Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#35835 Aug 6, 2013
Student wrote:
The Rulers of the World Identified

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pte2XO66Nwg/SDxO0oY...

You ever going to respond to anything?

Thank you student. You make it easy to make the watchtower cult look as creepy and evil as it is.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35836 Aug 6, 2013
Student wrote:
Resist Wicked Spirits

Most of them spend most of their time at Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses so it is not that hard.

Hundreds of posts refuting your cult and DEMONSTRATING it to be the ignorant house of evil that it is.

And you got evil spirits.

Stick a fork in him. He is done.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35837 Aug 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear apostate,
No you can't. You don't understand the Bible. 144,000 is symbolic, not literal. Very little in the book of Revelation is literal.
Quoting a bunch of stuff you did not write and do not understand is not impressive. But it does go along with your lying motif.
Oh, and there is no such thing as a "jehovah" as I told you before.
I now have provided you with at least a thousand lies, distortions, misunderstandings, manipulations,....etc of the JW's including about a hundred false prophecies.
I have provided the evidence: documents, testimony of witnesses, court transcripts and historic facts about your cult. You have been able to counter 0% of it.
You lose.
You lost the day you joined the the watchtower cult.
You remain too cowardly to examine the evidence.
Chickens eventually get fried.
144,000, is understood literally for several reasons. One is found in the immediate context of Revelation 7:4.

After the apostle John was told in vision about this group of 144,000 individuals, he was shown another group. John describes this second group as “a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” This great crowd refers to those who will survive the coming “great tribulation,” which will destroy the present wicked world.—Revelation 7:9, 14.

Note, however, the contrast that John draws between verses 4 and 9 of Revelation chapter 7. He states that the first group,“those who were sealed,” has a definite number. However, the second group,“a great crowd,” is without a definite number. With that in mind, it is logical to take the number 144,000 to be literal. If the number 144,000 were symbolic and referred to a group that is actually numberless, the force of the contrast between those two verses would be lost. Thus, the context strongly indicates that the number 144,000 must be taken literally.

Various Bible scholars, past and present, reached the same conclusion—that is, the number is literal. For instance, in commenting on Revelation 7:4, 9, British lexicographer Dr. Ethelbert W. Bullinger observed some 100 years ago:“It is the simple statement of fact: a definite number in contrast with the indefinite number in this very chapter.”(The Apocalypse or “The Day of the Lord,” page 282) More recently, Robert L. Thomas, Jr., professor of New Testament at The Master’s Seminary in the United States, wrote:“The case for symbolism is exegetically weak.” He added:“It is a definite number [at 7:4] in contrast with the indefinite number of 7:9. If it is taken symbolically, no number in the book can be taken literally.”—Revelation: An Exegetical Commentary, Volume 1, page 474.

Some argue that since Revelation contains highly symbolic language, all numbers found in this book, including the number 144,000, must be symbolic.(Revelation 1:1, 4; 2:10) That conclusion, though, is clearly not correct. Granted, Revelation contains numerous symbolic numbers, but it also includes literal numbers. For instance, John speaks of “the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.”(Revelation 21:14) Clearly, the number 12 mentioned in this verse is literal, not symbolic. Further, the apostle John writes about “the thousand years” of Christ’s reign. That number is also to be taken literally, as a careful consideration of the Bible shows.(Revelation 20:3, 5-7) Hence, whether a number in Revelation is to be taken literally or symbolically depends on its background and setting.(w04 9/1 pp. 30, 31)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35838 Aug 6, 2013
Daily Text

Wednesday, August 7

There exists a way that is upright before a man, but the ways of death are the end of it afterward.—Prov. 14:12.

If we rely on our own thinking, especially when we face serious problems, we are likely to endanger ourselves and those we love. For example, a family head may face severe pressure in providing materially for “those who are his own.”(1 Tim. 5:8) He might be tempted to take a job that repeatedly causes him to miss out on attending Christian meetings, taking the lead in family worship, or participating in the ministry. If he relies solely on human thinking, such a course could seem justifiable, even upright. However, it may well result in spiritual sickness or death. How much better to follow the counsel of Proverbs 3:5, 6! Said Solomon:“Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.(Examining the Scritures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35842 Aug 7, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
144,000, is understood literally for several reasons. One is found in the immediate context of Revelation 7:4.
After the apostle John was told in vision about this group of 144,000 individuals, he was shown another group. John describes this second group as “a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” This great crowd refers to those who will survive the coming “great tribulation,” which will destroy the present wicked world.—Revelation 7:9, 14.
Note, however, the contrast that John draws between verses 4 and 9 of Revelation chapter 7. He states that the first group,“those who were sealed,” has a definite number. However, the second group,“a great crowd,” is without a definite number. With that in mind, it is logical to take the number 144,000 to be literal. If the number 144,000 were symbolic and referred to a group that is actually numberless, the force of the contrast between those two verses would be lost. Thus, the context strongly indicates that the number 144,000 must be taken literally.
Various Bible scholars, past and present, reached the same conclusion—that is, the number is literal. For instance, in commenting on Revelation 7:4, 9, British lexicographer Dr. Ethelbert W. Bullinger observed some 100 years ago:“It is the simple statement of fact: a definite number in contrast with the indefinite number in this very chapter.”(The Apocalypse or “The Day of the Lord,” page 282) More recently, Robert L. Thomas, Jr., professor of New Testament at The Master’s Seminary in the United States, wrote:“The case for symbolism is exegetically weak.” He added:“It is a definite number [at 7:4] in contrast with the indefinite number of 7:9. If it is taken symbolically, no number in the book can be taken literally.”—Revelation: An Exegetical Commentary, Volume 1, page 474.
Some argue that since Revelation contains highly symbolic language, all numbers found in this book, including the number 144,000, must be symbolic.(Revelation 1:1, 4; 2:10) That conclusion, though, is clearly not correct. Granted, Revelation contains numerous symbolic numbers, but it also includes literal numbers. For instance, John speaks of “the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.”(Revelation 21:14) Clearly, the number 12 mentioned in this verse is literal, not symbolic. Further, the apostle John writes about “the thousand years” of Christ’s reign. That number is also to be taken literally, as a careful consideration of the Bible shows.(Revelation 20:3, 5-7) Hence, whether a number in Revelation is to be taken literally or symbolically depends on its background and setting.(w04 9/1 pp. 30, 31)

Very nice evidence.

Nice evidence that you can't think for yourself.

Nice evidence that you aren't allowed to think for yourself.

Excellent evidence that you are terrified to even try thinking for yourself

I have noticed that it is not just you. All the Watchtower cult members I have know or interacted with are of the cowardly and craven variety.

Does the watchtower make you like this or is the fact that you are like this naturally what makes you want to suckle at the Satan's Teat?

I have proved you and your cult to be incompetent liars over and over.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35843 Aug 7, 2013
yon wrote:
And they condemn Catholics

Of course, of all siblings twins tend to fight the most.

Actually that is not really fair to the Catholics. They are the original and the Watchtower cult is simply a poor copy.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35845 Aug 7, 2013
yon wrote:
Exdus 20:8
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy"
jw's keep a different Catholic sabbath
This was GOD’S LAW TO ISRAEL in 1513 B.C.E. are you an Israelite?
And are we now living in 1513 B.C.E.?

Facts to Remember About the Sabbath:

Although a Bible verse may speak of the need to observe a weekly Sabbath, we need to ascertain the time when these words were stated.

4026 B.C.E. BEFORE THE TIME OF MOSES
ADAM CREATED
The law regarding the Sabbath was not given prior to the time of Mose the Israelites.—Deuteronomy 5:1-3, 12-14.

1513 B.C.E. GOD’S LAW TO ISRAEL

LAW GIVEN TO ISRAEL
The law concerning the Sabbath was not given to other nations.(Psalm 147:19, 20) It was given as “a sign” between Jehovah and the sons of Israel.—Exodus 31:16, 17.

The weekly Sabbath day was just one of many sabbaths that the Israelites were commanded to observe.—Leviticus 16:29- 31; 23:4-8; 25:4, 11; Numbers 28:26.

33 C.E. THE LAW OF THE CHRIST

END OF LAW GIVEN TO ISRAEL
When deciding what God requires of Christians, in 49 C.E., the apostles and older men in Jerusalem made no mention of the need to observe a weekly Sabbath.—Acts 15:28, 29.

The apostle Paul was concerned about Christians who put emphasis on observing special days.—Galatians 4:9-11.

? Does the Bible urge Christians to observe a Sabbath day each week?

. It was not until after Jesus’ death that the Law covenant was taken away.(Colossians 2:13, 14) Knowing when these events took place in the stream of time helps us to understand God’s view on the matter.

Since Christ fulfilled the Law, are Christians obligated to keep the weekly Sabbath? Under inspiration, the apostle Paul answers:“Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.”—Colossians 2:16, 17.

Those inspired words suggest quite a change in God’s requirements for his servants. Why the change? Because Christians are under a new law,“the law of the Christ.”(Galatians 6:2)

The former Law covenant given through Moses to Israel came to an end when Jesus’ death fulfilled it.(Romans 10:4; Ephesians 2:15)

Did the commandment about keeping the Sabbath also come to an end? Yes. After saying that “we have been discharged from the Law,” Paul went on to refer to one of the Ten Commandments.(Romans 7:6, 7)

So the Ten Commandments—including the Sabbath law—are part of the Law that came to an end. God’s worshippers, therefore, are no longer required to observe a weekly Sabbath.(w10 2/1 pp.13-14)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35846 Aug 7, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
This was GOD’S LAW TO ISRAEL in 1513 B.C.E. are you an Israelite?
And are we now living in 1513 B.C.E.?
Facts to Remember About the Sabbath:

Facts to remember about Failed Student:
1. He cannot seem to answer any question.
2. He seems to not have a functioning brain of his own.
3. He is unable to read posts for content.
4. He is not allowed to read links and
5. he does not realize that there is actually nothing stopping him.
6. He requests factual information debunking his cult and ....(see 2, 3 and 4)
7. when such information is provided he is completely unable to counter any of it.
8. He will swallow anything the Watchtower cult pulls out of their pants.

PROOF!

So far he has been given evidence that the cult uses mental control techniques (aka brain washing).

So far he has stopped reading if he was ever reading.

So far I am just typing to show him how dishonest he is.

So far blah dumb blah, he is not reading anyway so I am just doing improv.

So I could post a link to all the answers in the universe:

READ THIS!

www.alltheanswersintheuniverse.com

He is nothing more than a spamming religious troll.

AND there is a verse PROVING the Watchtower cult wrong:

Matthew 23:15

Eat that spambot!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35850 Aug 7, 2013
yon wrote:
That means for ALL of mankind!

The JW cult loves to make up lies.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35855 Aug 8, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, August 8

Love ... in deed and truth.—1 John 3:18.

The love produced by holy spirit is markedly different from the sort of love that is common in the world. Jesus highlighted this difference in the Sermon on the Mount.(Matt. 5:43-48) He noted that even sinners will follow a policy of like for like, treating others as others treat them. Such “love” does not involve real sacrifice but amounts to an exchange of favors. If we want to ‘prove ourselves sons of our Father who is in the heavens,’ we must be different. Rather than treating others as they treat us, we are to view and treat others as Jehovah views and treats them. Our love for fellow believers goes further.“We are under obligation to surrender our souls for our brothers.”(1 John 3:16, 17) More often, though, we can show love in smaller ways. The intense love produced by holy spirit can help us to cover over minor transgressions, freely forgiving others “even as Jehovah freely forgave” us.—Col. 3:13, 14; 1 Pet. 4:8.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35856 Aug 8, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text
Thursday, August 8
Love ... in deed and truth.—1 John 3:18.)

Great example of the hypocrisy of the JW cult.

No where is "love" more conditional than in cults. The JW love you when they are trying to hook you, and they love you when they have you. But if you squirm and try to get away, the love spigot gets turned off, the handle removed and the faucet welded shut.

It is called DISFELLOWSHIP.

What it means is that your BEST FRIENDS will no longer talk to you. Even FAMILY members (unless you live in the same house) are not to talk to you. Even if you have business relations with other members... they are severed.

Is this loving or is this false love? The pretense of love without the heart.

What does Jesus and the Bible have to say about this?

Mark 12:31
Luke 6:35
Romans 12:9
Romans 13:10
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Ephesians 4:2
1 Peter 4:8
John 15:13
Proverbs 10:12
Proverbs 17:17
1 John 4:8!!!!!!!!!!

Even Satan can pretend to love his followers.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35861 Aug 8, 2013
yon wrote:
hE HAS NOTHING TO RESPOND WITH EXCEPT WTBT$$ quotes

And they often aren't even on topic.

I mean how many functioning brain cells does it take to read a post and find something related to cut and paste? I am pretty sure a monkey could be trained to do it.

He seems to know he has nothing of value and I am pretty certain he is not even reading our posts anymore. He is just going through the motions.

His "thinking" is:'I got to keep posting or it will be like admitting my cult is a bunch of lies'. Which, of course, it is.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35872 Aug 9, 2013

Options.

Daily Text

Friday, August 9

Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.—Jas. 4:8.

Young ones, the first step on the road to life is to make the truth your own. Have you taken that step? Ask yourself:‘Am I a spiritual person, or is my participation in spiritual activities dependent on my parents? Do I cultivate qualities that make me pleasing to God? Do I make an effort to maintain a consistent routine of sharing in the activities related to true worship? Am I drawing close to God by nurturing a personal relationship with him?’ Reflect on Moses’ example. Despite having been subjected to a foreign culture, he chose to be identified as a worshipper of Jehovah rather than a son of the daughter of Pharaoh.(Heb. 11:24-27) Christian youths, you too need to be determined to serve Jehovah faithfully. By doing that, you will gain true happiness, the best quality of life now, and the hope of getting “a firm hold on the real life.”—1 Tim. 6:19 (Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35875 Aug 9, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be Abraham's seed and not Israel?
If that be the case then Eph 2:11-12 that speaks of "you who were once Gentiles" 1500 years later would not make any sense
I am not from Abraham's seed, and I do not live under the Mose law.

Since Christ fulfilled the Law, are Christians obligated to keep the weekly Sabbath?

Under inspiration, the apostle Paul answers:“Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.”—Colossians 2:16, 17.

Those inspired words suggest quite a change in God’s requirements for his servants. Why the change?

******Because Christians are under a new law,“the law of the Christ.”(Galatians 6:2)*******

The former Law covenant given through Moses to Israel came to an end when Jesus’ death fulfilled it.(Romans 10:4; Ephesians 2:15)

Did the commandment about keeping the Sabbath also come to an end?

Yes. After saying that “we have been discharged from the Law,” Paul went on to refer to one of the Ten Commandments.(Romans 7:6, 7) So the Ten Commandments—including the Sabbath law—are part of the Law that came to an end. God’s worshippers, therefore, are no longer required to observe a weekly Sabbath.

The change from the Israelite to the Christian system of worship could be illustrated this way: A nation may change its constitution. Once the new constitution is legally in place, people are no longer required to obey the former one. Even though some of the laws in the new constitution may be the same as those in the former constitution, others may be different. So a person would need to study the new constitution carefully to see what laws now apply. Additionally, a loyal citizen would want to know when the new constitution went into effect.

In like manner, Jehovah God provided over 600 laws, including 10 main ones, for the nation of Israel. These included laws about morals, sacrifices, health matters, and Sabbath-keeping. However, Jesus said that his anointed followers would constitute a new “nation.”

(Matthew 21:42, 43-Jesus said to them:“Did YOU never read in the Scriptures,‘The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to YOU, The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU and be given to a nation producing its fruits.)

From 33 C.E. onward, this nation has had a new “constitution,” founded on two basic laws—love of God and love of neighbor.(Matthew 22:36-40) Although “the law of the Christ” includes instructions that are similar to those in the Law given to Israel, we should not be surprised that some laws are very different and that others are no longer required. The law requiring the observance of a weekly Sabbath is one of those that are no longer binding.(w10 2/1 p 14)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35876 Aug 9, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't read them either. The truth hurts.
Oh I read your post. But after having surgery on my back for the fourth time, I am not able to set upright to long. But I do get a good laugh at some of your postings.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35877 Aug 9, 2013
Student wrote:
Options.
Daily Text

Failed student, speechless against the facts, continues to yammer cult dogma.

Harbor any child molesters lately?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35878 Aug 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not from Abraham's seed, and I do not live under the Mose law.
Since Christ fulfilled the Law, are Christians obligated to keep the weekly Sabbath?......

This is a lie.

Matthew 5:18-19

I note you could not support your opinion either. Even your cut and paste did not support it.

You have been deceived by Satan.

He will continue to laugh at you even past the end of time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35879 Aug 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I read your post. But after having surgery on my back for the fourth time, I am not able to set upright to long. But I do get a good laugh at some of your postings.

We have refuted your cults beliefs. You will continue to cling to them for you have nothing else.

Was your back surgery painful.

Think how much more painful it will be to come to the end of your life and find that the entirety of it has been squandered on a lie.

A lie that you had been given the key to unlock but instead threw away the key.

Woe, woe, woe.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35886 Aug 9, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are of the devil's seed - keep laughing
Galatians 3:29
"And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s offspring and [spiritual] heirs according to promise."
Galatians 3:26-29.
26 YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29 Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.

Jesus Christ became the primary seed of the Abrahamic covenant, yet God purposed to select other humans to become a secondary seed. The apostle Paul thus wrote that those who ‘belong to Christ are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.’(Galatians 3:29)

How was this aspect of the Abrahamic covenant to be accomplished?

Surely not by blood line, or by keeping a day of the Sabbath.

Does this change from the Law of Moses to the law of the Christ mean that God has changed his standards? No. Jehovah has adjusted the laws his people are required to obey. The apostle Paul explains the matter this way:“Before the faith arrived, we were being guarded under law, being delivered up together into custody, looking to the faith that was destined to be revealed. Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor.”—Galatians 3:23-25.

Is it wrong, then, to set aside one day every week for rest and worship? No. God’s Word leaves such a decision to each individual, saying:“One person decides that one day is holier than another. Another person decides that all days are the same. Every person must make his own decision.”(Romans 14:5, God’s Word)

While some may choose to view one day as more holy than others, the Bible clearly indicates that God does not expect Christians to observe a weekly Sabbath.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35887 Aug 9, 2013
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 3:26-29.

What does this have to do with the Watchtower cult?

You worship the watchtower and are only allowed to believe what the watchtower tells you.

When you going to get around to defending your cult?

What is the matter? You got nothing.

Faced with the truth cowards run.

You know nothing of Yahweh nor his power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min onemale 286,463
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr bagittagit 101,073
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr emperorjohn 445,666
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr bagittagit 980,307
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,486
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Sky Writer 31 184,303
Fraud DoctoRx 9 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
More from around the web