Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Student wrote:
T 27
All Suffering Soon to End!.

I know you realize that NO ONE reads this.

How much credit do you get from spam posting on topix?

You still have to get your door knocking in, right?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Student wrote:
T 27 Suffering Is Near Its End

Suffering will never end as long as failing student is posting non stop spam.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

yon wrote:
<quoted text>
For dubs it's OK to lie to anybody - called "Theocratic Warfare"

Yes, I am aware of the watchtower cults rationalizations.

The Satan is strong with them.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Student wrote:
What Punishment for Sin?

oy vey

you are jamming up the bandwidth and boring the heck out of us.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

yon wrote:
"The Orwellian Thinking Of JW's"
"..if the Society told them to roll a peanut down the street with their nose they would do it."
http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/showth...

This is true for all mind control cult members. They are all the same. They "see" with certainty the "absolute truth" of what the cult maintains. All the pieces fit like a jigsaw puzzle for them. Of course to rational people outside of the cult it is just nonsense.

The CoC cult was the same thing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to look up something that I help teach other people about. You, the non-expert in this case, need to go and look it up.
This:
"When the person, by virtue of their character or actions has a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim then attacking them is NOT an Ad Hominem."
Is misleading. It's wrong. You are ignorant. Go find an expert that agrees with you if you want to prove me wrong and show a corresponding example, and if it's correct, I will happily yield. In turn, I give you the dictionary definition of an ad hominem which disagrees with you:
"directed against a person rather than against his arguments"
The ONLY situation where what you said would hold true is if the person *is* the subject. Otherwise, the person's arguments, not the person themselves, should always be the focus. Go ahead and write this off, because we all know you barely remembered or knew what an Ad Hominem was before I brought it up, and you certainly don't have the backing to make any claim for or against it.
<quoted text>
Typical to write off what you cannot defend as you so often do. I refuted each point correctly -- your refusal to prove anything wrong with what you call my "rationalizations" implicates that such is the case.
I take no offense from your irrational responses and name-calling. Pitiful, truly, to see someone blind to their own pathetic ignorance.

In summary you cannot defend your thesis with actual references and are throwing hay-makers to attempt to defend yourself.

You even admit you refuse to look it up.

Epic failure.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job, looks like your Google search on the structure of Rhetorical Questions was fruitful. Now you just need to learn to speak and write the language :P.
<quoted text>
More like a 1st grader trying to explain Calculus with the word purple. lol
<quoted text>
Did you miss the point in my dozens of previous posts that words in languages are coined for hundreds of bizarre, wrong, or inane reasons, but ultimately it's still a correct word in the language in modern usage? Because if not, now you know.
<quoted text>
Strike 2? What was Strike 1? How is this point, which I was already aware how Jewish people tend to pronounce Yahweh, have any bearing on anything?
<quoted text>
Communication fail.
<quoted text>
Did you process the bit about how we pronounce things today being completely different to how we used to pronounce things, which means even if Yahweh is certainly the transliteration (which we do not know for sure, because no one can claim that they are certain of which vowels belong where, and anyone who does so is a liar) we would still not have the correct pronunciation?
<quoted text>
You mean people you don't know?
<quoted text>
Something you do well in avoiding, since you are clearly ignorant of it.
<quoted text>
We speak proper English. When the language changes, we will change, as we already do for the other dozens of languages.
<quoted text>
Wrong about what? About Jehovah being a word in English? You said it wasn't. It is, and no expert will deny that. You said Jehovah is an incorrect name for God in English. Also wrong, according to the dictionary. So, feel free to keep believing yourself to be right and any other unfounded irrational beliefs you wish to collect.
<quoted text>
I know this must seem mind-blowing to the feeble-minded but if anything, talking with you and the ignorant mono-lingual has actually made me increasingly certain about my convictions. I actually shared my discussions with a couple more people recently, and even though they thought my responses were uncharacteristically harsh (who knew?) your ignoring key points made by others and myself and poor argumentation increased their faith.
So if you want to look at it as brain-washing, thank you for being the "them" for our "us". Thank you for "villain-izing" us, and repeating fallacies, and posting lies and slander. You're helping more people become JW's everyday! You're doing a good thing by being the representative for the people who are wrong, Dogen.

Again, nothing of substance.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who that is. After all, it must not be a reference to me, since I know someone as educated as yourself would not result to menial name-calling.
I'm just kidding, we know your education is purely superficial.
<quoted text>
I was replying to the string of posts not to the post individually. Mainly because I would feel more filthy meddling with the ignorant mono-lingual than with you.
<quoted text>
You don't have any empirical evidence of this, but I have no intention of fighting it since it seems futile. That said, I can at least notify you that no one in my family has a mental illness -- and people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

I have provided references to this a few times.

The references I have given and a couple of additional one are here:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/mental-issu...

Many more here:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking about immaturity in front of Student who has put up with your name-calling for a fairly long time is a bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
Nevertheless, you put (unintentionally) a valid point that I should focus more on being respectful of old people, like yourself,(said in this fashion for ironic effect) regardless of their monolingualism, ignorance, irrationality, and other negative characteristics.
At any rate, thank you for replying to my posts (quasi-consistently) and serving as a an inspiration for me to focus less on the titles and more on the content.
Things (hopefully) learned by others:
- Various dictionary definitions
- Names are words.
- The fact that Jehovah *is* a word *and* a name for the Judeo-Christian God in the bible in English
- The fact that names in religious texts are not usually transliterated, but generally translated (as happens with John to Juan to Jean in English, Spanish and French respectively)
- The fact that the ignorant mono-lingual is a hypocrite who does not practice true Christianity as it was further clarified by Paul.
- No one is expelled for having a beard in of itself.
- A normal dose of doubts and questions can be an important part of a growing level of faith.
- And hopefully more!

Why do you repeat points I have successfully refuted?

Unless you can respond with citations you are just making personal assertions and committing ad hominem fallacies.

It pleases me that you are doing so poorly. Maybe you should go cry to your mommy.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
In summary you cannot defend your thesis with actual references and are throwing hay-makers to attempt to defend yourself.
You even admit you refuse to look it up.
Epic failure.
I said I wouldn't, but I actually did -- I defined it with the dictionary, and then proceeded to state how you can prove me wrong. You didn't. But I'm onto more interesting and fruitful discussions now. Nevertheless, I appreciate the fun times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have provided references to this a few times.
The references I have given and a couple of additional one are here:
http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/mental-issu...
Many more here:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar...
From your own source:
"It is difficult to assess whether there is a high level of mental illness amongst Jehovah's Witnesses, due to a lack of reliable scientific studies"

I said no empirical evidence was provided. This stands true. Not all evidence is empirical. Then again, you probably don't know what that means :D.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you repeat points I have successfully refuted?
Unless you can respond with citations you are just making personal assertions and committing ad hominem fallacies.
It pleases me that you are doing so poorly. Maybe you should go cry to your mommy.
I have quoted the dictionary several times. It is your right to reject the dictionary's authority -- nevertheless, it is rare that I find someone so pretentious and insensible, so even though it didn't get through to you, it has and will for any rational third-party observers.

*Your* refutations are just that. Your opinions, which are unsubstantiated and hold little weight in a scholarly discussion. A tree is shown by it's fruit. I would wager you have yet to convert anyone into your way of thinking, and you certainly have not convinced anyone here. You can keep saying that the reason is because people are gullible and easily brainwashed -- and that doesn't affect me in the least, because in the end, we continue to grow year after year.

We have and will preach the whole world (Matthew 24:14). I bargain your opinions have barely made it outside of your front yard. You decide for yourself if you think you are fulfilling Christ's prophecies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The trend of having a beard has come and gone over time and across different nations. Right now, I'm certain there are brothers with different forms of facial hair from many different places, and I've met a few such brothers with beards.

It is not the beard, or the car, or the wine, or the food, or the house, or the job, or anything in of itself that makes something right or wrong, most times. Motivation is the major factor. It is impossible for a person to be expelled without them being in violation of a Biblical principle, and every person removes is told specifically what Biblical principles they have violated when removed.

James is Santiago in Spanish and Jacques in French. I challenge any mono-linguals to tackle that difference and still claim it's a transliteration. It isn't. It's a translation. The name was translated. As are the others, despite the fact that many times a similar sound is maintained.

Last but not least, claiming that evidence exists, and then telling the person to look for it, does not constitute empirical evidence of anything. I don't have the patience to complete the exercise in futility of explaining why the findings are flawed, inconsistent, or simply wrong, but none that I have seen so far is close to being noteworthy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Matthew 28:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Matthew 24:14

New International Version (NIV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

God’s people truly are being ridiculed even today as they have always been.

Reminds me of Revelation 12:13-17

Is the debased Satan the Devil pleased at this witnessing concerning God’s Messianic kingdom?

Revelation 12:13-17 indicates No, saying:“Now when the dragon [Satan] saw that it was hurled down to the earth, it persecuted the woman [God’s heavenly organization] that gave birth to the male child [the Messianic kingdom].... And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who [1] observe the commandments of God and [2] have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.”

One way that Satan tries to stop all Christians from reflecting God’s glory is by ridicule. This tactic should come as no surprise. During his ministry on earth, Jesus Christ was ridiculed—laughed at, sneered at, made fun of, treated insolently, and even spit upon.

Mark 5:40-
At this they began to laugh scornfully at him. But, having put them all out, he took along the young child’s father and mother and those with him, and he went in where the young child was.

Luke 16:14-
Now the Pharisees, who were money lovers, were listening to all these things, and they began to sneer at him.

Luke 18:32-
For instance, he will be delivered up to [men of] the nations and will be made fun of and be treated insolently and spit upon;

Early Christians were also objects of mockery.

Acts 2:13-
However, different ones mocked at them and began to say:“They are full of sweet wine.”

Acts 17:32-
Well, when they heard of a resurrection of the dead, some began to mock, while others said:“We will hear you about this even another time.”

Servants of Jehovah today, face similar abuse. According to the apostle Peter, they would, in effect, be labeled “false prophets.”

“In the last days,” foretold Peter,“there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying:‘Where is this promised presence of his? Why,... all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.’”(2 Peter 3:3, 4)

God’s people are ridiculed as being out of touch with reality. The Bible’s moral standards are viewed as old-fashioned. To many, the message that we preach is foolishness.

1 Corinthians 1:18, 19-
For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is God’s power. 19 For it is written:“I will make the wisdom of the wise [men] perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual [men] I will shove aside.”

As Christians, we may face ridicule at school, at work, and at times even in the family circle. Undeterred, we continue to reflect God’s glory through our preaching, knowing as did Jesus that God’s Word is truth.(John 17:17)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I wouldn't, but I actually did -- I defined it with the dictionary, and then proceeded to state how you can prove me wrong. You didn't. But I'm onto more interesting and fruitful discussions now. Nevertheless, I appreciate the fun times.

In other words you failed to do anything except that Jehovah (like Ra, Odin, God, The Father,..... etc. etc......) is an English word for a god.

How hard you had to work to avoid my points.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
From your own source:
"It is difficult to assess whether there is a high level of mental illness amongst Jehovah's Witnesses, due to a lack of reliable scientific studies"
I said no empirical evidence was provided. This stands true. Not all evidence is empirical. Then again, you probably don't know what that means :D.

That was one source. You only looked a one?

Or did you look till you found one with the answer you liked.

Either way it is the same sort of dishonest crap we have all come to expect from mind control cult members.
Student

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently neither of you like that verse. So just keep ignoring.
I have posted to this verse before, but maybe you will understand this posting?

Jesus said to the disciples whom he sent out to announce that the time had come:“Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter into a Samaritan city; but, instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And with reference to himself, Jesus said:“I was not sent forth to any but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”(Matt. 10:5, 6; 15:24)

It was the right time for this initial notification work. Jesus reminded the “house of Israel” of this divine timing of things, when he said to the Jews:“The appointed time has been fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has drawn near. Be repentant, you people, and have faith in the good news.”(Mark 1:15)

But did the nationwide preaching by the “slaves” of the heavenly King result in a national repentance and conversion and an acceptance of the King’s Son as the royal Messiah?

It was almost at the end of the first call of notification that Jesus described how this initial call had been received. In his illustration he went on to say:“But they were unwilling.”

“The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king that made a marriage feast for his son. And he sent forth his slaves to call those invited to the marriage feast, but they were unwilling to come.”(Matt. 22:2, 3)

Today we might wonder why Christ did not go to the pagans instead of preaching to those who were members of Judaism and worshipers of the true God.

Like sheep that have strayed from their shepherd, so the nation of Israel had strayed from the true worship of the Great Shepherd, Jehovah God.

Their religion had become corrupted by human philosophies and traditions. Because the religious leaders had become like blind guides Jesus said:“Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”(Matt. 15:14)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I have quoted the dictionary several times. It is your right to reject the dictionary's authority -- nevertheless, it is rare that I find someone so pretentious and insensible, so even though it didn't get through to you, it has and will for any rational third-party observers.
*Your* refutations are just that. Your opinions, which are unsubstantiated and hold little weight in a scholarly discussion. A tree is shown by it's fruit. I would wager you have yet to convert anyone into your way of thinking, and you certainly have not convinced anyone here. You can keep saying that the reason is because people are gullible and easily brainwashed -- and that doesn't affect me in the least, because in the end, we continue to grow year after year.

Nothing here but ignoring the facts I have given you. Your choice.
ServantOfWisdom wrote:
<quoted text> We have and will preach the whole world (Matthew 24:14). I bargain your opinions have barely made it outside of your front yard. You decide for yourself if you think you are fulfilling Christ's prophecies.

You are confused. It is not mans job to fulfill prophecies. Maybe that is why your cult has made so many false ones (have you forgotten that or are you into the cults revisionist history story telling?).

Maybe when you grow up a bit you will become more interested in the truth. Till the spirit stirs that within you there is nothing I nor any other mortal can do for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

436 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aura Mytha 224,110
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 9 min MUQ1 36,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessarily so 720,676
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Aura Mytha 256,454
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 24 min ChromiuMan 5,230
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Epiphany2 599,065
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 45 min SIYA 122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min Clearwater 172,345
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Chess 532,629
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr bbbbbb 73
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••