Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#39303 Feb 27, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
JW's do not do charity for the act of charity. They do it to gain converts. Gaining converts underlies all they do. They would travel across vast seas to gain one convert.
I don't know that many JW's. But a couple I know kicked drugs and other destructive ways by joining that sect, and they try with a sincere heart to follow God. It's not where they should be I know. But I think God is somehow reaching them where they are. Now, in no way shape or form is God leading them to Biblical truth. In fact, their approach to the Bible fringes on idolatry. I think their Bible has replaced God. Even worse, they installed their own interpetations of the Bible, so now its really not the "word of God" anymore. Still, God is infinite love and mercy and if they are sincere enough, He will know.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39304 Feb 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We have absolutely none of the original Books of the Bible. That means if you believe the Holy Spirit guided the authors of the Bible (as do I), then you'll be forced to admit that the Holy Spirit also had to be with the copyist who copied the Books over a 1200 yr period until the invention of the printing press.
We have the entire OT IN HEBREW that is in almost total agreement with the Dead
Sea Scrolls. You don't make sense by saying that you believe HS guided the authors, but we have none of the originals - which basically says you don't believe what is written and you can do as you please because you belong to a church and Yeshua died for your transgressions of the Law which you don't believe because we don't have original copies and yet the copies are in almost total agreement with the Dead Sea Scrolls that predate the copies by 300 years. So I would say it is you making your own interpretation or your church's.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39306 Feb 27, 2014
How many times did Messiah say "it is written" which occurs 62 times in 80 verses in the KJV So what would his church be based on? What is written, obviously. But if people who profess their belief in him do not go by what is written, then what are they going on the basis of?

Thessalonians 2:2-3

" Do not become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. "
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39307 Feb 27, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't you think that tampering with anything called Scripture would bring divine wrath?

."

So Jehovah's Witnesses, are in for some divine wrath then ! and you say that you use to be a JW,

Is this why you left? because of the JW's tampering with the scriptures??

And yes, JW.s do CHANGE the scriptures...
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39310 Feb 27, 2014
remnant of 144000 wrote:
<quoted text>
sugar
in this very late earth end development of 2nd Advent comming of Christ?
NONE OF ORGANISE CHRISTIANITY WORLDWIDE OR 38101 christian sects,plus JW organization
Don't belong to God and blessed as whole groups or churches
Rev 18;4
clear warn and call out all singles to depart from them,and escape to one high mountain ABOVE ALL UNIVERSE GREA DIVINE SPIRITUAL CHURCH OF ALL AGES IN HEAVEN
Since 1988 Church ages are end for good,
there is nowhere ,no more exist Gods Spirit in those churches worldwide(empty place reside today satan spirit,and church members worship satan not true God 2 Cor 11;13-15
Since 1990 JW organisation get apart from Gods Spirit,join worldwide 8th King abomination and desolation UNO NGO
this way organization of JW 2years later was thrown by Gods Spirit influences
you can only as save severed God through His Holy Tbernacle-GODS WORD BIBLE ON THIS EARTH,AND BE IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH THIS HEAVENLY CHURCH WHRE GOD HEAD IS JESUS CHRIST.2 THES 2;1
Not understanding what you are saying here....did you say JW's organization is THROWN OUT of God's Spirit ????
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39311 Feb 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
Don't get me wrong Jehovah's, or Bible believing Christians. You guy do great and noble things in your respective communities. There are lots of truths you have. I've seen some of the greatest acts of charity amongst non-catholic Christians. Very good and godly people are not Catholic. I've seen Jehovah's Witness get people off drugs and towards God. That a good thing!
I pray we can all somehow meet there. Theology aside, we all wanna get to Heaven. As a Catholic, I can't be clear enough: we are the victims of terrible prejudices and stereotypes. Nobody has a clue about Catholicism or what "Roman Catholicism" even means. As the great Archbishop Fulton Sheen said:
"there are but a hundred people in America who truly hate the Catholic Church. But there are millions more who hate what they THINK is the Catholic Church"
Jw 's think we are of satan.....they do not ever go to anyone to 'HELP THEM GET OFF DRUGS" They would get disfellowshipped for that from 'watch tower men" they might knock on a door to try to convert you to go to the kingdom hall and try to crab you in and say what you HAVE to do to be saved.....their RULES.

Christians means "believing Jesus Christ is our "Salvation" that Jesus died for our sins. IF we do charitable and noble things within our community , it is because "we believe Jesus
IN US is doing this work....ALL this is "God is within us" . we WANT to do good things , we want to obey the ten commandments.....it is not that we HAVE to........we are not God's robots.....we WANT to serve God. God wants us to do this because we truly LOVE Him and it is truly our CHOICE .

Here is one perspective :

http://youtu.be/xR6l87FiR_8
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39313 Feb 27, 2014
remnant of 144000 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes?
all worldwide christianicy included JW are removed from Gods Spirit
since end of church age since 1988,
there is nothing to look at their sunday masses,or KH
world christianity pervertion,lies, and abominable immoral filth together with JW,
are worldwide laud, abominable,wicked, and satanic evil?
Rev 17,18
is answer to this
and Rev 18;4
warn each single human like you,
to depart from them ASAP
read my darling one more time my posts,
IT IS THE TRUTH BASED ON BIBLE
ALL WHO ARE GODS CHOSEN,DOESN'T ATTEND ANY MORE THIS ORGANISE BABILON GREAT 2000 YEARS IMMORAL FILTH, MURDERS,GREED, POWERS,MONEY,
AND CONTROL OF SINGLE HUMAN SPIRITUALITY
GOD WILL BLESS YOU LOT MORE MY DEAR,
IF YOU REJECT GO TO CHURCH AT SUNDAY,
AND START WORSHIP BELOVED LORD AT HOME ,BY PRAYERS,READ BIBLE AND SING HYMNS TO THE LORD.
TRY THIS,
AND BELIEVE ME, YOUR FREE SUNDAY MAKES YOU MOST HAPPY PERSON THIS DAY AND WHOLE NEXT WEEK?
GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS MY DEAR
Thank you, and Blessings to you

I do this already .....I don't HAVE to go to Church to worship God...I do this at home also.
I go around singing all the time at home too...LOL !
There are many songs that give me a spiritual joy , not only gospel....

I have never been a fanatic of religion.....or to try to figure out on the technicalities of the Bible....I believe God dwells in our conscious , and we will KNOW what is right and wrong in life ....that is where God dwells and lets us know , and we are DRAWN to His calling.
Student

Mexico

#39315 Feb 27, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jehovah's Witnesses, are in for some divine wrath then ! and you say that you use to be a JW,
Is this why you left? because of the JW's tampering with the scriptures??
And yes, JW.s do CHANGE the scriptures...
Jehovah's Witness have the best traslation of the Bible. They have not changed Jehovah name to Lord over seven thousand times.

Read what I found....

“New World Translation--It Is the Best Interlinear New Testament Available"

THAT is how Dr. Jason BeDuhn describes The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. He explains:

"I have just completed teaching a course for the Religious Studies Department of Indiana University, Bloomington,[U.S.A.]... This is primarily a course in the Gospels. Your help came in the form of copies of The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures which my students used as one of the textbooks for the class. These small volumes were invaluable to the course and very popular with my students."

Why does Dr. BeDuhn use the Kingdom Interlinear translation in his college courses? He answers: "Simply put, it is the best interlinear New Testament available. I am a trained scholar of the Bible, familiar with the texts and tools in use in modern biblical studies, and, by the way, not a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses. But I know a quality publication when I see one, and your New World Bible Translation Committee has done its job well. Your interlinear English rendering is accurate and consistent to an extreme that forces the reader to come to terms with the linguistic, cultural, and conceptual gaps between the Greek-speaking world and our own. Your New World Translation is a high quality, literal translation that avoids traditional glosses in its faithfulness to the Greek. It is, in many ways, superior to the most successful translations in use today."

The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures is published by Jehovah's Witnesses to help lovers of God's Word get acquainted with the original Greek text of the Bible. It contains The New Testament in the Original Greek on the left-hand side of the page (compiled by B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort). A literal word-for-word English translation is found under the lines of Greek text. In the narrow right-hand column is the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, which allows you to compare the interlinear translation with a modern English translation of the Bible.( From the 2/1/98 Watchtower Page 32)
Student

Mexico

#39316 Feb 27, 2014
Daily Text

Friday, February 28

His days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.—Gen. 6:3.

Jehovah did not have the ark built and then decide when to bring the floodwaters, as if he needed to keep the timing of the start of the Flood flexible in case the construction project ran behind schedule. Rather, long before he said anything to Noah about building an ark, God fixed the time for the Flood to begin. How do we know that? From Jehovah’s words in today’s text. This was not a statement regarding the average human lifespan. It was a judicial decree in which Jehovah declared when he would act to cleanse the earth of ungodliness. Since the Flood began in 2370 B.C.E., we infer that God made this pronouncement in 2490 B.C.E. At that time, Noah was 480 years old.(Gen. 7:6) Some 20 years later, in the year 2470 B.C.E., Noah’s sons began to be born.(Gen. 5:32) About one hundred years remained before the Flood was to begin.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2014)
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39317 Feb 28, 2014
Yahweh keeps time much different than the world. Without this understanding it would be impossible to keep his Holy Feast Days at their appointed times

13th New Moon Watch 2014

February 27, 2014

" It looks like there is the possibility that the 13thnew moon will be visible in the western US on Saturday (March 1st) at sunset. The new moon will more likely be seen on March 2nd."

paleotimes.org
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39318 Feb 28, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witness have the best traslation of the Bible. They have not changed Jehovah name to Lord over seven thousand times.
Read what I found....
“New World Translation--It Is the Best Interlinear New Testament Available"
I don't have a problem with jw translations except that they substitute a phoney name for YHWH.

Their problem is understanding and applying what it says, which isn't any different than all the other churches and cults. Sort of like right track, wrong train.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#39319 Feb 28, 2014
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witness have the best traslation of the Bible.
That is just sick. You have the WORST "translation" of the Bible. You have a book, stolen from Catholic sources, that you have used to rewrite to inject your perverted theology into. The "translation" was done by a group of amateurs NONE of whom had any background in translation. Worst of all, you committed blasphemy by inserting a FALSE name into the text!!!

You perverts CHANGED the name of Yahweh to a word that was made up using a mistaken system. Even further you inserted jerkhova in the places where original authors (NT) choose other names. The titles WERE NEVER CHANGED in the first place. That makes the JW "translation a piece of excrement.

YOU HAVE GOT SOME NERVE calling the NW Book a Bible, much less the BEST translation of the Bible.

Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what I found....
QUOTE-MINES! You Quote Mine actual reviews TAKING ONLY WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE out of it.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> “New World Translation--It Is the Best Interlinear New Testament Available"
The NWT is NOT an Interlinear!!!! The JWs have an Interlinear available but they don't encourage anyone to read it. THE NWT DOES NOT FOLLOW the INTERLINEAR closely especially in the passages the JWs INTENTIONALLY destroyed.

You are one sick and deluded puppy. But my telling you that is exactly what you expect since you have been indoctrinated to expect that.

DO YOU WANT ***REAL*** review of the NWT? They are not hard to find.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39320 Feb 28, 2014
Dogen wrote:
The NWT is NOT an Interlinear!!!!

The JWs have an Interlinear available but they don't encourage anyone to read it.
That's true on both counts. I guess why I say I have no problem with their translations is because I still think in the NWT, am not a language scholar and so always compare verses with other translations that also have their biases. Most of the time the differences are not significant, but other times they are.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39321 Feb 28, 2014
The problem with all the NT is that all the manuscripts they follow weren't compiled until the Middle Ages - therefore we must rely on the OT for validation!
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39322 Feb 28, 2014
And so it's just as Paul said:

Acts 17:11 "Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."
Student

Mexico

#39323 Feb 28, 2014
Clearly, the New World Translation opened up a new world of understanding.

Various scholars were impressed. For example, British Bible scholar Alexander Thomson noted that the New World Translation is outstanding in accurately rendering the Greek present tense.

To illustrate: Ephesians 5:25 reads “Husbands, continue loving your wives” instead of saying merely “Husbands, love your wife.”(King James Version)“No other version appears to have exhibited this fine feature with such fulness and frequency,” said Thomson regarding the New World Translation.

Another outstanding feature of the New World Translation is its use of God’s personal name, Jehovah, in both the Hebrew and the Greek portions of the Scriptures. Since the Hebrew name for God appears nearly 7,000 times in the so-called Old Testament alone, it is clear that our Creator wants his worshipers to use his name and to know him as a person.(Exodus 34:6, 7)

The New World Translation has helped millions of people to do so.

Ever since it appeared in English, Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world longed to receive the New World Translation in their native tongue—and for good reason. In some countries, it was difficult to obtain translations in local languages because representatives of the Bible Societies distributing them were not pleased to see their stock of Bibles end up in the hands of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Moreover, such vernacular Bibles often conceal vital teachings. A typical example is a version in a southern European tongue that hides an important reference to God’s name by replacing Jesus’ words “Let your name be sanctified” with “May you be honored by people.”—Matthew 6:9.

Already in 1961, translators began rendering the English text of the New World Translation into other languages. Just two years later, the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures was completed in six additional languages. By then, 3 out of every 4 Witnesses worldwide could read this Bible in their own language. Yet, much more work had to be done if Jehovah’s Witnesses were to get a copy of this Bible into the hands of many millions of people.

In 1989 that goal came closer with the setting up of Translation Services at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. That department developed a method of translation that combined Biblical word study with computer technology. Using this system has made it possible to translate the Christian Greek Scriptures into some other languages in one year and the Hebrew Scriptures in two years—a fraction of the time normally required for a Bible translation project. Since this method was developed, 29 editions of the New World Translation have been translated from English and released in languages spoken by over two billion people. Work is now under way in 12 other languages. To date, the English New World Translation has been translated, in whole or in part, into 41 other languages.

Over 50 years have now passed since the first part of the New World Translation was released on August 3, 1950, at the Theocracy’s Increase Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New York City. On that occasion, Nathan H. Knorr urged the conventioners:“Take this translation. Read it through, a thing that will be done with enjoyment. p. 9Study it, for it will help you to better your understanding of God’s Word. Put it in the hands of others.” We encourage you to read the Bible daily, for its message can help you to “stand complete and with firm conviction in all the will of God.”—Colossians 4:12. w01 11/15 pp 7-8
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39324 Feb 28, 2014
Student wrote:
If it's such a great translation, name some other group that uses it.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39325 Feb 28, 2014
yon wrote:
And so it's just as Paul said:

Acts 17:11 "Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."
They weren't examining the church fathers(pharisees). Real students today don't study wt articles to see if the Bible is true either.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39326 Feb 28, 2014
Correction - Acts was written by Luke
lovewithin

Aurora, CO

#39329 Feb 28, 2014
Student wrote:
Various scholars were impressed. For example, British Bible scholar Alexander Thomson noted that the New World Translation is outstanding in accurately rendering the Greek present tense.
To illustrate: Ephesians 5:25 reads “Husbands, continue loving your wives” instead of saying merely “Husbands, love your wife.”(King James Version)“No other version appears to have exhibited this fine feature with such fulness and frequency,” said Thomson regarding the New World Translation.
Another outstanding feature of the New World Translation is its use of God’s personal name, Jehovah, in both the Hebrew and the Greek portions of the Scriptures. Since the Hebrew name for God appears nearly 7,000 times in the so-called Old Testament alone, it is clear that our Creator wants his worshipers to use his name and to know him as a person.(Exodus 34:6, 7)
The New World Translation has helped millions of people to do so.
Ever since it appeared in English, Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world longed to receive the New World Translation in their native tongue—and for good reason. In some countries, it was difficult to obtain translations in local languages because representatives of the Bible Societies distributing them were not pleased to see their stock of Bibles end up in the hands of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Moreover, such vernacular Bibles often conceal vital teachings. A typical example is a version in a southern European tongue that hides an important reference to God’s name by replacing Jesus’ words “Let your name be sanctified” with “May you be honored by people.”—Matthew 6:9.
Already in 1961, translators began rendering the English text of the New World Translation into other languages. Just two years later, the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures was completed in six additional languages. By then, 3 out of every 4 Witnesses worldwide could read this Bible in their own language. Yet, much more work had to be done if Jehovah’s Witnesses were to get a copy of this Bible into the hands of many millions of people.
In 1989 that goal came closer with the setting up of Translation Services at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. That department developed a method of translation that combined Biblical word study with computer technology. Using this system has made it possible to translate the Christian Greek Scriptures into some other languages in one year and the Hebrew Scriptures in two years—a fraction of the time normally required for a Bible translation project. Since this method was developed, 29 editions of the New World Translation have been translated from English and released in languages spoken by over two billion people. Work is now under way in 12 other languages. To date, the English New World Translation has been translated, in whole or in part, into 41 other languages.
Over 50 years have now passed since the first part of the New World Translation was released on August 3, 1950, at the Theocracy’s Increase Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New York City. On that occasion, Nathan H. Knorr urged the conventioners:“Take this translation. Read it through, a thing that will be done with enjoyment. p. 9Study it, for it will help you to better your understanding of God’s Word. Put it in the hands of others.” We encourage you to read the Bible daily, for its message can help you to “stand complete and with firm conviction in all the will of God.”—Colossians 4:12. w01 11/15 pp 7-8
Your book NWT is not a true bible....

this is troubling :

http://youtu.be/yOrGod_EeI0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 831,651
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 4 min MUQ2 290
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min mike 611,976
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min Al Capone 5,827
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min dollarsbill 3,746
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr oxbow 586,635
5 tips to increase your chances of conception 1 hr Squeen 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 443,012
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,367
More from around the web