three-days after he was condemned to death. I believe the Bible is of "God."
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39427 Mar 2, 2014
I've never seen more respect given to the sacred scriptures like i have when i came back into the Catholic Church.... This utmost respect caused people on the outside to look at our Bible as if the Bible was in fact God. They thought the Apostles handed out their letters to everyone to "figure out their own Christianity", and the Roman Church hijacked it all, preventing everyone from reading the word of God.'The Bible' was all there was and that's that. They assumed the Catholic Church (like all the protestant denominations) read the Bible, and formed a Church based around the Bible. Still to this day, they think the Bible came down from Heaven, codex and all, and we are to go by every single verse as if God Himself wrote it down in OUR 20th century language and culture! The Bible Bible Bible and nothing else.
The problem with that?
The Apostles never taught to go by the Bible alone. Only 4 of the 12 wrote...
What happened when Bartholomew and Thaddeus went to Armenia? What happened when Thomas went to India? What about Andrew in Greece?
These Apostles weren't carrying Paul and Peter's letters. In fact, they probably had no clue Paul and Luke were even writing.

...continued
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39428 Mar 2, 2014
The Bible is the result of the authority of the Church. It wasn't created and plopped down from Heaven. It evolved over many yrs. The sacred tradition of the Mass, as given by the Apostles, was to read scripture before you began the liturgical sacrifice. This way, everyone in attendance could always see the OT flowing into the new.
After the Apostles died, the tradition continued, only now it was custom to read the letters and memoirs they wrote, along with the OT manuscripts (again, to demonstrate the typology of Judaism flowing into Christianity, thru Jesus Christ.
Sacred tradition, as orally taught by Jesus Christ and His Apostles, is ALSO the word of God. Somehow, 1600 yrs later, men decided the "word of God" was only what was bundled in their KJV.

They have no scripture to back this up. No scripture verse that gives us the collection of Books we call "the Bible". No scripture that says scripture is the only thing started by Jesus Christ. They focus in on their highlighted kJv as if that Bible is their god.
That is idolatry.
Men with itching ears altered the teachings of the Apostles and the fallout of this mess is never ending.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39429 Mar 2, 2014
1Tim 3:15
From the Bible, we can conclude that the CHURCH is the pillar and foundation of truth. The Bible doesn't say the "Bible' is the pillar and foundation of truth, it says the Church is. Later, men with itching ears removed the Church (or redefined it) and said the Bible is.

Mathew 18:17
"if he refuses to listen them, tell it to the Church; and if he refuses to even listen to the Church, let him be to you as a gentile and tax collector"
"Tell it to the Church". The Lord didn't say "show him the Bible".

Mathew 16:18
Jesus changed Simon's name to Kepha. In Jesus' language (Aramaic) this meant "Big Rock". Jesus said he would build His Church on Peter. "the gates of hell shall never prevail against it"

www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-the-rock

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39430 Mar 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
Then what happened to the Church in Antioch that Bishop Ignatius headed? where did they go? I'm sorry, but this Church didn't dissipate. Its still present.
What I can tell you is that, for many years, the congregation at Antioch was associated with the Greek Orthodox (after the schism, of course) and not the Roman Catholic. But, like any of the denominations, we can't maintain that the true Church is within the confines of just one denomination. No scriptures indicate that it's the religious rites and rituals of any said denomination that makes them the one, true Church. Because of that, I know that faithful believers are scattered throughout all denominations. And these faithful believers can only be determined by witnessing their thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech.
Liam wrote:
The evidence shows these people believing in the Catholic faith in the first century.
And if you would be so kind, I'd appreciate your showing me this evidence. And not from Roman Catholic sources, either. Again, the term "catholic" was used in the first century, but not to proclaim a name for the Christian Church. In that, first century Christians believed in a faith that extended universally. In the first, second, and third centuries, the faith was called "The Way" and not "Catholic."
Liam wrote:
They believed in the authority of the Church;
The early Church believed in the authority of the Church led by the precepts of the Bible. The Church was not allowed to make inclusions that opposed and contradicted biblical teachings. Much of the rites adopted, or invented, by the Catholic organization (and other denominations) are not Bible-based.
Liam wrote:
The Eucharist as the real presence of Jesus Christ.
1Corinthians 5:7-8 For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Liam wrote:
Sunday worship.
I'm aware of the scripture that says that the apostles and disciples met on that one "first day of the week," but there's nothing that indicates that this became their "day of worship." I'm referring to the only verse that says as much, Acts 20:7. The only other mention of the "first day of the week," in a similar sense, is at 1Corinthians 16:2, when believers were instructed to set aside money so that Paul could collect it and send it to those in need. Other than these, there are no scriptures indicating that the day of the Sabbath had changed. Technically speaking, the "day of worship" wasn't changed until the fourth-century.
Liam wrote:
Where are they today, those who believe in the same things as the first generation Christians?
You're having a discussion with one right now.
Liam wrote:
"that they may all be one"
We are still one.
1John 2:3-6 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Liam wrote:
I'm sorry, but not everyone who stands outside and says they are part of the Church, yet denys the very word of God, couldn't possibly be included.
I don't believe our affiliation with any one denomination will matter in the end.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39431 Mar 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
I didn't know that. Well, for Christianity, they were first used in the first/second century. Kudos to the Hindu's and Buddhist for coming up with a clever idea. I'm not sure they put a patent on it though. For the illiterate Christian, it only made sense.
Actually, the so-called "Rosary" was introduced into worship and prayer circa AD 1214. It's believed, though, that so-called "prayer beads," or "boberkhas," were introduced to the world by the Hindus circa AD 456.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#39432 Mar 2, 2014
Dogen wrote:
It is obvious you are too studied and intelligent to be a JW. That goes without saying.
Thank you for the compliment, Dogen.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39434 Mar 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
Sacred tradition, as orally taught by Jesus Christ and His Apostles, is ALSO the word of God.
The pope in red shoes and counting beads too?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39435 Mar 2, 2014
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Sunday, March 2
I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day.—Prov. 8:30.
It is logical that the bond between Jehovah and Jesus became stronger as they worked together and as the Son learned to imitate his Father’s qualities.(Prov. 8:22, 23, 31) With the creation of other intelligent creatures, the Son saw how Jehovah dealt with each one, and his appreciation for God’s personality surely deepened. Even the challenge that Satan later launched against the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty gave the Son an opportunity to learn how Jehovah would exercise love, justice, wisdom, and power when He was confronted with a difficult situation. This would, in turn, no doubt have prepared Jesus to cope with the difficulties that he himself later encountered in his ministry on earth.(John 5:19) Because of his close relationship with Jehovah, the Son explained the Father in richer detail than anyone else could ever do.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
Student..... your watch towers description of Jesus Christ here is a lot different than the way I see Jesus Christ. The watch tower really belittles Jesus Christ in my opinion

I believe that Jesus does everything in conjunction with His Father, Jesus does nothing of Himself, neither does , nor WILL...nor CAN He do anything alone or separate from His Father, with the same power, and having the same will, being the same in nature , and EQUAL to each other. As John 5:19 shows

Satan a CHALLENGE for Jesus Christ...you say?? NO....this satan . did NOT give Jesus an opportunity to learn a difficult situation or to COPE .....

Jesus did NOTHING that His Father did not give Him.....HE could handle ANY situation ...He never faultered or say " oops, what do I do now!

You also said that Jesus's appreciation for God's personality DEEPENED ????

Student ......are you saying there was before... LESS appreciation? In order for it to DEEPEN as you said , there must have been LESS!??

Student....... would you mind explaining what your watch tower men meant ? Do you Know?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39436 Mar 2, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
The magi gave gifts to the child(not babe)- not to each other - and it was two years after the fact which btw was not in the dead of winter. Yahweh does not look kindly on mixing with pagans.
"Keep Christ out of Christmas!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xXQq2Ag2OyIXX&list=PL2C10 65A273660C5B
If you choose not to acknowledge Christmas....as being Jesus's Birthday..then don't .

There are a lot of Pagan in other things...Easter, the names of the week,and others that we accept .Again, this is a matter of personal choice.

I don't recall ANY Holidays that the Bible says we can celebrate.

We must be careful not to judge one another in areas where the Bible is silent.

I personally do not like the way Christmas is being commercialized , but then I don't have to join in on that , do I ??......

.I love to give, and help the ones in need, and to try to win some souls to Christ., that is how I like to celebrate Christmas.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39437 Mar 2, 2014
Student.... Does JW's believe that Jesus returned invisible in 1914 ?

Student.. Also , do you recall what your watch tower men said about all those many false dates that they made...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 654,700
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 974,087
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Peace_Warrior 618,754
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Joe Fortuna 65,130
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 7 min j4snowyfox69 47
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min HipGnosis 183,231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Neville Thompson 281,983
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr T rules 863
More from around the web