Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#35680 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to but in.
The Tao Te Ching is a great read... well, it depends on the translation you use. Taoism (he philosophy NOT the religion) is atheistic and makes a lot of sense.

I agree completely with your points.

I would add that the Tao is atheistic but not necessarily a-deistic, if you get my drift. The Tao, while not being supernatural is, to some degree, supernormal.

There is an old saying (actually about Zen but close enough): "It is just like everyday life only about 2 inches off the ground."

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35681 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
My translation of the opeming verses of the Tao Te Ching:
Existence can not be explained.
Words may be used to describe it
but they are all incomplete.

The same in the Jane English & Gia-fu Feng translation is:
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth.

Obviously poetry and flow are nearly as important to them as literal accuracy. But if it comes down to accuracy vs. flow they bit the bullet and go with the accuracy.

The Lau translation starts:

The way that can be spoken of
Is not the constant way;
The name that can be named
Is not the constant name.

The nameless was the beginning of heaven and earth;

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35682 Jul 30, 2013
Student wrote:
Daily Text

Ah, the daily spam which no one reads is here again.

For what purpose we know not.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#35683 Jul 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with Japanese Buddhism, per se, but when most Americans think of Japanese Buddhism they think of Zen, but actually Zen is not that much of a factor in Japan. I don't usually want to malign other Buddhist sects, but when they are just going through the motions it is worthless.
As I indicated before, Buddhism takes on the characteristics of the culture it move into. There are something like 11 schools of Buddhism in Japan. I only know much about the Zen schools (Rinzai
& S&#333;t&#333;). They do not pass down temples to their eldest son like many of the others do.
I am not into superstitious stuff regardless of its association with a religion. I have a nice statue of the Buddha in my study/meditation room. I will also rub Hoti's belly just to be funny and not because I take it seriously for a second.
Zen is a huge factor in budo here.

Some stable somewhere

#35684 Jul 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tao Te Ching is the original book on Taoism by Lao Tzu. It is more of a philosophy of life than a religion (though, even here you can find "religious" Taoists. It is a book that has some great ideas in it, especially if you can read to understand what the author is actually saying and not trying to argue with it every step of the way. And it is very short. I highly recommend the Gia-fu Feng and Jane English translation (English). There are good translations in every major language in the world.
I think it is good for a Christian to become an Atheist. It certainly cleared the cobwebs out of my head. If I could I think I would force everyone to be an atheist for at least a few years! LOL. Certainly clears out the superstitious nonsense that make up the body of most religions.
I started Buddhist practice (zen meditation) because it was a practice, not for religious reasons. It did open me up to Jesus' teachings about love and his non literal understandings, however.
There is a difference between spiritual experience and religious belief. Atheists can have the former, they disregard the latter.

It's part of human experience to be spiritual.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35685 Jul 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Zen is a huge factor in budo here.

Yes, I imagine it would be.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35686 Jul 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between spiritual experience and religious belief. Atheists can have the former, they disregard the latter.
It's part of human experience to be spiritual.

Yep, I agree.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35689 Jul 31, 2013
Daily Text

Thursday, August 1

May my prayer be prepared as incense before you.—Ps. 141:2.

God expects us to desist from dead works and to study his Word, pray, and attend Christian meetings. And Christian family heads take the initiative in conducting family worship with the members of their own households.(1 Thess. 5:17; Heb. 10:24, 25) Think for a moment about your prayers—about their regularity and their quality. The book of Revelation likens “the prayers of the holy ones” to incense in that acceptable prayers rise to Jehovah like a sweet-smelling and pleasant odor.(Rev. 5:8) In ancient Israel, the incense that was regularly offered on Jehovah’s altar had to be carefully and precisely prepared. It was acceptable to Jehovah only if offered according to the guidelines that he had established.(Ex. 30:34-37; Lev. 10:1, 2) If our heartfelt prayers are similarly formulated, then we can be sure that they are acceptable to Jehovah.(Examining the Scriptures Daily 2013)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35691 Jul 31, 2013
Demonic Tactics of the Watchtower Society

The following fact is known by all Christians, and they can not hesitate to testify: Anyone who has contact with Jesus, has nothing to fear from demons. Jesus frees from the dark powers and his disciples remain completely undisturbed by demonic harassment. Christians are often at the front line and fight against negative spiritual forces. This struggle doesn't manifest itself in such a way that in occult confrontation demonical possession or demonic manifestations were to be tolerated. Also, it can't happen to anyone who stands under the protection of Jesus, that he is influenced in a demonic way or that he can be possessed by demons. Jesus is Lord and gives us his indomitable protection against demons.
This is different to the Jehovah's Witnesses

For the Watchtower Society, whose connection goes only to that unknown Jehovah, the situation is the antipodal way. The WTS writes:
Wrestling Against Wicked Spirit Forces
MANY people scoff at the idea that there are wicked spirits. But it is no laughing matter. Whether people believe it or not, wicked spirits do exist, and they try to exert pressure on everyone. Worshipers of Jehovah are not exempt. In fact, they are the primary target.(Worship the Only True God, Page 70)

With this statement, the Watchtower Society is absolutely right, because they do not confront the contact with Jesus, and prefer to rely instead on a Jehovah, whose name does not appear in the originals and also gives no protection against demons.(The word Jehovah arose by chance from the mixing of YHWH and Adonai, which was meant as a reading aloud brake, so the reader in the synagogue did not pronounce the name of God. From this stopgap Catholic monks tinkered in the early Middle Ages the invented name of God, Jehovah). Who this Jehovah really most likely is, can be very clearly seen at the repeated representations of demons reflected in the Watchtower scriptures, some of which are annexed further below.

That this antigod Jehovah according to his nature is surrounded by demons, causes that the Jehovah's worshipers are not only not protected from demons, but: "In fact, they are the primary target" of the demons.
Watchtower Society as an Agent of Truth

The statement that the worshipers of Jehovah are committed in a special way to demon infestation, is true. It is a clear truth, which is coinciding with the representations of all the demons in the WTS writings. The slave from Brooklyn is telling in this case the whole truth and gives the impression in appearance as the channel of god, as though all the good people (Jehovah's Witnesses) are attacked by demons. But that Jehovah is not God, that is concealing the honorable company and is lying in this way, even if it once is telling the truth.

More (including graphic pictures) at:
http://www.antichrist-watchtower.org/demonic-...

Some stable somewhere

#35692 Jul 31, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I imagine it would be.
I didn't have time before - Japanese martial arts are all about zen. They're movement, perhaps even ritual, based in that you copy the movements of the master, over and over, until you can do them without thinking. Over time these develop into a spinal cord reflex - once you can move without thinking, when the "I" just sits back and watches the body, "the hands of Buddha" touch you. At that moment, you have reached Zen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35693 Jul 31, 2013
Theocratic War Strategy
(AKA JW's licensed to LIE!)

The word theocracy indicates a human society that is supposedly under a divine leadership. In contrast to the body of Christ the theocracy is an extreme earthly manifestation. The true church, the Body of Christ, is an invisible constitution, which was called to life by Jesus and is also kept alive by him. The theocracy on the other hand is based on human initiative and requires constant monitoring by an elite that claims to stand in connection with a god.

Everything that is described with the attribute "theocratic", it has nothing to do with God contrary to the actual meaning of the word, but only with a particularly brazen form of human domination of man over man. The conceptual hypocrisy inherent in the word "theocracy" has to draw consequently further errors, because from lie can only come lie. One of the consequences of the theocratic organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is the theocratic war strategy, which is designed to serve better enforcing the interests of the Watchtower-god Jehovah.

But can it really be that the creator of the universe relies on lies? The endorsement of the theocratic lie by Jehovah already shows in itself that this Jehovah can not be the God of the Bible and not the God of truth. A God who encourages his men to lie in order to better realize the interests of his channel, can not have anything to do with the God of the Bible, but must be either a fantasy figure or Satan himself. Imputing to God, he would endorse something like the theocratic war strategy, is one of the most audacious and insulting attacks and blasphemies, the world has ever seen.

Jesus, the Son of God (he describes himself as the truth), would have probably bad trouble if he would be the son of a God who incites his witnesses to lie, also if this stratagem was ever so helpful in the enforcement of any interests. And what must be these witnesses who every now and then neglect to walk upright, when it seems advisable for them! These are definitely dishonest witnesses who are likely not to be aboveboard.

This certificate of shame expose the Jehovah's Witnesses by following the recommendations and instructions of the faithful and discreet slave and apply the Rahab technique, the theocratic war strategy. And not only that! Each of such member to lie prone union can not and should not more even describe himself as sincere. Each of the in the Watch Tower Society staying, although he knows that there will be encouraged in certain cases, to lie, can just as easily walk around with a big cardboard poster, on which is written: God is a liar and Jesus is the falsehood!

http://www.antichrist-watchtower.org/theocrat...

Good thing we can see the end coming for this Satan inspired cult.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35694 Jul 31, 2013
False Witnesses - More proof of the Lies of the Watchtower cult.

http://www.antichrist-watchtower.org/in-the-n...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35695 Jul 31, 2013
Watchtower Society anti-Semitic

Like the Catholic Church the Watchtower Society claims to be God's chosen people and to have displaced the Jews out of this feature. The Catholic Church has always been anti-Semitic and is now even anti-Semitic, though only "secretly". The Bavarian pope after bringing home the Society of St. Pius X just whispering expressed that Holocaust deniers should rethink their view. But the Church's legitimacy of anti-Semitism, the Pope has not been drawn back.

Just as the Catholic Church, the Watchtower Society exercises its anti-Semitism behind closed doors. And again, the Watchtower and Awake illustrations are the stuff, which tells us the true intention of the Watchtower Society.

To joy of the Watchtower Society to show the Jews in the ugliest and most exciting horror situations and poses is striking and really needs no comment. Only people who are anti-Semitic, need to be told that this kind of defaming Jews and putting them in a certain drawer, is located very close to the techniques of the Nazis. The genocide was possible only after the mood in the German people was heated to the utmost against the Jew per se.

This flame of the natural anti-semitism will rekindle. Judging from the Watchtower pictures, some people are keen to keep the flame of hatred against the Jews always on a certain minimum level. This should be seen alongside other strong similarities between Islam, Catholicism and Watchtower religion as a special match. In the "ecumenism" of anti-Semitism, Catholicism, Islam and the Jehovaismus stand together as one man.

More at:
http://www.antichrist-watchtower.org/watchtow...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35696 Jul 31, 2013
Modern Pharisees

Thus the modern Pharisees sit together exactly like the scribes shown above, putting their fingers on the letters in the writings, more likeable perhaps, but in the same way to force the direction. While Jesus each of his disciples gives the promise that he will be led into the truth, the Jehovah-Pharisees sit together and allot the thinking, which is to be made applicable to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Again there is the absolute analogy between the former and today's Jesus deniers. They forbid people to pray to Jesus, and thereby they deny them the way to the Father, to rescue, to life. The Watchtower Society has no other business than to use the donations of the entrapped to dissuade even more people from Jesus. What Mary, the Mother of God, spoils among Catholics by the way over the heart by acting as an unbiblical anti-goddess, that destroys the Watchtower doctrine by emphasizing the brainpower. The Watchtower propaganda says: Follow the modern religious elite and hate the Pharisees.

This is the same as the prohibition to pray for rain, but at the same time beeing instructed to pray for a lottery winning. It is the same as before, except that it comes now printed on colored paper into the house transported by friendly stooges of the modern Pharisees.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35697 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't have time before - Japanese martial arts are all about zen. They're movement, perhaps even ritual, based in that you copy the movements of the master, over and over, until you can do them without thinking. Over time these develop into a spinal cord reflex - once you can move without thinking, when the "I" just sits back and watches the body, "the hands of Buddha" touch you. At that moment, you have reached Zen.

Yes. Some metaphors involved but yes.

My initial interest in Zen was through reading about martial arts.

Bruce Lee quoted Zen literature frequently in his books.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35698 Jul 31, 2013
FIND OUT WHAT THE WATCHTOWER IS REALLY LIKE.

ACTUAL COURT RECORDS

Story:
http://ex-jw.com/menlo-park-elder-tells-all-1

PDF of court transcript:
http://ex-jw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/1...

SMOKING GUN!

Some stable somewhere

#35703 Jul 31, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Some metaphors involved but yes.
My initial interest in Zen was through reading about martial arts.
Bruce Lee quoted Zen literature frequently in his books.
Nice! I've practiced and taught martial arts for years - I have felt the metaphors that Zen invokes to explain that feeling of separation of mind and body. I prefer neuroscience explanations myself.

:)
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35704 Jul 31, 2013
THE Bible says that although there are many who are viewed as gods,“there is actually to us one God the Father.”(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6)

That “one God” is Jehovah, the Creator of all things.(Deuteronomy 6:4; Revelation 4:11)

Jesus referred to him as “my God and your God.”(John 20:17)

He agreed with Moses, who had earlier stated:“Jehovah is the true God; there is no other besides him.”(Deuteronomy 4:35)

Jehovah is far superior to any objects of worship, such as idols, deified humans, or his enemy Satan the Devil,“the god of this system of things.”(2 Corinthians 4:3, 4)

In contrast to all of these, Jehovah is, as Jesus called him,“the only true God.”(John 17:3)

Appreciative people who learn about God’s heartwarming qualities, as well as what he has done and will yet do for us, are drawn to him. As their love for Jehovah grows, they feel impelled to magnify him. How? One way is by telling others about him.“With the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation,” states Romans 10:10.

Another way is by imitating him in word and deed.“Become imitators of God, as beloved children,” says Ephesians 5:1.

To do so more fully, we need to know Jehovah as he truly is.
Student

Oregon City, OR

#35705 Jul 31, 2013
Paul wrote:“Keep testing whether you are in the faith.”(2 Corinthians 13:5)

The apostle urged us to keep testing ourselves to determine whether we are adhering to the body of Christian beliefs. If our ears are inclined toward disgruntled ones, we need to analyze ourselves prayerfully.(Psalm 139:23, 24)

Are we inclined to find fault with Jehovah’s people? If so, why? Have we been hurt by the words or actions of someone? If so, are we keeping things in proper perspective? Any tribulation we face in this system of things is temporary.(2 Corinthians 4:17)

Even if we experience some trial in the congregation, why should we quit serving God?

If we are upset over something, is it not far better to do what we can to resolve the matter and then leave it in Jehovah’s hands?(Psalm 4:4; Proverbs 3:5, 6; Ephesians 4:26)

Rather than being critical, let us maintain a spiritually healthy view of the information received through personal study and congregation meetings.(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15)

And instead of questioning God’s Word, how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Beroeans who examined the Scriptures closely!(Acts 17:10, 11)

Then, let us act on what we learn, turning down false stories and clinging to the truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#35707 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice! I've practiced and taught martial arts for years - I have felt the metaphors that Zen invokes to explain that feeling of separation of mind and body. I prefer neuroscience explanations myself.
:)

Metaphors are perfectly acceptable in that realm.\

I like neuroscience myself. I have read a few books on neuroplasticity in the last couple of years and at least on on consciousness. It is a fascinating field of study.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Earthling 14,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min nanoanomaly 950,425
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Anthony MN 627,359
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 278,381
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 31 min Grunt56 223,071
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 46 min Adam 615,728
Play "end of the word" part 2 49 min Aussie Kev 681
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 179,999
More from around the web