Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39032 Feb 15, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
where does it say it was Jesus in different forms to different people?
1> He appeared to Thomas

2> He appeared to the Mary's as the gardener

3> Do you need more?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39033 Feb 15, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
??? who are you talking to here? see at least one what?
There is a " ' " followed by .....at the beginning of what you say you weren't quoting because you didn't directly reference the Scripture.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39034 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
1> He appeared to Thomas
2> He appeared to the Mary's as the gardener
3> Do you need more?
on the road to Emmaus referred to in Luke Chapter 24, when Jesus walked with two disciples, verse 16 says, their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him. Jesus then revealed Himself to them as their "eyes were opened." (verse 31).

Jehovah's Witnesses also claim that "He [Jesus] appeared to Mary as a gardener".[The Time is at Hand, p.128]. Jesus never appeared "as a gardener". Mary was in great grief over Jesus' death, and John 20:15 says, "She, supposing him to be the gardener.." As she turned, Mary recognized Him.

Jesus appeared to Thomas as Jesus...to touch His pierced side....Thomas then BELIEVED it was Jesus.

Jesus was Jesus .....He would not appear as anyone else .
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39035 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a " ' " followed by .....at the beginning of what you say you weren't quoting because you didn't directly reference the Scripture.
That actually is an apostrophe only before the statement. I meant to put a comma.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39036 Feb 15, 2014
Jesus said He would raise His body...and that He was "flesh and bone" not a spirit.

Notice He said Flesh and Bone........

not flesh and blood.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39037 Feb 15, 2014
(1 Cor. 15:17). Jesus makes clear, even before death, that it is his body that will be raised up. He promises to raise up the temple once it is destroyed. "He was speaking about the temple of his body" (John 2:21).

After he had risen, he gives the same testimony, "See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; feel me and see, because a spirit does not have flesh and bones just as you behold that I have.... Do you have something there to eat?"
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39038 Feb 15, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
Jesus never appeared "as a gardener". Mary was in great grief over Jesus' death, and John 20:15 says, "She, supposing him to be the gardener.." As she turned, Mary recognized Him.
Jesus appeared to Thomas as Jesus...to touch His pierced side....Thomas then BELIEVED it was Jesus..
Nobody recognized him. How do you think he got into Thomas's presence? The door was locked. He didn't just climb up the back steps. Mary didn't recognize him until he spoke. Not to mention walking on the water.

You appear to believe in the "I believe in Jesus, so I don't have to believe Scripture."

BTW - Today is Sabbath.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39039 Feb 15, 2014
Student and the demons must be loving this.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39040 Feb 15, 2014
John 20:16 "YESHUA SAID unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and said unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."

So she's having this conversation with a man who'd been beat half to death and not recognize him because of grief?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39041 Feb 15, 2014
Dubs aren't wrong about everything. It's just their hypocrisy and deliberate lying. .
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39042 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody recognized him. How do you think he got into Thomas's presence? The door was locked. He didn't just climb up the back steps. Mary didn't recognize him until he spoke. Not to mention walking on the water.
You appear to believe in the "I believe in Jesus, so I don't have to believe Scripture."
BTW - Today is Sabbath.
I have always gone to church on a Sunday, I am not positive that Saturday is the real Sabbath,.....so I just worship God everyday of the week.....I am bound to hit the right one!

I am sure Jesus could go through the doors , He does use His powers as He did when He
"Walked on the Waters" without sinking.....when He made the Blind man see, when He raised Lazareth , when Jesus did ALL His miracles, the POWER of God, was with Him.

Mary sure recognized HIM when He SPOKE...... If Jesus had appeared with the body of
thorns on His head, in the bloody robe, suffering ! would that have been better??? would they recognized Him easier?

He was CHANGED.....He was HEALED.....He showed His scars only for proof , it was HIM.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39043 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
John 20:16 "YESHUA SAID unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and said unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."

So she's having this conversation with a man who'd been beat half to death and not recognize him because of grief?
Jesus was beaten and tortured to DEATH...not Half-to-death.

read all the verses...

15Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away." 16Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, "Rabboni!" (which means, Teacher). 17Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them,'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"…

She recognized Him!
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39044 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
Dubs aren't wrong about everything. It's just their hypocrisy and deliberate lying..
are "dubs" .. JW's ??

They are wrong about everything concerning the Bible!
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39045 Feb 15, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always gone to church on a Sunday, I am not positive that Saturday is the real Sabbath,
Do you think the Messiah and Jews didn't know when the Sabbath was?

John 5:16
"And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day."
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39046 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>

Where did you ever get the idea that I don't have to believe SCRIPTURES.??
I believe in the Bible!

I believe in Jesus...BECAUSE I believe in the scriptures! of the BIBLE!
I first met Jesus from the Bible!....then I asked Jesus into my Heart.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39047 Feb 15, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the Messiah and Jews didn't know when the Sabbath was?
John 5:16
"And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day."
oh did it say it was Saturday in that scripture?
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39048 Feb 15, 2014
Yon........The Sabbath was Old testament Law.....it is very hard for you to believe that we are not under the OT laws;;;isn't it?

We are not obligated to follow the Mosaic Sabbath—resting, but are now free to follow the risen Christ—serving. The Apostle Paul said that each individual Christian should decide whether to observe a Sabbath rest,“One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind”(Romans 14:5). We are to worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday.
lovewithin

Denver, CO

#39049 Feb 15, 2014
the Sabbath was a law for the Jewish people, not for Christians.

Many Christians have met on Sunday for worship since the earliest times...... based on when Jesus rose from the dead
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39050 Feb 15, 2014
When did Messiah suggest you didn't need to follow Moses' Law?

Maybe Student can help out.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#39051 Feb 15, 2014
lovewithin wrote:
the Sabbath was a law for the Jewish people, not for Christians.
Many Christians have met on Sunday for worship since the earliest times...... based on when Jesus rose from the dead
When did Yahweh give the Law to Jews. Moses wasn't even a Jew. And where does the Bible say Christians were meeting for worship on Sunday(the first day of the week)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Just Think 673,288
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr narcissisticpresi... 981,312
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Highrolla90 445,812
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 5 hr discocrisco 1
News The First Market Test In The Trump Presidency? 5 hr discocrisco 1
News Twentynine Palms - DesertVictorville man suspec... 5 hr discocrisco 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,051
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 hr COOTERDOG 104,720
More from around the web