Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#36071 Aug 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the 144,000 all Jews? Answer from the Scriptures…
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.”—Gal. 3:28, 29.
“He is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code.”—Rom. 2:28, 29.

The 144k represent the 12 tribes of Israel. It is not talking about Christians but about the specific tribes. Gal. 3:28-29 is talking metaphorically, not literally.

Piecemeal understanding does not work. It all has to fit together.

The Watchtower cult controls its message via Biblical vivisection. No serious religious scholars or theologians take the cult serious for this reason: they cannot put together a coherent view of the Bible that makes sense. JW theology is like taking a masterpiece and cutting it up and making a meaningless collage out of the pieces.

It's not even an aesthetically pleasing collage.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36073 Aug 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text> Throughout the book of Deuteronomy, Moses stresses that fear of God should be a guiding principle in the lives of His servants.

So if followers of Zeus feared him they would be doing well?

By no means! You worship a false god with a made up name. How foolish!
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
—Deuteronomy 4:10; 6:13, 24; 8:6; 13:4; 31:12, 13.
Deuteronomy 4:10-
the day that you stood before Jehovah your God in Horeb, when Jehovah said

There is no such thing as a jestover (or whatever). How can something that does not exist speak? What a joke. You are such a dupe.

The fear of YAHWEH is the beginning of wisdom. PSALMS 111:10

If you are going to cut & paste b.s. answers from a cult website you need to at least find something on topic.

You are such a blessing to Satan. You help him keep his kingdom alive.

Face it kid, you are going to have to come up to my level, if you can, because I am not going down to yours. I have been there. It is ugly.

I am now free. For all your cutting and pasting of off topic scripture you are still in prison.

Student

Oregon City, OR

#36074 Aug 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The 144k represent the 12 tribes of Israel. It is not talking about Christians but about the specific tribes. Gal. 3:28-29 is talking metaphorically, not literally.
Piecemeal understanding does not work. It all has to fit together.
The Watchtower cult controls its message via Biblical vivisection. No serious religious scholars or theologians take the cult serious for this reason: they cannot put together a coherent view of the Bible that makes sense. JW theology is like taking a masterpiece and cutting it up and making a meaningless collage out of the pieces.
It's not even an aesthetically pleasing collage.
And you think you know the Scriptures!

Rev. 7:4:“I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel.”

But in the verses that follow, mention is made of “the tribe of Levi” and “the tribe of Joseph.”

These were not included in lists of the 12 tribes of natural Israel.

Interestingly, while it is said that people would be “sealed out of every tribe,” the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned.

Compare Numbers 1:4-16
4 “And some men should be with YOU, one man to a tribe; each is a head to the house of his fathers.

5 And these are the names of the men who will stand with YOU: Of Reuben, Elizur the son of Shedeur;

6 of Simeon, Shelumiel the son of Zurishaddai;

7 of Judah, Nahshon the son of Amminadab;

8 of Issachar, Nethanel the son of Zuar;

9 of Zebulun, Eliab the son of Helon;

10 of the sons of Joseph: of Ephraim, Elishama the son of Ammihud; of Manasseh, Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur;

11 of Benjamin, Abidan the son of Gideoni;

12 of Dan, Ahiezer the son of Ammishaddai;

13 of Asher, Pagiel the son of Ochran;

14 of Gad, Eliasaph the son of Deuel;

15 of Naphtali, Ahira the son of Enan.

16 These are the ones called of the assembly, the chieftains of the tribes of their fathers. They are the heads of the thousands of Israel.”

Reference must here be made to the spiritual Israel of God, to those whom Revelation 14:1-3 shows will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.

Galatians 6:16- speaks of the Israel of God.“And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.”

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36075 Aug 20, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think you know the Scriptures!
Rev. 7:4:“I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel.”
But in the verses that follow, mention is made of “the tribe of Levi” and “the tribe of Joseph.”
These were not included in lists of the 12 tribes of natural Israel.
Interestingly, while it is said that people would be “sealed out of every tribe,” the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned.
Compare Numbers 1:4-16
4 “And some men should be with YOU, one man to a tribe; each is a head to the house of his fathers.
5 And these are the names of the men who will stand with YOU: Of Reuben, Elizur the son of Shedeur;
6 of Simeon, Shelumiel the son of Zurishaddai;
7 of Judah, Nahshon the son of Amminadab;
8 of Issachar, Nethanel the son of Zuar;
9 of Zebulun, Eliab the son of Helon;
10 of the sons of Joseph: of Ephraim, Elishama the son of Ammihud; of Manasseh, Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur;
11 of Benjamin, Abidan the son of Gideoni;
12 of Dan, Ahiezer the son of Ammishaddai;
13 of Asher, Pagiel the son of Ochran;
14 of Gad, Eliasaph the son of Deuel;
15 of Naphtali, Ahira the son of Enan.
16 These are the ones called of the assembly, the chieftains of the tribes of their fathers. They are the heads of the thousands of Israel.”
Reference must here be made to the spiritual Israel of God, to those whom Revelation 14:1-3 shows will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.
Galatians 6:16- speaks of the Israel of God.“And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.”

[sigh]
[bangs head against desk]

" when the tribe of Levi is considered among the twelve tribes, the Joseph tribes are counted as one. However, when Levi is not mentioned, the Joseph tribes are counted separately as Manasseh and Ephraim. For the same duodecimal considerations, Simeon is counted as a tribe even after having been absorbed into Judah, and Manasseh even after having split in tw, is considered one."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

PLEASE read something outside of the WT propaganda. Can't you see how stupid you are? They TOOK your brain and you aren't even a tad upset!
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36077 Aug 20, 2013
According to the Scriptures...

The ISRAEL OF GOD, in Galatians 6:16 are the 12 tribes that are in Revelation 7:4

The prophet Hosea foretold that God, in rejecting the nation of natural Israel in favor of this spiritual nation, which includes Gentiles, would say “to those not my people:‘You are my people.’”

(Ho 2:23- And I shall certainly sow her like seed for me in the earth, and I will show mercy to her who was not shown mercy, and I will say to those not my people:“You are my people”; and they, for their part, will say:“[You are] my God.”’”

Ro 9:22-25-
22-If, now, God, although having the will to demonstrate his wrath and to make his power known, tolerated with much long-suffering vessels of wrath made fit for destruction,
23- in order that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory,
24- namely, us, whom he called not only from among Jews but also from among nations,[what of it]?
25- It is as he says also in Hosea:“Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’)

In due time the Kingdom of God was taken away from the nation of natural Jews and given to a spiritual nation bringing forth Kingdom fruitage.

(Mt 21:43-This is why I say to YOU, The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU and be given to a nation producing its fruits.)

The apostles and others who received holy spirit at Pentecost in 33 C.E.(about 120), those added on that day (about 3,000), and those that later increased the number to about 5,000 were all Jews and proselytes.(Ac 1:13-15; 2:41; 4:4)

But even at that, they were, as Isaiah described them,“a mere remnant” saved out of that cast-off nation.(Isa 10:21, 22; Ro 9:27)

Natural Israel failed to produce the required number, so God “turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name”(Ac 15:14), concerning whom it was said,“You were once not a people, but are now God’s people.”(1Pe 2:10)

The apostle Peter quoted what had been said to natural Israel and applied it to this spiritual Israel of God, saying it is in reality “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.”

(Ex 19:5, 6-
And now if YOU will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then YOU will certainly become my special property out of all [other] peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. 6 And YOU yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the sons of Israel.”

1Pe 2:9-
But YOU are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that YOU should declare abroad the excellencies” of the one that called YOU out of darkness into his wonderful light.)

The 12 tribes mentioned in Revelation chapter 7 must refer to this spiritual Israel for several valid reasons. The listing does not match that of natural Israel at Numbers chapter 1.

Also Jerusalem’s temple and priesthood and all the tribal records of natural Israel were permanently destroyed, lost forever, long before John had his vision in 96 C.E. But more important, John received his vision upon a background of the aforementioned developments from and after Pentecost 33 C.E.

In the light of such events, John’s vision of those standing on the heavenly Mount Zion with the Lamb (whom natural Israel had rejected) revealed the number of this spiritual Israel of God to be 144,000 “bought from among mankind.” It1 p.1234

(Re 14:1, 4-
And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.
4-These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36078 Aug 20, 2013
I assume all this is your way of telling me that you and your cult lost again and you are attempting to obscure that fact.

Face it kid, you are not in the same league with me.

As for me and my house, we will follow Yahweh.

Student wrote:
According to the Scriptures...
The ISRAEL OF GOD, in Galatians 6:16 are the 12 tribes that are in Revelation 7:4
The prophet Hosea foretold that God, in rejecting the nation of natural Israel in favor of this spiritual nation, which includes Gentiles, would say “to those not my people:‘You are my people.’”
(Ho 2:23- And I shall certainly sow her like seed for me in the earth, and I will show mercy to her who was not shown mercy, and I will say to those not my people:“You are my people”; and they, for their part, will say:“[You are] my God.”’”
Ro 9:22-25-
22-If, now, God, although having the will to demonstrate his wrath and to make his power known, tolerated with much long-suffering vessels of wrath made fit for destruction,
23- in order that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory,
24- namely, us, whom he called not only from among Jews but also from among nations,[what of it]?
25- It is as he says also in Hosea:“Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’)
In due time the Kingdom of God was taken away from the nation of natural Jews and given to a spiritual nation bringing forth Kingdom fruitage.
(Mt 21:43-This is why I say to YOU, The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU and be given to a nation producing its fruits.)
The apostles and others who received holy spirit at Pentecost in 33 C.E.(about 120), those added on that day (about 3,000), and those that later increased the number to about 5,000 were all Jews and proselytes.(Ac 1:13-15; 2:41; 4:4)
But even at that, they were, as Isaiah described them,“a mere remnant” saved out of that cast-off nation.(Isa 10:21, 22; Ro 9:27)
Natural Israel failed to produce the required number, so God “turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name”(Ac 15:14), concerning whom it was said,“You were once not a people, but are now God’s people.”(1Pe 2:10)
The apostle Peter quoted what had been said to natural Israel and applied it to this spiritual Israel of God, saying it is in reality “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.”
(Ex 19:5, 6-
And now if YOU will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then YOU will certainly become my special property out of all [other] peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. 6 And YOU yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the sons of Israel.”
1Pe 2:9-
But YOU are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that YOU should declare abroad the excellencies” of the one that called YOU out of darkness into his wonderful light.)
The 12 tribes mentioned in Revelation chapter 7 must refer to this spiritual Israel for severalriesthood and all the tribal records of natural Israel were permanently destroyed, lost forever, long before John had his vision in 96 C.E. But more important, John received his vision upon a background of the aforementioned developments from and after Pentecost 33 C.E.
In the light of such events, John’s vision of those standing on the heavenly Mount Zion with the Lamb (whom natural Israel had rejected) revealed the number of this spiritual Israel of God to be 144,000 “bought from among mankind.” It1 p.1234
(Re 14:1, 4-
And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.
4-These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36080 Aug 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
I assume all this is your way of telling me that you and your cult lost again and you are attempting to obscure that fact.
Face it kid, you are not in the same league with me.
As for me and my house, we will follow Yahweh.
<quoted text>
We haven't lost, you will! You're the one who reads other books that are not part of the Holy Bible and you also believe every thing you read on the internet. Like I posted I use the Scriptures, " All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

I for one am certainly glad that I am NOT in your league, for Satan must be proud of what he owns. Namely you!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36082 Aug 21, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text> We haven't lost, you will! You're the one who reads other books that are not part of the Holy Bible and you also believe every thing you read on the internet.

No, yes and no.

Like I just demonstrated, you don't understand the Bible. You don't even understand that the "12 tribes of Israel" have not been separate and discrete throughout the entire time period of Jewish history. That historic information is not in the Bible. Nor are the meanings of the words used in the Bible actually defined in the Bible. Even if you read the original languages you have to know how the use of words changed throughout time. Even then you don't have access to the originals of ANY of the books of the Bible, Old OR New Testaments! Therefore you believe whatever your cult feeds you, even though I continuously demonstrate your understanding to be erroneous.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> Like I posted I use the Scriptures, " All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Again, I demonstrated your "understanding" of that scripture is flawed. "Scripture" in N.T. times referred to the Old Testament.
By the way, that included books that are NOT in the current JW bible. So you are guilty of taking books out of the Bible that were considered scripture.
Student wrote:
<quoted text> I for one am certainly glad that I am NOT in your league, for Satan must be proud of what he owns. Namely you!

I figured that you would misunderstand that as well. That is why I tested you with it. I see you have failed this test of the spirit.

Reading a book that you have no basis for understanding is not going to help you understand unless you are following the spirit. But you follow the cult and the letter of THEIR law.

Matt 23

Seven Woes to the Scribes and Pharisees [and Jehovah witnesses!]

1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice. 4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear,[a] and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, 6 and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues 7 and greetings in the marketplaces and being called rabbi[b] by others. 8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c] 9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ. 11 The greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.[d] 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[e] as yourselves.

Woe to you, Watchtower cult members, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell* as yourselves.

*Gehenna
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36083 Aug 21, 2013
Daily Text

Wednesday, August 21

Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.—Eccl. 9:11.

As we draw ever closer to the end of this wicked world, more and more of Jehovah’s people are being affected by disasters and tragedies. We may find that our hearts are weighed down when we lose loved ones or suffer personal difficulties. Or we might even find ourselves plagued by some distressing circumstances or perceived injustices. Our anguished hearts may cry out:‘Why, Jehovah? Why me? What did I do wrong?’(Hab. 1:2, 3) We need to be careful not to assume that such events are an indication of Jehovah’s disapproval. Jesus highlighted this fact when referring to two tragedies that occurred in his day.(Luke 13:1-5) Many calamities are the result of “time and unforeseen occurrence.” But no matter what the cause of our distress, we can cope if we focus our attention on “the God of all comfort.” He will give us the strength required to continue on faithfully.—2 Cor. 1:3-6.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36084 Aug 21, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Wednesday, August 21
Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.—Eccl. 9:11.
As we draw ever closer to the end of this wicked world, more and more of Jehovah’s people are being affected by disasters and tragedies. We may find that our hearts are weighed down when we lose loved ones or suffer personal difficulties. Or we might even find ourselves plagued by some distressing circumstances or perceived injustices. Our anguished hearts may cry out:‘Why, Jehovah? Why me? What did I do wrong?’(Hab. 1:2, 3) We need to be careful not to assume that such events are an indication of Jehovah’s disapproval. Jesus highlighted this fact when referring to two tragedies that occurred in his day.(Luke 13:1-5) Many calamities are the result of “time and unforeseen occurrence.” But no matter what the cause of our distress, we can cope if we focus our attention on “the God of all comfort.” He will give us the strength required to continue on faithfully.—2 Cor. 1:3-6.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

Anyone know what this sort of delusional thinking is called?

[Hint: paranoia]
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36086 Aug 21, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, August 22

The objective of this mandate is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy.—1 Tim. 1:5.

If we want God’s spirit to lead us, we need to avoid placing ourselves in the path of temptation by aimlessly flipping through television channels or surfing the Internet.(Rom. 8:5-8) Of course, we can and should exercise self-control by taking immediate action if we are confronted with a provocative image. But how much better if we avoid the situation in the first place!(Prov. 22:3) Setting appropriate safeguards and adhering to them involve the exercise of self-control. For example, keeping the computer in an open area can serve as a protection. Some find it best to use the computer or watch television only when others are present. Others have decided not to have access to the Internet.(Matt. 5:27-30) May we take whatever measures are necessary to protect ourselves and our family.(Examining the Scriptures 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36089 Aug 22, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, August 22
The objective of this mandate is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy.—1 Tim. 1:5.
If we want God’s spirit to lead us, we need to avoid placing ourselves in the path of temptation by aimlessly flipping through television channels or surfing the Internet.(Rom. 8:5-8) Of course, we can and should exercise self-control by taking immediate action if we are confronted with a provocative image. But how much better if we avoid the situation in the first place!(Prov. 22:3) Setting appropriate safeguards and adhering to them involve the exercise of self-control. For example, keeping the computer in an open area can serve as a protection. Some find it best to use the computer or watch television only when others are present. Others have decided not to have access to the Internet.(Matt. 5:27-30) May we take whatever measures are necessary to protect ourselves and our family.(Examining the Scriptures 2013)

So, hypocrisy....

Avoid reality at all costs because your faith will be tempted..

What sort of cult would suggest such nonsense?

You want to see provocative images then look at that has been published by the Watchtower

http://www.watchtowerlies.com/subliminal_imag...

A picture are taken DIRECTLY from Watchtower publications. They have not been altered in any way except for size and markings indicating the offensive portions of the image when they are not perfectly obvious.

The JW cult has a real demon fetish.

Remember, Jesus did not bury his head in the sand. He ate with the worst sort of characters and ministered to them.

Jesus advocated taking care of the poor.

Things the Watchtower cult would never stand for.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36091 Aug 22, 2013
Daily Text

Friday, August 23

Save them by snatching them out of the fire.—Jude 23.

Today, elders need to be on guard against the lionlike attacks of the Devil. This may involve a courageous act of figuratively snatching the sheep from the Devil’s jaws. Elders, of course, do not accomplish this without Jehovah’s help. They handle an injured sheep tenderly, bandaging him and applying the soothing balm of God’s Word. In Bible times, literal shepherds guided the flock to an appropriate pasture and a watering place. Likewise, elders direct the flock to the congregation, encouraging regular meeting attendance so that the flock can be well-fed and receive “their food at the proper time.”(Matt. 24:45) The elders may need to spend extra time helping those who are spiritually sick to accept nourishment from God’s Word. Instead of intimidating their brother, the elders tenderly explain Scriptural principles and show him how he can apply these in his life.(Examining the Scripture Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36095 Aug 23, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Friday, August 23

Rewritten to repair the lies:

Save them by snatching them out of the fire.—Jude 23.

Today, elders need to be on guard against the lionlike attacks of the Yahweh. This may involve a courageous act of figuratively snatching the sheep from the Yahweh's loving arms. Elders, of course, do not accomplish this without Satan’s help. They handle an injured sheep with disfellowship, ignoring him and applying the distortion of God’s Word. In Bible times, literal shepherds guided the flock to an appropriate pasture and a watering place. Likewise, elders direct the flock to the slaughter, forcing regular meeting attendance so that the dups can be well-indoctrinated and receive “their kool-aid at the proper time.”(Matt. 24:45) The elders may need to spend extra time destroying those who are spiritually well to accept nourishment from Satan’s distortion of God's Word. Instead of consoling their brother, the elders laud over Scriptural principles which have been warped in support of the cult and force him how he can destroy others in his life.

The Satanic Watchtower Cult attempts to hide behind the scriptures while they delude the innocent. Anyone who examines the "fruit" of the cult is repulsed by the vile and putrid smell of sulfur.

Gen 3:1 "Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made."

“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies”(John 8:44).

Ephesians 6:11

2 Corinthians 11:14–15
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as oan angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as pservants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

The JW cult is exactly in keeping with 2 Corinthians 11:14-15.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36098 Aug 23, 2013
Daily Text

Saturday, August 24

Israel continued to serve Jehovah all the days of Joshua and all the days of the older men who extended their days after Joshua.—Josh. 24:31.

That obedient generation gradually died out and was replaced by a generation that “did not know Jehovah or the work that he had done for Israel.” Consequently,“the sons of Israel fell to doing what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah and serving the Baals.”(Judg. 2:10, 11) The Promised Land did not prove to be a real “place of rest” for them. Because of their disobedience, they did not enjoy lasting peace with God. In speaking of a later time, Paul wrote:“If Joshua had led [the Israelites] into a place of rest, God would not afterward have spoken of another day. So there remains a sabbath resting for the people of God.”(Heb. 4:8, 9)“The people of God” Paul was referring to were Christians. Does that mean that Christians could enter into God’s rest? Most assuredly—both Jewish and non-Jewish Christians!(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36099 Aug 23, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Saturday, August 24...(WARPING the Scriptures Daily 2013)

Yep, pretty warped.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36104 Aug 24, 2013
I suppose you can imagine which magazine comes out as number one!

http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/07/top-10-most...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36106 Aug 24, 2013
Student wrote:
I suppose you can imagine which magazine comes out as number one!
http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/07/top-10-most...

I suppose you can imagine you get what you pay for.

Really what this list says is that the most popular REAL magazine (that people actually think is worth paying for) is a gaming magazine.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#36109 Aug 24, 2013
Daily Text

Sunday, August 25

[Isaac] made a feast for [his visitors] and they ate and drank.... After that Isaac sent them away ... in peace.—Gen. 26:30, 31.

When Philistine King Abimelech told Isaac to ‘move from their neighborhood’ at Gerar, the peaceful man Isaac complied.(Gen. 26:1, 12-17) After Isaac moved his encampment farther away, his shepherds dug a well. Philistine shepherds claimed that the water was theirs. Isaac did not fight over the well. Instead, Isaac again had his men dig a well. The Philistines also claimed this one for themselves. For the sake of peace, Isaac moved his large encampment away to yet another location. Then, the Philistine king and his officials came to visit him in Beer-sheba and sought to make a covenant of peace with him, saying:“We have unmistakably seen that Jehovah has proved to be with you.”(Gen. 26:28) For the sake of peace, Isaac had more than once opted to move rather than fight. This time too Isaac proved himself to be a peacemaker.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#36110 Aug 24, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Sunday, August 25
[Isaac] made a feast for [his visitors] and they ate and drank.... After that Isaac sent them away ... in peace.—Gen. 26:30, 31.
When Philistine King Abimelech told Isaac to ‘move from their neighborhood’ at Gerar, the peaceful man Isaac complied.(Gen. 26:1, 12-17) After Isaac moved his encampment farther away, his shepherds dug a well. Philistine shepherds claimed that the water was theirs. Isaac did not fight over the well. Instead, Isaac again had his men dig a well. The Philistines also claimed this one for themselves. For the sake of peace, Isaac moved his large encampment away to yet another location. Then, the Philistine king and his officials came to visit him in Beer-sheba and sought to make a covenant of peace with him, saying:“We have unmistakably seen that Jehovah has proved to be with you.”(Gen. 26:28) For the sake of peace, Isaac had more than once opted to move rather than fight. This time too Isaac proved himself to be a peacemaker.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

Why would anyone, knowing the evil, lying, sociopathic, misogynist, unbiblical, Watchtower cult ever bother to read their distortions?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/19...

Covering up child molestation, taking the law into their own hands.... another typical day at the Watchtower cult.

What makes them more dangerous than other cults? Well, nothing since this is typical of cult behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 3 min National Whistleb... 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aerobatty 881,219
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 603,601
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pegasus 272,907
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 17 min The swamiji 7,664
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 48 min WasteWater 6,412
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 52 min uncle 584
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 55 min WasteWater 8,365
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr waaasssuuup 4,084
More from around the web