“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#36174 Aug 29, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, August 29
It is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you.—Matt. 10:20.
Paul knew well the importance of God’s holy spirit when it comes to speaking the truth. He even entreated the congregation in Ephesus to make supplication for him that “ability to speak” might be given him.(Eph. 6:18-20) Not only did holy spirit enable Paul to speak but, at times, it forbade him to speak in certain localities. As he embarked on his missionary journeys, Paul was guided by God’s spirit.(Acts 13:2; 16:6-10) Jehovah still guides the preaching work by means of his spirit. Like Paul, all of Jehovah’s obedient servants strive to declare the truth with boldness and zeal. Even though God’s direction is not as obvious today as it was in Paul’s time, we can be sure that Jehovah is using his holy spirit to make sure that deserving ones hear the truth.—John 6:44 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

I guess Watchtower cult members are not considered deserving.

Please look up the scriptures you cite. Notice they don't support your contentions?

That is because your cult has lied to you. They have Dup'ed you into believing whatever they say even though the scripture does not actually support it.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36176 Aug 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Watchtower cult members are not considered deserving.
Please look up the scriptures you cite. Notice they don't support your contentions?
That is because your cult has lied to you. They have Dup'ed you into believing whatever they say even though the scripture does not actually support it.
To acquire spiritual strength and the ability to face the future as an integrity-keeper, a Christian must have a good knowledge of God’s Word.

By means of the Scriptures, our loving heavenly Father has given us an indispensable guide to happy living and an incomparable source of spiritual strength. God’s Son certainly appreciated the life-sustaining value of his Father’s Word, as can be seen by his quoting it and saying in answer to one of Satan’s temptations:“It is written,‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth.’”(Matt. 4:4)

We cannot expect God miraculously to grant us knowledge of the Bible. In order to have a good grasp of God’s Word, we have to expend time and effort in studying the Bible and meditating on what we learn from it.

Due to human imperfection, very few of us have a so-called ‘photographic memory’ that might enable us to remember everything we study. But if we have made a serious effort in studying the Bible, we can rely on Jehovah’s spirit to bring to our mind Scriptural thoughts that will provide the guidance and encouragement needed to face various trials and the information required to defend our faith.

Jesus assured his disciples:“When they deliver you up, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak; for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour; for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you.”(Matt. 10:19, 20)

God’s modern-day servants in different parts of the world have endured long, hard trials of faith. These Christians, who have triumphed over trials, are just ordinary men and women like all of us. But their complete reliance on God has enabled them to endure tremendous hardships. Indeed,‘the power beyond what is normal is God’s and not that out of themselves.’(2 Cor. 4:7) w80 8/1 p. 10

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36182 Aug 29, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
To acquire spiritual strength and the ability to face the future as an integrity-keeper, a Christian must have a good knowledge of God’s Word.

And since JW's don't understand the Bible because the deceiver has put a cloak over their eyes they have no integrity.

Well, that fits, I must admit. That is how it is so easy for me to refute every bit of Satanic nonsense you post.

You flail around now and then, but you cannot thing outside of your master the Watchtower (aka Satan).

You are given over to cultic beliefs and are lost.

By means of the WATCHTOWER, our HATING Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has given us an indispensable guide to deluded living and an incomparable source of evil. The WATCHTOWER certainly appreciated the EVIL-sustaining value of his Satan's lies, as can be seen by their quoting it and saying in answer to one of Yahwah’s gifts:“It is written,‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every LIE coming forth through SATAN’s mouth.’”(WATCHTOWER EVIL 4:4)
We cannot expect SATAN miraculously to grant us knowledge of the Bible. In order to have a good grasp of God’s Word, we have to expend time and effort in studying the Bible and meditating on what we learn from it, which we WATCHTOWER cult members REFUSE to do.

Who SUPPORTED HITLER?
Who PROTECTS child molesters?
Who commits FALSE PROPHECY?
Who rewrites the Bible?
Who practices cult indoctrination and does it so well they have been studied by the CIA?(allegedly, that is one I don't have firm proof of).
Who publishes Satanic imagery?
Who TEACHES their dubs to LIE IN COURT?

Answers:
Watchtower
Watchtower
Watchtower
Watchtower
Watchtower
Watchtower
Watchtower
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36187 Aug 30, 2013
Daily Text

Friday, August 30

He who has anointed us is God.—2 Cor. 1:21.

Those invited to be in the new covenant were to be anointed with holy spirit. Faithful Jews and then Gentiles were included.(Eph. 3:5, 6) What were the prospects of those in the new covenant? They would receive true forgiveness of their sins. Jehovah had promised:“I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more.”(Jer. 31:34) With their sins legally canceled, they would be in a position to become “a kingdom of priests.” Addressing anointed Christians, Peter wrote:“You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies’ of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”(1 Pet. 2:9) Peter here quotes Jehovah’s words to Israel when introducing the Law and applies them to Christians in the new covenant.—Ex. 19:5, 6 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36188 Aug 30, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Friday, August 30
He who has anointed us is God.—2 Cor. 1:21.
Those invited to be in the new covenant were to be anointed with holy spirit.

Dubs are not included in that anointing. Your salvation is only as good as your works.

I participate fully in that anointing.

I am a king! I am a son of the most high. I exist in heaven this very moment.

Student

Oregon City, OR

#36190 Aug 30, 2013
Daily Text

Saturday, August 31

Take exquisite delight in Jehovah ... Roll upon Jehovah your way, and rely upon him.—Ps. 37:4, 5.

If you are a faithful Christian living in a religiously divided household, do not give up. Remember that “Jehovah will not desert his people for the sake of his great name.”(1 Sam. 12:22) He is with you as long as you cling to him.(2 Chron. 15:2)“Persevere in prayer,” and have faith that our loving heavenly Father can help you to endure hardships of all kinds.(Rom. 12:12) Petition Jehovah for his holy spirit to help you promote peace in the home.(Heb. 12:14) Yes, it is possible to foster peaceful conditions that may eventually touch the heart of unbelieving family members. You will experience happiness and peace of heart and mind as you “do all things for God’s glory.”(1 Cor. 10:31) In these endeavors, how heartening it is to know that you have the loving support of your brothers and sisters in the Christian congregation!(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36196 Aug 30, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, August 31
Take exquisite delight in Jehovah ... Roll upon Jehovah your way, and rely upon him.—Ps. 37:4, 5.
If you are a faithful Christian living in a religiously divided household, do not give up. Remember that “Jehovah will not desert his people for the sake of his great name.”(1 Sam. 12:22) He is with you as long as you cling to him.(2 Chron. 15:2)“Persevere in prayer,” and have faith that our loving heavenly Father can help you to endure hardships of all kinds.(Rom. 12:12) Petition Jehovah for his holy spirit to help you promote peace in the home.(Heb. 12:14) Yes, it is possible to foster peaceful conditions that may eventually touch the heart of unbelieving family members. You will experience happiness and peace of heart and mind as you “do all things for God’s glory.”(1 Cor. 10:31) In these endeavors, how heartening it is to know that you have the loving support of your brothers and sisters in the Christian congregation!(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

The newest book of the OT was written at least 1500 years before an uneducated Spanish monk invented the word jehovah.

Ergo the word does not exist in the OT.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36197 Aug 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The newest book of the OT was written at least 1500 years before an uneducated Spanish monk invented the word jehovah.
Ergo the word does not exist in the OT.
Neither does the name Yehwah exist in th Hebrew Scriptures.

In the second half of the first millennium C.E., Jewish scholars introduced a system of points to represent the missing vowels in the consonantal Hebrew text. When it came to God’s name, instead of inserting the proper vowel signs for it, they put other vowel signs to remind the reader that he should say Adhonai (meaning “Sovereign Lord”) or Elohim (meaning “God”).
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36206 Aug 31, 2013
Daily Text

Sunday, September 1

The one who loves God should be loving his brother also.—1 John 4:21.

How can we cultivate self-sacrificing love for our brothers? By deepening our love for God.(Eph. 5:1, 2; 1 John 4:9-11, 20) The intimate moments we spend with Jehovah in Bible reading, meditation, and prayer nourish our hearts and nurture our love for our heavenly Father. However, we need to buy out time to draw close to God. To illustrate: Imagine that it was possible to read God’s Word, meditate on it, and pray to Jehovah only during a certain hour each day. Would you not jealously guard that time slot so that nothing interfered with your personal time with Jehovah? Of course, no one can restrict our access to God in prayer, and most of us can read the Bible whenever we want to. Yet, we may need to take measures to prevent the whirlwind of daily activities from infringing on our personal time with God. Do you buy out as much time as possible each day to draw close to Jehovah?(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36209 Sep 1, 2013
Monday, September 2

How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear?—Hab. 1:2.

We may at times feel like the prophet Habakkuk, who cried out to Jehovah for justice, not understanding why Jehovah had allowed certain unfair things to happen.(Hab. 1:3) How important it is for us to imitate the faith of that prophet, who said:“Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah himself; I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.”(Hab. 3:18) Like Jeremiah of old, if we keep “a waiting attitude” with full faith in Jehovah, the God of justice, we can be confident that all things will be rectified at the right time.(Lam. 3:19-24) We live in exciting times. Wonderful events are happening now and more lie just ahead. May each one of us keep pace with Jehovah’s organization. Let us heed the Scriptural counsel to look forward and not to look at the things behind. We will thereby prove that we do “remember the wife of Lot”!—Luke 17:32. w12 3/15 4:19, 20 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36213 Sep 2, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does the name Yehwah exist in th Hebrew Scriptures.

YHWH certainly does exist in the Hebrew Scriptures you ignorant moron.\
Student wrote:
<quoted text> In the second half of the first millennium C.E., Jewish scholars introduced a system of points to represent the missing vowels in the consonantal Hebrew text. When it came to God’s name, instead of inserting the proper vowel signs for it, they put other vowel signs to remind the reader that he should say Adhonai (meaning “Sovereign Lord”) or Elohim (meaning “God”).

And this is the fundamental misunderstanding that lead to the coining of the term 'jehovha'.

We have come full circle with you losing every battle.

Watchtowerism is refuted as are all the other mind control pseudochristian cults out there.

It is a given that ever cult out there has the EXACT RIGHT answer to everything..... except they don't any more than the cult of the watchtower does.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36214 Sep 2, 2013
Student wrote:
Monday, September 2
How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear?—Hab. 1:2.

[Note to any passers by. The word jerkhovah (or whatever) does not exist in ANCIENT Christian manuscript prior to the 11th century.

It is a word that was confabulated by a Spanish Priest who did not understand how Hebrew was written nor the history of interpretation. Ironically, a FEW ignorant people today still use this refuted anachronism, even ones (like the JW) who admit that it is wrong.]

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36215 Sep 2, 2013
What is wrong with the jebhoba witness cult.

1. 1 Timothy 2:5

The Watchtower cult REJECTS this (and really every other) scripture and accepts the (Satanic) Watchtower Cult in the place of Jesus as the mediator. Only the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have direct access to the truth. Only they can ultimately interpret scripture correctly.

2. John 14:16-17 John 14:6 and 1 John 2:27

It a Watchtower cult member has the spirit with him and understands scripture correctly and follows that understanding and refuses to recant it he/she will be DISFELLOWSHIPPED! Following the the spirit Yahweh sent has been the grounds for Disfellowshipping (fancy word for excommunication) from the Jehovah witness cult. In other words, if you follow spirit of truth AND the scripture you WILL be disfellowshipped. No exceptions.

3. John 6:53

The JWs reject this truth outright. They OPENLY reject taking the blood and body of Jesus Christ in open defilement of Jesus' own wish.

4. The JW ADMIT in their OWN BIBLE and in the WATCHTOWER that 'Yahweh' is more correct than Jehovah, YET REFUSE to clean up their act and CONTINUE to insist that cult members use the term jehovah.(Note: Romans 10:2,3)

5. The WATCHTOWER DEMANDS 100% adherence to their doctrine. See Jude 22.
You WILL be excommunicated, shunned and disfellowshipped if you fail to comply.

Read more at http://www.jwstruggle.com/2010/10/top-ten-thi...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36216 Sep 2, 2013
Daily Text

Tuesday, September 3

Keep ready.—Luke 12:40.

To be in a state of readiness for Christ’s coming, families must be careful not to get sidetracked from matters pertaining to true worship. They need to be on guard against being turned aside by distractions. Consider what Jesus said about keeping our eye “simple.”(Matt. 6:22, 23) Just as a lamp can illuminate our path and allow us to walk without falling, what we take in through our figurative ‘eyes of the heart’ can enlighten us, helping us to conduct ourselves without stumbling.(Eph. 1:18) For a literal eye to see clearly, it must function properly and be able to focus on what it is looking at. It is no different with the eyes of the heart. Having a simple figurative eye means that we are single-minded in purpose. Rather than leading a life that is centered on material things and being consumed with taking care of only the physical needs of the family, we keep our eye focused on spiritual matters.—Matt. 6:33.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36217 Sep 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
YHWH certainly does exist in the Hebrew Scriptures you ignorant moron.\
<quoted text>
And this is the fundamental misunderstanding that lead to the coining of the term 'jehovha'.
We have come full circle with you losing every battle.
Watchtowerism is refuted as are all the other mind control pseudochristian cults out there.
It is a given that ever cult out there has the EXACT RIGHT answer to everything..... except they don't any more than the cult of the watchtower does.
Ya right YHWH does NOT = Yehwah

In the original Hebrew language of the Bible God’s name appears in Tetragrammaton form (&#1497;&#1492;&#1 493;&#1492;); the Tetragrammaton being defined as:“The Hebrew word written JHVH (or JHWH, YHVH, YHWH), representing, without vowels, the ‘ineffable name’ of God,. . . commonly transliterated in English as ‘Jehovah.’”—The American College Dictionary, page 1252.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36218 Sep 2, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>Ya right YHWH does NOT = Yehwah
In the original Hebrew language of the Bible God’s name appears in Tetragrammaton form (&#1497;&#1492;&#1 493;&#1492;); the Tetragrammaton being defined as:“The Hebrew word written JHVH (or JHWH, YHVH, YHWH), representing, without vowels, the ‘ineffable name’ of God,. . . commonly transliterated in English as ‘Jehovah.’”—The American College Dictionary, page 1252.

Try reading the introduction to your own bible.

Are you stupid or a liar?

I suspect a lot of both.

Really,..... a DICTIONARY!!!! LOL.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36219 Sep 2, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>Ya right YHWH does NOT = Yehwah

YHWH, in fact, is pronounced Yah-weh.

There is no 'J' in Hebrew.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36221 Sep 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
[Note to any passers by. The word jerkhovah (or whatever) does not exist in ANCIENT Christian manuscript prior to the 11th century.
It is a word that was confabulated by a Spanish Priest who did not understand how Hebrew was written nor the history of interpretation. Ironically, a FEW ignorant people today still use this refuted anachronism, even ones (like the JW) who admit that it is wrong.]
Which form of the divine name is correct—Jehovah or Yahweh?

No human today can be certain how it was originally pronounced in Hebrew. Why not? Biblical Hebrew was originally written with only consonants, no vowels.

When the language was in everyday use, readers easily provided the proper vowels. In time, however, the Jews came to have the superstitious idea that it was wrong to say God’s personal name out loud, so they used substitute expressions.

Centuries later, Jewish scholars developed a system of points by which to indicate which vowels to use when reading ancient Hebrew, but they put the vowels for the substitute expressions around the four consonants representing the divine name. Thus the original pronunciation of the divine name was lost.

Many scholars favor the spelling “Yahweh,” BUT IT IS UNCERTAIN and there is not agreement among them.

On the other hand,“Jehovah” is the form of the name that is most readily recognized, because it has been used in English for centuries and preserves, equally with other forms, the four consonants of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton.

J. B. Rotherham, in The Emphasised Bible, used the form Yahweh throughout the Hebrew Scriptures. However, later in his Studies in the Psalms he used the form “Jehovah.”

He explained:“JEHOVAH—The employment of this English form of the Memorial name . . . in the present version of the Psalter does not arise from any misgiving as to the more correct pronunciation, as being Yahwéh; but solely from practical evidence personally selected of the desirability of keeping in touch with the public ear and eye in a matter of this kind, in which the principal thing is the easy recognition of the Divine name intended.”—(London, 1911), p. 29.(RS p, 195, 196)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36222 Sep 3, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text> YAHWEH vs jerkoba

You are like a chess player that makes the same opening blunder in every game, never learning from your mistake.

" While inclining to view the pronunciation “Yah.weh” as the more correct way, we have retained the form “Jehovah” because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century. Moreover, it preserves, equally with other forms, the four letters of the tetragrammaton JHVH (NWT, 1950 ed., Foreword, p. 25 [note: This admission was removed from the 1961, 1970, 1984 editions of the NWT]).

The WT acknowledges that most Hebrew scholars prefer “Yahweh” as the true pronunciation:

Yes, many Bible scholars acknowledge that “Yahweh” more nearly represents the Hebrew pronunciation of the Divine Name (WT,[3] July 15, 1964, p. 423).

Hebrew scholars generally favor “Yahweh” as the most likely pronunciation (Aid To Bible Understanding, 1971, 885).

“Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the Divine name, although “Yahweh” is favored by most Hebrew scholars (Insight on the Scriptures, 1988, vol. 2, p. 5).

The WT acknowledges that the pronunciation “Jehovah” was originally a “blunder”:

As to the Old Testament name of God, certainly the spelling and pronunciation “Jehovah” were originally a blunder (The Bible in Living English, 1972, p.7).

The first recorded use of this form [Jehovah] dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish [Roman Catholic] monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270 C.E.(Aid To Bible Understanding, 1971, p. 884-5).

The WT acknowledges that there is no NT Greek manuscript that contains “the divine name”:

One of the remarkable facts, not only about the extent manuscripts of the original Greek text, but

of many versions, ancient and modern, is the absence of the Divine name (NWT, 1950 ed., Foreword, p. 10; the same quote is found in the Awake magazine, 1957, January 8, 25).

no ancient Greek manuscript that we possess today of the books from Matthew to Revelation contains God’s name in full (The Divine Name That Will Endure Forever, 1984, p. 23).

Note: the manuscript evidence indicates that the NT was written in Greek, not Hebrew or Aramaic—thus, the Hebrew Tetragrammaton is not found in any NT manuscript. When citing passages from the OT, the NT authors used kurios (“Lord”) to translate YHWH. As well, the LXX used kurios to translate the Tetragrammaton.

*+*+*+*+*+
Since the JWs believe that the “true name” of God (“Jehovah” as they assume) is essential in honoring Him, then, why would they mispronounce and mistransliterate (as the WT admits) the Tetragrammaton—YHWH?

Romans 10:13 reads (Paul here quoting from Joel 2:32):“everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved”(NWT). Ask the JW:“If “Jehovah” is not the true and correct name (as agreed by the WT), how can a JW be saved since he or she calls on the wrong name?[6]

Contrary to the JW’s false and fixed notion regarding the term “Jehovah,” Jesus Christ instructed His followers

“After this manner therefore pray ye:‘Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name....’”(Matt. 6:9; KJV).

Remember, it is not merely the mispronunciation of YHWH that condemns JWs (for many Christians use the term “Jehovah”), but rather it is their denial that Jesus IS YHWH that condemns them before God (cf. John 8:24)."

http://www.christiandefense.org/Article%20on%...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36223 Sep 3, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand,“Jehovah” is the form of the name that is most readily recognized, because it has been used in English for centuries

This is out of date.'jeboboe'(whatever) is no longer in common use as the vast majority of the population knows the more correct (as admitted by the JW) form 'Yahweh'.

Telling us what term was in vogue OVER 100 years ago tells us nothing about what is used today.

Automobiles (aka Cars) were still called horseless carriages back then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min truth 612,174
Rajkot gay Topix 12 min ketan 87
Convert a Blu-ray disc to enjoy it on a phone o... 13 min Goly 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min BenAdam 838,117
Free ATM Placements - New ATM Machine For Sale ... 37 min brandythompson 1
The Racism List: For Adult Actresses and Adult ... 47 min Humhainna 2
NBA Robert - Horry Greeted Curry 58 min carolinechen 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lost In Transition 176,904
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 271,325
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr USA Born 589,982
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Jac 99,835
More from around the web