Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

Since: May 11

Belvedere, UK

#36853 Nov 5, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> are you talking about the Catholic Church ??
One could apply the criteria to any who profess to be "true disciple's of Christ" or any 'cult' who claim to have a hotline to the great ju-ju in the sky.

They exist for one purpose, those at the top exert power and control over the acolytes of said 'cult'.

They will tell you what you can eat, when you can eat it, who you can marry, who and how you can have sex with, what happens to your body after you die, what you must do to your newborns.

People who cannot see this deserve everything they get.

I had a man who came to clean my windows, he was a JW and I offered him a cup of tea every week and the subject invariable turned to his religion and, if only I would attend the Kingdom Hall once I would see that his was the only true faith.

When assailed with the normal and logical questions one asks regarding the origins of the religion, the failed predictions, the covered up child abuse and the shunning, he exhibited perfect cognitive dissonance. He replied with a mixture of, "I don't know anything about that, I will ask my elders(sure he will)" or "well I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like that" or "they are just disgruntled apostates with an axe to grind".

I dare say the same answers would be forthcoming from any 'religious' person.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#36854 Nov 5, 2013
Dubs allow no dissent. Any such ones are quickly exiled. Since they can't think all they can do is cut and paste and deny anything that runs contrary.

"For thus such reverence is lent
To well-established precedent."

"For men are prone to go it blind
Along the calf-paths of the mind,
And work away from sun to sun
To do what other men have done.
They follow in the beaten track,
And out and in, and forth and back,
And still their devious course pursue,
To keep the path that others do."

http://holyjoe.org/poetry/foss3.htm

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#36855 Nov 5, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Tuesday, November 5
[Do not] pay attention to false stories ... which furnish questions for research.—1 Tim. 1:4.
Paul’s warning about “false stories” is part of his first letter to Timothy, a Christian overseer who was charged with preserving the purity of the congregation and helping fellow believers to remain faithful.(1 Tim. 1:18, 19) Here Paul uses a Greek word that can refer to fiction, myth, or falsehood. According to The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, this word refers to “a (religious) story that has no connection with reality.” Perhaps Paul had in mind religious lies promoted by sensational tales or fanciful legends. Such stories only “furnish questions for research”—that is, raise frivolous questions that lead to pointless research. False stories are a ploy of the archdeceiver, Satan, who uses religious lies and godless myths to sidetrack unsuspecting ones. Paul’s counsel is clear: Do not pay attention to false stories!(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Then one should not pay any attention to Paul either. Wow. Paul debunks himself.

Location hidden

#36856 Nov 5, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
One could apply the criteria to any who profess to be "true disciple's of Christ" or any 'cult' who claim to have a hotline to the great ju-ju in the sky.
They exist for one purpose, those at the top exert power and control over the acolytes of said 'cult'.
They will tell you what you can eat, when you can eat it, who you can marry, who and how you can have sex with, what happens to your body after you die, what you must do to your newborns.
People who cannot see this deserve everything they get.
I had a man who came to clean my windows, he was a JW and I offered him a cup of tea every week and the subject invariable turned to his religion and, if only I would attend the Kingdom Hall once I would see that his was the only true faith.
When assailed with the normal and logical questions one asks regarding the origins of the religion, the failed predictions, the covered up child abuse and the shunning, he exhibited perfect cognitive dissonance. He replied with a mixture of, "I don't know anything about that, I will ask my elders(sure he will)" or "well I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like that" or "they are just disgruntled apostates with an axe to grind".
I dare say the same answers would be forthcoming from any 'religious' person.
They never have heard of anything other than propaganda. LMAO

Location hidden

#36857 Nov 5, 2013
Bible True Jehovah Laws wrote:
<quoted text>
imaginary god of yours seat only inside of your brain cells
my God is In heaven.control Universe and earth, and bless only those for who He gave His Mercy,grace and spiritual gold septer touch His children hearts-this way new heart grows to eternity and never die?
read parabolic language of Esther Book about King Aswerus who use septer made of gold to sentence or save those acording to his only own decision
bride Esther(144000) received gold septer touch on her( 144000 bride spiritual Esther to be wife of King God,figural king ancient Aswerus)
so?
what about you, do you kiss figural spiritual King of Kings aswerus His fits,or spots left from His feet?
Your God is imaginary, My God is real.

My God is better than your puny God.

Location hidden

#36861 Nov 5, 2013
awsome dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
according to your farting god inside of your poor brain ,look like cells from dark brown horse dung
Your God doesn't exist.

Try worshiping the flying spaghetti monster.

Location hidden

#36865 Nov 5, 2013
Allien from the Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
I already seat on flying spaghetti monster and fly around the earth,making inspection to find all wicked ones and mock them,or remind them that they are left behind dung sentenced and predestined to the death,
so? Bimbo Do
my God And LORD EXISTS
Your gos seat inside of your brain and only release fart fumes flow out through your long donkey ears
take easy cip cip cipek
Very good reply. Liked that one.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#36867 Nov 5, 2013
Bible True Jehovah Laws wrote:
CONTINUE MY SERIES ABOUT MONARCHICAL LEADERSHIP CHURCHES AND JW REJECTED BY BIBLE,
earlier I mention doctrines of JW originated from early RCC Fathers, Eusebiush and Clement of Rome The simple reasoning-that the presiding overseer represented Christ and that therefore whatever should be received as though it came from Christ...
It notably fails to qualify the exhortation by including the question of whether the overseer's instructions harmonized with those OR CHRIST LAW OR WERE INSTEAD, CONTRARY TO CHRIST'S INSTRUCTIONS In the latter case they deserved to be disobeyed
Even though not directly contrary they might deserve to be questioned as instructions that nonetheless went beyond what the Scripture required and therefore that could be submitted to or not as personal conscience and judgement might dictate,

THIS SELF PROCLAIMED BY CHURCHES AND JEHOVA WITNESESS AUTHORITARIAN INJUCTION WAS AN APPARENT ATTEMPT TO CLOTHE IMPERFECT HUMANS WITH HONOR THAT BELONGS ONLY TO THE PERFECT MASTER
IF ACCEPTED IN THE ABSOLUTIST FORM IN WHICH IT IS STATED, WITH THE SUBSEQUEBT SUPPRESSION OF PERSONAL JUDGEMENT,IT WOULD MAKE PERSONS TO SERVE AND BE DISCIPELS OF MAN NOT JESUS CHRIST, THEY WILL BE FOLLOWERS OF MAN,MAN LAWS,EVEN AS THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD FOREWARNED IN ACTS 20;30.

However plausible or appealing the argument,it was pernicious,the result of PERVERTED MAN THINKING, Yet virtualy the identical argument is used in much the same way and with the same effect to this modern day

A SIMMILAR CALL FOR IMPLICIT CONGREGATIONAL OBEDIENCE TO, AND REVERENTIAL RESPECT FOR, HUMAN AUTHORITY, IS FOUND IN IGNATIUS WRITINGS IN THE EARLY 2 ND CENTURY,AS HE EMPLOYS THIS ARGUMENT;
'FOR WE OUGHT TO RECEIVE EVERY ONE WHOM MASTER OF THE HOUSE SENT TO BE OVER HIS HAUSEHOLD,AS WE WOULD HIM,THAT SENT HIM IT IS MANIFEST,THEREFORE,THAT WE SHOULD LOOK UPON THE BISHOP(PRESIDING OVERSEER) EVEN AS WE WOULD UPON THE LORD HIMSELF (IGNATIUS"EPISTLE TO THE EPHESIANS"CHAPTER VI)

We can see not that JW leaders,adopted early fathers teachings about superiority and authority claiming to be direct contact with Lord Alone,and act like LORD HIMSELF

paul warn
but to be sure if spoken stories are true or false stories,
AT FIRST YOU AS FREE HUMAN HAVE RIGHT TO RESEARCH INDEPENDENTLY TO MAKE SURE IT STORIES ARE FALSE OR TRUTH, SIR?IF YOU LISTEN YOUR LEADERS,OR YOUR RESEARCH IS UNDER THEIR CONSTANT CONTROL AND SEPARATING YOU FROM ALL THOSE STORIES SAYERS,

Then it seems that top leaders of your organization blind your yeas,lead you according to their own wishes not your free conscieuess,or free independent research your daily text is again brain wash abusing Bible,and words of apostle Paul to keep you out from hearing all those stories, cult leadership mostly create fanatism,blindness,and spiritual Kool Aid killing your free spirit and your freedom Gal 5;1
If that doesn't tell it like it is !!!!
Student

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

#36868 Nov 5, 2013
Wednesday, November 6

If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man.—Jas. 3:2.

Differences and misunderstandings between fellow believers are bound to arise.(Phil. 4:2, 3) However, problems between individuals can be solved without disturbing the peace of the congregation. For example, if we realize that we may have offended someone, consider the counsel we should apply as recorded at Matthew 5:23, 24. What if we have been wronged in some small way? Should we expect the offender to come to us and apologize?“[Love] does not keep account of the injury,” states 1 Corinthians 13:5. When offended, we pursue peace by forgiving and forgetting, that is, by ‘not keeping account of the injury.’(Col. 3:13) Minor transgressions in day-to-day life are best handled in this way, for this contributes to a peaceful relationship with fellow worshippers. A wise proverb states:“It is beauty ... to pass over transgression.”—Prov. 19:11.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#36869 Nov 6, 2013
Student wrote:
Wednesday, November 6
If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man.—Jas. 3:2.
Differences and misunderstandings between fellow believers are bound to arise.(Phil. 4:2, 3) However, problems between individuals can be solved without disturbing the peace of the congregation. For example, if we realize that we may have offended someone, consider the counsel we should apply as recorded at Matthew 5:23, 24. What if we have been wronged in some small way? Should we expect the offender to come to us and apologize?“[Love] does not keep account of the injury,” states 1 Corinthians 13:5. When offended, we pursue peace by forgiving and forgetting, that is, by ‘not keeping account of the injury.’(Col. 3:13) Minor transgressions in day-to-day life are best handled in this way, for this contributes to a peaceful relationship with fellow worshippers. A wise proverb states:“It is beauty ... to pass over transgression.”—Prov. 19:11.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

Advice taken from earlier Greek writing.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#36870 Nov 6, 2013
When your head's in the sand, your tail is the target. No matter what is logical and irrefutable;e, student either ignores or denies.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#36871 Nov 6, 2013
He simply has no credibility.

Location hidden

#36875 Nov 6, 2013
Allien from Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
you got not clue about moon language and minds of Alliens from Outer Space,
also reply according to you is "good"you like it?
but this replay is AWSEMOE,UNIQUE, TRUTHFUL AND YOU SHOULD LOVE IT NOT LIKE IT?
bow your head before God,
tell God
O God! O God!
thank you so much for this special uniques privilage to read dr Shrink chosen remnant of 144000 posts, and to learn his incredible wisdom and maturity,
now take easy boy,
we are waiting for you patiently,
Whatever you say moon man.
Student

Nogales, Mexico

#36876 Nov 6, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, November 7

Keep on ... seeking first [God’s] righteousness.—Matt. 6:33.

This means putting Jehovah’s standard of what is right and what is wrong ahead of human norms.(Isa. 55:8, 9) You may recall that in the past, a number of people were involved in growing tobacco or selling tobacco products, training others in warfare, or producing and selling weapons of war. After coming to a knowledge of the truth, most chose to change their employment and qualify for baptism.(Isa. 2:4; 2 Cor. 7:1; Gal. 5:14) Jesus told his disciples:“If you have faith the size of a mustard grain, you will say to this mountain,‘Transfer from here to there,’ and it will transfer, and nothing will be impossible for you.”(Matt. 17:20) Would you be able to put God’s standards foremost if that would result in difficulties? If you are uncertain whether you could do so, speak with other members of the congregation. You will no doubt find it spiritually refreshing to hear their experiences.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36877 Nov 7, 2013
I see we have put the fear of Yahweh in Student. He does not dare to stand against true followers.

He will cower and tell himself that his overlords assure him that this is how true followers are treated and will not consider the his own poverty of understanding as culpable.

yon

Miami Beach, FL

#36881 Nov 7, 2013
jw's are duped along with the rest of Christendom. But, in all the jw meetings I have attended all over the country, not once did I ever hear the LORD'S PRAYER uttered as Messiah instructed. Humility - blah.

Location hidden

#36882 Nov 7, 2013
Allien from the Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
MOON CREATURE.
not necessary is man or women?for sure not GAY or Lesbain
also who told you this?
Whatever you say moon man.
Student

San José Del Cabo, Mexico

#36885 Nov 8, 2013
Daily Text

Friday, November 8

It is well for them that they remain even as I am.—1 Cor. 7:8.

Some assignments open to single pioneers might prove difficult for those who are married or who have children. Paul thought about the potential he observed for advancing the good news among the local congregations. He wanted all to have joy, as he did. For that reason, he spoke favorably of serving Jehovah as a single person. A single pioneer sister from the United States wrote:“Some people believe that happiness is unattainable for the unmarried. But I have seen that lasting happiness depends on a person’s friendship with Jehovah. Singleness is an amazing gift if you take advantage of it. I know that Jehovah excludes no one, single or married, from his tender affections.” She now happily serves in a land where there is a greater need for Kingdom publishers. If you are single, can you use your freedom to expand your share in teaching others the truth? You too may find singleness to be a priceless gift from Jehovah.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Student

Mexico

#36886 Nov 8, 2013
yon wrote:
jw's are duped along with the rest of Christendom. But, in all the jw meetings I have attended all over the country, not once did I ever hear the LORD'S PRAYER uttered as Messiah instructed. Humility - blah.
In giving this model prayer, Jesus did not have in mind that it be memorized by his followers and thereafter regularly repeated.

This is evident from the fact that Jesus had, on an earlier occasion, used different wording when presenting the same model prayer.(Matt. 6:9-13)

At that time he prefaced the prayer with the words:“When praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. So, do not make yourselves like them, for God your Father knows what things you are needing before ever you ask him.”(Matt. 6:7, 8)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36887 Nov 8, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
In giving this model prayer, Jesus did not have in mind that it be memorized by his followers and thereafter regularly repeated.
This is evident from the fact that Jesus had, on an earlier occasion, used different wording when presenting the same model prayer.(Matt. 6:9-13)
At that time he prefaced the prayer with the words:“When praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. So, do not make yourselves like them, for God your Father knows what things you are needing before ever you ask him.”(Matt. 6:7, 8)

He also condemned public prayer but the WBTS rationalizes whatever they want and then push it one the dubs.

Dissent is not allowed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min gundee123 4,962
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min The Doctor 70,541
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min confrinting with ... 658,523
Presidential debate: Trump criticises moderator... 15 min romaw 1
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 40 min USA-1 39,177
Who won the debate 2016 ? 44 min Truthiness 8
crossdressing on skype. (Apr '15) 1 hr RoyalKitten 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 974,679
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Blink 282,934
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 7 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web