Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#36143 Aug 26, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> missionary man you have never read the Bible or studied it at any time

Actually, Missionary Man is correct on most of the points. There are a few where he has poor information or that his views about Jesus and the Bible are better are "better", but most of the information provided is right.

JWism can hold its own on its antitrinitarian position as well as te deity of Jesus. They can do this because they accept the modern scholarship which demonstrates those points are not original Christian concepts.

As to the rest, it is true. The JW cult worships the Watchtower which distorts the meaning of the Bible to their own ends.

Missionary Man wrote:
Dear Friends,
Close scrutiny of the Jehovah's Witnesses doctrinal position on such subjects as the Deity of Jesus, Salvation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, the Atonement, etc., shows beyond a doubt that they do not hold to orthodox Christian positions on these subjects. Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the highest created being. This contradicts many Scriptures which clearly declare Jesus to be God (John 1:1,14; 8:58; 10:30). Jehovah's Witnesses believe salvation is obtained by a combination of faith, good works, and obedience. This contradicts countless Scriptures which declare salvation to be received by faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Jehovah's Witnesses reject the Trinity, believing Jesus to be a created being and the Holy Spirit to essentially be the power of God. Jehovah's Witnesses hold to a ransom theory of the atonement, in which Jesus' death paid only for what mankind lost when Adam sinned - namely, the right to perfect life on earth. Thus, they believe in a faith + works arrangement, where sin and death are freely atoned for by Christ, but physical perfection is attained through personal effort, coupled with faith in Christ.
How do the Jehovah's Witnesses justify these unbiblical doctrines?(1) They claim that the church has, over the centuries, corrupted the Bible, and (2) They have re-translated the Bible in what they call the New World Translation. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society altered the text of the Bible to make it fit their false doctrine – rather than basing their doctrine on what the Bible teaches. The New World Translation has gone through numerous editions, as the Jehovah's Witnesses discover more and more Scriptures that contradict their doctrines.
Jehovah's Witnesses are readily shown to be a cult that is only loosely based upon Scripture. The Watchtower bases its beliefs and doctrines on the original and expanded teachings of Charles Taze Russell, Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford, and their successors. The Governing Body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the only body in the cult that claims authority to interpret Scripture. In other words, what the Governing Body says concerning any Scriptural passage is viewed as the last word, and independent thinking is strongly discouraged. This is in direct opposition of Paul's admonition to Timothy (and to us as well) to study to show yourself approved of God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of God. This admonition, found in 2 Timothy 2:15, is a clear instruction from God to each of His individual children in the Body of Christ to be like the Berean Christians and search the Scriptures daily to see if the things they are being taught line up with what His Word has to say on the subject.
There is probably no religious group that is more faithful than the Jehovah's Witnesses at getting their message out. Unfortunately, the message is full of distortions, deceptions, and false doctrine. May God open the eyes of the Jehovah's Witnesses to the truth of the Gospel and the true teaching of God's Word.
Blessings,
Missionary Man
Source: gotquestions.org

Since: Aug 13

albuquerque

#36145 Aug 26, 2013
Wow oh wow
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36148 Aug 26, 2013
Daily Text

Monday, August 26

Abraham ... came to be called “Jehovah’s friend.”—Jas. 2:23.

Abraham was a man who “put faith in Jehovah.” In fact, he is called “the father of all those having faith.”(Gen. 15:6; Rom. 4:11) In faith, Abraham left his home, his friends, and his possessions to go to a distant land.(Gen. 12:1-4; Heb. 11:8-10) Abraham’s faith was still strong many years later. This was evident when he “as good as offered up Isaac” his son in obedience to Jehovah’s command.(Heb. 11:17-19) Abraham demonstrated faith in Jehovah’s promises, so God viewed him as special; he really knew Abraham.(Gen. 18:19) Jehovah was not merely aware of Abraham’s existence; he cherished Abraham as a friend. It is noteworthy that Abraham did not during his lifetime receive the inheritance of the land promised to him. Yet, he maintained strong faith in Jehovah and lived his life in harmony with that faith.(Heb. 11:13) Are we known by Jehovah as having faith similar to Abraham’s?(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36149 Aug 26, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> if you truly study the Bible you will be shoched, and you will see the truth

I have. Hence my conclusions.

My information comes from objective sources. Not what is filtered through the lying cult.

I invite you to read back through my posts and see for yourself.

If you can argue with any of it I am willing to listen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36150 Aug 26, 2013
taz3381 wrote:
Wow oh wow

Tell me about it.

Like I said, they are not the largest cult out there, nor the most dangerous, but when they start harboring child molesters I start noticing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36151 Aug 26, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Monday, August 26
Abraham ... came to be called “Jehovah’s friend.”—Jas. 2:23.
Abraham was a man who “put faith in Jehovah.”

I ask you again,.... what is a jehovah? Hows comes this Jenuine autaintic name o' God did not exist before 1100? & hows comes dem reals smarts collage types professers don'ts used thats word? Eh, boy? I is talkin at you!

How's cans jerkhova be the actuals personals name o God if hes always esexited ands yours name was a mistake o translatin'.

Seems a somesones a ben learnin you wrong, boy.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36153 Aug 26, 2013
Recall Notice

The Maker of all human beings (JEHOVAH GOD) is recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart. This is due to a malfunction in the original prototype units, code named “Adam” and “Eve,” resulting in the reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units. This defect has been technically termed "Sub-sequential Internal Non-Morality," or more commonly known as S.I.N., as it is primarily expressed.

Some of the symptoms include:...
1. Loss of direction
2. Foul vocal emissions
3. Amnesia of origin
4. Lack of peace and joy
5. Selfish or violent behavior
6. Depression or confusion in the mental component
7. Fearfulness
8. Idolatry
9. Rebellion

The manufacturer, Jehovah God, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and service free of charge to correct this defect.

The Repair Technician, Jesus, has most generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of these repairs. There is no additional fee required.

The number to call for repair in all areas is: P-R-A-Y-E-R. Once connected, please upload your burden of SIN through the REPENTANCE procedure. Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair Technician, Jesus, into the heart component.

No matter how big or small the SIN defect is, Jehovah God will replace it with:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Long suffering
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faith
8. Mildness
9. Self control

Please see the operating manual, the B.I.B.L.E. for further details on the use of these fixes.

WARNING: Continuing to operate the human being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties, exposing the unit to danger and problems too numerous to list and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded. For free emergency service, call on Jehovah, through Jesus.

DANGER: The human being units not responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped into everlasting destruction. The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter paradise so as to prevent contamination of that facility.

Thank you for your attention.

God

P.S. Please assist where possible by notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may contact the Father any time by “pray mail,” through his son, Jesus.

Sorry can't remember where I found this...
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36154 Aug 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you again,.... what is a jehovah? Hows comes this Jenuine autaintic name o' God did not exist before 1100? & hows comes dem reals smarts collage types professers don'ts used thats word? Eh, boy? I is talkin at you!
How's cans jerkhova be the actuals personals name o God if hes always esexited ands yours name was a mistake o translatin'.
Karaite Jews, as proponents of the rendering Jehovah, state that although the original pronunciation of &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93;&#1492; has been obscured by disuse of the spoken name according to oral Rabbinic law, well-established English transliterations of other Hebrew personal names are accepted in normal usage, such as Joshua, Isaiah or Jesus, for which the original pronunciations may be unknown

They also point out that "the English form Jehovah is quite simply an Anglicized form of Yehovah," and preserves the four Hebrew consonants "YHVH" (with the introduction of the "J" sound in English) Some argue that Jehovah is preferable to Yahweh, based on their conclusion that the Tetragrammaton was likely tri-syllabic originally, and that modern forms should therefore also have three syllables.( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah )

“Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the divine name. Jah is a poetic shortened form of Jehovah.(Ex. 15:1, 2)

Jah occurs 50 times in the Hebrew Scriptures, 26 times alone, and 24 times in the expression “Hallelujah,” which is, literally, a command to a number of people to “praise Jah.” However, the presence of “Jah” in the original is completely ignored by certain popular versions.(Dy, Mo, RS) The King James Version and An American Translation have it only once, as “Jah” and “Yah” respectively.(Ps 68:4)

In the Christian Greek Scriptures “Jah” appears four times in the expression Hallelujah.(Re 19:1, 3, 4, 6)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36155 Aug 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Usage in English Bible translations

The following versions of the Bible render the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah either exclusively or in selected verses:

William Tyndale, in his 1530 translation of the first five books of the English Bible, at Exodus 6:3 renders the divine name as Iehovah. In his foreword to this edition he wrote: "Iehovah is God's name... Moreover, as oft as thou seeist LORD in great letters (except there be any error in the printing) it is in Hebrew Iehovah."

The Great Bible (1539) renders Jehovah in Psalm 33:12 and Psalm 83:18.

The Geneva Bible (1560) translates the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Jeremiah 16:21, and Jeremiah 32:18.

In the Bishop's Bible (1568), the word Jehovah occurs in Exodus 6:3 and Psalm 83:18.

The Authorized King James Version (1611) renders Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4, and three times in compound place names at Genesis 22:14, Exodus 17:15 and Judges 6:24.

Webster's Bible Translation (1833) by Noah Webster, a revision of the King James Bible, contains the form Jehovah in all cases where it appears in the original King James Version, as well as another seven times in Isaiah 51:21, Jeremiah 16:21; 23:6; 32:18; 33:16, Amos 5:8, and Micah 4:13.

Young's Literal Translation by Robert Young (1862, 1898) renders the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah 6,831 times.

In the Emphatic Diaglott (1864) a translation of the New Testament by Benjamin Wilson, the name Jehovah appears eighteen times.

The English Revised Version (1885) renders the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah where it appears in the King James Version, and another eight times in Exodus 6:2,6–8, Psalm 68:20, Isaiah 49:14, Jeremiah 16:21, and Habakkuk 3:19.

Cont...

Student

Oregon City, OR

#36156 Aug 27, 2013
Cont...

The following versions of the Bible render the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah either exclusively or in selected verses:

The Darby Bible (1890) by John Nelson Darby renders the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah 6,810 times.

The Five Pauline Epistles, A New Translation (1900) by William Gunion Rutherford uses the name Jehovah six times in the Book of Romans.

The American Standard Version (1901) renders the Tetragrammaton as Je-ho’vah in 6,823 places in the Old Testament.

The Modern Reader's Bible (1914) by Richard Moulton uses Jehovah in Exodus 6:2–9, Exodus 22:14, Psalm 68:4, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4 and Jeremiah 16:20.

The Holy Scriptures (1936, 1951), Hebrew Publishing Company, revised by Alexander Harkavy, a Hebrew Bible translation in English, contains the form Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, and Isaiah 12:2.

The New English Bible (1970) published by Oxford University Press uses Jehovah in Exodus 3:15 and 6:3, and in four place names at Genesis 22:14, Exodus 17:15, Judges 6:24 and Ezekiel 48:35.[101]

The Living Bible (1971) by Kenneth N. Taylor, published by Tyndale House Publishers, Illinois, uses Jehovah extensively, as in the 1901 American Standard Version, on which it is based.

In the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (1961, 1984) published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Jehovah appears 7,210 times, comprising 6,973 instances in the Old Testament, and 237 times in the New Testament—including 70 of the 78 times where the New Testament quotes an Old Testament passage containing the Tetragrammaton,[102] where the Tetragrammaton does not appear in any extant Greek manuscript.( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah )

The Bible in Living English (1972) by Steven T. Byington, published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, renders the word Jehovah throughout the Old Testament over 6,800 times.
Green's Literal Translation (1985) by Jay P. Green, Sr., renders the Tetragrammaton as "Jehovah" 6,866 times.
The American King James Version (1999) by Michael Engelbrite renders Jehovah in all the places where it appears in the original King James Version.
The Recovery Version (1999) renders the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah throughout the Old Testament 6,841 times.
The Original Aramaic Bible in Plain English (2010) by David Bauscher, a self-published English translation of the New Testament, from the Aramaic of The Peshitta New Testament with a translation of the ancient Aramaic Peshitta version of Psalms & Proverbs, contains the word "JEHOVAH" over 200 times in the New Testament, where the Peshitta itself does not.
The Divine Name King James Bible (2011), the Bible translators replaced the capitalized GOD and LORD with the English translation “Jehovah” in 6,972 places.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36159 Aug 27, 2013
Student wrote:
Recall Notice
The Maker of all human beings (JEHOVAH GOD)

There is no actual God with that name.

http://www.jwfind.net/Ruky/blog/2013-4/3007

It is not funny except to the people who can distort the Bible into believing nonsensical things.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36160 Aug 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Karaite Jews, as proponents of the rendering Jehovah, state that although the original pronunciation of ....
Previously refuted.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> In the Christian Greek Scriptures “Jah” appears four times in the expression Hallelujah.(Re 19:1, 3, 4, 6)

Incorrect again.

That is 'halleluya'. No Jah!

Is NOTHING your brainwashing overlords tell you true? How can they be wrong on everything? It seems impossible, yet here we are again with you mindlessly regurgitating nonsense that you should never have put in your mouth to begin with!

The Watchtower cult is the archetypal AntiChristian, false prophesying, Satan inspired false Christians that Jesus, et. al. warned us would come.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36161 Aug 27, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Usage in English Bible translations
William Tyndale, in his 1530 translation of the first five books of the English Bible, at Exodus 6:3 renders the divine name as Iehovah. In his foreword to this edition he wrote: "Iehovah is God's name... Moreover, as oft as thou seeist LORD in great letters (except there be any error in the printing) it is in Hebrew Iehovah."
The Great Bible (1539) renders Jehovah in Psalm 33:12 and Psalm 83:18.
The Geneva Bible (1560) translates the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Jeremiah 16:21, and Jeremiah 32:18.
In the Bishop's Bible (1568), the word Jehovah occurs in Exodus 6:3 and Psalm 83:18.
The Authorized King James Version (1611) renders Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4, and three times in compound place names at Genesis 22:14, Exodus 17:15 and Judges 6:24.
Webster's Bible Translation (1833) by Noah Webster, a revision of the King James Bible, contains the form Jehovah in all cases where it appears in the original King James Version, as well as another seven times in Isaiah 51:21, Jeremiah 16:21; 23:6; 32:18; 33:16, Amos 5:8, and Micah 4:13.
Young's Literal Translation by Robert Young (1862, 1898) renders the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah 6,831 times.
In the Emphatic Diaglott (1864) a translation of the New Testament by Benjamin Wilson, the name Jehovah appears eighteen times.
The English Revised Version (1885) renders the Tetragrammaton as Jehovah where it appears in the King James Version, and another eight times in Exodus 6:2,6–8, Psalm 68:20, Isaiah 49:14, Jeremiah 16:21, and Habakkuk 3:19.
Cont...

Again missing the point. No one doubts there are a lot of bad translations out there (especially old ones).

The ERROR occurred in around 1100 a.d. and did not become WIDELY known as an error till recently. But it is well known enough that the erroneous "jehovah" has virtually died out save for the JW cult.

And it would not be an issue except for STUPID dubs INSISTING that there is ANY VALIDITY or MERIT to "jehovah". Educated people today use 'Yahweh' nearly universally.

Again 'J'(Ja or Jah sound) did not exist in Hebrew.

But, since one of my points is that JWs will rationalize any lie they are fed PLEASE continue making my point for me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36162 Aug 27, 2013
Student wrote:
In the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (1961, 1984)

There is really no such thing as a New World TRANSLATION of the Bible. The translation was NOT done by the JW's. The JW's mearly took it (since it is pd) and inserted their own theology into it and changed the name. That is not an honest translation.

[Note: NONE of the people on the translation committee of the NWT knew Greek or Hebrew nearly well enough to translate it from original source documents. They DID hire a consultant who was fluent in those languages and he recommended a number of corrections to the committees draft. They accepted none of them as they went against their personal beliefs.]

Is this the sort of organization you want to receive religious teaching from?

This is the level of putrid dishonesty the Watchtower operates form. More than one former member of the 'Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses' has left the organization because they could no longer stand the lies.

Read Raymond Franz - Crisis of Conscience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_of_Consci...

THEN read: 30 Years a Watchtower Slave: The Confessions of a Converted Jehovah's Witness by William Schnell.

"At first, the Watchtower Society seemed harmless to William J. Schnell, even valuable as a way to develop his faith in God and pass it on to others. This book is Schnell's fascinating account of his involvement with the cult, which effectively enticed him in the 1920s and continues to lure countless individuals today. Readers will learn, as Schnell did, that the Jehovah's Witness religion he had joined was anything but innocent. For thirty years he was enslaved by one of the most totalitarian religions of our day, and his story of finally becoming free is riveting.
Readers will be alerted to the inner machinations, methods, and doctrines of the Watchtower Society, arming them to forewarn others and witness to their Jehovah's Witness friends, relatives, neighbors, and the stranger at the door. With more than 300,000 copies sold, 30 Years a Watchtower Slave is truly one of the classic testimonies of freedom from a powerful cult."

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36163 Aug 27, 2013
"Franz claimed that many Jehovah's Witnesses who choose to leave because they cannot "honestly agree with all the organization's teachings or policies" are subsequently disfellowshipped, or formally expelled, and shunned as "apostates". He wrote that he hoped his book might prompt Witnesses to consider the conscientious stand of defectors with a more open mind. He hoped that a discussion of deliberations and decisions of the Governing Body during his term would illustrate fundamental problems and serious issues within the organization: "They demonstrate the extremes to which 'loyalty to an organization' can lead, how it is that basically kind, well-intentioned persons can be led to make decisions and take actions that are both unkind and unjust, even cruel."

Student

Oregon City, OR

#36165 Aug 28, 2013
Daily Text

Wednesday, August 28

Happy are you whenever men hate you.—Luke 6:22.

Although none of Jesus’ apostles were cowards, they all struggled with fear of man.(Mark 14:50, 66-72) How did Jesus help them to progress despite intense pressure from their peers? Jesus took steps to prepare his disciples for the opposition they would later face.(Mark 10:29, 30; Luke 12:4-12) We too need to assist Bible students to overcome fear of man. A challenge is often easier to face when it is anticipated.(John 15:19) For instance, why not help the student to prepare simple, reasonable, Bible-based replies to the questions and objections his fellow employees and others may bring up? In addition, we can introduce him to other members of the congregation, especially those with whom he might have something in common. Above all, we should teach him to pray regularly and from the heart. This can help him to draw close to God and make Jehovah his Refuge and Rock.—Ps. 94:21-23; Jas. 4:8.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36166 Aug 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
"Franz claimed that many Jehovah's Witnesses who choose to leave because they cannot "honestly agree with all the organization's teachings or policies" are subsequently disfellowshipped, or formally expelled, and shunned as "apostates". He wrote that he hoped his book might prompt Witnesses to consider the conscientious stand of defectors with a more open mind. He hoped that a discussion of deliberations and decisions of the Governing Body during his term would illustrate fundamental problems and serious issues within the organization: "They demonstrate the extremes to which 'loyalty to an organization' can lead, how it is that basically kind, well-intentioned persons can be led to make decisions and take actions that are both unkind and unjust, even cruel."
What is accomplished by disfellowshipping?

It keeps Jehovah’s holy name clear of reproach and protects the fine reputation of his people.(1 Peter 1:14-16) Removing an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation upholds God’s standards and preserves the congregation’s spiritual cleanness.

At times, we are called upon to withdraw our fellowship from one who has been a member of the congregation. This situation arises when an individual who unrepentantly violates God’s law is disfellowshipped or when one rejects the faith by teaching false doctrine or by disassociating himself from the congregation.

God’s Word plainly tells us to “quit mixing in company” with such ones.(1 Corinthians 5:11-13; 2 John 9-11) It may be a real challenge to avoid someone who had perhaps been a friend or who is related to us. Will we take a firm stand, thereby showing that we put loyalty to Jehovah and his righteous laws above all else? Remember that Jehovah places a high value on loyalty and obedience.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36167 Aug 28, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Wednesday, August 28
Happy are you whenever men hate you.—Luke 6:22.

Typical Watchtower cult dishonesty. They behave like they are from Satan but claim they are of God.

Is it wrong, according to the Bible, to reject false prophets?

Is it wrong, according to the Bible, to reject false teachers?

Is it wrong, according to the Bible, to reject followers of Satan?

The Bible is talking to the followers of Jesus. Not to the madeupname witnesses who reject the teachings of Jesus, reject the spirit and reject Yahweh!

Your blame is not the death of innocents. That is on your cult.
Your blame is not the protection of rapists, molesters and other perverts; that is on your cult.
Your blame is not the fabrication of false doctrines and misleading teachings; that is on your cult.
Your blame is not adding and removing things from the Bible to suit yourself; that is on your cult.

Your blame is not examining their teachings, what is known about them, and searching for Yahweh's truth. That is on you.

You have failed yourself and Yahweh.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36168 Aug 28, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
What is accomplished by disfellowshipping?

WHO is being disfellowshipped?

Should a young woman be disfellowshipped for reporting she had been molested several times before she came of age and then reporting it to the authorities afterward?
A 19 y/o woman was disfellowshipped for reporting her molestation.

Should the men (plural) who molested her be disfellowshipped?
The men who molested her were NOT disfellowshipped?

Should a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses be disfellowshipped for pointing out the cult lied about several things and has rewritten it own history, whitewashing out the sins of the past?
This has happened twice.

Should a member of the cult be disfellowshipped for deciding they no longer agree with the cults spiritual path and decides to join a different Church?
This has happened too many times to count.
Read 1 Corinthians 5 and SEE FOR YOURSELF this is NOT how the early Christian community behaved.

There is NOTHING about Shunning in the Bible. Only breaking off associations.

The Watchtower 2013 Jan 1 p.16 even denies family communication by email, stating; "Do not look for excuses to associate with a disfellowshipped family member, for example, through e-mail." Interestingly, whilst the translation into most languages is the same, the Spanish edition extends this to "email, phone or text messaging."
Student wrote:
<quoted text> It keeps Jehovah’s holy name clear of reproach and protects the fine reputation of his people.(1 Peter 1:14-16) Removing an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation upholds God’s standards and preserves the congregation’s spiritual cleanness.

Romans 3:23

Read the rest of Failed Students cut and paste and SEE for yourself the unbiblical LIED that are supported in it.

READ THE ACTUAL VERSES cited as SEE that they are lying when they make up what they say about disfellowship.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> At times, we are called upon to withdraw our fellowship from one who has been a member of the congregation. This situation arises when an individual who unrepentantly violates God’s law is disfellowshipped or when one rejects the faith by teaching false doctrine or by disassociating himself from the congregation.
God’s Word plainly tells us to “quit mixing in company” with such ones.(1 Corinthians 5:11-13; 2 John 9-11) It may be a real challenge to avoid someone who had perhaps been a friend or who is related to us. Will we take a firm stand, thereby showing that we put loyalty to Jehovah and his righteous laws above all else? Remember that Jehovah places a high value on loyalty and obedience.

GROUND FOR DISFELLOWSHIP NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE

disagreeing with Watchtower doctrine
blood transfusion
smoking
reporting criminal acts within the organization (which according to the JW are under the purview of the elders).

disfellowshipped are told that whilst disfellowshipped they are condemned to everlasting destruction

What Did Jesus Do?
Matthew 18:15-17
Matthew 9:11

And Paul?
2 Thessalonians 3:15

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 &#147;"But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, while God judges those outside? &#147;Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.&#148;&#148 ;"

1 Corinthians does not say to totally shun a brother who is a wrong doer, rather it says to &#145;quit mixing in company&#146; with such a person and &#145;not eat with&#146; such a man and hence refers to socialising as friends.

----------
JW's are apostates to the true Church.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36172 Aug 28, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, August 29

It is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you.—Matt. 10:20.

Paul knew well the importance of God’s holy spirit when it comes to speaking the truth. He even entreated the congregation in Ephesus to make supplication for him that “ability to speak” might be given him.(Eph. 6:18-20) Not only did holy spirit enable Paul to speak but, at times, it forbade him to speak in certain localities. As he embarked on his missionary journeys, Paul was guided by God’s spirit.(Acts 13:2; 16:6-10) Jehovah still guides the preaching work by means of his spirit. Like Paul, all of Jehovah’s obedient servants strive to declare the truth with boldness and zeal. Even though God’s direction is not as obvious today as it was in Paul’s time, we can be sure that Jehovah is using his holy spirit to make sure that deserving ones hear the truth.—John 6:44 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Hukt on Fonix 879,834
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 8,246
The Christian Atheist debate 20 min too lazy to log in 3,904
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 36 min Cholan87 17
Ever give your boss head? 37 min diamond aardvark 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 59 min andet1987 6,401
Why almost every man cheats? (Oct '07) 1 hr nightwalker 174
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr KayMarie 603,311
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web