Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36260 Sep 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:

Since the JWs believe that the “true name” of God (“Jehovah” as they assume) is essential in honoring Him, then, why would they mispronounce and mistransliterate (as the WT admits) the Tetragrammaton—YHWH?

Romans 10:13 reads (Paul here quoting from Joel 2:32):“everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved”(NWT). Ask the JW:“If “Jehovah” is not the true and correct name (as agreed by the WT), how can a JW be saved since he or she calls on the wrong name?[6]
Joel 2:32- And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”

Romans 10: 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

It still remains true, as Paul reminds us, that “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”(Rom. 10:13)

It is Jehovah whom we must love with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. He is the Almighty One who raised up Jesus Christ from the dead to life immortal.

Jehovah is therefore the one to whom our main action is directed. It is to him that we must make the dedication of ourselves to do His will, to keep His commandments.—Rom. 10:8, 9.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36261 Sep 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:

Contrary to the JW’s false and fixed notion regarding the term “Jehovah,” Jesus Christ instructed His followers

“After this manner therefore pray ye:‘Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name....’”(Matt. 6:9; KJV).
Have you ever wondered why Jesus put the ‘hallowing,’ or sanctifying, of God’s name first in this prayer?

Afterward, he mentioned other things such as the coming of God’s Kingdom, God’s will being done on earth and our sins being forgiven. The fulfillment of these other requests will ultimately mean lasting peace on earth and everlasting life for mankind.

Can you think of anything more important than that?

Nevertheless, Jesus told us to pray first of all for the sanctification of God’s name.

It was not merely by chance that Jesus taught his followers to put God’s name first in their prayers. That name was clearly of crucial importance to him, since he mentioned it repeatedly in his own prayers.

On one occasion when he was praying publicly to God, he was heard to say:“Father, glorify your name!” And God himself answered:“I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”—John 12:28, The Jerusalem Bible.

The evening before Jesus died, he was praying to God in the hearing of his disciples, and once again they heard him highlight the importance of God’s name.

He said:“I have made your name known to the men you took from the world to give me.” Later, he repeated:“I have made your name known to them and will continue to make it known.”—John 17:6, 26, JB.

Why was God’s name so important to Jesus?

Why did he show that it is important for us, too, by telling us to pray for its sanctification?

FYI.... hallowed - definition of hallowed by the Free Online Dictionary ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/hallowed
hal•lowed (h l d) adj. 1. Sanctified; consecrated: a hallowed cemetery. 2. Highly venerated; sacrosanct: our hallowed war heroes

Sanctification | Define Sanctification at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/Sanctificatio...
verb (used with object), sanc•ti•fied, sanc•ti•fy•ing. 1. to make holy; set apart as sacred; consecrate
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36262 Sep 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:

Remember, it is not merely the mispronunciation of YHWH that condemns JWs (for many Christians use the term “Jehovah”), but rather it is their denial that Jesus IS YHWH that condemns them before God (cf. John 8:24)."

http://www.christiandefense.org/Article%20on %...
So John 8:24 proves that Jesus is Jehovah? And you believe that!

Read the rest of John 8, verses :24-29
24 Therefore I said to YOU, YOU will die in YOUR sins. For if YOU do not believe that I am [he], YOU will die in YOUR sins.”
” 25 Therefore they began to say to him:“Who are you?” Jesus said to them:“Why am I even speaking to YOU at all?

***26 I have many things to speak concerning YOU and to pass judgment upon. As a matter of fact, he that sent me is true, and the very things I heard from him I am speaking in the world.”
27 They did not grasp that he was talking to them about the Father.***

28 Therefore Jesus said:“When once YOU have lifted up the Son of man, then YOU will know that I am [he], and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I always do the things pleasing to him.”

Why do you even quote the Scriptures, as you certainly do not read the book of John?

Jesus said to the Jews:“The Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.”(John 5:37, AV)

But those Jews did see Jesus’ shape and hear his voice. Also, Jesus told them that if they had believed the prophet Moses they would also have believed him; and Jesus knew from Moses’ writings that God had said to Moses up in the mountain:“Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.”(Ex. 33:20, AV)

But those Jews did see Jesus and live, which proved that Jesus was not God.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#36263 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s a lie!…………….Insight on the Scriptures vol. 2, p. 9……
Why is the divine name in its full form not in any available ancient manuscript of the Christian Greek Scriptures?

Because they are in Greek. Yahweh (YHWH) is Hebrew in origin.

The rest of what you presented represents the same circular logic. The statement that "Christians" switched out YHWH is only half true. The earliest Christians WERE Jews.

There are a number of other errors in the narrative but mostly it is a collection of moot points.

The oldest versions of the OT (dated 200 bce) used the equivalent of YHWH. So should you be called the YHWH Witness cult?

Further, Jewish sources give the pronunciation of YHWH as "Yah-weh" and state that the intonation has never been "lost" as some Christian writers claim.

So, you like to quote lies that you do not check against objective sources. Does that not make you, at least, guilty of aiding and abetting liars?

Remember, your cult has, IN PRINT, told the watchtowerites to LIE in COURT and has claimed that secular authorities don't have the right to know their business or adjudicate their affairs.

How can such a Satanic cult be trusted in ANY way after doing things like that?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36264 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have these magazines but I do know that the apostle Matthew wrote the book of Matthew in his native language, which was Hebrew.

Matthew was not written by Matthew. Attribution was a common way to write books back then. None of the gospels were written by the people they were attributed to. They appear to have all been written in Greek as they show no indications of having been translated, save for quotes from the Torah, Tanakh, Talmud and deuterocanonical books.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36265 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It still remains true, as Paul reminds us, that “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”(Rom. 10:13)

Paul neither ever hear of "Jehovah" much less made claims about calling upon that word.

Being a good Jew he would have used Adonai or one of the many other "pronouns" for YHWH.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36266 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever wondered why Jesus put the ‘hallowing,’ or sanctifying, of God’s name first in this prayer?

Out of respect for his father YHWH who's very name is considered to be holy.

Jesus actually left out the actual name as all good Jew's would have done.

Do you really know NOTHING of Biblical history?

Are you completely dependent upon the lies and blasphemies of the Watchtower cult?

Are you morbidly afraid to examine the truth for yourself and not through the blackened lenses the cult?

YHWH gave you a brain. I recommend using it.

YHWH commanded you not to lie. I recommend following that command rather than lying as the Watchtower (Satan) commands you to do.

Just friendly suggestions.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36267 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
So John 8:24 proves that Jesus is Jehovah? And you believe that!
Read the rest of John 8, verses :24-29
24 Therefore I said to YOU, YOU will die in YOUR sins. For if YOU do not believe that I am [he], YOU will die in YOUR sins.”
” 25 Therefore they began to say to him:“Who are you?” Jesus said to them:“Why am I even speaking to YOU at all?
***26 I have many things to speak concerning YOU and to pass judgment upon. As a matter of fact, he that sent me is true, and the very things I heard from him I am speaking in the world.”
27 They did not grasp that he was talking to them about the Father.***
28 Therefore Jesus said:“When once YOU have lifted up the Son of man, then YOU will know that I am [he], and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I always do the things pleasing to him.”
Why do you even quote the Scriptures, as you certainly do not read the book of John?
Jesus said to the Jews:“The Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.”(John 5:37, AV)
But those Jews did see Jesus’ shape and hear his voice. Also, Jesus told them that if they had believed the prophet Moses they would also have believed him; and Jesus knew from Moses’ writings that God had said to Moses up in the mountain:“Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.”(Ex. 33:20, AV)
But those Jews did see Jesus and live, which proved that Jesus was not God.

This is an insane rant. Did you not read my post? Why don't you understand what I was saying.

Your response has nothing to do with anything.

Please try to pay better attention in the future.

Check my references for further information/clarification.

If you don't understand then just ask.

BTW, here is a better translation.

John 8:24-29 NASB
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that [a]I am He, you will die in your sins.” 25 So they were saying to Him,“Who are You?” Jesus said to them,“[b]What have I been saying to you from the beginning? 26 I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.” 27 They did not realize that He had been speaking to them about the Father. 28 So Jesus said,“When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that [c]I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me; He [d]has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.”

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36268 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel 2:32- And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”
It is Jehovah whom we must love with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. He is the Almighty One who raised up Jesus Christ from the dead to life immortal.
Jehovah is therefore the one to whom our main action is directed. It is to him that we must make the dedication of ourselves to do His will, to keep His commandments.—Rom. 10:8, 9.

And you seem to want to "cherry pick" my posts and not read them and reply to them as a whole.

Why is that?

Who taught you this dishonest tactic?
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36269 Sep 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have demonstrated, this is a gross lie. Disfellowship for the Watchtower cult involves cutting off dissent even when it is reasonable and not biblically clear.
The Watchtower cult uses Disfellowship as a weapon to keep the partially sighted away from the blind.
It does not matter if disfellowship (which is not mentioned in the bible and misunderstood by JW) is reasonably biblical. What matters is the gross misuse by the watchtower cult to manipulate and control.
It keeps Jehovah’s holy name clear of reproach and protects the fine reputation of his people.(1 Peter 1:14-16)
Since "Jehovah" is not mentioned in 1 Pet, nor in any other accurate translation of the NT, I cannot take that seriously.
Second, JWs have a very poor reputation among real Christians. They have a history of lying, distorting the bible, protecting child molesters, siding with Hitler, defaming other Churches, rejecting and rewriting scripture. They are not saved.
The Watchtowerites (to separate the flock from the leadership wolves) simply do not know what their leaders are really doing and are not aware of the real motives of the cult.
<quoted text>
The Watchtower is not interested in actual spiritual cleanness. It is only concerned about what it has to deal with.
Innocent girl gets molested multiple times and is disfellowshipped for reporting to the legal authorities.
Molesters (All JWs) remain in good standing and in leadership positions within the cult.
Enough said.
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? WERE YOU DISFELLOWSHIPPED?
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36273 Sep 4, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, September 5

God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.—Rom. 5:8.

Think of one fact there mentioned:“We were yet sinners.” All need to know how that came to be so. Paul outlined the matter, starting with this point:“Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.”(Rom. 5:12) We are in a position to understand this because God had a record made of how human life began. Jehovah created two humans, Adam and Eve. The Creator is perfect, and so were those first humans, our ancestors. God gave them but one limiting directive and informed them that disobeying that law would bring a death sentence.(Gen. 2:17) However, they chose to act ruinously, violating God’s reasonable directive, thus rejecting him as Lawgiver and Sovereign.—Deut. 32:4, 5.(Examinig the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36274 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? WERE YOU DISFELLOWSHIPPED?

No.

I have never been a Nazi either, that does not mean I don't know about their practices.

If you want to combat evil you have to know your enemy. I know more about JWism than 99% of JWs.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have demonstrated, this is a gross lie. Disfellowship for the Watchtower cult involves cutting off dissent even when it is reasonable and not biblically clear.
The Watchtower cult uses Disfellowship as a weapon to keep the partially sighted away from the blind.
It does not matter if disfellowship (which is not mentioned in the bible and misunderstood by JW) is reasonably biblical. What matters is the gross misuse by the watchtower cult to manipulate and control.
It keeps Jehovah’s holy name clear of reproach and protects the fine reputation of his people.(1 Peter 1:14-16)
Since "Jehovah" is not mentioned in 1 Pet, nor in any other accurate translation of the NT, I cannot take that seriously.
Second, JWs have a very poor reputation among real Christians. They have a history of lying, distorting the bible, protecting child molesters, siding with Hitler, defaming other Churches, rejecting and rewriting scripture. They are not saved.
The Watchtowerites (to separate the flock from the leadership wolves) simply do not know what their leaders are really doing and are not aware of the real motives of the cult.
<quoted text>
The Watchtower is not interested in actual spiritual cleanness. It is only concerned about what it has to deal with.
Innocent girl gets molested multiple times and is disfellowshipped for reporting to the legal authorities.
Molesters (All JWs) remain in good standing and in leadership positions within the cult.
Enough said.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36275 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, September 5
God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.—Rom. 5:8.
Think of one fact there mentioned:“We were yet sinners.” All need to know how that came to be so. Paul outlined the matter, starting with this point:“Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.”(Rom. 5:12) We are in a position to understand this because God had a record made of how human life began. Jehovah created two humans, Adam and Eve. The Creator is perfect, and so were those first humans, our ancestors. God gave them but one limiting directive and informed them that disobeying that law would bring a death sentence.(Gen. 2:17) However, they chose to act ruinously, violating God’s reasonable directive, thus rejecting him as Lawgiver and Sovereign.—Deut. 32:4, 5.(Examinig the Scriptures Daily 2013)

What this indicates is that Paul did not understand the OT very well.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36276 Sep 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem to want to "cherry pick" my posts and not read them and reply to them as a whole.
Why is that?
Who taught you this dishonest tactic?
This is exactlywhat you posted. Now who is dishonest?
Dogen wrote:

Since the JWs believe that the “true name” of God (“Jehovah” as they assume) is essential in honoring Him, then, why would they mispronounce and mistransliterate (as the WT admits) the Tetragrammaton—YHWH?

Romans 10:13 reads (Paul here quoting from Joel 2:32):“everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved”(NWT). Ask the JW:“If “Jehovah” is not the true and correct name (as agreed by the WT), how can a JW be saved since he or she calls on the wrong name?[6]

It still remains true, as Paul reminds us, that “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”(Rom. 10:13) It is Jehovah whom we must love with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. He is the Almighty One who raised up Jesus Christ from the dead to life immortal. Jehovah is therefore the one to whom our main action is directed. It is to him that we must make the dedication of ourselves to do His will, to keep His commandments.—Rom. 10:8, 9.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36278 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>

You are. Have you not noticed how you have to lie? I simply picked the wrong post to reply to. You know you are a cherry picker and a liar. You lie when you imply you have read my post when you have not. You lie when you imply you have looked at my link when you know you are not allowed to. You lie when you suggest you are brave when you are a full time coward.

And there is no such thing as a "jehovah".
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#36279 Sep 4, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It still remains true, as Paul reminds us, that “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”(Rom. 10:13) It is Jehovah whom we must love with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. He is the Almighty One who raised up Jesus Christ from the dead to life immortal. Jehovah is therefore the one to whom our main action is directed. It is to him that we must make the dedication of ourselves to do His will, to keep His commandments.—Rom. 10:8, 9.
FRENNY
you are blind and deaf to understand Bible,
your bablings never going to be fulfilled,only your leaders very soon,just dissapear like fog with money stolen from JW past 130 years?

so? hell-eternal death and inhalation is waiting for you
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#36284 Sep 5, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew was not written by Matthew. Attribution was a common way to write books back then. None of the gospels were written by the people they were attributed to. They appear to have all been written in Greek as they show no indications of having been translated, save for quotes from the Torah, Tanakh, Talmud and deuterocanonical books.
dear friends you should all go on the website:www.new world order and read through it very carefully,all of it, you will be shocked the catholic church is part of it and look at the US$ note it has the sign of a pyramid on it (they want to start a new world order (one world Government) this has to do with the 3 666

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36285 Sep 5, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> dear friends you should all go on the website:www.new world order and read through it very carefully,all of it, you will be shocked the catholic church is part of it and look at the US$ note it has the sign of a pyramid on it (they want to start a new world order (one world Government) this has to do with the 3 666

LOL. One of the oldest conspiracy theories out there.

You want to find 666? Investigate the Jehovah's witness cult. There you will find true evil.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36286 Sep 5, 2013
Daily Text

Friday, September 6

Violent witnesses rise up; what I have not known they ask me.—Ps. 35:11.

True to this prophecy,“the chief priests and the entire Sanhedrin were looking for false witness against Jesus in order to put him to death.”(Matt. 26:59) In fact,“many, indeed, were giving false witness against him, but their testimonies were not in agreement.”(Mark 14:56) Lying testimony mattered little to Jesus’ rabid enemies, who sought his death. At dawn on Nisan 14, the entire Sanhedrin met, had Jesus bound, and handed him over to Roman Governor Pontius Pilate. He questioned Jesus and found him guilty of nothing at all. When Pilate offered to release Jesus, however, the crowd shouted:“Impale him!” and called for the freeing of the criminal Barabbas. Wishing to satisfy the throng, Pilate released Barabbas, had Jesus whipped, and handed him over to be impaled.—Mark 15:1-15.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36291 Sep 6, 2013
How Can You Choose a good religion?

Are All Religions Good?

We live in a world of staggering religions diversity. One recent survey identified 19 major faiths and some 10,000 smaller religions worldwide. This variety offers people unprecedented religious choice. So does it matter which religion you choose?

Some people say that different religious are like different road leading up a mountain. To them, it does not matter which road they choose, since all roads lead to the same place. They reason that there is only one Almighty God, so all religions must ultimately lead to him.

Do All Roads Lead to God?

What did Jesus Christ, one of the most respected religious teachers in history, say on this subject?“Enter through the narrow gate,” he told his disciples. Why?“For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only few find it.”--Matthew 7:13, 14, The Holy Bible--New International Version.

Was Jesus really saying that some religions lead “to destruction”? Or was he teaching that only unbelievers are on the broad road, whereas those who believe in God-no matter what their religion-are on the narrow road that leads to life?

Immediately after stating that there are only two roads, Jesus said:“Be careful of false prophets. They come to you looking gentle like sheep, but they are really dangerous like wolves.”(Matthew 7:15, New Century Version) Lather he said:“Not everyone who calls me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do what my Father in heaven wants them to do.”(Matthew 7:21, Today’s English Version) If someone is called a prophet or claims that Jesus is his “Lord,” it is reasonable to say that he is a religious person, not an unbeliever. Clearly, then, Jesus was warning that not all religions are good and not all religious teachers should be trusted.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO IDENTIFY THE NARROW ROAD?

Since not all roads lead to God, how can you find among the thousands of options the narrow road that leads to life? Consider this illustration: Imagine that you are lost in a big city. You decide to ask for help. One person confidently tells you to go east. Another urges you to head west. Yet another suggests that you choose whatever direction feels best to you. Finally, a fellow traveler takes out a reliable map and shows you the correct route. He then gives you the map so that you can refer to it along the way. Would you not feel more confident of reaching your destination?

So, too, when it comes to choosing the right religious road, we need a reliable spiritual road map. Does one exist? Yes, it does. That map is the Bible, which declares:“All scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”--2 Timothy 3:16, King James Version.

You likely have available in your language a translation of the Bible that you can use as a spiritual road map. The publishers of the journal, Jehovah’s Witnesses, produce a reliable Bible translation known as the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. However, if you are not one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, you may prefer to use other translations when considering the subject of identifying good and bad religion. Therefore, this series of articles quotes from a number of Bible translations that are widely respected by other religious denominations.

As you read the following articles, compare what you know with what the Bible says. Keep in mind Jesus’ words regarding how we can distinguish good religion from bad. He said:“A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.”(Matthew 7:17, 18, Contemporary English Version”)

Consider just three of the good fruits that the Bible says would identify the “good tree.”

Cont...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Joe Fortuna 93,231
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Catcher1 979,603
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Gods r Delusions ... 668,216
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Sky Writer 31 183,752
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 56 min USA-1 39,228
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min Brian_G 286,152
--- Pres TRUMP Opening Door to ANTICHRIST, TRIB... 2 hr Truthiness 4
More from around the web