Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Isn't this typical of the watchtower cult:

In Australia, the Watchtower faces up to $3 billion in fines and fees for ignoring Victoria State Child Protection laws. The Watchtower claimed that the law did not apply to them because their local Kingdom Halls did not manage schools, sponsor scout troops, or have Sunday Schools in their churches. The Society’s official position was that they were exempt from the law, even though all other churches were complying. The Watchtower took this position in spite of the fact that several Kingdom Halls had recent cases of child molestation. This case has been going on for a couple of years, but now the government’s attorney general is getting involved and promises action against the Society.(Interesting note: The Governing Body was called to appear before the court, but has so far refused. Also called was the “Faithful Slave Class.” The Watchtower’s legal representative stated in response that the Faithful Slave did not actually exist – it was only a “theological arrangement.”)

http://watchtowerwatch.com/blog/2012-bad-year...

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Some metaphors involved but yes.
My initial interest in Zen was through reading about martial arts.
Bruce Lee quoted Zen literature frequently in his books.
Nice! I've practiced and taught martial arts for years - I have felt the metaphors that Zen invokes to explain that feeling of separation of mind and body. I prefer neuroscience explanations myself.

:)
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

THE Bible says that although there are many who are viewed as gods,“there is actually to us one God the Father.”(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6)

That “one God” is Jehovah, the Creator of all things.(Deuteronomy 6:4; Revelation 4:11)

Jesus referred to him as “my God and your God.”(John 20:17)

He agreed with Moses, who had earlier stated:“Jehovah is the true God; there is no other besides him.”(Deuteronomy 4:35)

Jehovah is far superior to any objects of worship, such as idols, deified humans, or his enemy Satan the Devil,“the god of this system of things.”(2 Corinthians 4:3, 4)

In contrast to all of these, Jehovah is, as Jesus called him,“the only true God.”(John 17:3)

Appreciative people who learn about God’s heartwarming qualities, as well as what he has done and will yet do for us, are drawn to him. As their love for Jehovah grows, they feel impelled to magnify him. How? One way is by telling others about him.“With the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation,” states Romans 10:10.

Another way is by imitating him in word and deed.“Become imitators of God, as beloved children,” says Ephesians 5:1.

To do so more fully, we need to know Jehovah as he truly is.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Paul wrote:“Keep testing whether you are in the faith.”(2 Corinthians 13:5)

The apostle urged us to keep testing ourselves to determine whether we are adhering to the body of Christian beliefs. If our ears are inclined toward disgruntled ones, we need to analyze ourselves prayerfully.(Psalm 139:23, 24)

Are we inclined to find fault with Jehovah’s people? If so, why? Have we been hurt by the words or actions of someone? If so, are we keeping things in proper perspective? Any tribulation we face in this system of things is temporary.(2 Corinthians 4:17)

Even if we experience some trial in the congregation, why should we quit serving God?

If we are upset over something, is it not far better to do what we can to resolve the matter and then leave it in Jehovah’s hands?(Psalm 4:4; Proverbs 3:5, 6; Ephesians 4:26)

Rather than being critical, let us maintain a spiritually healthy view of the information received through personal study and congregation meetings.(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15)

And instead of questioning God’s Word, how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Beroeans who examined the Scriptures closely!(Acts 17:10, 11)

Then, let us act on what we learn, turning down false stories and clinging to the truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! I've practiced and taught martial arts for years - I have felt the metaphors that Zen invokes to explain that feeling of separation of mind and body. I prefer neuroscience explanations myself.
:)

Metaphors are perfectly acceptable in that realm.\

I like neuroscience myself. I have read a few books on neuroplasticity in the last couple of years and at least on on consciousness. It is a fascinating field of study.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
THE Bible says that although there are many who are viewed as gods,“there is actually to us one God the Father.”(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6)
That “one God” is Jehovah, the Creator of all things.(Deuteronomy 6:4; Revelation 4:11)
Jesus referred to him as “my God and your God.”(John 20:17)
He agreed with Moses, who had earlier stated:“Jehovah is the true God; there is no other besides him.”(Deuteronomy 4:35)
Jehovah is far superior to any objects of worship, such as idols, deified humans, or his enemy Satan the Devil,“the god of this system of things.”(2 Corinthians 4:3, 4)
In contrast to all of these, Jehovah is, as Jesus called him,“the only true God.”(John 17:3)
Appreciative people who learn about God’s heartwarming qualities, as well as what he has done and will yet do for us, are drawn to him. As their love for Jehovah grows, they feel impelled to magnify him. How? One way is by telling others about him.“With the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation,” states Romans 10:10.
Another way is by imitating him in word and deed.“Become imitators of God, as beloved children,” says Ephesians 5:1.
To do so more fully, we need to know Jehovah as he truly is.

There is no jehovah, only the Elohim Yahweh.

Among the millions of other errors of the Watchtower cult is that they know perfectly well what the true name of Elohim is and yet they intentionally stick with the perversion "jehovah" because they just can't stand the fact they are so wrong that even their name is wrong.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

The New World Translation (1950)
A Corrupt sectarian Paraphrase!

What leading Greek scholars say about the NWT:

Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, professor of New Testament at Princeton University, calls the NWT "a frightful mistranslation," "Erroneous" and "pernicious" "reprehensible" "If the Jehovah's Witnesses take this translation seriously, they are polytheists." (Professor of New Testament Language and Literature)
Dr. William Barclay, a leading Greek scholar, said "it is abundantly clear that a sect which can translate the New Testament like that is intellectually dishonest."
British scholar H.H. Rowley stated, "From beginning to end this volume is a shining example of how the Bible should not be translated."
"Well, as a backdrop, I was disturbed because they (Watchtower) had misquoted me in support of their translation." (These words were excerpted from the tape, "Martin and Julius Mantey on The New World Translation", Mantey is quoted on pages 1158-1159 of the Kingdom interlinear Translation)
Dr. Julius Mantey , author of A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament, calls the NWT "a shocking mistranslation." "Obsolete and incorrect." "It is neither scholarly nor reasonable to translate John 1:1 'The Word was a god.'"
"I have never read any New Testament so badly translated as The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of The Greek Scriptures.... it is a distortion of the New Testament. The translators used what J.B. Rotherham had translated in 1893, in modern speech, and changed the readings in scores of passages to state what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and teach. That is a distortion not a translation." (Julius Mantey , Depth Exploration in The New Testament (N.Y.: Vantage Pres, 1980), pp.136-137)
the translators of the NWT are "diabolical deceivers." (Julius Mantey in discussion with Walter Martin)

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-NWT.htm

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
Paul wrote:“Keep testing whether you are in the faith.”(2 Corinthians 13:5)
The apostle urged us to keep testing ourselves to determine whether we are adhering to the body of Christian beliefs. If our ears are inclined toward disgruntled ones, we need to analyze ourselves prayerfully.(Psalm 139:23, 24).......
If we are upset over something, is it not far better to do what we can to resolve the matter and then leave it in Jehovah’s hands?(Psalm 4:4; Proverbs 3:5, 6; Ephesians 4:26)
Rather than being critical, let us maintain a spiritually healthy view of the information received through personal study and congregation meetings.(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15)
And instead of questioning God’s Word, how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Beroeans who examined the Scriptures closely!(Acts 17:10, 11)
Then, let us act on what we learn, turning down false stories and clinging to the truth.

A. The first thing you say to a JW's before you study with them is that you not accept anything from the NWT as authoritative. But they won't accept any other Bible in their heart, even though they might allow you to use one.

The NWT is so extremely biased & perverted, it is questionable if any Hebrew or Greek scholars worked on it. It is nothing more than a sectarian paraphrase, not a translation.
No one uses the NWT except the Jw's.
Jw's on the other hand will use nothing else!
It has undergone many revisions.
It is not a translation, but a corrupt sectarian paraphrase

B. Unlike every major translation, the NWT paraphrase was produced under a cloud of secrecy.

The Organization made this statement about the NWT: "It is the truth rather than its servant that should be honored and proclaimed," Russell wrote in 1900, adding: "There is too much disposition to credit truth to the preacher, forgetful that all truth is of God, who uses one or another servant in its proclamation as it may please him." This is the principal reason why writers and translators of Watch Tower publications, as well as members of the New World Bible Translation Committee, choose to remain anonymous.(Awake, Oct 22, 1989, p. 20)
During a court trial in Glasgow, Scotland in 1954, Franz was asked by the Government lawyer just who the translators were. Franz replied under oath: "That is an absolute secret. It will never be revealed now or even after death." Only someone with something to hide would be so intent on secrecy. He was asked: "What happens if somebody submits a translation. Does the committee examine it? Mr. Franz: No. I give it my 0.K., then the President, Mr. N. H. Knorr, has the last word." He was further asked to explain how "translations and interpretations of the Bible were made." Franz replied that they emanated from God: "passed to the Holy Spirit who, invisible, communicates with Jehovah's Witnesses - and the publicity department." (Franz is the head of the Publicity Department).

C. The NWT translators were: Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, Fred Franz, M. Henschel

"Fred Franz however, was the only one with sufficient knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew." ["Crisis of Conscience"; by Raymond Franz; Commentary Press, Atlanta; 1983 edition; footnote 15; page 50.]
Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all. They had only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.
What we are left with is a very inexperienced translating committee that twisted Scripture to make it fit the Society's doctrine.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

How Can You Choose a good religion?

Are All Religions Good?

We live in a world of staggering religions diversity. One recent survey identified 19 major faiths and some 10,000 smaller religions worldwide. This variety offers people unprecedented religious choice. So does it matter which religion you choose?

Some people say that different religious are like different road leading up a mountain. To them, it does not matter which road they choose, since all roads lead to the same place. They reason that there is only one Almighty God, so all religions must ultimately lead to him.

Do All Roads Lead to God?

What did Jesus Christ, one of the most respected religious teachers in history, say on this subject?“Enter through the narrow gate,” he told his disciples. Why?“For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only few find it.”--Matthew 7:13, 14, The Holy Bible--New International Version.

Was Jesus really saying that some religions lead “to destruction”? Or was he teaching that only unbelievers are on the broad road, whereas those who believe in God-no matter what their religion-are on the narrow road that leads to life?

Immediately after stating that there are only two roads, Jesus said:“Be careful of false prophets. They come to you looking gentle like sheep, but they are really dangerous like wolves.”(Matthew 7:15, New Century Version) Lather he said:“Not everyone who calls me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do what my Father in heaven wants them to do.”(Matthew 7:21, Today’s English Version) If someone is called a prophet or claims that Jesus is his “Lord,” it is reasonable to say that he is a religious person, not an unbeliever. Clearly, then, Jesus was warning that not all religions are good and not all religious teachers should be trusted.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO IDENTIFY THE NARROW ROAD?

Since not all roads lead to God, how can you find among the thousands of options the narrow road that leads to life? Consider this illustration: Imagine that you are lost in a big city. You decide to ask for help. One person confidently tells you to go east. Another urges you to head west. Yet another suggests that you choose whatever direction feels best to you. Finally, a fellow traveler takes out a reliable map and shows you the correct route. He then gives you the map so that you can refer to it along the way. Would you not feel more confident of reaching your destination?

So, too, when it comes to choosing the right religious road, we need a reliable spiritual road map. Does one exist? Yes, it does. That map is the Bible, which declares:“All scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”--2 Timothy 3:16, King James Version.

You likely have available in your language a translation of the Bible that you can use as a spiritual road map. The publishers of the journal, Jehovah’s Witnesses, produce a reliable Bible translation known as the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. However, if you are not one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, you may prefer to use other translations when considering the subject of identifying good and bad religion. Therefore, this series of articles quotes from a number of Bible translations that are widely respected by other religious denominations.

As you read the following articles, compare what you know with what the Bible says. Keep in mind Jesus’ words regarding how we can distinguish good religion from bad. He said:“A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.”(Matthew 7:17, 18, Contemporary English Version”)

Consider just three of the good fruits that the Bible says would identify the “good tree.”

Cont..
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

GOOD RELIGION PROMOTES High Moral Standards

Good religion elevates our thinking and shows us how to improve our conduct. It supports us in the struggle to do what is right and brings out the best in us. How do we know that good religion does that?

Notice what the apostle Paul wrote to first-century Christians who lived in Corinth, Greece. That ancient city was notorious for its immoral lifestyle. Paul warned:“Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the Kingdom of God.” Then Paul added:“And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”(1 Corinthians 6:9-11, The Holy Bible-New International Version) Imagine--good religion helped some who were formerly without moral standards to become clean and upright servants of God!

By contrast, the Bible warns:“The time will come when people will not listen to sound doctrine, but will follow their own desires and will collect for themselves more and more teachers who will tell them what they are itching to hear.”(2 Timothy 4:3, Today’s English Version)

How do the religions that you know of measure up in this regard? Do they uphold the Bible’s high moral standards? Or do they water down the clear counsel found in God’s Word, telling people only “what they are itching to hear?”

To help you determine whether a particular religion is producing good fruit, why not take the time to answer the follow questions?

TOPIC: Marriage.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:“Marriage should be honored by everyone, and husband and wife should keep their marriage pure. God will judge as guilty those who take part in sexual sins.”(Hebrews 13:4, New Century Version)

QUESTION: Does this religion require that among its members, couples who live together be legally married?

TOPIC: Divorce

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES: When asked whether there was ever any grounds for divorce, Jesus said:“Whoever puts away his wife, except for immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”(Matthew 19:9, New Catholic Edition of the Holy Bible)

QUESTION: Does this religion respect Jesus’ direction and allow divorce and remarriage--but only on the grounds of immorality?

TOPIC: Sexual morality.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:“Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.”(1 Corinthians 6:18, NIV)

“Even the women pervert the natural use of their sex by unnatural acts. In the same way the men give up natural sexual relations with women and burn with passion for each other. Men do shameful things with each other, and as a result they bring upon themselves the punishment they deserve for their wrongdoing.”(Romans 1:26. 27, TEV)

QUESTION: Does this religion teach that sexual immorality either between a man and a woman or between a couple of the same sex is a sin?

TOPIC: Courageously uphold Bible standards among its members.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:“You must not associate with those who call themselves believers in Christ but who sin sexually, or are greedy, or worship idols, or abuse others with words, or get drunk, or cheat people. Do not even eat with people like that.”(1 Corinthians 5:11, NCV) What should happen to those who claim to be Christians but who are unrepentant sinners:“Expel the wicked man from among you,” states God’s Word.(1Corinthians 5:13, NIV)

QUESTION: Does this religion remove from its membership roll any who unrepentantly ignore Bible standards?

Which religion has a reputation for upholding the Bible’s high moral standards?

Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

GOOD RELIGION PROMOTES Brotherly Love

“HE WHO does not love does not know God; for God is love,” states the Bible.(1 John 4:8, New Catholic Edition of the Holy Bible) God religion, therefore, should promote brotherly love.

Many religions do an admirable job of caring for the sick, the elderly, and the poor. They encourage their members to apply the counsel of the apostle John, who wrote:“Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need, but does not help. Then God’s love is not living in the person. My children, we should love people not only with words and talk, but by our actions and true caring.”(1 John 3:17, 18, New Century Version)

What happens, though, when nations go to war? Should God’s command to “love thy neighbor as thyself” be applied in times of peace but be suspended when a politician or a king chooses to fight a neighbor nation?(Matthew 22:39, King James Version)

Jesus said:“By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”(John 13:35, New International Version) As you answer the following questions, ask yourself,‘Do members of this religion display love toward all men at all times not only with words but also with action?’

TOPIC: War.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES: Jesus commanded his disciple:“I say to you, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.”(Matthew 5:44, NCE)

When soldiers came to arrest Jesus, the apostle Peter drew a weapon to defend him. However, Jesus said:“Put your sword back in its place. All who use swords will be killed with swords.”(Matthew 26:52, NCV)

The apostle John wrote:“You can tell God’s children from the devil’s children, because those who belong to the devil refuse to do right or to love each other. From the beginning you were told that we must love each other. Don’t be like Cain, who belonged to the devil and murdered his own brother.”(1 John 3:10-12, Contemporary English Version)

QUESTION: Does this religion encourage it members to participate in warfare?

TOPIC: Politics.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES: After witnessing Jesus’ ability to perform miracles, some wanted him to become involved in local politics. His response?“Jesus knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.”(John 6:15, NIV)

When Jesus was arrested and falsely accused of being a political agitator, he replied:“My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not form the world.”(John 18:36, English Standard Version.)

When praying to God about the disciples Jesus said:“I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.”(John 17:14. Mew Revised Standard Version)

QUESTION: Does this religion follow Jesus’ example and avoid becoming involved in politics, even if that means that its member will be hated by some politicians?

Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

TOPIC: Prejudice.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES: When the first uncircumcised non-Jews became Christians, the apostle Peter remarked:“God doesn’t show favoritism, but in every nation the person who fears Him and does righteousness is acceptable to Him.”(Acts 10:34, 35, Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Writing to first-century Christians, James said:“My friends, if you have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, you won’t treat some people better than others. Suppose a rich person wearing fancy clothes and a gold ring comes to one of your meetings. And suppose a poor person dressed in worn-out clothes also comes. You must not give the best seat to the one in fancy clothes and tell the one who is poor to stand at the side or sit on the floor. That is the same as saying that some people are better than others, and you would be acting like a crooked judge.”(James 2:1-4, CEV)

QUESTION: Does the religion teach that all people are equal in God’s sight and that members of the religion should not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race or economic standings?

Which religion teaches its members to overcome political, racial and economic barriers that divide people?

GOOD RELIGION PROMOTES Respect for God’s Word

JESUS promoted respect for God’s Word, the Bible. This fact is evident from the way he replied when tempted by the Devil.(Matthew 4:4-11) For example, how did Jesus react when Satan challenged him to turn some stones into loaves of bread? Jesus rejected the temptation by quoting Moses’ inspired words, which you can read at Deuteronomy 8:3. And when the Devil offered Jesus rulership over all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for just one act of worship, how did Jesus reply? He refused the offer by referring to a Scriptural principle that you can find at Deuteronomy 6:13.

Just think! Even though he was God’s own Son, Jesus relied on the Bible as his authority when teaching. And he certainly never ignored God’s Word in favor of human tradition.(John 7:16-18)

However, many of the religious leaders of Jesus’ day did not share his respect for God’s Word. Why not? They had allowed human tradition to overshadow the Sacred Scriptures. Jesus bluntly told those religious men:“You have revoked God’s Word because of your tradition. Hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you when he said:‘These people honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commands of Men.’”(Matthew 15:6-9, Holman Christian Standard Bible.)

Many of the world’s religions, Christian and non-Christian alike, claim to respect the Bible. Nevertheless, how many religions do you know of that discard human traditions when these clash with clear teaching found in God’s Word? Consider just two examples.

TOPIC: Religious titles.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES: Jesus condemned the religious leaders of his day for their love of titles and their desire for prominence. He said that those men loved “the first place at suppers and the front seat in the synagogues, and greetings in the market place, and to be called by men ‘Rabbi.’” Jesus told his disciples:“Do not you be called ‘Rabbi’; for one is your Master, and all you are brothers. And call no one on earth your father; for one is your Father, who is in heaven.”(Matthew 23:1-10, New Catholic Edition of the Holy Bible.)

QUESTION: Do leaders of this religion like to be called by honorific titles and seek prominence in the community, or do they obey Jesus’ command to avoid doing so?

Cont...
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

TOPIC: Use of images in worship.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them.”(Exodus 20:4, 5, English Standard Version)

The apostle John wrote to Christians:“You must stay away from idols.”(1 John 5:21, Contemporary English Version)

QUESTION: Does this religion obey the Bible’s clear command to avoid the use of images and idols in the worship of God?

You Can Find the Right Path

Despite the bewildering number of religious paths available today, you can find the one that leads to life. There are many identifying marks of the “religion that is pure and undefiled before God.”(James 1:27, New Revised Standard Version)

The scriptures discussed in these articles can act as signposts that help direct you to that religion.

Why not ask Jehovah’s Witnesses to explain their answers to the questions raised in these articles?

As you examine what they say, follow the good example of those who lived during the first century in the city of Beroea. After hearing the apostle Paul preach,“they studied the Scriptures to see if what Paul said was really true.”(Acts 17:11, Today’s English Version)

If, like the Beroeans, you respect God’s Word and diligently study it, you will find the path to life. Whether you then walk down that path is a choice you will have to make.

Which religion encourages people to study the Scriptures to see if what they are learning is really true?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
How Can You Choose a good religion

By avoiding money grubbing cults that dupe their own members like the Watchtower Cult (aka the Jehovah Witnesses).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
GOOD RELIGION PROMOTES High Moral Standards

Contrast that with the Jehovah's Witness cult that advocates lying, even in court, helps no one but themselves, makes up doctrine and dogma to the benefit of the cults inner circle, has a high divorce rate, intentionally and maliciously tears families apart, "disfellowships" any dissenters [read publicly shun], controls the slightest aspects of peoples lives, lies to its own members, and is worth OVER $100,000,000,000.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
GOOD RELIGION PROMOTES Brotherly Love

Which the watchtower detests. If the cult does not like someone they will disfellowship them and FORBID any other member any contact with them. Love only extends as far as cult boundaries will allow. Non-members are all considered apostates and the only reason to have contact with them is to try to brainwash them.

The cult actively seeks people who are of lower intelligence and lower educations levels as they are easier to convert and control.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
TOPIC: Prejudice.

Here is something the cult is all for. They consider dark skin to be a curse. They are misogynists who insist that women are good for little except procreation and brainwashing prospective members. They actively persecute members of other religions and beliefs. It is their way or the highway.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Student wrote:
TOPIC: Use of images in worship.

The JW's first logo was that of a cross.

Kingdom Halls are designed on the same theme as masonic temples (as their founder was a mason).

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...

Here is the founders tomb:

The building in the background is a masonic lodge.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
By avoiding money grubbing cults that dupe their own members like the Watchtower Cult (aka the Jehovah Witnesses).
There is no monetary collections baskets passed around at any of our meetings.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrast that with the Jehovah's Witness cult that advocates lying, even in court, helps no one but themselves, makes up doctrine and dogma to the benefit of the cults inner circle, has a high divorce rate, intentionally and maliciously tears families apart, "disfellowships" any dissenters [read publicly shun], controls the slightest aspects of peoples lives, lies to its own members, and is worth OVER $100,000,000,000.
Can you prove any of your slandering lies?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,861 - 33,880 of38,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

697 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 679,954
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min BenAdam 596,502
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min lightbeamrider 216,822
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min StarC 512,005
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min EdmondWA 89,549
Male public nudity exhibitionism 18 min bdh 5
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 18 min ajot 235
•••
•••
•••